Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1778526 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 11:39am On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
call it whatever you want.bubu will never hand over to igboman in 2023.ohanze ndiigbo,south east govs and 60% of igbos are useless.i thank God that our leaders in 1960 to 1969 are not useless like what we have now.Nigeria govt and nigerians dont take igbos and our useless ohaneze serious again,and that remind me please what is the outcome of the useless summit they did in awka?has nigerian govt done anything about it since then?you people are here dreaming how you want south east be like dubia,us and china or even other small african countries forgetting that this countries are not countries in country.nigeria govt is using every possible means to stop igbos growth and here we are crying like a baby.nigeria govt and nigerians we never treat igbos right,see how yroubas were happy that bubu remembred Abiola june 12 who is just one person but they were all over internets asking igbos not to remembre our people that died during the war,to them abiola who is just a person is better than those one million people that died to protect us.any country that is made of hate and envy we never progress even in the next 200yrs.ohaneze is shouting 2023 up and down but the truth is that bubu we never hand over to igboman.what have we gain from being nigeria?road we no get,railways we no get,river port we no get,power plants we get no get and they will soon close our airport.we can't use because of what we have outside igboland and die in nigeria and forgeting what we will gain after we leave.if we want to free ourself from nigeria,now is the best chance because time we come when 8 out of 10 every scurities agents you see we be hausaman.

Brutal! shocked
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 11:52am On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
call it whatever you want.bubu will never hand over to igboman in 2023.ohanze ndiigbo,south east govs and 60% of igbos are useless.i thank God that our leaders in 1960 to 1969 are not useless like what we have now.Nigeria govt and nigerians dont take igbos and our useless ohaneze serious again,and that remind me please what is the outcome of the useless summit they did in awka?has nigerian govt done anything about it since then?you people are here dreaming how you want south east be like dubia,us and china or even other small african countries forgetting that this countries are not countries in country.nigeria govt is using every possible means to stop igbos growth and here we are crying like a baby.nigeria govt and nigerians we never treat igbos right,see how yroubas were happy that bubu remembred Abiola june 12 who is just one person but they were all over internets asking igbos not to remembre our people that died during the war,to them abiola who is just a person is better than those one million people that died to protect us.any country that is made of hate and envy we never progress even in the next 200yrs.ohaneze is shouting 2023 up and down but the truth is that bubu we never hand over to igboman.what have we gain from being nigeria?road we no get,railways we no get,river port we no get,power plants we get no get and they will soon close our airport.we can't use because of what we have outside igboland and die in nigeria and forgeting what we will gain after we leave.if we want to free ourself from nigeria,now is the best chance because time we come when 8 out of 10 every scurities agents you see we be hausaman.

haha i said funny because what you wrote then was both harshly true and below the belt..however the difference btw the igbo leaders of 1960 to 1969 and the so called ones we have now is that those of the former where the most enlighthend igbo men as at then unlike now where chalartans took over..

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
asha80:

haha i said funny because what you wrote then was both harshly true and below the belt..however the difference btw the igbo leaders of 1960 to 1969 and the so called ones we have now is that those of the former where the most enlighthend igbo men as at then unlike now where chalartans took over..

The crop of politicians and leaders we had pre-war were the best we've ever had! They were pan-Igbo in outlook and visionary! What also helped then was regional/fiscal-federal structure we operated as a country in which each region managed its own resources and remitted 50% to the centre. I'm made to understand they had their own constitutions as well.

The one person i'd say let us down was Zik! He was too much of a 'one Nigerian' and this worked in the favour of his contemporaries who were more realistic about the long-term prospects of Nigeria as a nation!

Fast forward to today, and Ndigbo have never had it so bad! What we have today masquerading as political elite are greedy, self-serving, unrefined, ill-educated charlatans, who are in some cases propped up by equally compromised god fathers!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
Xander85:

The crop of politicians and leaders we had pre-war were the best we've ever had! They were pan-Igbo in outlook and visionary! What also helped then was regional/fiscal-federal structure we operated as a country in which each region managed its own resources and remitted 50% to the centre. I'm made to understand they had their own constitutions as well.

The one person i'd say let us down was Zik! He was too much of a 'one Nigerian' and this worked in the favour of his contemporaries who were more realistic about the long-term prospects of Nigeria as a nation!

