Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment (13610 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
My people say a lawless state is one with no trespass. In this country of ours,criminals walk around even contesting for elective positions.Justice has been thrown into the toilet.Politicians indulge in corruptn,murders,thuggery,violence and no justice served.These are criminal cases.Slapping a lady is no less an assault and violating the lady's right but i dnt thnk the people supportn d MOG just because of his status are entirely right.In a society where there is law,many people should be behind bar now including your parents,brothers,you,politicians,pastors.The law is blind and has no respect of Anyone. As much as i believe the lady was unjustly treated by the Pastor's boasting,if the lady truly is what the MOG says,do you thnk she doesnt deserve the holy ghost slap. What if she has drank innocent blood? Well just my opinion
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
[/color]
FXKing2012:

[color=#006600]This lawyer wants to bring curses upon himself.

pls be quiet. That was how pastor king's church member kept quiet and he violated their women. All in the fear of God. God is watching us all
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by GboyegaD(m): 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
erniok: Those of you that believe that Barr bob wants to get justice for the girl needs to Have a rethink. He's only looking out for himself [fame and fortune]. Just imagine it was d poor girl and a lagos bus conductor.

Yes because the bishop gave him the ticket he needed to his fame and fortune. You truly cannot blame the guy because instead of the bishop to have admitted his fault, he supported his action as though he had a right despite him being covered.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by HyeBits: 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
erniok: @hye, he didn't behave like a bus conductor. Stop Jumping the gun and follow my logic. I'm looking at the lawyer's motive. Do u really believe he wad out to get justice? U tink legal fees won't be paid?
. You fail to reel out the logic in the acclaimed logic in your write-up. We are talking about trust here as the bottom-line, that which Oyedepo has shattered in the innocent girl. Don't scrutinize the lawyer motive Mr. but the motive of the pastor that will never accept such a treatment to his daughter but inflict on other's. God is just as the scriptures depict. Be objective.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by animasaun(m): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
in as much as i don't support the abuse of human right in any form, i strongly stand to lend my mind to the fact that this concerned lawyer is only interested in the financial gains associated to this case and not having concern for the lady in question. what then will you say of other men of God who has been using other means to cast out the spirit of witchcraft from the 'possessed' e.g using of broomsticks, chaining for seven days without water or/and food, recommending 21days fasting and prayers, spiritual bath by the riverside and so on and on, and nobody has come up with any litigation, so my question is why now, is it because the pastor in question can afford the cash? or because he is in charge of a large followers,or rather because the lawyer sees this as a case against a big shot or that he needs money?
Anyway, we are all watching and waiting
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by GboyegaD(m): 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
teminoni:

Bro, the pastor will not apologize for slapping the girl just like a doctor will not apologize for stabbing an injection in ur buttocks in order to inject drugs into your body.

The girl wasn't forced to come out for deliverance, but since she came out, if the pastor's method of deliverance is by slapping her, then she has to subject herself to the slap or she shudnt have come out in the first place.

You can't sue a doctor for slapping ur arm while trying to find a vein to inject medicine.

The lawyer is jst being silly and looking for ways 2 make money of the pastor.

I like your presentation here however, the doctor injecting you needle for treatment is legitimate and no abuse of right is in that but a pastor slapping you for what you say is totally illegal because you have the freedom of speech and that is what he abused. Anyways, I see what you are saying however, it is unfortunate such is not in our constitution and besides, he did not handle the situation right when people threw it to him that he was wrong. If he had explained in a subtle manner, I am so sure many would have let it pass but the way he handled it showed he had no remorse for abusing the girl's right.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by FXKing2012(m): 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
kkk17: [/color]

pls be quiet. That was how pastor king's church member kept quiet and he violated their women. All in the fear of God. God is watching us all

