Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Islam And Marketing - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Marketing (2521 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. / Islam And Polio Vaccine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And Marketing by Cheers01: 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
So, I created a thread for talking about a reformed Islam which I called "logicalist Islam". This reformed islam was a bout a very liberal islam. However, that thread was swiftly deleted without notification by Maclatunji (AKA BIG MAC). This is the reason he gave;

maclatunji: ^By the hands of this moderator. This is a place for Islam and Muslims not your personally contrived religion. Do not try to argue because this thread is not meant for that.

However, Maclatunji seems to be quite misunderstanding something. It doesnt matter whether I call it "logicalist islam" the fact remains that millions of muslims in the west follow this kind of liberal islam that I was talking about. I was only giving the liberal islam a name.

It seems Maclatunji is indirectly saying that Huma Abedin (Muslim woman married to a Jewish American Senator) is not muslim or Lupe Fiasco (American rapper) is not a muslim. Does he define who is muslim or not?

Lupe Fiasco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSIkgRLdWYQ

Huma Abedin (Wife of Senator Weiner and ex-worker for Hilary Clinton)
[img]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.466360!/img/httpImage/image.jpg[/img]

[size=18pt]
Maybe the marketing of the thread did not pander enough. Would the thread have been banned if I titled it "the liberal views of Western Muslims"?[/size]
Re: Islam And Marketing by Cheers01: 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
Huma Abedin and her non-muslim husband

Re: Islam And Marketing by LagosShia: 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2012
Cheers01: Huma Abedin and her non-muslim husband

so because whoever this lady is has gone against the norm and teachings of Islam,you want the religion to adopt her own personal views? Islamic teachings are not based on what we desire,do or say.they are based on what Allah (swt) revealed in the Holy Quran.if you do contrary to those teachings,you can still be a Muslim,but it doesn't make what you have done the right thing.you are on your own and should seek forgiveness and repent and keep begging God to have mercy on you.that by no means would make the religion and the entire body of Muslims adapt to those views.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Marketing by Cheers01: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
LagosShia:

so because whoever this lady is has gone against the norm and teachings of Islam,you want the religion to adopt her own personal views? Islamic teachings are not based on what we desire,do or say.they are based on what Allah (swt) revealed in the Holy Quran.if you do contrary to those teachings,you can still be a Muslim,but it doesn't make what you have done the right thing.you are on your own and should seek forgiveness and repent and keep begging God to have mercy on you.that by no means would make the religion and the entire body of Muslims adapt to those views.

There are many muslims women int the westthat get married to non-muslims. Who are you to say that someone is not muslim because of marriage? Do you think that she is the only one? Ignorance.

Who are you to decide who is muslim or not? Are there not people that would claim that you as a Shia muslim are a heretic? If that is not enough, I havent met one muslim that would say that Osama is not a muslim. Osama is a muslim but a bad one. So who are you to judge millions of Western muslims who choose not to be held back some rules?

Here is another muslim woman that married a non-muslim;

Van persie and his wife;

Re: Islam And Marketing by LagosShia: 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
Cheers01:

There are many muslims women int the westthat get married to non-muslims. Who are you to say that someone is not muslim because of marriage? Do you think that she is the only one? Ignorance.

where did you read me saying they are not Muslims? i simply said that they have done what contradicts the laws of Islam and should repent.are you just trying to seek attention?or are you reading upside down or hallucinating?

Who are you to decide who is muslim or not? Are there not people that would claim that you as a Shia muslim are a heretic? If that is not enough, I havent met one muslim that would say that Osama is not a muslim. Osama is a muslim but a bad one. So who are you to judge millions of Western muslims who choose not to be held back some rules?
but where did i decide they are not muslim?

Here is another muslim woman that married a non-muslim;

Van persie and his wife;

from what i have read even though i cannot confirm,Van Persie is Muslim and embraced Islam before marrying his moroccan wife.
Re: Islam And Marketing by Cheers01: 2:41am On Jul 03, 2012
Van persie has never been a muslim. His wife is muslim.

