Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1778866 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 1:33am On Jan 21, 2018
^^
The 787 only needs a 1.9km runway, which is its minimum landing distance. The landing distance is always longer than the take-off distance.
And Enugu's runway is about 3km long, so there won't be problems for that plane to operate in and out of Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 1:35am On Jan 21, 2018
Boeing 787 departing Enugu Airport on 20-01-2018.
Passenger traffic isvreally increasing.

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on7LY8H05KY [/url]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 1:43am On Jan 21, 2018
PDPGuy:
^^
The 787 only needs a 1.9km runway, which is its minimum landing distance. The landing distance is always longer than the take-off distance.
And Enugu's runway is about 3km long, so there won't be problems for that plane to operate in and out of Enugu.

On 18th of January, boeing 787-900 dreamliner landed at Enugu airport.

Which other type of aircraft cant land at enugu because of the distance of the runaway apart from A380?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 3:52am On Jan 21, 2018
ARROBA:

Which other type of aircraft cant land at enugu because of the distance of the runaway apart from A380?

The airport can take any type of large body aircraft.
It has landed a Boeing 777 300ER
a Boeing 787 900 series
a Boeing 788
An Airbus A350-900 series landed in December.

https://www.facebook.com/wilsonuche1/videos/10155929281887246/

https://www.facebook.com/wilsonuche1/videos/10155929225852246/

Our people just need to stop suffering themselves landing in very faraway places. Then sleep in a hotel or inconvenience family members by trying to save pennies avoiding to stay in Lagos hotels. Then then embark on grueling 8-9 hours road trip to the East.

The silliness of such itinerary is the equivalence of somebody who is coming to Lagos or Ibadan, but chooses to first land in Accra, Ghana and then take a 6 hours road trip to Lagos or fly a smaller unsafe plane to Lagos or Ibadan! When they could have flown directly into Lagos intl. from their origin in Europe or America instead of first going to Accra.

Many Igbo folks abroad are so out of date that they don't even know that there is a new Intl. airport in Enugu! I say this because i know many that laugh when i tell them and think it's untrue. You know our people are very stubborn set of human beings to convince once they knew something a certain way in the past. So many of them that left Nigeria 20 years ago through Lagos airport still think only Lagos is the international airport in Nigeria till date. Folks need to fly directly to Enugu and stop complicating their trips and unnecessarily risking their lives in unnecessary road trips and local flights.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 4:16am On Jan 21, 2018
ARROBA:

Maybe Boeing's Dreamlifter, which transports parts for its passenger planes.

Interestingly, a B747-8i, weighing 98% of its maximum landing weight needs 2000m or 2km of runway as its minimum landing distance. So, a 747-8 carrying about 350-400 passengers can safely land in Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by whirlwind7(m): 6:47am On Jan 21, 2018
OreMI22:

a Boeing 787 900 series
a Boeing 788

Our people just need to stop suffering themselves landing in very faraway places. Then sleep in a hotel or inconvenience family members by trying to save pennies avoiding to stay in Lagos hotels. Then then embark on grueling 8-9 hours road trip to the East.

The silliness of such itinerary is the equivalence of somebody who is coming to Lagos or Ibadan, but chooses to first land in Accra, Ghana and then take a 6 hours road trip to Lagos or fly a smaller unsafe plane to Lagos or Ibadan! When they could have flown directly into Lagos intl. from their origin in Europe or America instead of first going to Accra.

Many Igbo folks abroad are so out of date that they don't even know that there is a new Intl. airport in Enugu! I say this because i know many that laugh when i tell them and think it's untrue. You know our people are very stubborn set of human beings to convince once they knew something a certain way in the past. So many of them that left Nigeria 20 years ago through Lagos airport still think only Lagos is the international airport in Nigeria till date. Folks need to fly directly to Enugu and stop complicating their trips and unnecessarily risking their lives in unnecessary road trips and local flights.

Let's keep the message alive. Gradually, with one convert at a time, people will become aware of this. Many of our people who live overseas visit this site to keep acquainted with what goes on in the country.

All they need is the awareness. No sane human living oversea who wishes to visit SE will want to first land in Lagos or Abuja first, unless they need to take care of important matters in those places.
Quite sure if you were to compare the figures of passengers the airport handled in 2016 and 2017, there should be a certain amount of increase. It's a gradual process. One that is bound to grow in leaps and bounds in a few short years.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 11:01am On Jan 21, 2018
Jubilation as Latest Ethiopian Airplane, Boeing 787 Lands in Enugu:

Christopher Isiguzo in Enugu

Business activities were temporarily halted at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu on Saturday as the latest passenger plane Boeing 787, 900 series belonging to Ethiopian Airlines landed at the airport.

