Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,541 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1774971 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:32am On Dec 13, 2012
CFCfan: @PROUDIGBO: Are those taxis part of the govt's mass transit scheme? They look so nice.

^^^Yeah Chelsea-fan, they are.

Chime knows what is nice, and i hope nothing happens to him as his deputy looks too young and inexperienced to handle all those dinosaurs in the civil service that know all the tricks of the 'corruption' trade.....they'll run rings round the poor guy angry angry.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by seanet02: 1:35am On Dec 13, 2012
^^^^^^
So Chime is not corrupt?
But Fashola is corrupt abi?
Your hypocrisy no get classmate.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PointB: 2:14am On Dec 13, 2012
I have been seduced by the beauty of Enugu. Yet I yearn for more . . . pix! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Boicc(m): 5:19am On Dec 13, 2012
pls guyz where is Golden Royal located bcoz i wont lyk 2 miss dat carnival n cultural fiesta.I head dey wuld do nwada peagent,at least my broda'll hav a chance 2 pick nwa pino pino di ok as a wife...lol
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Freewilly(f): 5:30am On Dec 13, 2012
I'm Yoruba and I've been to Enugu a few times, I must admit that Enugu is a very lovely and peaceful city. I seriously don't know why some of my

fellow yoruba on NL don't want to admit that there is no city in the SW as beautiful as Enugu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SamMilla1(m): 6:47am On Dec 13, 2012
Boicc: pls guyz where is Golden Royal located bcoz i wont lyk 2 miss dat carnival n cultural fiesta.I head dey wuld do nwada peagent,at least my broda'll hav a chance 2 pick nwa pino pino di ok as a wife...lol

Golden Royal, formally golden tulip is at no 10 Bissalla road, Imdependence Layout. 100 meters from New Heaven Junction. 10 meters from Ebeano estate. 10 meters from City center where there is foreign wine shop that serves as a source of income and source of alcohol for me.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HighChief4(m): 7:03am On Dec 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

What a great display of our rich culture. Umu-dimkpa with full power of Ikenga

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
I am sitting inside Okpara square, in the evening carnival event organized by Nigerian breweries I think. Enough drinks and live music + comedy in a serene open air environment. Pure fun.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
spyder880: I am sitting inside Okpara square, in the evening carnival event organized by Nigerian breweries I think. Enough drinks and live music + comedy in a serene open air environment. Pure fun.
Are there some Palm wine sellers as well? Or perhaps NB wouldn't tolerate such since it's a competitor? Enjoy sha....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
Nightshift: Are there some Palm wine sellers as well? Or perhaps NB wouldn't tolerate such since it's a competitor? Enjoy sha....

Pammy dey, roasted yam, abacha etc. Its a cultural carnival so NB cannot afford to overlook the traditional styles of the people.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
spyder880:

Pammy dey, roasted yam, abacha etc. Its a cultural carnival so NB cannot afford to overlook the traditional styles of the people.
I'm really happy that they did not go the way of Calabar, PH, Lagos and Abuja carnivals that have imported costumes and content. This is a celebration of Igbo culture and i hope other states can take a cue. Enough of importing the Caribbean festivals to Nigeria.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
spyder880:

Great, if we hold on to our eating culture. Enugu folks know how to enjoy rich food. I really enjoyed last year's carnival organized by our tradition-loving governor Chime. There was a weeklong procession of masquerades on major streets in the City. The peak of it was the night masquerade( mmanwu abani) at Okpara Square. It made me miss the Easter carnival at Obiagu in the 80s. Famous groups like Black Children of Amagunze, Ogene Camp, Ugo Mba City group, The indomitable Umuabi Udi , Ogbangbada Obe, Ugomma Amuri and the dreaded Inyiya Agbaoku from Umuatugboma. Mmanwu Enugu ebuka!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm really happy that they did not go the way of Calabar, PH, Lagos and Abuja carnivals that have imported costumes and content. This is a celebration of Igbo culture and i hope other states can take a cue. Enough of importing the Caribbean festivals to Nigeria.
Enugu people will not allow carnival import; the state is a leader in masquerading in Igboland. Okanga Akpugo and Nike can produce colourful masquerades(Omebe) that can fill a stadium. In 1985 then military governor Emeka Omeruo, inaugurated the biggest carnival in Igboland( Mmanwu festival) at Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium Enugu. All the big groups and masquerades were there including Perikomo and his famous Arondizuogu dance group.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
I was there early in the afternoon, people are still in their shops and offices, the real action starts later at night