As for you backpedaling on your own words. please explain how Huma Abedin should repent, divorce? Is hat your solution?
Re: Islam And Marketing by MacDaddy01: 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2012
Another example;

Muslim woman, non muslim husband; Iman and David Bowie;

Re: Islam And Marketing by MacDaddy01: 1:55am On Jul 04, 2012
DJ Khalid, a muslim hip hop producer

[img]http://allhiphop.files./2012/06/20120628-062510.jpg[/img]
Re: Islam And Marketing by LagosShia: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2012
so this is the lifestyle you want Islam to be promoting? grin grin grin
Re: Islam And Marketing by MacDaddy01: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2012
LagosShia: so this is the lifestyle you want Islam to be promoting? grin grin grin

I prefer that muslim lifestyle to the Iranian Shia lifestyle;

[img]http://2.bp..com/_Z4wP5A80j-k/RrxV4Up-3VI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/HB9SeuGvHG8/s400/060424_muslim_sports_big.jpg[/img]

Female Iranian athletes are all but prevented from participation in the Olympic Games.[32] In December 2007 the vice president of the Iranian Olympic Committee, Abdolreza Savar, issued a memorandum to all sporting federations about the "proper behavior of male and female athletes" and that[b] "severe punishment will be meted out to those who do not follow Islamic rules during sporting competitions" both local and abroad.[33] Men are not allowed to train or coach women[/b]. Iran's female volleyball team was once considered the best in Asia, but due to the lack of female coaches it has been prevented from international competition.[33]
Iranian women are allowed to compete in sports that require removal of the hijab, but only in arenas that are all female.[32] They are banned from public events if spectators include unrelated men.[34] Thus, of the 53 Iranian athletes in the Beijing Olympics, there were only three women: Sara Khoshjamal Fekri (taekwondo), Najmeh Abtin (shooting) and Homa Hosseini (rowing).[32]

Women may not wear Lycra as it is too form-fitting; when Homa Hosseini competes in rowing she must wear her hijab secured by a hat, a long-sleeved baggy top and tracksuit bottoms.[34] If women do not conform to the dress code rules, they face severe punishment and a ban on participation in any future national or international competitions.[33]
At the 2004 Athens Olympics there was only one female athlete from Iran.[32]

BAD HIJAB

"Bad hijab" ― exposure of any part of the body other than hands and face – is subject to punishment of up to 70 lashes or 60 days imprisonment.[8][9] In April 2007, the Tehran police, (which is under Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei's supervision), began the most fierce crackdown on what is known as "bad hijab" in more than a decade. In the capital Tehran thousands of Iranian women were cautioned over their poor Islamic dress and several hundred arrested.[10]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-iWS10yd2tCA/TtMAYbPKU2I/AAAAAAAAA8E/d8-AQ7YxLUA/s1600/15sims_CA0_600.jpg[/img]
Re: Islam And Marketing by LagosShia: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I prefer that muslim lifestyle to the Iranian Shia lifestyle;

[img]http://2.bp..com/_Z4wP5A80j-k/RrxV4Up-3VI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/HB9SeuGvHG8/s400/060424_muslim_sports_big.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-iWS10yd2tCA/TtMAYbPKU2I/AAAAAAAAA8E/d8-AQ7YxLUA/s1600/15sims_CA0_600.jpg[/img]

we are proud of hijab!!!

but how low and stupid can you get to post a picture from Malaysia or Indonesia to paint a picture of Iran?
Re: Islam And Marketing by MacDaddy01: 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
LagosShia:

we are proud of hijab!!!

but how low and stupid can you get to post a picture from Malaysia or Indonesia to paint a picture of Iran?

Who cares about hijab? If a woman wants to wear the Hijab, it is her choice. However, if a woman forgets or fails to wear it, she should not be caned.

It doesnt matter if the picture is from Somalia. The point is that the caning occurs in Iran also and it is applicable. The swimmer picture is iranian

(1) (Reply)

Mcdonald's Settles Islamic Diet Lawsuit / Quran Justifies The Bible / Who Can Explain This To Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.