Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- (1895 Views)

Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / Jesus Did Not Die To Forgive You Of Your Sins / Jesus Did Not Die For Everybody. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ea7(m): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2012
Contrary to the popular christard claim, jesus did not die for you, at most he had a bad weekend for you.
When someone makes a sacrifice, it becomes a sham if what is sacrificed is returned or multiplied a la godhood with prior knowledge of the one giving the 'sacrifice' . so. jesus did not die for you, he was mildly inconvenienced for you.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by emofine2(f): 11:31am On Jul 03, 2012
I agree. And if we are to follow this exaggerated claim it would be more specific to say he died only temporarily and even had foreknowledge of his alleged resurrection...so who knows if that had a part to play in his willingness to be allegedly sacrificed. However I question this type of redemption that needed centuries to spread all over the earth where even up until today there are some groups of people in rural places that are oblivious to this supposed urgent redemption.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by buzugee(m): 11:35am On Jul 03, 2012
ea7 where yo punk azz been hidin at ?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by logicboy01: 11:35am On Jul 03, 2012
Actually, the stars died for us;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylOXgWD_P0g
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ea7(m): 11:40am On Jul 03, 2012
buzugee: ea7 where yo punk azz been hidin at ?
All nigerians are familiar with the waec/neco/jamb triple threat of this season. I've been acing them
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by DeepSight(m): 11:40am On Jul 03, 2012
emöfine2: I agree. And if we are to follow this exaggerated claim it would be more specific to say he died only temporarily and even had foreknowledge of his alleged resurrection...so who knows if that had a part to play in his willingness to be allegedly sacrificed. However I question this type of redemption that needed centuries to spread all over the earth where even up until today there are some groups of people in rural places that are oblivious to this supposed urgent redemption.

Good questions!
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by buzugee(m): 11:41am On Jul 03, 2012
ea7:
All nigerians are familiar with the waec/neco/jamb triple threat of this season. I've been acing them
you dont say
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ea7(m): 11:44am On Jul 03, 2012
@buzudick you asked... #out for a few
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by buzugee(m): 11:46am On Jul 03, 2012
ea7: @buzudick you asked... #out for a few
yeah make sure you lift the toilet seat up too
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ajufinz(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
emöfine2: I agree. And if we are to follow this exaggerated claim it would be more specific to say he died only temporarily and even had foreknowledge of his alleged resurrection...so who knows if that had a part to play in his willingness to be allegedly sacrificed. However I question this type of redemption that needed centuries to spread all over the earth where even up until today there are some groups of people in rural places that are oblivious to this supposed urgent redemption.

You sound well read and highly opinionated. Your position here is really throught provoking too.
Perhaps you can help yourself and many others who may have been carelessly quiet about this, by asking Jesus Himself...
Try it!
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Ptolomeus(m): 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
ajufinz:

You sound well read and highly opinionated. Your position here is really though provoking too.
Perhaps you can help yourself and many others who may have been carelessly quiet about this, by asking Jesus Himself...
Try it!

Why instead of writing nonsense like that you do not help develop the thread?
Why not bring items on this subject?
Why you instead of TRY to be rational and polite, invite others to prove that they are not interested?
Please be respectful, and think before you write.
TRY IT!
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ajufinz(m): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Why instead of writing nonsense like that you do not help develop the thread?
Why not bring items on this subject?
Why you instead of TRY to be rational and polite, invite others to prove that they are not interested?
Please be respectful, and think before you write.
TRY IT!

Noted! Sir!
Thinking mode...
Activating....
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ea7(m): 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
ajufinz:

Noted! Sir!
Thinking mode...
Activating....
Well?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
ea7: Contrary to the popular christard claim, jesus did not die for you, at most he had a bad weekend for you.
When someone makes a sacrifice, it becomes a sham if what is sacrificed is returned or multiplied a la godhood with prior knowledge of the one giving the 'sacrifice' . so. jesus did not die for you, he was mildly inconvenienced for you.

and this conclusion was reached based on what premise?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ea7(m): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
davidylan:

and this conclusion was reached based on what premise?
How can someone so objectively cute be so objectively dense (no homo)
Everyone reading this thread seem to have gotten the idea
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
ea7: How can someone so objectively cute be so objectively dense (no homo)
Everyone reading this thread seem to have gotten the idea

Really? Perhaps you should open your eyes and read your own thread again... all i see is atheists descrating the biblical story and insulting christians.