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
planning for the occasion

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
Its an NB event, so everywhere is branded with their products.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
The international conference center in Enugu, looking at it from Okpara square.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
Too bad,am going to miss this year's cultural festival cry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by phantom(m): 9:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
kai.....042! no place like 042...i swear. remeber when we flexed like mad there when me and my girlfriend(now wife) schooled in UNEC...pure fun i tell ya...
very serene flexing.....no be the headache wey full PH if you wan catch fun.for PH you must consider hold up,come plot equation of your route into town if you wan flex....
enugu on the other hand,pure heaven!i miss the place
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
phantom: kai.....042! no place like 042...i swear. remeber when we flexed like mad there when me and my girlfriend(now wife) schooled in UNEC...pure fun i tell ya...
very serene flexing.....no be the headache wey full PH if you wan catch fun.for PH you must consider hold up,come plot equation of your route into town if you wan flex....
enugu on the other hand,pure heaven!i miss the place
i dey ph,terrible traffic. Even places that had no traffic issues now do angry pure headache!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
This road leads from abakpa nike to opi nsukka. Its a short route to nsukka...still under construction by arab contractors. Sullivan sure knows what he is doing. Just passed through abakpa nike, I didnt know enugu has expanded this much. One just revolves within the city without know how far the city has gone.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
...don't get what they are digging up here

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
Work on...

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
When completed...will take about 45minutes or less to get to nsukka.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dzzbabe: 11:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
wowww...super governor..God bless Sullivan Chime
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cecegorz(m): 11:46am On Dec 15, 2012
I've breezed in LIVE! in coal city!
The Carnval really ain't like the Calabar stuff where the whole streets is agog with festivities, apart from the NBL/Star joint at one end of the Okpara square as captured by Spyder, i can't see anything much.
Even my company that is supposed to have a pavillion at the square are yet to set up.
It also looks like the real deal will be comng up next week when the street storms are scheduled to hold.
Meanwhile, there is something of a silent achiever trait in Sullivan's regime. My Chime Avenue home has workers from the water board seriously laying up new water pipes and connecting all the residents without much media hype.
Infact, you'll just love the serenity that this city exudes!
Let me just chill till night time for the UMOJA troupe @d Royale. That's my major expectation from the carnival, anyway

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
cecegorz: I've breezed in LIVE! in coal city!
The Carnval really ain't like the Calabar stuff where the whole streets is agog with festivities, apart from the NBL/Star joint at one end of the Okpara square as captured by Spyder, i can't see anything much.
Even my cmpany that is supposed to have a pavillion at the square are yet to set up.
It also looks like the real deal will be comng up next week when the street storms are scheduled to hold.
Meanwhile, there is something of a silent achiever trait in Sullivan's regime. My Chime Avenue home has workers from the water board seriously laying up new water pipes and connecting all the residents without much media hype.
Infact, you'll just love the serenity that this city exudes!
Let me just chill till night time for the UMOJA troupe @d Royale. That's my major expectation from the carnival, anyway
Pls give me the time and venue!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cecegorz(m): 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2012
eaglechild:
Pls give me the time and venue!
Its 8PM bro. About time
Though its STRICTLY on Invitation
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Emperoh(m): 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2012
Guy,

I am hoping this is not true.
Rumours have it that our action Gov'nor may be dead?

Some unconfirmed sources said he dies this afternoon in an Indian hospital.
I am fervently praying this is not true!!

Please, if we all are happy with what he is doing and acknowledge his bold steps,
especially at stopping God fatherism in Enugu State, please endeavor to say a prayer for him
as you go to bed tonight and at service tomorrow.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 16, 2012
Please lord allow our dear governor back to his seat!! Amen.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 2:44am On Dec 16, 2012
This movie is too dammmn funny, osuoifia and mr ibu those two clowns will not kill person i swear,i give the movie 10**********

igbo mma mma nu.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3hePaGRcV0
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:03am On Dec 16, 2012
Emperoh: Guy,

I am hoping this is not true.
Rumours have it that our action Gov'nor may be dead?

Some unconfirmed sources said he dies this afternoon in an Indian hospital.
I am fervently praying this is not true!!

Please, if we all are happy with what he is doing and acknowledge his bold steps,
especially at stopping God fatherism in Enugu State, please endeavor to say a prayer for him
as you go to bed tonight and at service tomorrow.

^^^It's not true; it's what it is (a rumour).....and he's still alive. smiley

look at all these rumours....surrounding me every day;
just need some time.....some time to get away from.....from all these rumours, can't take them no more angry angry;
the best relief is what i get from meeting the girl next door wink.

stop, stop spreading those rumours around......stop, stop spreading those lies!

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (694) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.