[color=#006600]This is not pastor king
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by mitobiju: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
d lawyer must get justice 4 d lady. Y would he slap someone nt even a man,a lddy 4 dat mata.he should be made 2 pay. RUBBISH
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nyce1: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
Why r all of u guys...particularly D moslems hypocritical about dis issue? Who has not done any thing wrong b4 in life? Let him or her keep been hypocritical.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by HyeBits: 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
animasaun: in as much as i don't support the abuse of human right in any form, i strongly stand to lend my mind to the fact that this concerned lawyer is only interested in the financial gains associated to this case and not having concern for the lady in question. what then will you say of other men of God who has been using other means to cast out the spirit of witchcraft from the 'possessed' e.g using of broomsticks, chaining for seven days without water or/and food, recommending 21days fasting and prayers, spiritual bath by the riverside and so on and on, and nobody has come up with any litigation, so my question is why now, is it because the pastor in question can afford the cash? or because he is in charge of a large followers,or rather because the lawyer sees this as a case against a big shot or that he needs money?
Anyway, we are all watching and waiting
Its all about his image in the society, his influence and trust given to him. This is corruption in the house of God. If we all stand to honour justice in whatever form it appears to us, I believe others will stop this abuse. Rev. King case will no doubt be a deterrent to others. We need model a just society.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by olayiwolaaims: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
alaoeri: Oyedepo should just accept that he don f!uck up make he give the lawyer small money that's what he's looking fȍr and the case should just be buried τ̲̅ȍ avoid bringing unnecessary hullabaloo afterall they are all doing business.
correct!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by HyeBits: 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nyce1: Why r all of u guys...particularly D moslems hypocritical about dis issue? Who has not done any thing wrong b4 in life? Let him or her keep been hypocritical.
Yes, we have all done wrong in life. Then we seek for God forgiveness instead of boasting about it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Realtym(f): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
Hye-Bits:

Kindly show us where the broom is used for flogging.
Guy are u 4 real grin grin grin grin
U gat muscle pull ina ya eyez or wat undecided Abeg try visit d nearest cele church around u, a 'trial' will surely convince u as ur lyf will neva remain d same grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by PetroG1: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
stagger: Stupid lawyer. What will he say about the househelp that laced the Ribena that I and my brother would have drunk in August 1981 with cyanide many years back and was sent to a remand home because she was only 15 years? I guess he should have sued my dad to court for nearly beating her to coma when it was found out.

Let us watch and see how this will end. My stand on this issue is clear: any self-professed witch whether child or adult should be chopped up in pieces with an axe, not just slapped. My own personal experience as a kid in the hands of one has cemented this.
Hmn.... what made you think the girl is a witch. your father was justified for what his actions and protecting the children, the gal as i heard and i quote that im a witch for Jesus. imagine how educated people like you think. If he slapped you as a church member will you have accepted it or return to that church. When we talk about leadership it takes alot. fine he is the richest pastor and one of the most influenced no doubt what happens to morals and talking the truth.
Why should she be slapped cos of a statement. was that the way he brought his children up? apart from that. She is a small girl and she came out innocently thinking that salvation is pain and molestation. she wanted to be redeemed.
Wont she prefer to keep quiet next time and do evil? all these things are things to be talked about and reason before we write things.
We need to use our head not our emotions and not our corrupt followership of rich and influened.
Im a christain and we dont need to talk about the anoited anyhow but please think!!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by HyeBits: 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
Realtym:
Guy are u 4 real grin grin grin grin
U gat muscle pull ina ya eyez or wat undecided Abeg try visit d nearest cele church around u, a 'trial' will surely convince u as ur lyf will neva remain d same grin grin grin
Like I said we need a case to serve as deterrent to others. Don't deny numerous case as this but the pastor made it worse for a show of no regard to the poor girl liberty.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by wysenas(m): 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
How i wish God can display d hearts of d so called men of God,leaders and Imam 4 us 2 see d evils there.its only in this part of d world that men are mini God.many of d so called men of God are not.only God Will save us.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by HyeBits: 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
wysenas: How i wish God can display d hearts of d so called men of God,leaders and Imam 4 us 2 see d evils there.its only in this part of d world that men are mini God.many of d so called men of God are not.only God Will save us.
Words on marble.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by tpapi: 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

