Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? (11416 Views)

Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft / Embarrassing Way Some Nigerians Boarded An Aircraft Today / Tragedy Averted As Aircraft Tyre Bursts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by uncleu(m): 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2012
7 years after crash in Lisa: BELLVIEW WAS BOMBED–Red Cross Chief
ohiku.jpg
Photo:
Sun News Publishing Ohiku By: FELIX ASIMOLE
Date: Sun, 07/01/2012 - 00:08
Seven years after the crash of Bellview Boeing 737 flight 210 plane at Lisa, Ogun State, in which 117 persons died, it has been revealed that the aircraft was bombed. The Abuja-bound aircraft that took off from the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, on October 22, 2005, crashed few minutes after it was airborne

A top official of the Red Cross, Professor Charles Ohiku, made the startling revelation in an exclusive interview with Sunday Sun in Lagos. Prof Ohiku, who led the Red Cross rescue team at the crash scene, said that unlike the recent Dana plane crash, no human skull was found at the scene of the Bellview crash because it was blown up.
“I headed the rescue team at the Bellview plane crash site at Lisa, Ogun State. That plane was blown. That is why the probe report can never come out till tomorrow. “That plane didn’t just drop from the sky. By the time we got there the following morning, we could not find even one human head.

“You know, at the Dana plane crash site some incomplete human bodies and heads were recovered from the crash site. But in the case of Bellview crash there was no single head or a skull. Quote me. “I was there as a representative of the Nigerian Red Cross, and I can tell you categorically that no single skull was seen or picked up in a crash of that magnitude and the number of passengers involved.

“How can anyone explain the fact that with 117 passengers and crew members in the plane no single head or skull was found during rescue operation, even though there was no survivor?” Asked why anyone would bomb the plane at that time when there was no Boko Haram or any other serious security threat to the country, Prof Ohiku said some people might have felt that somebody in that plane, who was considered too close to the President at that time, was being groomed to take over from him.

He recalled that Dr Iyabo Obasanjo, who was then Commissioner for Health in Ogun State, gave his team a note to the General Hospital and, “then we packed them (mangled bodies) in a case, the one they use in packing corpses.” The Red Cross chief was emphatic that there was no single head, “even as strong as the skull is,” when his team got to the scene.

“My parents had been at Lisa 10 years before that crash, so immediately the plane crashed I was one of those who got there first in the morning. And many people didn’t know where Lisa was before the crash that brought the quiet village to limelight.”

He continued: “Why have they not released the black box findings? They will not do so even till tomorrow. And you all know the personalities in that plane. One of them was Waziri Mohammed, chairman of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) then. Majority of the people on that plane came from Ota Farm to board the plane. They came from Ota Farm to Lagos to board that plane at Ikeja Airport, and the plane landed at Lisa, Ogun State, imagine that.

“The general rumour at that time, mark my word, was that Obasanjo was preparing that very man, the NRC chairman, for the presidency. We found legs, hands and some other human parts, but no head. I would like somebody to explain how that came about,” Prof Ohiku said.

Among those who died in the crash were Chairman of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), chairman of the defunct People’s Bank, Mrs Maria Sokenu; and the Post Master-General of the Federation, Alhaji Abubakar Argungu.

Also on the list of casualties were the Personal Assistant to the Post Master-General, Mr S. Eneware; chairman of Nigerian States and Local Government SMEs, Mr J. Agharitte; and Mr L. Adele, a South African television producer.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/article/7-years-after-crash-lisa-bellview-was-bombed%E2%80%93red-cross-chief

1 Like

Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Afam4eva(m): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2012
Hmmm. This is revealing.
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by jennyb2: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2012
so of what significance is this report? bombed or not bombed pple got killed, wen nigerians needed this report badly nobody could give any explaination until now. nigerian with belated news!
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by adekennis(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
Hnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mr man,you got there the second day and was expecting to find skulls ?
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Afam4eva(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Not even one? isn't there a possibility that human bodies could have scattered in different parts of the bush away from the inferno. I think something went fishy with that Lisa incident. It's also troubling that the blackbox report is not out till date.
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Piyke: 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2012
I remember reading somewhere that the Nigeria somehow suppressed the NTSB report that gave evidence in support of an incendiary device causing the crash.

Honestly can't remember where i read that but the report also claimed that Nigeria tends the doctor crash investigations, blaming it mostly on weather conditions
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by menix(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2012
Hmm.. Wondaz shall neva start...
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
afam4eva:
Not even one? isn't there a possibility that human bodies could have scattered in different parts of the bush away from the inferno. I think something went fishy with that Lisa incident. It's also troubling that the blackbox report is not out till date.
it's also possible that those skulls may have be burnt into ashes since there was no immediate rescue effort even when the impact of the Lisa crash was more than that of Dana.
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by supereagle(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2012
There were explosives in the plane that was what made the plane to crash.
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

it's also possible that those skulls may have be burnt into ashes since there was no immediate rescue effort even when the impact of the Lisa crash was more than that of Dana.
But why have they refused to release the blackbox findings. I think something fishy went down in Lisa.
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Rex123(m): 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
~Bluetooth:

lipsrsealed
~Bluetooth:

Do ♈̷̴☺u no how long it would take human skin Τ̅☺ burn Τ̅☺ ashes ? There i̶̲̥̅̊s̤̥̈̊ sometinm fishy and d government shuld explain Τ̅☺ us y d report was neva read.
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by amosy007: 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
So does it change anything?...even if its bombed ...doesn't mean they gonna bring d culprits to book? Abeg someone should save us another drama jare..
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
afam4eva:
But why have they refused to release the blackbox findings. I think something fishy went down in Lisa.

