Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October (5020 Views)

2019: Aggrieved APC, PDP Leaders Begin Merger Talks / Fg To Finalise Privatization Of Pipelines / 2015: Tinubu Meets Buhari To Begin ACN-CPC Merger Talks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by ambrosini593(m): 6:06am On Jul 03, 2012
The ongoing alliance talks between the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN,)and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) will be finalised by October, Thisday learnt on Monday.A source involved in the talks said contrary to speculations that the talks had started considering the likely pairing of candidates ahead of the 2015 Presidential election. The two parties are basically engaged in confidence-building measures that would culminate in an enduring deal between them.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/acn-cpc-to-finalise-merger-talks-october/119216/
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by warrior01: 6:23am On Jul 03, 2012
God have mercy. Is this what bakare meant by saying 'darkness will envelope the nation by october. So, south western part of the country should be ready to welcome boko haram bombings by october and make the country totally ungovernable? It is now crystal clear that all these rhetorics about Gej is just about power grab and never about good governance

2 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Clerverly: 10:08am On Jul 03, 2012
warrior01: God have mercy. Is this what bakare meant by saying 'darkness will envelope the nation by october. So, south western part of the country should be ready to welcome boko haram bombings by october and make the country totally ungovernable? It is now crystal clear that all these rhetorics about Gej is just about power grab and never :-Xabout good governance
One of the 30 Laptops El rufai was reffering to. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by inspirenet: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2012
warrior01: God have mercy. Is this what bakare meant by saying 'darkness will envelope the nation by october. So, south western part of the country should be ready to welcome boko haram bombings by october and make the country totally ungovernable? It is now crystal clear that all these rhetorics about Gej is just about power grab and never about good governance
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Leyelyzo: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2012
Clerverly:

lol....are you indirectly infering that 'warrior' is a laptop refered to by El rufai?
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by cdoffx(m): 10:29am On Jul 03, 2012
God have mercy because this might just be an invitation of trouble to the southwest.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Boyoorisha: 10:30am On Jul 03, 2012
warrior01: God have mercy. Is this what bakare meant by saying 'darkness will envelope the nation by october. So, south western part of the country should be ready to welcome boko haram bombings by october and make the country totally ungovernable? It is now crystal clear that all these rhetorics about Gej is just about power grab and never about good governance
Say something else!
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by jmaine: 10:35am On Jul 03, 2012
I wish them Goodluck in their merger talks grin . . . .

2 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by jude33084(m): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2012
I was told that Adams attended the meeting that is why GEJ is nt happy with him; feeling betrayed by Adams tongue
PoLiTics----the More You lOok the LEsS yoU ☻☺
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2012
Merger my foot .
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by aljharem(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2012
People people, stop being pessimistic. At least let them talk and we would see what the merger entails. If it is likes of Tinubu and Buhari they would present then they know they have lost. If it is likes of Fashola, Oshomoile and Roachas they are talking about, then I believe we should give ACN/CPC a chance.

There is no point voting for someone from your ethnicity if he is not improve your life and the lifes of Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Gbawe: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2012
cdoffx: God have mercy because this might just be an invitation of trouble to the southwest.

Are the ACN and CPC not duly registered Nigerian Parties? If your answer is yes, then why can you not acknowledge that they are indeed allowed to merge without emotion-based and distastefully biased scaremongering? You guys can keep deceiving yourselves about the CPC.

Nigerians who don't lie to themselves know the Party currently embracing terrorism as a tool to fight others. Your President admitted that boko Haram has infiltrated all levels of his Government. You will need to tell us how many CPC politicians are in GEJ's Government, sitting with him at FEC meetings, "dipping their hands" and eating with him, etc, etc. It really is tiring that Nigerians are such emotional creatures who can continue to shout that they see "A" ridiculously when it is only "B" starring at them.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by lacasa: 10:53am On Jul 03, 2012

"all these rhetorics about Gej is just about power grab anϑ never about good governance"

i guess Ʊ r ϑ type †ђªt voted "Gej anϑ not Pdp"