Fast dowse to today, and Ndigbo have never had it so bad! What we have today masquerading as political elite are greedy, self-serving, unrefined, ill-educated charlatans, who are in some cases propped up by equally compromised god fathers!
your first paragraph is essentially the truth

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2018
asha80:

oga we are our own problem,last year ipbo was everywhere shaking nigeria,northern govs were coming to east for peace talks and way forward but since ipbo die down where are those northern govs?even one of the useless gov from north open his mouth infront of abia state gov seeing that ipbo is more threat than boko haram that has killed thousands of people,you and some other igbos here were saying that ipbo method were bad since ipbo has die down i am still waiting for a group of igbos that we come up with right method since ipbo method is bad.mark today igbos we see the full buhair from middle of 2019.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
oga we are our own problem,last year ipbo was everywhere shaking nigeria,northern govs were coming to east for peace talks and way forward but since ipbo die down where are those northern govs?even one of the useless gov from north open his mouth infront of abia state gov seeing that ipbo is more threat than boko haram that has killed thousands of people,you and some other igbos here were saying that ipbo method were bad since ipbo has die down i am still waiting for a group of igbos that we come up with right method since ipbo method is bad.mark today igbos we see the full buhair from middle of 2019.

IPOB was led by a charismatic man, but a very very very poor strategist.

How didn't Nnamdi Kanu know that if he puts the entire decision making and command and control of IPOB on himself, that the target of his enemies will be to eliminate him in order to decapitate IPOB? I mentioned this then that it was dangerous that only NK was speaking and facilitating IPOB marches. If NK should be a supreme leader without any army, he MUST leave Nigeria else his days are numbered.

Anyhow, IPOB is not dead. What is happening is that re-organization of the command and control is taking place without NK. If he had been there, it would have been less chaotic. Unless Nigeria is at the minimum restructured, Nigeria is living on borrowed time and will inevitably break up violently if they imagine they will perpetually subject Igbos to discrimination and the country will just continue indefinitely.

Again, it is up to people ruling Nigeria to decide to make the country accommodating to all or to continue grand standing that nothing will happen. Once it starts this time, it cannot be stopped by the last tactics of doing Python dance and killing unarmed people.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
Xander85:

Fast forward to today, and Ndigbo have never had it so bad! What we have today masquerading as political elite are greedy, self-serving, unrefined, ill-educated charlatans, who are in some cases propped up by equally compromised god fathers!
While the crop of politicians we had in pre civil war were charismatic and the best we've had is because they had leverage. If they were around in this present dispensation, they would have been just as bad as the present crop. Our problem started from the civil war, after which there was a conscious effort to make sure we do not rise politically or economically and in order to do so, they needed to select politicians from our areas who will not ask too much question. They choose people who were more after filling their own pockets than the betterment of Igboland. That's the present crop of politicians you would see defending the present government against the atrocities of Igbo people. A case in point is Rochas, Orji Uzor Kalu, Ken Nnamani and eve the ones in the opposition. They can't risk being seen as adversaries to the Hausa-Fulani hegemony.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
Afam4eva:

While the crop of politicians we had in pre civil war were charistmatic and the best we've had is because they had leverage. If they were around in this present dispensation, they would have been just as bad as the present crop. Our problem started from the civil war, after which there was a conscious effort to make sure we do not rise politically or economically and in order to do so, they needed to select politicians from our areas who will not ask too much question. They choose people who were more after filling their own pockets than the betterment of Igboland. That's the present crop of politicians you would see defending the present government against tghe atrocities of Igbo people. A case in point is Rochas, Orji Uzor Kalu, Ken Nnamani and eve the ones in the opposition. They can risk being seen as adversaries of the Hausa-Fulani hegemony.

Spot on!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
Afam4eva:

While the crop of politicians we had in pre civil war were charistmatic and the best we've had is because they had leverage. If they were around in this present dispensation, they would have been just as bad as the present crop. Our problem started from the civil war, after which there was a conscious effort to make sure we do not rise politically or economically and in order to do so, they needed to select politicians from our areas who will not ask too much question. They choose people who were more after filling their own pockets than the betterment of Igboland. That's the present crop of politicians you would see defending the present government against tghe atrocities of Igbo people. A case in point is Rochas, Orji Uzor Kalu, Ken Nnamani and eve the ones in the opposition. They can risk being seen as adversaries of the Hausa-Fulani hegemony.
oga your type is one of the reason igbos will never move forward.why did you list only apc members?is umahi and obiano better than those you listed here?oga if you want to say the truth and stop saying half truth.igbos were in pdp for 16yrs what did they do for igbos?oga all our leaders is useless including ohaneze and 60% of igbos so stop been seletive and say the truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2018
My remaining hope for ndigbo is this current young and youthful generation. The older generation have failed us in so many ways.

There are less pro Nigerians in my generation than my parents.

I hope we all teach our children to be pro IGBO first.

