Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. (3562 Views)

My Girlfriend's Mother Is Pregnant For Me; But It's Not My Fault / My Girlfriend’s Mother Is Pregnant For Me; But It’s Not My Fault! / My Student Girlfriend Hardly Calls Me But Claims To Love Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 03, 2012
I'm not married to this girl,but she's the one i intend marrying.the mum got to know about me,when my girl was down with malaria,and i went visiting.since then she calls me every other day,and i feel she's too involved in the relationship.if i didnt call her for sometimes,she would call me,asking about my welfare,etc..pls note,the girl in question is the only child..my fear now is,wont she be the domineering mother-in-law,and what impact her interferance will be on our relationship,and the girl in question?pls note that attimes,she sends gifts,i.e foodstuffs,beverages to me,and i dont like it a bit,i cant turn them down,coz i dont want to hurt my girl,how can i stop all this.i am CONFUSED.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Ranoscky(m): 7:39am On Jul 03, 2012
Tell it to ur gf. Ask her to "indirectly" talk to her mom about it.
Na wa for som moda inlaws dem sef o! Well, somehow, maybe she dey enjoy ur swagg, lol.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by rockafela(m): 8:01am On Jul 03, 2012
She may have no interior motive for such actions, from your post u said ur gf is her only child & frm what I observed she's only trying to protect the interest of her only daughter, she doesn't want you to hurt or brk her heart dats why she's trying to keep u close...I know of such cases..juz Bє smart and keep ur cool headed way, I bet she really like ur type for her daughter, goodluck
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Lexusgs430: 9:00am On Jul 03, 2012
Is it a crime for a mother to love and care for the guy sleeping with her only daughter? (out of wedlock)

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2012
rockafela: She may have no interior motive for such actions, from your post u said ur gf is her only child & frm what I observed she's only trying to protect the interest of her only daughter, she doesn't want you to hurt or brk her heart dats why she's trying to keep u close...I know of such cases..juz Bє smart and keep ur cool headed way, I bet she really like ur type for her daughter, goodluck
thanks 4ur advice,i just dont want a domintating mother-in-law,and i dont want her to feel she has her mother's backing when doing somtins.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 03, 2012
Lexusgs430: Is it a crime for a mother to love and care for the guy sleeping with her only daughter? (out of wedlock)
lol,u get bad mouth,thanks sha.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by JojoArmani(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2012
the girl in question is the only
child.
de woman feels dat u re gud for her daughter.shikina.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by rockafela(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2012
Yomieluv: thanks 4ur advice,i just dont want a domintating mother-in-law,and i dont want her to feel she has her mother's backing when doing somtins.
Yeah dats why I said u shuld Bє smart and observant..thumb up man
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by koozy(m): 11:03am On Jul 03, 2012
This is a typical case of when being nice becomes irritating.

Tell your girl to talk to her. Cos reality is overbearing "niceness" is quite repulsive and can drive you away
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by LordReed(m): 11:22am On Jul 03, 2012
Yomieluv: I'm not married to this girl,but she's the one i intend marrying.the mum got to know about me,when my girl was down with malaria,and i went visiting.since then she calls me every other day,and i feel she's too involved in the relationship.if i didnt call her for sometimes,she would call me,asking about my welfare,etc..pls note,the girl in question is the only child..my fear now is,wont she be the domineering mother-in-law,and what impact her interferance will be on our relationship,and the girl in question?pls note that attimes,she sends gifts,i.e foodstuffs,beverages to me,and i dont like it a bit,i cant turn them down,coz i dont want to hurt my girl,how can i stop all this.i am CONFUSED.

Until you are married you cannot directly confront her about any perceived interference in your relationship.