#dumb post

1 Like

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by zakiyyu(m): 10:54am On Jul 03, 2012
Hmmm! Naija politics....
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by lacasa: 10:56am On Jul 03, 2012
Even if it is Apga anϑ Lp merging, no lele

As long as they achieve the removal of the "vampire party" PDP. i am game

CPC/ACN carry go jare! God help una cool

4 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by ochiaha1(m): 11:06am On Jul 03, 2012
This has always been in the pipeline for opposition parties in Nigeria, who are always trying to form a coalition party to unseat the ruling party in office. sad

Remember the second republic,UPN/NPP/GNPP/PRP against NPN, the party in government. The opposition failed to agree to a common Presidential candidate and the ruling NPN party then won with a moonslide margin of votes.

In this current 4th Republic, at the 2011 General elections, CPC and AC, the opposition parties failed to produce a common Presidential candidate and were trounced by the PDP, the ruling party in office.

Now, for year 2015, we are hearing the same cacophony of noise about presenting a joint Presidential candidate, but at the end of the day, they will agree to disagree on this issue.

The above is one of the most cogent reason why the ruling party in Nigeria continue to treat the masses with disdain and apathy because the masses have no alternative to the ruling party !!!

Compare the above situation to the present political coalition in Great Britain, where the Conservative Party formed a coalition with the Liberal Democratic Party to unseat the Labour Government of Mr Gordon Brown and you will start to ask yourself, 'when are we going to have such politically savvy politicians in oppostion, who can reach agreeable compromise to wrest power from an inept party in Power?'
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Gbawe: 11:09am On Jul 03, 2012
lacasa: Even if it is Apga anϑ Lp merging, no lele

As long as they achieve the removal of the "vampire party" PDP. i am game

CPC/ACN carry go jare! God help una cool

This is the fear gripping the blind and myopic supporters of GEJ who have now become PDP backers by default. They will not confess to that fear. Instead they will distractingly malign individuals (even done on NL) and make scaremongering statements most folks must view with amusement because of how it defies the truth on the ground.

What, for example, is the point of continuing to tag the CPC with terrorist infamy when most Nigerians, by now, know the truth concerning the "nest of killers"?

3 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by CuteTj(m): 11:22am On Jul 03, 2012
Im sure PDP's y.a.n.s.h is hot right now because of this piece of news. Nigeria hasn't moved forward since 1999 till date under the leadership of PDP. For this reason, they should be unseated. This merger will usher in a new era of genuine fresh air and not GEJ/PDP's fake fresh air.

2 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 03, 2012
Buhari/el-rufa/CPC are frontliners in tribalism, religious bigotry and a secret die-hard supporters and financiers of boko haram. ACN is gradually islamizing the southwest....check out all ACN states, muslims have dominated near all. From party executives to the state executives, senators, rep. members, assembly members, local govt chairmen to mention few. So ACN/CPC alliance is a calculated attempt to islamize nigeria. As for el rufai, he is a disgrace. Was he not part of the PDP govt? Was he not guning for presidency under PDP. He is an opportunist and a lousy traitor. let see how the merger will go and comr to think of it they are even planning a muslim/muslim ticket......jokers
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Gbawe: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2012
Dr Raymond: Buhari/el-rufa/CPC are frontliners in tribalism, religious bigotry and a secret die-hard supporters and financiers of boko haram. ACN is gradually islamizing the southwest....check out all ACN states, muslims have dominated near all. From party executives to the state executives, senators, rep. members, assembly members, local govt chairmen to mention few. So ACN/CPC alliance is a calculated attempt to islamize nigeria. As for el rufai, he is a disgrace. Was he not part of the PDP govt? Was he not guning for presidency under PDP. He is an opportunist and a lousy traitor. let see how the merger will go and comr to think of it they are even planning a muslim/muslim ticket......jokers

Has anyone in the SW complained to you? You won't find many in the SW who care about the religious practices of leaders. Rather, it is the performance of leaders that matter. You cannot invoke any fear of "Islamization" amongst a people secure in themselves and coexisting in tolerance.