I felt like I was brainwashed into loving Nigeria. A country, whose sole mission is to destroy me and my people.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
oga your type is one of the reason igbos will never move forward.why did you list only apc members?is umahi and obiano better than those you listed here?oga if you want to say the truth and stop saying half truth.igbos were in pdp for 16yrs what did they do for igbos?oga all our leaders is useless including ohaneze and 60% of igbos so stop been seletive and say the truth.
Maybe you missed where i also mentioned thos ein the opposition. I must not mention them insidivudally because they're not the most vocal anti-Igbo politicians. The Igbo politiicians in the APC who are have taken it as a right and job to lick Buhari's scrotum even it means insulting the generality of Igbos.

It's exactly the same thing the Igbos in PDP did when PDP was in power. It's funny how peope make it seem like PDP was very god to the Igbos. They were just fair us to us but very far from good because it was even in PDP that we started clamoring for Igbo presidency and they did not even concede the vide presidency to us despite our input into the party.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2018
cjrane:

IPOB was led by a charismatic man, but a very very very poor strategist.

How didn't Nnamdi Kanu know that if he puts the entire decision making and command and control of IPOB on himself, that the target of his enemies will be to eliminate him in order to decapitate IPOB? I mentioned this then that it was dangerous that only NK was speaking and facilitating IPOB marches. If NK should be a supreme leader without any army, he MUST leave Nigeria else his days are numbered.

Anyhow, IPOB is not dead. What is happening is that re-organization of the command and control is taking place without NK. If he had been there, it would have been less chaotic. Unless Nigeria is at the minimum restructured, Nigeria is living on borrowed time and will inevitably break up violently if they imagine they will perpetually subject Igbos to discrimination and the country will just continue indefinitely.

Again, it is up to people ruling Nigeria to decide to make the country accommodating to all or to continue grand standing that nothing will happen. Once it starts this time, it cannot be stopped by the last tactics of doing Python dance and killing unarmed people.
oga if ipbo strategist were poor please can you come up with good one.NK and ipbo was the best thing that happen to igbos after war.oga i can still remember that you were agaisnt their method please oga can you come up with the right method and right group?you and some igbos here are not different from useless south east govs and ohaneze.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DrGoodman: 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
Afam4eva:

Maybe you missed where i also mentioned thos ein the opposition. I must not mention them insidivudally because they're not the most vocal anti-Igbo politicians. The Igbo politiicians in the APC who are have taken it as a right and job to lick Buhari's scrotum even it means insulting the generality of Igbos.

It's exactly the same thing the Igbos in PDP did when PDP was in power. It's funny how peope make it seem like PDP was very god to the Igbos. They were just fair us to us but very far from good because it was even in PDP that we started clamoring for Igbo presidency and they did not even concede the vide presidency to us despite our input into the party.

stop wasting your time with those afonja pests.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
Afam4eva:

oga here you come again,please what do you mean by most anti igbo politicand and licking of buhair's ass?if what you meant id the same as mine they obiano and umahi must be mention like you mention those in Apc.rochas has never ask ipbo to stop protesting or thearten to sack any igbos who sit at home or did he?but obiano and umahi did but you did not mention their names but you rush and memtion rochas,oga stop being seletive.pdp were never fair to igbo if they are please mention 3roads they completed in south east in their 16yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
DrGoodman:

stop wasting your time with those afonja pests.
truth is always bitter,you can call me afonja i dont care.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LBanks(m): 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
truth is always bitter,you can call me afonja i dont care.

Truth is always bitter bro

At the moment the only Igbo political leader I know who is into active politics is Sen. Enyinnaya Abaribe followed by Ike Ekweremadu

The others are ass lickers

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
LBanks:

At the moment the only Igbo political leader I know who is into active politics is Sen. Enyinnaya Abaribe followed by Ike Ekweremadu

mr get about ekweremadu dont allow him fool you as for Abaribe i give it to him.ekweremadu is just a pretender.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kettykings: 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
oga here you come again,please what do you mean by most anti igbo politicand and licking of buhair's ass?if what you meant id the same as mine they obiano and umahi must be mention like you mention those in Apc.rochas has never ask ipbo to stop protesting or thearten to sack any igbos who sit at home or did he?but obiano and umahi did but you did not mention their names but you rush and memtion rochas,oga stop being seletive.pdp were never fair to igbo if they are please mention 3roads they completed in south east in their 16yrs.

ipob miscalculation seems to be the mobilsation to boycott of Anambra election, this to me was one of the biggest miscaluclation Nk made , moreover i think Biafra will not be gotten from the streets but from the laboratories. But God be blessed operation python dance a clearly misplace d and dumb military operation did not lead the east to another senseless blood letting and orgy .
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
mr get about ekweremadu dont allow him fool you as for Abaribe i give it to him.ekweremadu is just a pretender.