Travellers at the airport had expressed delight at the berthing of the aircraft, said to be less than two months old.

The 350-passenger capacity aircraft flown by Captain Mulatu Abebe from Addis Ababa landed at the Enugu airport at about 11.30 am amid cheers from residents who gathered to welcome the flight. It is the first time the two months old plane was landing on Nigerian soil.

Enugu State governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, who was full of smiles while receiving crew members and passengers that boarded the aircraft, said his administration would continue to partner the airline to make their stay conducive in the state.

He stated that the target of the government was to ensure that more international flights come into the state, stressing that since the start of the operation of the airline in Enugu, more passengers are trooping to travel through the state.

“I want to place it on record that we are not resting to ensure that bigger aircrafts operate the international route of this airport. It will increase the flow of passengers because Enugu is safe and secured. Today is a wonderful day, the first time such a plane is landing in Enugu state and capital of the south-east. Enugu state government is happy that in this administration such a thing is happening.

“This is not the target, this is a small plane compared to what we are expecting to be landing in this airport. We expect bigger plans and more aircrafts to be landing. I know Ethiopian will say it is a competition, but no matter the number of plane landing here, we still have enough passengers because a lot of people want to travel from Enugu. It is more convenience for us instead of going through Abuja or Lagos”, Ugwuanyi, who was represented at the occasion by his Special Adviser, Special Duties, Uwakwe Azikwe said.

On his own, Anglican Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Rev Emmanuel Chukwuma, said the inaugural flight was a welcome development, stressing that the airline has reduced the sufferings of southeast travelers since their operation in the state.

He however appealed to the federal government to speed up action for the completion of the international wing of the airport as well as rehabilitation of the local wing.

Chukwuma also urged southeast and south-south businessmen to use the opportunity provided by the latest aircraft to boost their businesses and warned against acts that could compromise security and integrity of the airport.

He prayed God to continue to grant safe trip on travelers of Enugu route. Ethiopian Airline’s Traffic and Sales Manager, Ato Biniam Addisu said the airline operates in more than 100 destinations all over the world, adding that it presently has several aircrafts and considers Nigeria as its second largest market.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/01/21/jubilation-as-latest-ethiopian-airplane-boeing-787-lands-in-enugu/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by pazienza(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
Daewang:

The creation of Israel was not solely a UN affair. Jews especially the ones in Europe and America fought and agitated aggressively for the creation of a purely Jewish state you can look up the Balfour Declaration when you have time. Also Zionism is not racism, it is simply a belief in the exceptional destiny of the Jewish race. The UN has always been pro arab and anti Israel. They keep passing several resolutions condemning Israel and not one against the Palestinians and now they want to divide Jerusalem the eternal Jewish capital. Those groups you call Jewish terrorist organizations are in actuality freedom fighting organizations for the protection of the Jewish people if not for them Hezbollah and Hamas would have done so much damage. These groups are just like Gideon and the Maccabbees brothers of the Bible(they would be considered terrorists in this modern times).
Zionist ideology is exactly what Igbos need to move our land forward at least it will make people to think twice before attacking innocent and defenceless Igbos.

This is gold. The last part of it, is Diamond.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
Purehuman:

Monies generated through taxation will be geared into providing employment through building facilities and partnering organization for expansion to provide employment. People living outside the region will come back home to be employed in different sectors that will be invest on.

If you cannot give out 100dollars, you can give 50dollars and it will still go a long way to help southeast grow.

We are going to develop a plan to. Export some skilled labor to skilled-deficient American and European countries like Norway, Luxembourg, Canada and Australia. It will take time but the development of the east is in our heads.
I think you are talking about fund raising. Diasporans are already paying tax in the respective countries of residence na
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 2:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
Purehuman:

Sorry for my grammatical errors, I was typing fast and I was walking.

The senators are fighting for SEDC. If we get that commission we can do whatever those three will do. We only need the right people that will man it.

I am seriously in support of the commission because from the manifesto it structure the exact needs of ndigbo.
That commission my friend. . . has already been rejected! let's look at the alternative, regional government - this one too has also been rejected. What other alternative do we have? Biafra? They killed thousands of bright minds last year alone to reject it. This guys who own Nigeria don't want our progress.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Daewang: 3:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
pazienza:

This is gold. The last part of it, is Diamond.

