Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,660 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1775039 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ttipsy(f): 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
spyder880:
Is anyone else feeling the traffic lights here might be impeding the ease of movement? What's the sense in putting traffic lights at every street junction. The one around Edozien street junction and the one at the Ogbete/CIC road junction of Ziks avenue are so close. You get stopped in one, and get stopped in the next.
are pple not crossing ?? pedestrians" . so there's need for it
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
Abeg who knows any hotel someone can go and swim on a sunday for enugu.
Spyder880
CJrane2
Gloryisaac
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
judgedredd22:

you mean this road is inside/within uwani?? shocked shocked mehhhn, sullivan really tried o... can't remember seeing roads this good in uwani while growing up in 042!!

All inner street roads at Uwani are tarred.

All inner street roads at Coal camp are tarred

Many at Agbani road area and Awkwunanaw are tarred.

And to think these areas are for low and lower middle class speaks well of how planned the city is
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
slimthugchimee:
Spyder880
CJrane2
Gloryisaac

Never done such but i think you'll easily get a bunch of them at New Haven...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 12:01am On Sep 30, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Never done such but i think you'll easily get a bunch of them at New Haven...

What about Ronan, is their commercial?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 30, 2017
spyder880:
Is anyone else feeling the traffic lights here might be impeding the ease of movement? What's the sense in putting traffic lights at every street junction. The one around Edozien street junction and the one at the Ogbete/CIC road junction of Ziks avenue are so close. You get stopped in one, and get stopped in the next.

In as much as i agree with you on the excess traffic lights, i feel it really keeps the motorists in check especially those keke guys that feel they're riding a power bike undecided

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 30, 2017
slimthugchimee:

What about Ronan, is their commercial?

Don't know Bro, never been there.. this is actually the first time I've heard such name.... you can ask them Keke riders who ply that area regularly, i bet they gonna give you a breakdown of the hotels and their price list cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 2:08am On Sep 30, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Don't know Bro, never been there.. this is actually the first time I've heard such name.... you can ask them Keke riders who ply that area regularly, i bet they gonna give you a breakdown of the hotels and their price list cheesy

Sorry I meant top rank
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
slimthugchimee:

Sorry I meant top rank

Oh, my bad... i really can't say if they'll permit but you can try there though, the worst you'll get is a 'No' cheesy .... Yours truly hasn't learnt how to swim so i don't go near any of their pools when i lodge grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2017
slimthugchimee:
Spyder880
CJrane2
Gloryisaac

Neocourts  
Address: 3/5 Byron Onyeama Close, New Haven, Enugu, Enugu, Nigeria
Phone: +234 802 315 1207

It has a swimming pool, but I don't know if it is open to the public who are not customers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 12:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
Who has been to that massive WTC compound lately, it seems the estate revolution has hit the place, I will be back to pyle you guys with the pictures, the place really looks nice now
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
I started from the main gate, WTC has 2gates......

The first main gate near the CRC church
And the second gate near unec

Sorry the pictures were too large, had to reduce the mb

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
smiley

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
wink

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by adimsmt: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
slimthugchimee:
wink

When will our people get on with the twenty-first-century development, why can't we construct a standard drainage system why all this open drainage that the world has left behind.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
The 3rd picture,(in the distance) it would had really been nice if that building in unec was completed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kobicove(m): 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
Emene is the industrial base in enugu state. All in all enugu try sha but owerri is better, thats wehere the big boys are!

Owerri is riddled with crime
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2017
spyder880:
I am standing at the Amechi road junction of Agbani road right now, and this is just unbearable, the stench is overpowering, an epidemic can start anytime as the refuse has blocked the open drainage.

Where is Eswama? it's like this at Coal camp, Abakpa, Trans Ekulu, Obiagu, Emene and Ogui areas.
Terrible eyesore.

Is ESWAMA incapable of establishing a daily routine that works.

Must they be coerced to do their job.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:06am On Oct 03, 2017
But if they do well, we should also praise them, they started to repaint our kerbs on major roads since last week. The government of Enugu state must have awarded this contract.....

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
spyder880:
But if they do well, we should also praise them, they started to repaint our kerbs on major roads since last week. The government of Enugu state must have awarded this contract.....

It's good to Good to see Gov. Ugwuanyi has not abandoned infrastructural development and beautification of Enugu. In all, they should continue planting trees and flowers in the road median and side of all major roads in Enugu until the city regains it's position as a premier tourist garden city.

Experts have always said that Enugu needs very little to become an international city despite concerted effort from the powers in Abuja to thwart anything good from happening in the city out of unwarranted hatred for Igbo. The neglect of Akanu Ibiam International airport, removal of that airport from the list of Nigeria's international airports for concessioning, the refusal to allow more international airlines to fly into the AIIA since this regime took over are a few examples. Is it not funny that a regime that swore not to spend a penny in developing that airport will also resist concessioning it out so that interested private sector companies can take it over and run it profitably? Not to mention the condition of Federal roads in the state and removal of the Enugu railways route from the national rail modernization plan. Nonetheless, Igbo will outlive the current wicked Pharaoh and his unnecessary wickedness shall follow his name whenever it is mentioned long after he is dust.

Gov. ugwuanyi should please concentrate in opening up those new layouts he marked out such as 9th mile free trade zone, the new Emene Industrial layout and a large arterial dual carriage way into the Independence Layout Phase II. Opening up these areas will enable private people to feel encouraged to develop plots of land in the estates.