Secondly... i ask again, on what basis did you make your first post? Surely you have some facts to back yourself up no? Besides just hurling insults at those you disagree with?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by DeepSight(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
^^^ David, at the minimum you can agree that a person who allegedly lays down his hife with full knowledge that he will take it up again in three days time is not quite the sacrifice. . . . . . of a life?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
Deep Sight:
^^^ David, at the minimum you can agree that a person who allegedly lays down his hife with full knowledge that he will take it up again in three days time is not quite the sacrifice. . . . . . of a life?

Why not? The goal of a sacrifice is to take up punishment on the behalf of someone else... not to stay dead forever.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ajufinz(m): 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Sacrifice is the offering of food, objects or the lives of animals or people to a higher purpose or to God or the gods as an act of propitiation or worship.
While sacrifice often implies ritual killing...
@OP, whats your own definition of Sacrifice?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Ptolomeus(m): 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
ajufinz: Sacrifice is the offering of food, objects or the lives of animals or people to a higher purpose or to God or the gods as an act of propitiation or worship.

It's simple as opening a dictionary.
(From lat. Sacrificium).
1. m. Offering to a deity in homage or atonement.

2. m. Act of the priest to offer Mass in the body of Christ under the species of bread and wine in honor of His Father.

3. m. Killing of animals, especially for consumption.

4. m. Killing people, especially in a war or a particular cause. The revolution led to the slaughter of thousands of lives.

5. m. Danger or serious work that a person undergoes.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ajufinz(m): 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ptolomeus:

It's simple as opening a dictionary.
(From lat. Sacrificium).
1. m. Offering to a deity in homage or atonement.

2. m. Act of the priest to offer Mass in the body of Christ under the species of bread and wine in honor of His Father.

3. m. Killing of animals, especially for consumption.

4. m. Killing people, especially in a war or a particular cause. The revolution led to the slaughter of thousands of lives.

5. m. Danger or serious work that a person undergoes.

You Go skool, kai!
So, how is Jesus' role in redemption an issue.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Ptolomeus(m): 8:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
ajufinz:

You Go skool, tai!
So, your is Jesus' role in redemption an issue.
You read with one eye only, right?
That covers all the religions that make offerings and / or sacrifices and also depends upon the reason why the sacrifice was made.
Sacrifice, is not unique to Jesus Christ.
Not at all.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ajufinz(m): 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
ok! Let's return to the main issues U made your point.
What your concern with the dead and rescurrection of Jesus.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Ptolomeus(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
ajufinz: Sacrifice is the offering of food, objects or the lives of animals or people to a higher purpose or to God or the gods as an act of propitiation or worship.
Dear friend:
The term "sacrifice" from the religious point of view, has a slight connection with the offerings, but more what is exactly the sacrifice of a living being. In the Old Testament, on many occasions asked Javeh child sacrifice, female virgins, cows, sheep and other animals.
Later that God commanded to sacrifice his own son.
I think this clarifies the debate.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ajufinz(m): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Dear friend:
The term "sacrifice" from the religious point of view, has a slight connection with the offerings, but more what is exactly the sacrifice of a living being. In the Old Testament, on many occasions asked Javeh child sacrifice, female virgins, cows, sheep and other animals.
Later that God commanded to sacrifice his own son.
I think this clarifies the debate.

Wat do U know about Jesus...?
Who is He to you?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Ptolomeus(m): 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
ajufinz:

Wat do U know about Jesus...?
Who is He to you?
You've done one (or more) questions, and I have responded.
You disagree with my statement?
Then you prove what I have is not so.
Do you doubt that the biblical God demanded human sacrifices?

I await your exposure.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ajufinz(m): 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ptolomeus:
You've done one (or more) questions, and I have responded.
You disagree with my statement?
Then you prove what I have is not so.
Do you doubt that the biblical God demanded human sacrifices?

I await your exposure.