Nwannem daalu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
How do you feel about your neighborhood, whats life like in your area?
For people who wish to settle or relocate to the coal city, below is what life is like in Enugu, Precisely GRA Enugu.
what life is like here in GRA Enugu.

http://outravelandtour.com/living-gra-enugu/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
OyiboUgbo04:
How do you feel about your neighborhood, whats life like in your area?
For people who wish to settle or relocate to the coal city, below is what life is like in Enugu, Precisely GRA Enugu.
what life is like here in GRA Enugu.

http://outravelandtour.com/living-gra-enugu/

Bro, you did an awesome work on the city...

Your blog is going places already cause I can so many of your readers are foreigners with majority of them awestruck about the beauty of Enugu and Africa even though they've never been here before.
Keep it up and in no distant time your blog will be the window of Africa to the world.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 5:55am On Jan 23, 2018
FAAN completes repairs of Enugu Airport runway

The repair of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, runway has been completed, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) said in Lagos on Monday.
Mrs Herrienta Yakubu, the General Manager, Corporate Affairs, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the runway is now open for full operations following its completion.

She said FAAN’s team of engineers led by the Managing Director, Mr Saleh Dunoma, inspected the project and certified it as meeting the required standards.

Yakubu apologised to travellers and other stakeholders for the inconveniences caused by the partial closure of the runway to pave way for its rehabilitation.

NAN reports that the first phase of the repairs was executed from Dec. 14 to Dec. 21, 2017 while the second phase started from Dec. 27, 2017 to Jan. 4.

During the period, the airport was open for operation only between 7.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. to enable the contractor to use the working hours to do the job to ensure a “stable and even surface” of the runway.

The project was, however, delayed for a few days before the runway was finally opened for full flight operations.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/aviation-business/faan-completes-repairs-of-enugu-airport-runway/

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 10:10pm On Jan 25, 2018
christejames:

Bro, you did an awesome work on the city...

Your blog is going places already cause I can so many of your readers are foreigners with majority of them awestruck about the beauty of Enugu and Africa even though they've never been here before.
Keep it up and in no distant time your blog will be the window of Africa to the world.

Thanks brother,.. The idea is to be among the top travel blog in Nigeria and Africa, We are currently working on our travel schedule and by the grace of God we will kick off in full force when we are done putting things together..

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 4:52am On Jan 26, 2018
Serious questions for us:

When the Anambra airport (or airport city) is completed by 2020, and begins operations, do you think it would be economically viable for the South-east to have two international airports?

Secondly, with the proposed design and facilities for the Anambra airport, would it be wise to move international flight operations from Enugu to Anambra?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
PDPGuy:
Serious questions for us:

When the Anambra airport (or airport city) is completed by 2020, and begins operations, do you think it would be economically viable for the South-east to have two international airports?

Secondly, with the proposed design and facilities for the Anambra airport, would it be wise to move international flight operations from Enugu to Anambra?
Serious questions for You:

Has Asaba airport knocked out Luxurious bus drivers on the Lagos Onitsha route?
Has Enugu intl. airport caused the closure of Lagos International airport?

This is the type of mindset our Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani compatriots have that if Igboland has any infrastructure, their area will collapse. One of the things that i hate about Nigerians is absolutism in all their reasoning. Everything is either extremely black or extremely white and there is no middle ground for anything else. The morbid fear that if another airport develops, Enugu airport will mysteriously die is part of the extreme mindset of reasoning common among Nigerians. This is why in some villages never develop,because those who built a fine house in the 1960s kill off the younger men trying to build houses because they believe nobody else should have a decent house except themselves..

What will happen is that some airlines may prefer to fly to Anambra and some others like Ethiopian will maintain their Enugu dominance. People used to flying Turkish airline for example may like to use Anambra airport, while those used to the Addis Ababa route may choose Ethiopian.

In many Cities of the world (Note that i said cities and not even states, there are two viable airports. Delta state with a population less than the entire southeast has two viable airports.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Who can describe how to get to the Godfrey Okoye Univerisity in Enugu?

The governor recently commissioned the construction of the road in the area.

I can see a beautiful environment behind the governor as in the pic below. The river could be an asset for developing an estate.

I will appreciate it if anyone can help.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 3:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
Cooly100:

I can see a beautiful environment behind the governor as in the pic below. The river could be an asset for developing an estate.

Thanks

That should be the permanent site of the school. I read online that it has a water body probably a lake in the campus...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 4:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
christejames:

That should be the permanent site of the school. I read online that it has a water body probably a lake in the campus...

