Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! (2971 Views)

How Should I Tell My Girlfriend That I Want Us To Start Having Sex / Let's Praise Our Mother Here... / Lets Give Just 3 Reasons Why We Must Respect Our MOTHER. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by sweetchicks(f): 8:44am On Jul 02, 2012
well you might be wondering what i'm talking about...

point is .. my mother wants me to keep my options open even when she knows i'm currently in a relationship..the funny thing is even my friends are saying the same thing that their mothers are of the same opinion..
they surely have a point anyways, because your boo might just up and leave anytime boys of nowadays!. but then, i feel nowadays its practically impossible to be juggling more than a guy; personally i think its emotionally draining and too much hard work plus how possible is it to have a relationship with guys these days without them breathing down your neck about sex?.. totally impossible!!!
i have tried keeping male friends, it has never worked. they are all sexually attracted to me.. that's why i don't bother with the notion again... even casual dates are no longer innoceent ..
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by sweetchicks(f): 9:17am On Jul 02, 2012
the point is, how do you keep your options open wiv raging testosterones?

1 Like

Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by jmoore(m): 9:20am On Jul 02, 2012
self-control is the key

2 Likes

Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Ranoscky(m): 9:25am On Jul 02, 2012
sweetchicks: the point is, how do you keep your options open wiv raging testosterones?
If ur mom is the understanding type, then why not? She can be of help interms of problem u know?
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by LordReed(m): 11:36am On Jul 02, 2012
jmoore: self-control is the key

How do you self-control somebody else?

@OP
While I don't hold water with your mummy and friends advise, I don't think keeping your options open means double dating. I think it just means have male "buddies" you can talk to and if it comes to it you can have an emotional bond with. From this pool of "friends" when the need arises you could choose to be intimate with any. Just remember I am not advocating cheating.
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Mynd44: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2012
sweetchicks: the point is, how do you keep your options open wiv raging testosterones?
Was this not easier to type than the story you typed up there?
@Question, since its your mum that gave that suggestion, ask her to tell you how nah

1 Like

Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by DonaldGenes(m): 7:16am On Oct 11, 2012
Waiiiit! Lemme ask,dont you qot a serious relationship,i wanna know frst before i come in
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 11, 2012
I have said it before that mothers are at the root of our ladies moral decay!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 11, 2012
My father also wants me to keep my options open.. He said having about up to 5 girlfriends isn't a bad idea grin

2 Likes

Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Mynd44: 8:22am On Oct 11, 2012
bennyraz: My father also wants me to keep my options open.. He said having about up to 5 girlfriends isn't a bad idea grin
No be only dem parents sabi advice na
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 11, 2012
Why should your mother encourage promiscuity? I'm having great difficulty understanding her point of view.

2 Likes

Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
No be only dem parents sabi advice na
abi o grin
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Mynd44: 10:14am On Oct 11, 2012
bennyraz: abi o grin
I swear
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by gunners160(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2012
women! women! women! So ur moda wants u 2 double date?sha go and double date but if u get pregnant and lose ur mr rite because of dat wuld she share d pregnancy and d pain wit u?think

2 Likes

Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by DExplorer1: 10:49am On Oct 11, 2012
What is keep it open?
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Chimezie198(m): 11:20am On Oct 11, 2012
No. Ours fathers wants us to keeps it closed!
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Gbagauncatcher: 11:55am On Oct 11, 2012
Chimezie198: No. Ours fathers wants us to keeps it closed!
undecided
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Amya(f): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
I think what her mother meant was for her not to devote all her time and energy on a particular relationship that may not work (putting all your eggs in one basket?) Not necessarily for her to double date or so, but instead of her having one serious relationship that may not work out, she should have many platonic ones where one may work.

@poster, there's no getting it right. Just do what you want to do.
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Chimezie198(m): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
Gbagaun_catcher: undecided
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Chokolee(m): 3:16pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mine has been closed too, why must u permanently open it??
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by MrsChima1(f): 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
sweetchicks: well you might be wondering what i'm talking about...

point is .. my mother wants me to keep my options open even when she knows i'm currently in a relationship..the funny thing is even my friends are saying the same thing that their mothers are of the same opinion..
they surely have a point anyways, because your boo might just up and leave anytime boys of nowadays!. but then, i feel nowadays its practically impossible to be juggling more than a guy; personally i think its emotionally draining and too much hard work plus how possible is it to have a relationship with guys these days without them breathing down your neck about sex?.. totally impossible!!!
i have tried keeping male friends, it has never worked. they are all sexually attracted to me.. that's why i don't bother with the notion again... even casual dates are no longer innoceent ..

There are women who are in relationships with men they are not sexual with it is your mindset that carries how your will function in your relationship. Of course men would want to have sex with you....if you are giving vibes that you are an easy play...why wouldn't they not take heed to that?

It is not complicated to have sex nor get someone who is h0rny. You just have to know the type of dudes you are befriending and establish boundaries...if that is not what you want then enjoy life.
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
Amya: I think what her mother meant was for her not to devote all her time and energy on a particular relationship that may not work (putting all your eggs in one basket?) Not necessarily for her to double date or so, but instead of her having one serious relationship that may not work out, she should have many platonic ones where one may work.

@poster, there's no getting it right. Just do what you want to do.
It is more wise to keep all ur eggs in a basket and watch that basket closely. Whoever chases two rats always ends up with nothing eventually. Promiscuity is promiscuity no matter how u might want to paint it. It is now a known fact that mothers have become more greedy than their naija daughters and the result is the wrong advise.
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Mynd44: 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2012
Now mothers are advising their daughter to be whoring.
Nice

1 Like

Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by basisop(m): 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
Are you sure she wants you to keep just the options open? What about the kitty? Because options can't be open while kitty is closed. Doesn't work that way.
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Mynd44: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
basisop: Are you sure she wants you to keep just the options open? What about the kitty? Because options can't be open while kitty is closed. Doesn't work that way.
Her mum has great advices
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mynd_44: Now mothers are advising their daughter to be whoring.
Nice

don't think so. it'S just that you can keep your eyes open. don't make your heart a slave to someone who you haven'T married. what for?
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Mynd44: 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
carefreewannabe:

don't think so. it'S just that you can keep your eyes open. don't make your heart a slave to someone who you haven'T married. what for?
And if the guy decides to do that, yall will start running around and ranting
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
are u minding them
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Coefficient(m): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
All of you ladies in here are just hiding under the canopy of semantics! If your mom wants you to cheat, go ahead by all means if it suits you. But remember you will dance to the tune alone, no matter how hard you try to get support.
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Mynd44: 11:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
bennyraz: are u minding them
What is more amazing is that they have found an excuse to have more than one boyfriend/fiance
Re: Our Mother's Want Us To Keep It Open! by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 12, 2012
Mynd_44:

this is what many many guys are doing all the time. especially those who are scared of commitment.
it's only logical to keep your eyes open before you marry. and this is not the same as double dating. before you engage in a long-life commitment, check if the person you're with is the best option for you. dating is for the purpose of finding out if your partner could become your wife / husband. this means everything is still open.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do Girls See In A Guys Abs ?? / List One or two Things U'd Like The Opposite Gender To Stop Doing / Help!! It's Been One Year And Nothing Has Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.