Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,039 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:55 AM

Help, Fuel Guage Is Killing Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, Fuel Guage Is Killing Me (1128 Views)

Why My Car Fuel Always Dropped From Fuel Guage / Pls Help,fuel Trim Issues On 1999 Audi A6 V6 Quattro / The Need To Have A Tyre Pressure Guage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Fuel Guage Is Killing Me by Saintp(m): 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2012
My 99 camry is having fuel guage problems. I have changed so many guages and even the dashboard but still no headway. The last one i changed worked for 2 months and refused to work again. Right now, i'm driving blind. Can someone help with a solution. Tanx
Re: Help, Fuel Guage Is Killing Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2012
which part of the gauge did you change the one from in instrument cluster?

trace if the wires are fine and also check the sender itself its inside the tank attached to the fuel pump
Re: Help, Fuel Guage Is Killing Me by Saintp(m): 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
ZIM DRILL: which part of the gauge did you change the one from in instrument cluster?

trace if the wires are fine and also check the sender itself its inside the tank attached to the fuel pump

Yes, i ve changed it severally and infact all the unit. Still not getting it.
Re: Help, Fuel Guage Is Killing Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2012
Saintp:

Yes, i ve changed it severally and infact all the unit. Still not getting it.

remember i mentioned 3 thing there which is the gauge its self then wires and the sender

you need to eliminate one by one

did change the gauge only or the full instrument cluster?

did you try check the wires themself is current getting to sender its self ?

and does the sender work ? using a mutlimeter connect the sender to meter and move the floater and see if meter register anything
Re: Help, Fuel Guage Is Killing Me by ness90(m): 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2012
I have the same problem with my Toyota Camry 2001.. if only we can get a very good auto shop where it can be fixed once for all. it is very frustrating driving blind!
Re: Help, Fuel Guage Is Killing Me by Saintp(m): 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2012
@ Zim
I'm not conversant with the technicalities however, i ve changed so many things and changed it entirely. Now it is discovered that my tank is dented from the bottom. Though i know my tank is dented for some time now but the last guage manage to work for about 2 months even with the dent. The mechanics advised me to involve panel beater to work on it. To be frank, i'm just tired about this guage issue.
Re: Help, Fuel Guage Is Killing Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2012
Saintp: @ Zim
I'm not conversant with the technicalities however, i ve changed so many things and changed it entirely. Now it is discovered that my tank is dented from the bottom. Though i know my tank is dented for some time now but the last guage manage to work for about 2 months even with the dent. The mechanics advised me to involve panel beater to work on it. To be frank, i'm just tired about this guage issue.

ok lets start with this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKuSYeyHBnk&feature=related

thats the sender unit found inside the tank attached to the fuel pump
you see the way he is moving it that sort of mimicking the level of fuel and the test meter is reading the resistance
meaning that the sender works fine

this video will show you a fuel pump attached to the sender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5Qgt9unfw&feature=related

i forgot to tell you something your mechanic you also double check if the wire on sender are properly attached to complete a circuit
Re: Help, Fuel Guage Is Killing Me by jesro0908: 9:24am On Jul 03, 2012
did you try check the wires themself is current getting to sender its self ?[img]http://www.keyforex.info/g.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Why Are So Many People Selling Off Their Murano? / 05 Nissan Xterra Gearbox / How Many Seconds Does Your Car Rise From 0 To 60

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.