Although that lake gives good ambiance to the school, They should throw a few catfish into that lake and in a few months they will be harvesting tons of fish with little or no labor. This is how to utilize your endowments very well.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:24am On Jan 30, 2018
I was in Ugwuomu yesterday to see the level of works on the new road approved for this town but some people has diverted the route to pass in front of the two universities in the town instead of passing directly from my estate entrance point. Caritas and Godfrey Okoye universities has done their magic on the governor. The good news is that the road is near to another entrance point to my estate, and I bought lands leading to that side of the estate. Work has started on the roads as many equipment are on ground already. Properties in Ugwuomu is appreciating so much because of this road and investors are looking for lands everywhere.

More pictures later.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2018
Cooly100:

Thanks

Pick a bus from Old park to Emene old road, stop at Orie Emene market junction and find a bike or Keke to take you to Godfrey Okoye university at Ugwuomu. I own an estate of about 80 plots of land in that town. https://www.nairaland.com/2203264/buy-lands-planned-estate-royal/41

NB. Godfrey Okoye universities has a temporary site at Thinkers corner in Enugu town.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 8:45am On Jan 30, 2018
Less talk and more pictures, biko nu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SalC: 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
OreMI22:

Although that lake gives good ambiance to the school, They should throw a few catfish into that lake and in a few months they will be harvesting tons of fish with little or no labor. This is how to utilize your endowments very well.

Brilliant idea

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SalC: 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2018
spyder880:

Pick a bus from Old park to Emene old road, stop at Orie Emene market junction and find a bike or Keke to take you to Godfrey Okoye university at Ugwuomu. I own an estate of about 80 plots of land in that town. https://www.nairaland.com/2203264/buy-lands-planned-estate-royal/41

NB. Godfrey Okoye universities has a temporary site at Thinkers corner in Enugu town.

You are really doing a great job here. Weldone

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
spyder880:

Thanks, Spyder880..

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ActNowGov: 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
ActNowGov:
This is sadly Emene the industrial layout of Enugu state

A few months ago, I brought this eye sore in the industrial hub of Enugu to Our notice and appealed to the good authority of his Excellency Gburu Gburu to do something this harmathan season.

Please can anyone confirm if anything has been done because I traveled back to the states shortly after my trip to the school on that road.
Dalu nu!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AnambraDota: 1:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
OreMI22:

Serious questions for You:

Has Asaba airport knocked out Luxurious bus drivers on the Lagos Onitsha route?
Has Enugu intl. airport caused the closure of Lagos International airport?

This is the type of mindset our Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani compatriots have that if Igboland has any infrastructure, their area will collapse. One of the things that i hate about Nigerians is absolutism in all their reasoning. Everything is either extremely black or extremely white and there is no middle ground for anything else. The morbid fear that if another airport develops, Enugu airport will mysteriously die is part of the extreme mindset of reasoning common among Nigerians. This is why in some villages never develop,because those who built a fine house in the 1960s kill off the younger men trying to build houses because they believe nobody else should have a decent house except themselves..

What will happen is that some airlines may prefer to fly to Anambra and some others like Ethiopian will maintain their Enugu dominance. People used to flying Turkish airline for example may like to use Anambra airport, while those used to the Addis Ababa route may choose Ethiopian.

In many Cities of the world (Note that i said cities and not even states, there are two viable airports. Delta state with a population less than the entire southeast has two viable airports.

Guy wake up there is no airport project going on in Anambra state, Obiano didn't deceive anybody because most people know it's a scam.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 04, 2018
OreMI22:

a Boeing 787 900 series
a Boeing 788

This is so out-of-date undecided, do people still do this

Well, that's by the way. The main issue i want to bring up is the route Ethiopian airlines take when traveling to U.S (N.J or J.F.K airports), i made enquiry and found out that they have to first get to Addis Ababa, then Lome before embarking on the long journey to U.S undecided, this would most likely take 2 days. Whereas taking a local flight to Lagos, then same Ethiopian airlines moves from there directly to Lome, then to U.S. I don't understand why this is so undecided, because it forces people abroad to take the Lagos route, thereby bypassing Addis Ababa. I really hope they can start moving from Enugu directly to Lome, then to U.S or better from Enugu directly to U.S.