The way i see Senator Abaribe, the man has genuine intentions and shows practical commitment to the Igbo cause!

He's also not afraid to say it as it is on the floor of the senate, and has been known to occasionally ruffle the 'establishments' feathers and tell them a few bitter home truths that's seen them howling in protest! grin

I love the man for standing by Mazi Kanu!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2018
kettykings:

ipob miscalculation seems to be the mobilsation to boycott of Anambra election, this to me was one of the biggest miscaluclation Nk made , moreover i think Biafra will not be gotten from the streets but from the laboratories. But God be blessed operation python dance a clearly misplace d and dumb military operation did not lead the east to another senseless blood letting and orgy .

For the first time i'm struggling to try and understand the point you're putting across!

I'd be the last person to sit in the comfort of my home and find fault with Mazi Kanus' modus operandi! If anyone feels they can do a better job then they should take up the gauntlet and show IPOB and Mazi Kanu how it's supposed to be done!

Ohaneze that criticised him and IPOB, how far with their own 'alternative plans'? I bet said plans have got the oligarchs up north quaking in their boots! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
oga if ipbo strategist were poor please can you come up with good one.NK and ipbo was the best thing that happen to igbos after war.oga i can still remember that you were agaisnt their method please oga can you come up with the right method and right group?you and some igbos here are not different from useless south east govs and ohaneze.

Stop lying!
I was always in support of a peaceful street march well video taped by many people with cell phones etc so that the excesses of the security forces can be captured on tape for future trials and justice. The videos should be immediately posted on social media and deleted from your phone, so that even if the army gets you, they cannot see the video from your phone.

I also supported speaking with international press and emphasizing that IPOB was not calling for war but for Referendum.

My ONLY disagreement with NK was that we should boycott Anambra elections which i thought was counter productive and would not change anything. Instead of boycotting gubernatorial election, IPOB must work with OPC and Afenifere, Benue Peoples Movement and of course Niger Delta partners such as Avengers and other freedom fighters to ask the respective southern and middle belt states to boycott 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

NK, must decentralize IPOB to make sure he does not make ALL the decisions. Else if he was eliminated, IPOB would be dead. Well, the problem with IPOB is that nobody knows anything except them. So they centered everything around Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. Experience they say is the best teacher. In the future we will learn to stop having only one leader that makes all the decisions. Little operational decisions can be made by others and only the big decisions or major change in tactics can be made by the leader. Nelson Mandela was put in jail, but ANC did not die because he was not the one making all the operational decisions.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
cjrane:

Stop lying!
I was always in support of a peaceful street march well video taped by many people with cell phones etc so that the excesses of the security forces can be captured on tape for future trials and justice. The videos should be immediately posted on social media and deleted from your phone, so that even if the army gets you, they cannot see the video from your phone.

I also supported speaking with international press and emphasizing that IPOB was not calling for war but for Referendum.

My ONLY disagreement with NK was that we should boycott Anambra elections which i thought was counter productive and would not change anything. Instead of boycotting gubernatorial election, IPOB must work with OPC and Afenifere, Benue Peoples Movement and of course Niger Delta partners such as Avengers and other freedom fighters to ask the respective southern and middle belt states to boycott 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

NK, must decentralize IPOB to make sure he does not make ALL the decisions. Else if he was eliminated, IPOB would be dead. Well, the problem with IPOB is that nobody knows anything except them. So they centered everything around Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. Experience they say is the best teacher. In the future we will learn to stop having only one leader that makes all the decisions. Little operational decisions can be made by others and only the big decisions or major change in tactics can be made by the leader. Nelson Mandela was put in jail, but ANC did not die because he was not the one making all the operational decisions.
NK was never the only one making decisions for ipbo,mind you the leadership of ipbo is not base in nigeria incase you dont know.when NK had meeting with south east govs and ohaneze,after the meeting he told them that he will meet with the leadership of ipob before any decisions can be reach and when he went down to ipob leaders,them turn down the damand of south east leaders.yes ipbo was build around NK because people knows that he will never betray them.opc you talked about please who is the leader of opc?opc before is no more the opc you know before.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2018
Well Abaribe has done his own,let me not go deep.
Xander85:

The way i see Senator Abaribe, the man has genuine intentions and shows practical commitment to the Igbo cause!

