Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 (9631 Views)

Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player / Pictures From Wedding Of Andres Iniesta And Ana Ortiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by mukina2: 11:56am On Jul 02, 2012

Andres Iniesta has been named the player of the tournament at Euro 2012 after inspiring Spain to defend their title in Poland and Ukraine.

The Barcelona midfielder played a starring role in Spain's success with consistent performances throughout the competition.

He produced another scintillating display in Sunday's final as Vicente del Bosque's men beat Italy 4-0 to be crowned European champions once again.

Italy's Andrea Pirlo had been regarded as the favourite to take the player prize before the Kiev showpiece but Iniesta has been given the nod by a technical committee made up of 11 people.

UEFA technical director Andy Roxburgh said: "Picking Iniesta as the best player of Euro 2012 sends a message about creativity, incisive football and humility."

Iniesta stressed before the final that he was more concerned with Spanish success than individual accolades, but has received praise from team-mate Cesc Fabregas.

"He's a source of immense confidence for us," Fabregas said. "During matches you can see him taking on more and more responsibility.

"He's creative, he runs with the ball, he's got a brilliant final pass and with each passing year he's become more of a goalscorer as well as a provider."
Leadership qualities

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/19692/7858798/Iniesta-takes-player-prize

1 Like

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Sagamite(m): 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
UEFA technical director Andy Roxburgh said: "Picking Iniesta as the best player of Euro 2012 sends a message about creativity, incisive football and humility."

This part of their criteria is rubbish!

Humility should not be part of their judgement of footballing prowess.

They should keep their moral values to themselves and judge people on their ability.

If Balotelli wants to take his shirt off and show his muscle after scoring his 15th Banana shot goal in a tournament, then he should win based on his contribution and ability, and humility can go to hell.

5 Likes

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by inspirenet: 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sagamite:

They should keep their moral values to themselves and judge people on their ability.

If Balotelli wants to take his shirt off and show his muscle after scoring his 15th Banana shot goal in a tournament, then he should win based on his contribution and ability, and humility can go to hell.

smiley
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ayojango(m): 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sagamite:

What do u mean rubbish, attitude is key in everything we do in life.
Even d Gospel describes Humility as a key factor to salvation!!!

2 Likes

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Chillext(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
He deserves it
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2012
Should have been Pirlo
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by otumfour(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
[quote author=Sagamite]

[quote]

seconded, humility? undecided
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by buzugee(m): 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2012
these crackazz are crazy. that criteria ( humility ) was thrown in to have a dig at balotelli. crackazz cant just let a black man be himself. like we are all supposed to be squares like them. i tell ya i cant wait for the third world war. and then regime change on earth. time for the kingdom to be handed to jacob. esau has had his fill. his time is up
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ismhab(m): 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2012
Up Barcelona.

2 Likes

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Biggysmalls919(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
this is the materialization of our barcelona‘s inventive genius. If u don‘t like it take a hike! Up barcelona

3 Likes

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
ayo jango: .

Wetin concern gospel and salvation with humility?
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
I think Iniesta did well in this competition but he was not even in the running for the best player. It was between Pirlo, Xavi and probably Balotelli. I think they should have created a "Humilty" award for this tourney because i don't know how being humble has anything to do with what is played on the field of play. If it's that important then i see no reason why Kanu Nwankwo has not won the world best player award.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by omar22(m): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2012

Didnt Zinedine Zidane win the Golden Ball at the 2006 world cup despite head-butting the Italian Defender?

1 Like

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
He is telling us if Mario Balotelli comes his top at any given tournament he won't be given any award?
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by obembe1(m): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
Just saw on GOAL.com it was PIRLO NOT INIESTA has best player of EURO 2012
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by sirp2007: 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2012
iniesta deserves d award...he was nt given d award solely on humility,but he had humility advantage over other contenders..
its like when all contenders are at par,d committee look for something extra.

2 Likes

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by fagamite: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2012

Keep your gospel and bible and cross and message to your pe//do/p/h/i/le retardedddddd self. What an a/s/s/
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by teewhy3(m): 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sagamite:

Even, Bachelors degree is based on Academic Performance and Character!!!
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by stepo707: 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
He deserves it.I suppose Pirlo also deserves it too.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by sogoisrael(m): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
ismhab: Up Barcelona.
up barca jareh, some fools were saying humility ȋ̝̊̅§ not A̶̲̥̅ criteria, dey av 4goten d@ pride will overshadow once capacity, humility drives d message home. D@ differetiates Messi and C. Ronaldo
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by sogoisrael(m): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
up barca jareh, some fools were saying humility ȋ̝̊̅§ not A̶̲̥̅ criteria, dey av 4goten d@ pride will overshadow once capacity, humility drives d message home. D@ differetiates Messi from C. Ronaldo

2 Likes

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by coogar: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sagamite:

but football players are meant to be ambassadors and role models....
football authorities want the players to epitomise humility, respect, etc.
therefore, uefa is correct by wanting players to be gentlemen on and off
the pitch.

kids watch tv and they want to be like these players...
on the flip side, football players get more severe
punishment when they err because they are supposed to be role models.