I have little knowledge of their European route though, only U.S for now. Either way, their customer service is top notch and it's a generally awesome Airline. smiley

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
Stingman:
Jubilation as Latest Ethiopian Airplane, Boeing 787 Lands in Enugu:

Christopher Isiguzo in Enugu

Business activities were temporarily halted at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu on Saturday as the latest passenger plane Boeing 787, 900 series belonging to Ethiopian Airlines landed at the airport.

Travellers at the airport had expressed delight at the berthing of the aircraft, said to be less than two months old.

The 350-passenger capacity aircraft flown by Captain Mulatu Abebe from Addis Ababa landed at the Enugu airport at about 11.30 am amid cheers from residents who gathered to welcome the flight. It is the first time the two months old plane was landing on Nigerian soil.

Enugu State governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, who was full of smiles while receiving crew members and passengers that boarded the aircraft, said his administration would continue to partner the airline to make their stay conducive in the state.

He stated that the target of the government was to ensure that more international flights come into the state, stressing that since the start of the operation of the airline in Enugu, more passengers are trooping to travel through the state.

“I want to place it on record that we are not resting to ensure that bigger aircrafts operate the international route of this airport. It will increase the flow of passengers because Enugu is safe and secured. Today is a wonderful day, the first time such a plane is landing in Enugu state and capital of the south-east. Enugu state government is happy that in this administration such a thing is happening.

“This is not the target, this is a small plane compared to what we are expecting to be landing in this airport. We expect bigger plans and more aircrafts to be landing. I know Ethiopian will say it is a competition, but no matter the number of plane landing here, we still have enough passengers because a lot of people want to travel from Enugu. It is more convenience for us instead of going through Abuja or Lagos”, Ugwuanyi, who was represented at the occasion by his Special Adviser, Special Duties, Uwakwe Azikwe said.

On his own, Anglican Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Rev Emmanuel Chukwuma, said the inaugural flight was a welcome development, stressing that the airline has reduced the sufferings of southeast travelers since their operation in the state.

He however appealed to the federal government to speed up action for the completion of the international wing of the airport as well as rehabilitation of the local wing.

Chukwuma also urged southeast and south-south businessmen to use the opportunity provided by the latest aircraft to boost their businesses and warned against acts that could compromise security and integrity of the airport.

He prayed God to continue to grant safe trip on travelers of Enugu route. Ethiopian Airline’s Traffic and Sales Manager, Ato Biniam Addisu said the airline operates in more than 100 destinations all over the world, adding that it presently has several aircrafts and considers Nigeria as its second largest market.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/01/21/jubilation-as-latest-ethiopian-airplane-boeing-787-lands-in-enugu/

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2018
GloryIsaac:

This is so out-of-date undecided, do people still do this

Well, that's by the way. The main issue i want to bring up is the route Ethiopian airlines take when traveling to U.S (N.J or J.F.K airports), i made enquiry and found out that they have to first get to Addis Ababa, then Lome before embarking on the long journey to U.S undecided, this would most likely take 2 days. Whereas taking a local flight to Lagos, then same Ethiopian airlines moves from there directly to Lome, then to U.S. I don't understand why this is so undecided, because it forces people abroad to take the Lagos route, thereby bypassing Addis Ababa. I really hope they can start moving from Enugu directly to Lome, then to U.S or better from Enugu directly to U.S.

I have little knowledge of their European route though, only U.S for now. Either way, their customer service is top notch and it's a generally awesome Airline. smiley

You misunderstood the route.
If you are travelling to USA or UK from Enugu, you fly from Enugu - Addis Ababa and then from there you are flown to Washington Dulles airport. In Washington, you board a plane by United Airlines to your final city in Texas, Georgia, Chicago, New York or any city in America.

If you are travelling to America from Mali, Gambia, Togo or Burkina faso etc, ASKY partner airlines will fly you to Lome Togo. From Lome, you will fly Ethiopian airline to Newark international airport, New Jersey. From New Jersey, you enter Ethiopian american partners (United airlines) for flight to your final destination city from Newark intl.

So it is not the same plane flying to Washigton Dulles that is flying to Newark intl. The way to understand it is that there is Ethiopian airline flying to Kano airport, Kaduna airport, Abuja airport. These are separate planes on these routes. It is not one plane that lands in Enugu and then goes to Lagos, then to Abuja and then to Kano and then to Kaduna before leaving Nigeria.

The Lome - Newark route is served by a separate plane while the Enugu-Addis Ababa - Washington DC is served by another separate plane.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
AnambraDota:

Guy wake up there is no airport project going on in Anambra state, Obiano didn't deceive anybody because most people know it's a scam.

Time shall tell if you are wrong or right

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.