He's also not afraid to say it as it is on the floor of the senate, and has been known to occasionally ruffle the 'establishments' feathers and tell them a few bitter home truths that's seen them howling in protest! grin

I love the man for standing by Mazi Kanu!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ok we accept that ipob miscalculated things like zoo made you people to belive,please since ipob went underground which other group has calculated well since then?please answer this question.
kettykings:

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 7:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
Afam4eva:

While the crop of politicians we had in pre civil war were charismatic and the best we've had is because they had leverage. If they were around in this present dispensation, they would have been just as bad as the present crop. Our problem started from the civil war, after which there was a conscious effort to make sure we do not rise politically or economically and in order to do so, they needed to select politicians from our areas who will not ask too much question. They choose people who were more after filling their own pockets than the betterment of Igboland. That's the present crop of politicians you would see defending the present government against the atrocities of Igbo people. A case in point is Rochas, Orji Uzor Kalu, Ken Nnamani and eve the ones in the opposition. They can't risk being seen as adversaries to the Hausa-Fulani hegemony.

Inclusive of Obiano to make the list complete
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
When I see people support IPOB I attribute it to too much sentiment or lack of sound logic. The way the group was designed from the start and it's modus operandi it was clear that it leader and leadership merely wanted to become the big boys eating from politics in Igbo land. Which serious group will call for independence when we don't have an economy to support an independent nation? Which serious group would call for killing of other ethnicities knowing fully well that our people are the highest in terms of our population outside Nigeria? We blame our leaders for betraying IPOB but when IPOB declared them enemies what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:

Another good point
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
LBanks:

Another truth
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Call07034780891: 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ewu from the dead Abia state, is Obiano in APC or supporting Buhari government? Give us evidence where Obiano ever spoke in support of Buhari.

[s]
B2mario:

Inclusive of Obiano to make the list complete
[/s]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kettykings: 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
Ok we accept that ipob miscalculated things like zoo made you people to belive,please since ipob went underground which other group has calculated well since then?please answer this question.

Truth be told , you cannot stampede the realisation of biafra like NK and ipob were trying to , Nigerian is dying a slow death, Nigeria is a terminally ill country , so why not allow the country to pass on peacefully , why be the catalyst to the demise of Niigeria, knowing fully well other parts of the country will abandon their brutal fate in the hands of herdsmen and boko haram to fight igbos if igbos declare biafra. my advice would have been to scale down on the street shows , then prepare or start preparing for the inveitable over run of the country by the herdsmen and their boko counter parts , induce the divestment of igbos from crisis likely prone areas and from abandoned property mentally induced regions , establish R and D centres that would wean igbos from their chronic addiction to cow meat.

It seems our generation quickly forgot the lesson of the last war where there was crisis in the middle belt (TIV crisis) and western region only for Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna to drag igbos into that mess with igbos still paying the wages for that misadventure till date while the west and middle belt reaped where they did not sow.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
NK was never the only one making decisions for ipbo,mind you the leadership of ipbo is not base in nigeria incase you dont know.when NK had meeting with south east govs and ohaneze,after the meeting he told them that he will meet with the leadership of ipob before any decisions can be reach and when he went down to ipob leaders,them turn down the damand of south east leaders.yes ipbo was build around NK because people knows that he will never betray them.opc you talked about please who is the leader of opc?opc before is no more the opc you know before.

Let me first say i support IPOB and all its aspirations.

The problem with MOST IPOB people is that once some slight difference in opinion for the best strategy occurs, they immediately attack you and say you never wanted Biafra and would prefer Nigeria. You guys must learn how to listen to yourselves and other and weigh every strategy carefully.

The strategy to boycott Anambra election was flawed from the start. Then NK turned it into him being from East Central state from where Anambra was carved. Thus exactly playing into the trap of those trying to portray him as Abia guy trying to ruin Anambra. Once he went there, no matter what he said, he could never win from that angle. However, in reality, the decision to boycott a gubernatorial election was silly. The election to boycott is the Presidential election and you must get elections not to hold in about 12 -13 states. That is the critical number that will prevent any winner from emerging.

The issue is that IPOB still think Biafra could be achieved with what happens in the SE as in the 1960s. NO!, Biafra will be achieved by what happens OUTSIDE the Southeast. Other oppressed Nigerians in Benue, Southern Kaduna, Southern minorities, some parts of Yorubaland must come together and decide that what is happening in Nigeria must STOP.

Ojukwu himself told us that we should not seek Biafra using his strategy. I still believe a measure of armed insurgency is required, but it must be planned to operate nationwide and meticulously avoid civilian casualties. What i have suggested isn't easy, but a disciplined group can easily pull it off with minimal casualties.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (696) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.