2 Likes

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ZUBY77(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
I gave him that award even before the final. The guy was just awesome
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ayojango(m): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
fagamite:

Keep your gospel and bible and cross and message to your pe//do/p/h/i/le retardedddddd self. What an a/s/s/

Grow up and b real
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Sagamite(m): 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2012

My friend stick that Gospel rap. If you are going to make a point to me, come with logic, not gospel.

Attitude is not key in everything we do, outcomes are.

buzugee: these crackazz are crazy. that criteria ( humility ) was thrown in to have a dig at balotelli. crackazz cant just let a black man be himself. like we are all supposed to be squares like them. i tell ya i cant wait for the third world war. and then regime change on earth. time for the kingdom to be handed to jacob. esau has had his fill. his time is up

Thank you.

Up Tokyo FC.

afam4eva: I think Iniesta did well in this competition but he was not even in the running for the best player. It was between Pirlo, Xavi and probably Balotelli. I think they should have created a "Humilty" award for this tourney because i don't know how being humble has anything to do with what is played on the field of play. If it's that important then i see no reason why Kanu Nwankwo has not won the world best player award.

Thank you.

teewhy?:

Even, Bachelors degree is based on Academic Performance and Character!!!

Where?

In your Church university?

Not in the institution I attended.

coogar:

but football players are meant to be ambassadors and role models....
football authorities want the players to epitomise humility, respect, etc.
therefore, uefa is correct by wanting players to be gentlemen on and off
the pitch.

kids watch tv and they want to be like these players...
on the flip side, football players get more severe
punishment when they err because they are supposed to be role models.

What weak people want is irrelevant to footballing prowess.

Fathers and mothers should be ambassadors and role models their respective wards.

Footballers are entertainers and they should owe you nothing apart from seeing a good game and not breaking the law or rules of the game on the pitch.

If I was a footballer, I would do whatever the fck I want to do that does not affect my game.

I will sleep with every money-grabbing bimbo that comes my way an be on the tabloid front pages without apology to any lame parent depending on me to be their child's role model.

Oh, God! How I miss my role model, Eddie Irvine. He did not owe me role modelship, but he involuntarily was.

Fck other people's rules on how I should live my life and they will never intimidate me to change it. The pure philosophy of Eddie.

Eddie, you were great men! I admire you alot.

People should raise their kids and shouldn't pass the responsibility of role model to people that did not apply for the role.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by toluxe0075: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
obembe1: Just saw on GOAL.com it was PIRLO NOT INIESTA has best player of EURO 2012
e b like sey na upside down u read am 4 goal.com
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ifydio(m): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2012
afam4eva: I think Iniesta did well in this competition but he was not even in the running for the best player. It was between Pirlo, Xavi and probably Balotelli. I think they should have created a "Humilty" award for this tourney because i don't know how being humble has anything to do with what is played on the field of play. If it's that important then i see no reason why Kanu Nwankwo has not won the world best player award.

Humility or No humility iniester deserved it.....out performed xavi and pirlo.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Havilah93(m): 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2012
what I dont understand is the 'humility' aspect of their criteria, though Iniesta more than deserves it
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by chucky234(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
Iniester did well at the just concluded Euro 2012 but I don't think he was the best players as he struggled in the first game against Italy as well as the game against Croation where Luka Modric took the shine away from the Spanish midfield.
Pirlo was brilliant all through and be the best player based on his consistence throughout the tournament,he was simply majestic.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by KayDee4: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
Iniesta !!! midfield genius; thoroughly deserved.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by karpentar: 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
Is humility the only mentioned criteria? Why so much emphasis on it? Iniesta deserves the award with or without humility. I wouldn't complain either if Pirlo got it.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by geniushyke(m): 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
I think that dude deserve it. He is just magnificent!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshoala Scores A Brace And Provides 2 Assists As Barcelona Defeats Benfica 9-0 / Reading Vs Arsenal (2 - 5) On 17th December 2012 / Drogba Could Rejoin Chelsea On Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.