Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:43 PM

How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain (7721 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Slain Boko Haram Militants In A Recent Military Attack / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP / PDP, ANPP, Slam Okorocha For Closing Schools, Markets For Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by virgo(f): 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2012
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by lacasa: 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
Itz like assassinations r ϑ best way τ̅o solve personal grudges in †ђªt part of nigeria.

Na wa for dose souh-south, south-east issues
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by ismhab(m): 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2012
South-South version of the Boko Haram gangs.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2012
Omo make government come tidy that Obiri-Ikwerre flyover axis sef......
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by gbadexy(m): 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
One can only wonder. The same set of gangs accosted a man and left him after confirming he wasn't the person they were paid to kill.
The man did his part. But the police!(Shakes head) knowing full well that someone's life was at stake couldn't radio the relevant jurisdiction to look into it even if they can't investigate it, does it mean if someone is being robbed or attacked, the police won't raise a finger if it is not their jurisdiction even if they were aware of the act?
The wife should shed more light on the purpose of his visit to where he came back from and whom he went to meet there.
The deceased was set up by the person or someone at where he was traveling from for the assassins to be sure he was going to pass there from airport. For the deceased man to call his wife to pick him up shows that even his household members were unaware of when he would arrive. Only someone that knows what time he boarded the plane or left for the airport can call the assassins to wait for him there.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by boyprodigy(m): 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
Nigerian police sucks.if it's not boko haram,it's kidnappers,if it's not kidnappers,it's armed robbers,if it's not armed robbers,it's assasins.when will all this end? God help naija.

1 Like

Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by logica(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2012
Question is, how did the killers know which route he was taking since (I assume) that's not the route to his home? After watching plenty of murder documentaries in which the spouse planned the killing, the wife even looks more of a suspect than anybody else:

1. Mystery man who was not shot and he disappeared. Nobody but the wife had seen him (the other witness is dead).
2. After all the shooting she was not hit. Holding your breathe isn't enough to fool a trained killer especially with no visible wounds on your body.

4 Likes

Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by majoruzo: 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2012
The woman has not told us the whole story.Its asumed that incident happend in the dark.
How did the kilers identify the vehicle in the dark,did the elderly man make any phone call while in the car.
How is it possible several random shots were fired at the vehicle and only one man was killed,the rest without bruises.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by Kesmakveli(m): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2012
It pains me that such etin still happens in rivers state, and the securitiy agents fold their hands and watch crime activity go on smoothly... Wat a pity! May his soul rest in the bossom of the lord..
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by logica(m): 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2012
Does the wife drive a Honda Civic? If she does drive one (or a similar hatchback) then this will provide more compelling reason to make her the prime suspect; considering the information that somebody driving a Honda Civic had earlier been stopped by the same killers (assuming this did happen).
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by fm7070: 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2012
Nigerian police is a total failure
SSS is just figurehead
It's high time people start going back to their 'african insurance' at least, better than being killed like a cockroach.
Yes, the's something the wife is not saying, but the police could have gotten more fact if they'd been up to task
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by jpworld(m): 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2012
The wife story is inconsistent.... If in America, she is number one suspect...
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by Detongue: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2012
jpworld: The wife story is inconsistent.... If in America, she is number one suspect...

true
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by eherbal(m): 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2012
The woman is suspect,simple.very incoherent,inconsistent statement.state of shock my testicles.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2012
I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by Seun(m): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
logica: Question is, how did the killers know which route he was taking since (I assume) that's not the route to his home? After watching plenty of murder documentaries in which the spouse planned the killing, the wife even looks more of a suspect than anybody else:

1. Mystery man who was not shot and he disappeared. Nobody but the wife had seen him (the other witness is dead).
2. After all the shooting she was not hit. Holding your breathe isn't enough to fool a trained killer especially with no visible wounds on your body.

Don't go there. I think losing her husband is bad enough; it makes no sense to add salt to injury by branding her as the killer unless you have solid evidence. As for her being the only witness; that's unlikely since they were not the only motorists on the road. As for not being hit, since the husband was their main target, it wasn't necessary for them to kill the wife - many bad people have reservations about harming women. So they may not have bothered to check her.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by legendprac(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
jpworld: The wife story is inconsistent.... If in America, she is number one suspect...
Very inconsistent...
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by logica(m): 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
Seun:

Don't go there. I think losing her husband is bad enough; it makes no sense to add salt to injury by branding her as the killer unless you have solid evidence. As for her being the only witness; that's unlikely since they were not the only motorists on the road. As for not being hit, since the husband was their main target, it wasn't necessary for them to kill the wife - many bad people have reservations about harming women. So they may not have bothered to check her.
Do you know the meaning of "suspect"? I don't think I need to say any more.