Have you ever seen the report of any probe being released or if released implemented before ? I'm thinking since sanctions was made against bellview and compensation paid to victims,life goes on as usual.Na naija be this !
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by anishe(m): 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
Only in Nigeria. May God help us. where has this man been all this while?
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by ogb5(m): 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
lets test the FOI act. can someone ask for the report of the plane crash under the FOI act?

1 Like

Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
This man sounds like a lunatic, why is the emphasis on skulls, skulls, skulls, does the writer say the other body parts cant be destroyed by bomb except the skulls? Why is he opening his mouth now after 7 years ?
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by jpassion987: 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
I think u should have been a patrotic nigerian by highlighting dis fact u got from d crash site to the public..too bad
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by TechRev: 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2012
Storry,
Even if a the plane was laden with bombs all round it, it will hardly be able to burn a human skull complete to ashes, talkless of burning all the 100+ human skulls to ashes. It may burn up the flesh but not the bones to ashes. Maybe the prof didnt find skulls cause he didnt care to look or widen his search.
Yes the Jet fuel is highly combustible, a little electrical fault could turn that plane into a flying bomb.
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by ballabriggs: 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2012
I'm sorry but "I don't give a Dame" undecided
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2012
ballabriggs: I'm sorry but "I don't give a damn" undecided
I love this comment....
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Onyocha: 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2012
i'm sorry to say but this sounds like a distraction to me.at a time we should be concentrating on the DANA crash and know the truth about what went wrong and also clean the aviation sector,ground planes and bring new ones,we are still living seven years backwards.this is the time we should put pressure and insist to know the truth about DANA.otherwise we may have to wait another 7 years to hear news.why have we not heard anything about the DANA black box? dont tell me about bellview,tell me about DANA.there is still a chance to do something right to prevent another disaster.why waste the present with the past when something can be done for the future?
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by ballabriggs: 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: I love this comment....

Chineke! Who are wa to wire Waec? When shall it become that wheelbarrow will jam 911? Seek caution or the gods shall juwa your coconut. I can't see myself. This is an animaley triancing the way of human beings.

1 Like

Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by maclatunji: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
Even with a bomb, you would still have found human skulls. This professor is talking like a village secondary school drop-out! This is one of the reasons plane crashes occur too frequently, people blame it on "a plot to bomb someone influential." Meanwhile, the human errors that caused many crashes are left unattended.

Even if we want to agree with you that there was a bomb, this "lack of skull" methodology is just madness. I know I saw suitcases and clothing items that were not as "strong" as human skulls at the scene at Lisa as shown on TV. What are we to make of that?
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Abbycite(m): 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
I think d man was only seeking cheap attention and he eventually got it....a bomb would only blow the part into pieces not completely burn to ashes...d man as a red-cross member failed to search thoroughly for d skulls and here we go after seven good years....and please, I don't know how wicked one can be, to blew up a whole plane full of innocent souls just to get to one man...I believe there is a better way to kill someone....
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by steffans(m): 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
9jarians cant cover up somethng by killing all dos on board...we dont really have classified stuffs in dis country..#my thot
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by kingparagon1: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

so u wanted him 2 get there b4 d crash. He said he found human parts bt no heads. If no head ws found in 117 deads, i believe him dat sometin fishing went wrong which might b bomb.

2 Likes

Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by tpapi: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2012
afam4eva:
d black box wz neva found so there cannot b a report on it
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by gbadexy(m): 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2012
I don't think this man understands what he is saying. The bomb would have to be huge to completely pieces the people inside the plane.
Also, the aircraft part would be blown to pieces and the parts would be scattered over a large area due to the height, speed of plane, force of explosion and air speed.
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by Elueme: 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2012
I may believe something was fishy about that crash because the black box was Neva found but I think this man is obsessed with something as well... The ' no skull talk 'is irritating except he needs tell us wat we don't knw
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by maigaskiya1: 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2012
Dis a question 4 obj 2 ansa
Re: Was Bellview Aircraft Bombed 7 Years Ago At Lisa, Ogun? by contra(m): 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
so the professor saw other human parts but no skull, that is to say that the bomb was planted on their heads! shocked
this should be moved to the joke section pls. grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge Reopened / COVID-19: FG Relaxes Restriction On Foreign Travellers / South Africa Or China ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.