Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,212 members, 7,807,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Do you Remember Or Used This? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do you Remember Or Used This? (28675 Views)

If You Used This Olympic Exercise Book, Please Go And Marry (Photo) / Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Arnold1(m): 10:23am On Jul 06, 2012
Sweetlemon:
Holiday is coming 2x
no more morning bells,
no more teacher's whips,
goodbye teachers, goodbye scholars,
I am going to spend
my jolly holiday 2x

OMG! You guys are bringing back old memories...
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 06, 2012
My primary school back in early 80s, there was a day by day reading that goes like this...

Yesterday Bello was going to school
there was a lizard standing on a wall
the lizard said, Bello, Good morning, are you going to school?
Bello said, Good morning , yes I am.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by specialime: 10:26am On Jul 06, 2012
mehnnnnnnnnnn.... i dnt think children of these days are having such fun like we did.. wink wow..gud memories
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by suskumayaya(m): 10:26am On Jul 06, 2012
My memory of EXERCISE BOOK =
Ere x Ere
Remi koni iya
Segun Elere boolu
Odabo odabo kayode.
#Laughing in chinco*
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Euroclydon(m): 10:27am On Jul 06, 2012
I think I over- smiled wen I saw the pix.....nice one!
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by dacool1(m): 10:28am On Jul 06, 2012
BAMMZ: Ere X Ere Remi Co Ni Iya Segun Elere Bolu Odabo Odabo Kehinde. . . . . .
Dat was when i couldnt undastand a word in yoruba. So senseless now though grin
thats also my version
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Ishilove: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2012
chucky234: Hmmm,my first book in primary one after graduating from using slate in the 80s.
Love it so very much,the tables at the back were so very helpful and I still owe them many thank you.
Olodo rabata
Oju eja l 'o nmo je.
Ko ni lo we mo,
Silati lo ma lo.
Ore mi ki lo gba
Odo oloju kan,
Shikin shikin lo ma bi
Shior!!!! grin grin grin

Luckily for me my classmates never had to sing this humiliating song to me. I was at the top of the class tongue
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 06, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

I believe that the Nigerian fault line that brought in this new era was in the year 2000.. Thats when we left the Iron age and entered the I.T age..

Just as I have previously written, we can only assume a range of years and not a particular point in time.
Moreso, I think we still rely on borrowed technology.

@Op, I remember our school banning table soccer in school because all the desk were filled with skeches of players and 'field'.

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Ishilove: 10:39am On Jul 06, 2012
clemmonce: did people actually use slate to write in those days ?
You must be very young.

We used it in playgroup (kindergaten), nursery 1-3 and primary one. Then we graduated to pencil and the notebook you are seeing in primary 2
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Ishilove: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2012
D.pinaku:
You also have at the back cover
Thirty days has September
April, June and November...

Nolstagia...
That was when we would recite
'The groundnut' boy poem.
Do you know the groundnut boy
The grounboy 2x
Do you know the groundnut boy who lived in our compound

The period when the fear of 'gbomogbomo' was the beginning of wisdom

The period when we would run away from school to avoid being vaccinated

The period when chocomilo, robo robo, dankwa, condense and the likes were still in vogue.
The period when some macho guys would come to our primary school to display their strenght.(We actually pay to watch them)
They would carry a student up with their teeth(Really weird)
Tie a rope to a car and pull the rope
Lie on the ground with Planks placed on them and somebody will then drive a car on them

The period when we would go hunting for abutata and bees.
*#SoMuchToTell#*
You forgot to mention "alabombom" grin
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2012
D.pinaku:

Just as I have previously written, we can only assume a range of years and not a particular point in time.
Moreso, I think we still rely on borrowed technology.

@Op, I remember our school banning table soccer in school because all the desk were filled with skeches of players and 'field'.

In Nigerias case, there is a very visible faultline..

1999/2000 - 2000/2001 brought in the following;

. I.T.. This was about the time when Information Technology beacme hot. Everyone wanted to own an E-mail address and the era of 'love letters' sank.. Also brought in the GSM era, so everyone was now withing reach of everyone as against the days when to get a letter to your babe in edo from Lagos, you had to write it (and maybe get a friend with a nice writing to re-write it for you), spray your perfume on the letter, parcel it and get it to a bus driver at a park who will in turn deliver your msg for you at a cost..