3 Likes

Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by boyendowed(m): 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2012
When crimes remain unsolved,it will always encourage people to commit more crimes.I know this one will join the case of Harry Marshall,Dikibo and so many others as an unsolved crime.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by Seun(m): 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2012
logica: Do you know the meaning of "suspect". I don't think I need to say any more.
In America, being a suspect means they'll examine the evidence and question other eyewitnesses to see whether your story checks out. In Nigeria, being a suspect means they'll arrest you and start torturing you until you tell them what they want to hear or settle them. If a woman has just lost her husband, I think it's wicked and it's inhumane to suggest that the best consolation for her is to be arrested and tortured for the sin of being a survivor. In my opinion, we should not encourage such treatment of widows.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by logica(m): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2012
Dude, I only know one meaning of "suspect". Feel free to put a spin on 9ja versus America definitions. There is only one. Given her statement, if indeed we had a Police Force in Nigeria, I expect her to be the prime suspect. That's all.

3 Likes

Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
The bereaved woman said she then drove off and was heading home and because of her appointment with a member of her church,she suggested to her husband that the elderly man be dropped-off along the way, but the deceased refused, insisting they should drive the elderly man to Ada-George area, his destination. She complied and added that “…some policemen stopped us at a checkpoint at Aluu. As we were moving, there was a truck carrying a pay-loader and it was difficult overtaking it. Later, I had the opportunity of overtaking the truck and I did ,” she recalled.

Na wa!!

His disregard for his wife's appointment caused him his life. He could have avoided it, but then it would have been avoided for another day.

RIP.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by Sacarstic: 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2012
May his soul rest in peace.It beats my imagination why people will kill to settle issues,it`s terrible.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by doofanc: 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Seun i can understand where coming from. Why would a lady want her husband of 30years dead? So let us assume the lady is still shock which could account for the many loopholes noted in her story or that The Sun didn't get everything. That she even granted the interview at this time is suprising

but i can also understand where logica and the other are going: If we're to take it as it is, then, i dare say, she still has a lot a questions to answer.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by logica(m): 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
doofanc: Why would a lady want her husband of 30years dead?
Ha. You need to watch more of Crime & Investigation channel. You will see spouses married for as long as these ones and with many children and maybe even grand-children. I am beginning to think we have as much a problem as in The West with spousal murders but the reason we are oblivious is the poor policing.

1 Like

Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by Seun(m): 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
logica: Ha. You need to watch more of Crime & Investigation channel. You will see spouses married for as long as these ones and with many children and maybe even grand-children. I am beginning to think we have as much a problem as in The West with spousal murders but the reason we are oblivious is the poor policing.
If such cases happened every day, they would not make good TV. They are shown on TV precisely because they rarely happen.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by adonisyung(m): 11:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
logica: Question is, how did the killers know which route he was taking since (I assume) that's not the route to his home? After watching plenty of murder documentaries in which the spouse planned the killing, the wife even looks more of a suspect than anybody else:

you have said it all.....she ƻ the killer
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2012
logica: Question is, how did the killers know which route he was taking since (I assume) that's not the route to his home? .

Remember, it was the husband that changed the destination at the last minute. According to her side of the story.

The bereaved woman said she then drove off and was heading home and because of her appointment with a member of her church, she suggested to her husband that the elderly man be dropped-off along the way, but the deceased refused, insisting they should drive the elderly man to Ada-George area, his destination. She complied and added that “…some policemen stopped us at a checkpoint at Aluu. As we were moving, there was a truck carrying a pay-loader and it was difficult overtaking it. Later, I had the opportunity of overtaking the truck and I did ,” she recalled.
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by emmykk(m): 12:11am On Jul 02, 2012
May his soul rest in peace.
I rationalise Is posible d anpp chief went on a meeting with some1 that set him up.he may hv been told 2 help d old man,y d old man may hv alert d killers of their arival 2 dat point either by sms,flash or a fake call.
The woman thinking they r police may hv slow down because of d flashlight
comfirming his position in d car they start shooting,that mayb d reasons other were not even injure-that old is d devil agent
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:22am On Jul 02, 2012
Your Husband don chop Party Money

Check Within Madam
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by StarrMatthieu: 1:29am On Jul 02, 2012
Sure thing[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain by 1025: 9:26am On Jul 02, 2012
pdp ---- power to the criminals. madam, my suggestion is that u go home and bury ur husband. stop waiting for those who killed ur husband to be made public. remember bola ige.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full List Of Newly Elected 109 Senators / Breaking! Protest Nairalander Ipobdevil Hit By Military Bullet At The Head -pics / Ogun Transport Projects, Catalyst To Socio-economic Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.