What is the lawyer's business in all this? Why carry it on his head as if he was the one slapped by the bishop? Cant u see he's being used by the devil to distract worshipers? Tens of thousands of children get slapped everyday in Nigeria, why not go suing others? Why is it only Bishop Oyedepo that deserves to be sued?
d lawyer is basically doin his job - defendin his client n 2ndly dis case must nt jus die like dat becos d slap wz unique n special - inside a church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by iyeyemi: 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
I don't get the part where the lawyer decided to use a nickname in place of the plaintiff's real name...'Miss Justice?'...it's either he is not a very good lawyer or he is trying to lose the case on purpose
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by coolgb(m): 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
Where was the lawyer when an innocent girl was raped last year and d video was all over the internet, typical of all naija hungry lawyerz, opportunistz. As much as i dont want to take sides but let justice prevail.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by str8talk1: 4:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

This lawyer wants to bring curses upon himself.
check out hw dumb u think? are u GEJ broda?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by IdiAmin2(m): 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
Why is Oyedepo draging this issue.
The 2 billion is of course extravagant.
just settle out of court, offer between 50 and 100 million naira and I'm sure lawyer will accept.

And he does not even have to pay the money from his own personal account
There are enough mugus who will contribute that money in less than 48 hours, all he has to say is 'God told me...... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by tpapi: 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
teminoni:

Bro, the pastor will not apologize for slapping the girl just like a doctor will not apologize for stabbing an injection in ur buttocks in order to inject drugs into your body.

The girl wasn't forced to come out for deliverance, but since she came out, if the pastor's method of deliverance is by slapping her, then she has to subject herself to the slap or she shudnt have come out in the first place.

You can't sue a doctor for slapping ur arm while trying to find a vein to inject medicine.

The lawyer is jst being silly and looking for ways 2 make money of the pastor.
wz dat ow u were slapped 2 get u delivered
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by crackhaus: 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
I'm not trying to sound offensive here but it seems almost all commenting here have sentiments running thru their veins.
Some said "the lawyer just wants fame & money". Ok, but exactly hw do u know this? If una dey see into others mind, why haven't become as rich as Dangote?....
Now, some said "Bishop cannot be taken to court". Ok, but why exactly? Even Jesus whom he serves was judged, the judgement that brought our salvation. BISHOP OYEDIPO when summoned in court must appear & defend himself, he aint above that....
Again, some said "the witch-girl deserved her slap". Well ok, but by what law or custom was this made? Please remember that Jesus stopped people from throwing stones at a prostitute & even then, it was allowed! So pls take your statement back.
In summary, "... For there's joy in heaven over the repentance of one lost soul", wasn't this the purpose of the said deliverance service?
Please, y'all be objective in these kind of issues & remove all sentiments.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by espn(m): 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