. The Introduction of NECO... This era saw the death of GCE.. I still remember the mass success of the first NECO examination..

. It was about this period that the demise of all the small companies that specialized in making snacks for children died out.. Thats referring to Nasco Wafers, 'Chi-chi sweets', Goody-goody, and co..

. This era brought about a rise in lower Middle class - Upper middle class so things like Private schooling increased, chuffeured kids increased and househelps..

. This era also saw a decline in school discipline as most schools abolished the use of canes as a form of punishment and also in the secndary schools, the powersof the senior students were also reduced to almost nothing..

. This era brought us the Video Games like Super Nintendo (Snes), Play Stations, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Color, e.t.c and killed off Brick games, left & right and Ataris and co.. This also killed off street games like rolling tyres, street football, police and thief, rubber band games, Lizard huntings, Shooting of catapults, riding of bicycles, 'early morning peppersoup game', etc
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:49am On Jul 06, 2012
donigspain: Sweet Memories:
PRI 1 - I was appointed the class monitor simply bcuz I lifted HALF block.
PRI 2 - Recognized by the HEADMASTER for conducting a solo 'sting' operation which led to the STATE expulsion of an ogbanje dude in my school.
PRI 3 - I was tortured by a macho dude in my class for exposing his after-school profession which is grinding pepper in the market.
PRI 4 - I was given a BLACK EYE by a much smaller troublesome dude in my class. My class gals had to press d eye wit ice blocks and rubb.
PRI 5 - I stayed back at school crying until it got dark cuz I came 2nd in a class of about 50. My 1st time of leaving 1st position.
PRI 6 - Became the overall school MONITOR (Head Boy) and finally reclaimed my 1st position from Isani Ogwo. That guy terrorised me academically.
You must have been a troublesome, little genius!
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by sansom1(m): 10:51am On Jul 06, 2012
grincheesycheesycheesy,I really remember d note book. Education ws even better by den.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ceaser: 10:54am On Jul 06, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: yes ke. mo lo mona kai
Lol.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:54am On Jul 06, 2012
grin grin
Ishilove:
Olodo rabata
Oju eja l 'o nmo je.
Ko ni lo we mo,
Silati lo ma lo.
Ore mi ki lo gba
Odo oloju kan,
Shikin shikin lo ma bi
Shior!!!! grin grin grin

Luckily for me my classmates never had to sing this humiliating song to me. I was at the top of the class tongue

cheesy meeeeeeeeeeeeeem! I used to sing this with so much excitement esp if the person was someone I didnt like (a bully) thank God they never sang it to me

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ceaser: 10:59am On Jul 06, 2012
donigspain: Sweet Memories:
PRI 1 - I was appointed the class monitor simply bcuz I lifted HALF block.
PRI 2 - Recognized by the HEADMASTER for conducting a solo 'sting' operation which led to the STATE expulsion of an ogbanje dude in my school.
PRI 3 - I was tortured by a macho dude in my class for exposing his after-school profession which is grinding pepper in the market.
PRI 4 - I was given a BLACK EYE by a much smaller troublesome dude in my class. My class gals had to press d eye wit ice blocks and rubb.
PRI 5 - I stayed back at school crying until it got dark cuz I came 2nd in a class of about 50. My 1st time of leaving 1st position.
PRI 6 - Became the overall school MONITOR (Head Boy) and finally reclaimed my 1st position from Isani Ogwo. That guy terrorised me academically.
Why does this life cycle sound So much like presido Jonathan (GEJ) own? Just saying.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by vickydave(f): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2012
CLASSMAN: ede times ede
remy koni iya
odabo odabo kayode
lol
exercise book= ede times ede rice customer i see ede beans oloko oloko kain ... i stil recite dis uptil date nd it makes me knw d spellin of ''exercise book'' wink
CLASSMAN: ede times ede
remy koni iya
odabo odabo kayode
lol
exercise book= ede times ede rice customer i see ede beans oloko oloko kain ... i stil recite dis uptil date nd it makes me knw d spellin of ''exercise book''
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ceaser: 11:06am On Jul 06, 2012
lomzy1: Hmmm sweet memories.. Does anyone remember any of these:

Alawiye by j.f odunjo (iwe yoruba)

Family living (a subject in primary sch)

And there was this leave we used to grind to paint d blackboard black!!