4 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by saipn: 11:45am On Jul 03, 2012
Gbawe leave dr raymond alone let him continue to post is baseless observation.who cares if it is muslim-muslim ticket?as far they can deliver what the citizen want it is ok by me

2 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by saipn: 11:45am On Jul 03, 2012
Gbawe leave dr raymond alone let him continue to post is baseless observation.who cares if it is muslim-muslim ticket?as far they can deliver what the citizen want it is ok by me .
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by jmaine: 11:58am On Jul 03, 2012
Coming from the blind cynic anti GEJ mob by default ==== > Afraid is indeed catching GEJ supporters . . .lol . . .

I seriously want this merger to happen . .so that we get to see real competition come 2015 . . . .No point in unnecessary bleating . . . .2015 is coming soon

I still wish them Goodluck in their merger talks cool

1 Like

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by greall1: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
What is your probelm If south west marger with c p c
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by aljharem(m): 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dr Raymond: Buhari/el-rufa/CPC are frontliners in tribalism, religious bigotry and a secret die-hard supporters and financiers of boko haram. ACN is gradually islamizing the southwest....check out all ACN states, muslims have dominated near all. From party executives to the state executives, senators, rep. members, assembly members, local govt chairmen to mention few. So ACN/CPC alliance is a calculated attempt to islamize nigeria. As for el rufai, he is a disgrace. Was he not part of the PDP govt? Was he not guning for presidency under PDP. He is an opportunist and a lousy traitor. let see how the merger will go and comr to think of it they are even planning a muslim/muslim ticket......jokers

I can't believe this. LOL grin grin grin grin

You people are scared of Islamization of the SW but the SWerners are NOT COMPLAINING. !!!

grin grin grin grin Nigerians and there funny mentality.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by warrior01: 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
Clerverly:
never knew that's what ur family is known for.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by aljharem(m): 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Has anyone in the SW complained to you? You won't find many in the SW who care about the religious practices of leaders. Rather, it is the performance of leaders that matter. You cannot invoke any fear of "Islamization" amongst a people secure in themselves and coexisting in tolerance.

Thank you my brother !!!

Most of these people need to know what they call religious tolerance.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by samkoro: 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
Its now easy for PDP to Win in Lagos .Boko CPC will losswherever and however.I withdraw my support for action congress
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by samkoro: 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
alj harem:

I can't believe this. LOL grin grin grin grin

You people are scared of Islamization of the SW but the SWerners are NOT COMPLAINING. !!!

grin grin grin grin Nigerians and there funny mentality.

Wether they complain or not,just watch out.Do not talk much.Religion and ethnicity is a strong factor especialy the Bokoharam factor.I voted Action congress but I will not this time.If Action congress is wise they should avoid Bokoharam directly or indirectly,but its unfortunate that they have given PDP a good mouth for propaganda

1 Like

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by kokoA(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
the way some people reason sha.. Smh.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by aljharem(m): 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
samkoro:

Wether they complain or not,just watch out.Do not talk much.Religion and ethnicity is a strong factor especialy the Bokoharam factor.I voted Action congress but I will not this time.If Action congress is wise they should avoid Bokoharam directly or indirectly,but its unfortunate that they have given PDP a good mouth for propaganda

My brother, the closest thing to boko haram now is PDP. I am not wise but I know that PDP and boko haram connection is glaring.

How have they given PDP a good mouth for propaganda ?
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by texazzpete(m): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
samkoro: Its now easy for PDP to Win in Lagos .Boko CPC will losswherever and however.I withdraw my support for action congress

Oh no!! How will ACN win anything without your considerable support, Mr..

Erm, who are you again?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Where Jonathan Was Spotted Shortly After Meeting Buhari (photos) / See What Fulani Herdsmen Did To My Friend's Farm In Ogoja (PICTURES) / Caption Gej's Demeanour In A Picture Posted By Senator Dino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.