The most urgent is the dualization of Nike Lake road from the Enugu-Onitsha expyway end of it to Amangwu road up to Elim estate. This is to reduce perennial heavy traffic holdup on those section of the road. More people now live beyond trans-Ekulu to Elim estates area, so the tiny Nike Lake road and Amangwu road are their only means of coming into town. Therefore, urgent plans for dualization of that road should be made to ease the suffering of people on that road.

Finally Gov. Ugwuanyi should do something about the Enugu International Conference arena and Hotel Presidential. If there is truly no funds to develop the place into an international center (ICC). They should sell or concession them out to Protea , Golden Tulip or other hotel groups to complete and run for a very long time so that they can recoup their investment. I am sure due to the strategic locations of the place in the heart of the city and infrastructure already in the sites, any buyer is assured of being the prime leader in the hospitality and entertainment sector of the state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
Buildings already under construction and the second gate

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
The second gate

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
OreMI22:

It's good to Good to see Gov. Ugwuanyi has not abandoned infrastructural development and beautification of Enugu. In all, they should continue planting trees and flowers in the road median and side of all major roads in Enugu until the city regains it's position as a premier tourist garden city.

Experts have always said that Enugu needs very little to become an international city despite concerted effort from the powers in Abuja to thwart anything good from happening in the city out of unwarranted hatred for Igbo. The neglect of Akanu Ibiam International airport, removal of that airport from the list of Nigeria's international airports for concessioning, the refusal to allow more international airlines to fly into the AIIA since this regime took over are a few examples. Is it not funny that a regime that swore not to spend a penny in developing that airport will also resist concessioning it out so that interested private sector companies can take it over and run it profitably? Not to mention the condition of Federal roads in the state and removal of the Enugu railways route from the national rail modernization plan. Nonetheless, Igbo will outlive the current wicked Pharaoh and his unnecessary wickedness shall follow his name whenever it is mentioned long after he is dust.

Gov. ugwuanyi should please concentrate in opening up those new layouts he marked out such as 9th mile free trade zone, the new Emene Industrial layout and a large arterial dual carriage way into the Independence Layout Phase II. Opening up these areas will enable private people to feel encouraged to develop plots of land in the estates.

The most urgent is the dualization of Nike Lake road from the Enugu-Onitsha expyway end of it to Amangwu road up to Elim estate. This is to reduce perennial heavy traffic holdup on those section of the road. More people now live beyond trans-Ekulu to Elim estates area, so the tiny Nike Lake road and Amangwu road are their only means of coming into town. Therefore, urgent plans for dualization of that road should be made to ease the suffering of people on that road.

Finally Gov. Ugwuanyi should do something about the Enugu International Conference arena and Hotel Presidential. If there is truly no funds to develop the place into an international center (ICC). They should sell or concession them out to Protea , Golden Tulip or other hotel groups to complete and run for a very long time so that they can recoup their investment. I am sure due to the strategic locations of the place in the heart of the city and infrastructure already in the sites, any buyer is assured of being the prime leader in the hospitality and entertainment sector of the state.

I agree with you on this one. I have added a post some time ago about the highlighted section of your post. I don't know why the early planners didn't plan to dualise that road at the beginning. If inner city roads like Ogui and New Haven roads are dualised why not this major road leading travellers all from the northern part of the country to SS region. Dualising the road will increase the pace of development in the area...even as the federal university of ICT and many estates are coming up there...There are ELIM estate, Vyvian estate, NCC/Federal ICT university, Network estate and others...

If I was part of the state town planners...that section of the city should be called Nike Lake City or Lake City....with bars, recreational facilities, shopping malls, schools, gas stations, office facilites/business centres, Fast Food eatries, banks, even hotels, etc...Enugu central is already congested.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2017
beautiful pix so far. Enugu City just need a little pimping here and there to give it that world class look... Maybe it's time we've started the springing of highrise and skyscraper buildings.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by thirdi(m): 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hello Oga spyder good work i so much love enugu city. the post by christejames just gave me a brain weave, how possible is it to do high-rise residential builds? say 2 plots with condo like flats? i will love to know what you think of this

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2017
thirdi:
Hello Oga spyder good work i so much love enugu city. the post by christejames just gave me a brain weave, how possible is it to do high-rise residential builds? say 2 plots with condo like flats? i will love to know what you think of this
It's very possible. We only need to plan it and bring it to reality. I have a couple of very good architects who work with me to create any kind of building design we dream of. Residential lettings are the real money spinners in big cities like Enugu now.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 2:53am On Oct 06, 2017
spyder880:
Good development

They should also consider repainting the road markings
,that will really bring out the shine and beauty

These are not too expensive maintenance projects that can make a lot of difference on the outlook of the city.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 2:59am On Oct 06, 2017
slimthugchimee:
I started from the main gate, WTC has 2gates......

The first main gate near the CRC church
And the second gate near unec

Sorry the pictures were too large, had to reduce the mb
The Palm trees in the median is what I really like.

Enugu has a relatively high tree density something it should try as much as possible to maintain and improve upon.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 11:25am On Oct 07, 2017
We get street like this sef

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ttipsy(f): 11:35am On Oct 07, 2017
slimthugchimee:
where's this pls?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 11:56am On Oct 07, 2017
Ttipsy:
where's this pls?
just opposite the Nigerian railway corporation at that nnamdi azikiwe stadium road

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2017
slimthugchimee:

The road looks beautiful with the adjoining buildings like those in the middle east with their well cobbled laneway.
I think interlocked and cobbled roads will cost cheaper to construct in inner roads like this, our govt should adopt this please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (694) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.