Felele ball, wembley 5 ball

Match pass with a guy rolling stick in front

They used to tell us to bring brooms to school then and u will be scored based on how big ur broom was!! Most dull students used to get good marks then cos it was a big opportunity for them.

Goody goody, ekanna gowon, tree top, gala of dos days....

Pls add more guys... Bring back d memories

Kai. Walahi, I don talk am say before my pikin enter any primary school, I go first ask if dem get Alawiye as part of dem curriculum. If not, I either as a PTA member force 'em to include it or move my child/ward forward to another school with better future and much better and sensible curriculum. Lol.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by amaechijay: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2012
Heeey! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Makes me remember:-

10 millimetres makes 1 centimetre
10 centimetres makes 1 decimetre
10 decimetres make 1 metre
10 metres make 1 decametre
10 decametres make 1 hectometre
10 hectometres make 1 kilometre

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by PatKing(f): 11:10am On Jul 06, 2012
We were told it is a tied devil that is waiting to unleash terror on earth, as we were in the last days. We were scared of the book.... LOL
we only buy it when it is the only option.
Am so old now, after seeing the book.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by adeshsam(m): 11:10am On Jul 06, 2012
Lol... back in d days... always tear my exercise book in skool. lmao
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Chinom(m): 11:12am On Jul 06, 2012
strangest:
The picture is Emmanuel Ifeajuna when he earned for himself the honour of being the first black African to win a gold medal when he won the high jump in Canada at the Commonwealth Games in 1954.

Valuable info. I never knew that. This excercise book really brought back sweet memories. I really miss ENUGU right now. WTC primary school. Thanks for this post.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Chinom(m): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2012
uzomagic: If you used this, you probably also ate Okin Biscuits and drank three top drink #goodolddays

You still be small pikin if you ate okin. The real old school biscuits was CABIN. One tasteless, dried up stuff. For some special treat one could get Crackers. Life was pretty simple then. Why all the stress now?.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by TalkingBird: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2012
2x2 4
2x3 6
2x4 8
2x5 10
2x6 12
2x7 14
2x8 16
2x9 18
2x10 and 20
2x11 and 22
2x12 and 24 000000000r!

sweet old days
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by lolaluv1(f): 11:19am On Jul 06, 2012
That book stuck pity/other emotions I couldn't decipher in my little heart. I frequently wondered why he was tied up and his feet cut off.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by TalkingBird: 11:20am On Jul 06, 2012
Chinom:

You still be small pikin if you ate okin. The real old school biscuits was CABIN. One tasteless, dried up stuff. For some special treat one could get Crackers. Life was pretty simple then. Why all the stress now?.

Real HARD CABIN

not what we have today.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by aryzgreat: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2012
i remember my macmillian english book then about KONKI AND BINTU! grin
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by jackima: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2012
ibon ni awon ojo wonnii..
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by mickyman(m): 11:31am On Jul 06, 2012
hmm.... Reminds me of d good old days
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:39am On Jul 06, 2012
beeola: 30 days has september
,april junne n november
all the rest ve 31days
except feb whch has errrr
i don forget the remaining
30 days have September
April, June and November
All the rest have 31
Except February alone
Which has 28 days but 29 days in each leap year.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by bjbonafide(m): 11:46am On Jul 06, 2012
Wow! this brings back memories of the late 80s' and early 90s'.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2012
Ejiné: I remember when I used to recieve hot punishments for tearing out the leaves of my exercise books and using them to draw "action feems".

De actor and de 'bose'

cry

Mrs. Njemanze was such a mean biyotch.

Wow! I did that too. Actor and bose drawing. When I got tired of being flogged for tearing my books, I saved money and bought a new notebook, specially for my comics. Good days they were.

Nowadays instead of multiplication tables and conversion tables, what we see at the back of notebooks are d'banj, p-square, C ronaldo, Messi, etc. No wonder education is dead in naija.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Outrage As Teacher Attacks Little Girl In Class, Hits Her On The Head / UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) / I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.