What is the lawyer's business in all this? Why carry it on his head as if he was the one slapped by the bishop? Cant u see he's being used by the devil to distract worshipers? Tens of thousands of children get slapped everyday in Nigeria, why not go suing others? Why is it only Bishop Oyedepo that deserves to be sued?
buh wat biz of d pastor it is to slap a witch..tel me if d law allows physical assault on any1..den u say trash here..was dat nt hw pastor king burnt his members..sure he started wif slaps..buh no 1 complained until he burnt sum of his members..I wonder hw ppl fink..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by dekung(m): 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
Bishop Oyedepo fear so te he no show for court or is it arrogance that makes him think he shouldnt be in court? Why did he go ahead to engage a more expensive lawyer since he knows and believes he is doing Gods work? The bald headed con man knows if he is arraigned in court he would be asked questions in the dock and so that he wont be accused of lying (which he would do if arraigned) he asked his SAN lawyer to tell the court he had to be at the supreme court, bloody rogue. Rather than answer to the case he is busy contending court jurisdiction. Useless theif. He can run but he cannot hide. Those people claiming that people are being slapped everyday should know something: the fact that crimes are commited all the time does not make it right. When Naval rating beat up a lady in public glare we all rose up against the injustice. Now their MOG slaps a lady in public glare and their position sudenly changes. In this 21st century even convicted criminals have rights, animals have and so are confirmed witches. Stagger claimed his fathers housemaid tried to poison him and his bro but isnt this a different scenario? Did the lady Oyedepo slapped try to kill anyone? And dont give me the crap about spiritual killings because that line does not exist in our constitution. One question I would like to ask Oyedepo's supporters is would this bald headed vulture do that in civilised worlds like UK or US in if he allowed his emotions to get the best of him and he slaps what do you think would have been his fate? He would probably be rotting in jail now.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by ayomidefalaye(m): 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
Stop calling him MOG heaven didn't recognize oyedepo as pastor talkles of bishop lawyer go on. Whoever that support him will land in hellfire in Jesus name yeye bishop who ordain him as bishop oyedepo have rain curse on himseif
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by espn(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
dekung: Bishop Oyedepo fear so te he no show for court or is it arrogance that makes him think he shouldnt be in court? Why did he go ahead to engage a more expensive lawyer since he knows and believes he is doing Gods work? The bald headed con man knows if he is arraigned in court he would be asked questions in the dock and so that he wont be accused of lying (which he would do if arraigned) he asked his SAN lawyer to tell the court he had to be at the supreme court, bloody rogue. Rather than answer to the case he is busy contending court jurisdiction. Useless theif. He can run but he cannot hide. Those people claiming that people are being slapped everyday should know something: the fact that crimes are commited all the time does not make it right. When Naval rating beat up a lady in public glare we all rose up against the injustice. Now their MOG slaps a lady in public glare and their position sudenly changes. In this 21st century even convicted criminals have rights, animals have and so are confirmed witches. Stagger claimed his fathers housemaid tried to poison him and his bro but isnt this a different scenario? Did the lady Oyedepo slapped try to kill anyone? And dont give me the crap about spiritual killings because that line does not exist in our constitution. One question I would like to ask Oyedepo's supporters is would this bald headed vulture do that in civilised worlds like UK or US in if he allowed his emotions to get the best of him and he slaps what do you think would have been his fate? He would probably be rotting in jail now.
am sure d bible didn't ask u to slap witch..even terrorist r nt killed on sight..except during gun battle unless its been odawise stated!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by frond: 5:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

I am sorry for you guy. One has to stand for Injustice. If blacks in America thought this way, they would still be under the oppression of the whites. Habba, somebody slaps a lady in the public and you said he should not go unpunished because people come to his church? This is the reason why this kind attitude of the so call 'man of God' has been going on for a long time. I know one thing for sure. Irrespective of the judgment. This attitude would not repeat itself. Man of God will never strike again at least in the public. That is not the call of Chritians. Pray for your enemy is the teaching of the saviour. Cast out devil was what he said we should do not argue with the witches and brutalised innocent people. If the Bishop that lived in America before, knew he could not do it in the United States, why trying it in Nigeria. I know the answer, because he knew people like you would support him.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by ikoha: 5:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

you are so pathetic.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by espn(m): 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
tpapi: d lawyer is basically doin his job - defendin his client n 2ndly dis case must nt jus die like dat becos d slap wz unique n special - inside a church
even robbers wld hire lawyers even wen its clear he is guilty..so wat d hell r u sayn..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by espn(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
ikoha:

you are so pathetic.
if it was ur folks dat was slapped nd b accused of bin a witch..am sure u wld see dat as bin injustice..let him prove to d court she is a witch..=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) nt sure u do indept finking!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure / To All Atheist / Summerise The Bible In One Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.