The Bible never gave accounts of human beings as instruments of sacrifice.
It gave accounts of blood sacrifices and the Old testament showd it was basically animal's....
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Ptolomeus(m): 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
ajufinz:

The Bible never gave accounts of human beings as instruments of sacrifice.
It gave accounts of blood sacrifices and the Old testament showd it was basically animal's....

judges 11:30-39
Jephthah sacrifices his daughter, who is the first one out to meet him after he defeated the Ammonites.
numbers 25:1-13
Yahweh ordered the killing of the leaders of the people as "atonement" for the sin of idolatry that had made the people of Israel with Moabite women.
1 Samuel 21:1-9
The Israelites impaled seven people as atonement for the guilt of the people of Israel, Saul had killed the Gibeonites.

(Jeremiah 7:31). . . They have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and daughters in the fire
Warm Regards.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by achmed1(m): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
Deep Sight:

Morever, from the account of jesus on the night he was seized it was said that Jesus (Peace be unto him) went protrate with his face to the ground, asking God to ''LET THIS CUP PASS OVER ME''.

ALSO HE WAS SAID TO HAVE EXCLAIMED ON THE CROSS '' WHY HAVE THOU FORSAKEN ME''

PLS IF JESUS (PEACE BE UNTO HIM) HAD FULL KNOWLEDGE OF HIS PURPOSE WHICH CHRISTIANS CLAIM IS TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF MAN.

HIS UTTERANCES AS SITED ABOVE SHOWS HE WAS GROSSLY UNWILLING TO DIE.

MOREVER HAVE WE CONSIDERED THE POSSIBILITY OF GOD ANSWERING HIS PRAYERS........

I MEAN JESUS(PBUH) WENT PROSTRATE WITH HIS FACE TO THE GROUND, A SIGN OF HUMILITY AND A DESPERATE NEED OF DIVINE ASSISTANCE FROM THE ALMIGHTY TO SAVE HIM IN THE COMING TRIAL.

I TELL YOU IF HIS PURPOSE WAS TO DIE FOR OUR SINS, HE WOULDNT MAKE THAT PRAYER.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ajufinz(m): 11:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ptolomeus:

judges 11:30-39
Jephthah sacrifices his daughter, who is the first one out to meet him after he defeated the Ammonites.
numbers 25:1-13
Yahweh ordered the killing of the leaders of the people as "atonement" for the sin of idolatry that had made the people of Israel with Moabite women.
1 Samuel 21:1-9
The Israelites impaled seven people as atonement for the guilt of the people of Israel, Saul had killed the Gibeonites.

(Jeremiah 7:31). . . They have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and daughters in the fire
Warm Regards.

These are the standard Offerrings of the OT:
Burnt Offering Lev 1; 6:8-13; 8:18-21; 16:24
Grain Offering Lev 2; 6:14-23
Peace Offering Lev 3; 7:11-34
Sin Offering Lev 4; 5:1-13; 6:24-30; 8:14-17
Trespass Offering Lev 5:14-19; 6:1-7; 7:1-6 Your examples are not by any chance a standard for sacrifice in the OT.
The death of Jesus was for the greatest trouble of Man SIN... John3:16,
Rom.8:1-3, Colo 2:14-16
I'm not an authority on the OT/NT
Events, but accepting Jesus' death & Rescurrection has given me
countless experiences of Jesus' reality. Wats ur experience, In watever ur beliefs are founded?
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by achmed1(m): 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
OR LET ME SAY , SINCE HE IS GOD IN FLESH HE WOULDNT BOTHER PRAYING DESPERATELY TO HIMSELF TO SAVE HIMSELF FROM SOMETHING HE ALREADY PLANNED ALL ALONG.

WHY PRAY TO URSELF TO SAVE URSELF FROM MAKING A SACRIFICE U ARE WILLING TO MAKE TO SAVE MANKIND.

I EXPECT THE GOD IN FLESH HAD FULL KNOWLEDGE OF HIS PURPOSE ON EARTH, BEFORE EMBARKING ON THE JOURNEY, EXCEPT OF-COURSE IF ''THE GOD IN HEAVEN FAILED TO SERVE HIM WITH THE MEMO OF A CHANGE OF PLAN'' BEFORE THAT NIGHT.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ajufinz(m): 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
Jesus remains a mystery to every heart that seeks to view Him through the lenses of the wisdom of men...
As blood as the Bible hiSTORY may look, it's God's perfect manual for the beginning and end of Man (Earth).

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Heaven?if u want to enter heaven read this!!! / Its Either You Are A Jehovahs Witness, Or You Are For Satan No Middle Ground / Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.