Your discomfort for me is based on reasons that have no substance at the moment. You have not indicated that she has tried in anyway to direct the affairs of your relationship. Asking about your welfare has no "evil" undertones so stop fretting and enjoy your relationship.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Theben(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2012
OP, i think you should be happy with the way she's treating you, obviously she's trying to protect the interest of her only daughter or perhaps she believes you are a good guy and would be best if she keeps in touch so you would not have the gut to dump her daughter. Just try and enjoy her attention while it last. However, if you think she's going too far,you also have the right to tell her daughter how you feel.
But pls try and trash out any form of insinuation that she desires you intimately, cos you are 90% likely to be wrong. Even though you did not mention a thing like that in your post a wise man can easily infer from this
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by donbuchi1(m): 11:39am On Jul 03, 2012
If you are truly 100% into the r/ship and the girl in question. Her mother's attitude should be a blessing and an assurance from the girl and family point of views. It goes to show that she speaks so highly of you and u have being welcomed and accepted.
All you need to do is to decide on the next line of action. Marrying the girl? PEACE
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2012
Yomieluv: I'm not married to this girl,but she's the one i intend marrying.the mum got to know about me,when my girl was down with malaria,and i went visiting.since then she calls me every other day,and i feel she's too involved in the relationship.if i didnt call her for sometimes,she would call me,asking about my welfare,etc..pls note,the girl in question is the only child..my fear now is,wont she be the domineering mother-in-law,and what impact her interferance will be on our relationship,and the girl in question?pls note that attimes,she sends gifts,i.e foodstuffs,beverages to me,and i dont like it a bit,i cant turn them down,coz i dont want to hurt my girl,how can i stop all this.i am CONFUSED.

the woman likes u, and wants u to shagg her, just look for d perfect opportunity to strike
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2012
I think i'm the one fretting all along.thumb up 4d candid advice.i think i'm ok now.i'm just preventing a situation i've to swallow s.hit from her,cos of her being nice,humans attimes can remind som1 of his past,when u want to make some decisions in life.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by apache77(m): 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
u should count yourself lucky naa..i once had a girl whose mother was like that and i was darn uncomfortable. if i handnt called my girl by 11am on anyday, next thing- the mpther will call and go like- why havent you called lucille today? if i was too busy and couldnt come up with the work excuse and mistakenly said i didnt have credit, dat was why- next thing is, i'l see N1500 credit on my fone with an admonition - call her now.
I checked everything then withdrew
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
don buchi: If you are truly 100% into the r/ship and the girl in question. Her mother's attitude should be a blessing and an assurance from the girl and family point of views. It goes to show that she speaks so highly of you and u have being welcomed and accepted.
All you need to do is to decide on the next line of action. Marrying the girl? PEACE
by God's grace,other things being equal,i'll soon invite u to the WEDDING.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
apache77: u should count yourself lucky naa..i once had a girl whose mother was like that and i was darn uncomfortable. if i handnt called my girl by 11am on anyday, next thing- the mpther will call and go like- why havent you called lucille today? if i was too busy and couldnt come up with the work excuse and mistakenly said i didnt have credit, dat was why- next thing is, i'l see N1500 credit on my fone with an admonition - call her now.
I checked everything then withdrew
why did u withdraw?tell us what happened.i'm really interested to know.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by maclatunji: 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2012

There is no reason for you to be unduly worried. This is what is happening: The girl's mother sees real potential in you to be a good husband for her daughter and in her mind she is trying to convince you with her actions that she has accepted you and that you should look no further and shouldn't even think of abandoning her princess.

Of course, you feel stifled and want to have some freedom. However, I think you should just enjoy it whilst it lasts since you say you want to marry the girl. If you feel the attention is too much, just talk the girl about it in a mature manner tell her you appreciate what she and mother do for you but you feel that they can relax a little.

May I ask what is keeping you from marrying the girl? In my opinion, it is better to have in-laws that love and value you than to have those that despise you. Don't despise what other people are dying to have- the acceptance of the family of the one they love.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
maclatunji:

There is no reason for you to be unduly worried. This is what is happening: The girl's mother sees real potential in you to be a good husband for her daughter and in her mind she is trying to convince you with her actions that she has accepted you and that you should look no further and shouldn't even think of abandoning her princess.

Of course, you feel stifled and want to have some freedom. However, I think you should just enjoy it whilst it lasts since you say you want to marry the girl. If you feel the attention is too much, just talk the girl about it in a mature manner tell her you appreciate what she and mother do for you but you feel that they can relax a little.

May I ask what is keeping you from marrying the girl? In my opinion, it is better to have in-laws that love and value you than to have those that despise you. Don't despise what other people are dying to have- the acceptance of the family of the one they love.
true talk,thanks bro.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mother Calls Me Too Often,and Making Me Uncomfortable. by Mynd44: 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
Talk to your girl about it. Tell her how uncomfortable it is making you

(1) (Reply)

Am I Still A Virgin? / Ten Things Parents Do When They Discover Their Children Are No Longer Virgins / What Will You Be Doing This Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.