Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? (1899 Views)

The Most Overrated African Women In Terms Of Beauty? / Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love / Many People Do Not Understand The Word Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Sapphiredamsel(f): 6:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
Whyy does d word "love" have no usefulness anymore.answers please because i av got my observations&reasons
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by emofine2(f): 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sorry do you mean the word "love" has no useful meaning anymore or no use anymore?
Either way I don’t believe that’s the case however I think it’s perhaps an overused word; carelessly and naively employed. Perhaps even a case of mistaken identity as regards to what to term actual feelings and so a feeling not really qualifying as “love” might have been misinterpreted as love thus love is blamed when it may have possibly been an imitation in its stead.

Sapphiredamsel: i av got my observations&reasons

I would like to hear some of your observation and reasons...
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Sapphiredamsel(f): 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2012
yeah,what i mean was dat d word 'love' is being overused &doesnt have d effects it ought to.earlier 2day,i got a call 4rm ma litu bro.mind u,he is just 17.he told me he loves a particular gurl.dis is d fifth tym he wi call 2tel m he loves a gurl-different gurls.what am i as a sister shud tell him 2do? Well,i said just two words;Be Careful....

My second observation is abt one of my nutty 'boifrnds' who claims gurls seem 2fall into his art of seduction weneva he tells them he loves them.

I wi appr8 if evry1 here cud tel m wat love means 2them.
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by claremont(m): 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2012
Here we go again. . .
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by emofine2(f): 10:40pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sapphiredamsel: yeah,what i mean was dat d word 'love' is being overused &doesnt have d effects it ought to.earlier 2day,i got a call 4rm ma litu bro.mind u,he is just 17.he told me he loves a particular gurl.dis is d fifth tym he wi call 2tel m he loves a gurl-different gurls.what am i as a sister shud tell him 2do? Well,i said just two words;Be Careful....

Do you think the word gets cheaper when it's used in the various relationships of the proclaimer?

claremont: Here we go again. . .

Lol...what do you expect from a Romance board tongue...it's a guaranteed theme of discussion.
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by MrsChima(f): 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2012
The right definition of love ISN'T OVERRATED...

Big difference.

1 Like

Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by koozy(m): 11:52pm On Jul 02, 2012
On this here forum, love is used wrongly. Folks here dunno what it is. Loving Niggas they only chat with online. Loving some random chic they spot from a distance. Funny people on here man
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Ranoscky(m): 2:14am On Jul 03, 2012
There is real love online, bro.
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by cindyrella(f): 7:50am On Jul 03, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Big difference.
#Gbam
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by LongOne1(m): 10:50am On Jul 03, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

So, what is the right definition? Your view is highly appreciated.

Sapphiredamsel: yeah,what i mean was dat d word 'love' is being overused &doesnt have d effects it ought to.earlier 2day,i got a call 4rm ma litu bro.mind u,he is just 17.he told me he loves a particular gurl.dis is d fifth tym he wi call 2tel m he loves a gurl-different gurls.what am i as a sister shud tell him 2do? Well,i said just two words;Be Careful....

It takes maturity to understand what love is, definitely not what one experiences during teenage years, I mean with raging hormones and all, more of infatuation in his case.

Sapphiredamsel:

I wi appr8 if evry1 here cud tel m wat love means 2them.

Love is all-encompassing, most importantly seeing someone for who they are, weaknesses, failings and all, yet still wanting to be with them.

1 Like

Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Mynd44: 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
So you are hanging your assumptions on your 17 year old brother?
Sad
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Sapphiredamsel(f): 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
wats sad abt dat.didnt u notice i gave 2examples among several odas.y picking on ma litu bro's aspect
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Gudintent: 6:20am On Jul 04, 2012
Sapphire I love you kiss
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Mynd44: 6:28am On Jul 04, 2012
Sapphiredamsel: wats sad abt dat.didnt u notice i gave 2examples among several odas.y picking on ma litu bro's aspect
You gave your brother's example and you were sure about it but you did not express the same level of certainty in the other example cos for all you and I know, the "boyfriend" might be lying
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Sapphiredamsel(f): 8:10am On Jul 05, 2012
gudintent,i love u 2
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Sapphiredamsel(f): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2012
@mynd_44:wateva o jawe
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Mynd44: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2012
Sapphiredamsel: @mynd_44:wateva o jawe
*hisses*
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by MrsChima(f): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2012
Long One:

So, what is the right definition? Your view is highly appreciated.

It takes maturity to understand what love is, definitely not what one experiences during teenage years, I mean with raging hormones and all, more of infatuation in his case.

Love is all-encompassing, most importantly seeing someone for who they are, weaknesses, failings and all, yet still wanting to be with them.

The love I am talking about is something many of you will never experience nor wouldn't know if it stuck to your arse. It is pure and wholesome.
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
underrated I think
Re: Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? by LongOne1(m): 11:49am On Jul 06, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

The love I am talking about is something many of you will never experience nor wouldn't know if it stuck to your arse. It is pure and wholesome.

Okay.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Given Up Searching / Be A Man!!! / Would You Classify These Nigerian Ladies As Wife Material??? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.