Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,692 members, 7,805,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? (36123 Views)

Why The Vagina May Itch / Living With Aquagenic Priuritus (After-Bath Body Itch) / My Body Discharges Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Hamintab: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
Hello Health professionals,
About this time last year (july/august), I developed itching sensation all over my body. I felt the itch most while eating/after meal, when I feel nervous, anxious, angry, move outside on a sunny day, some times after bath. The itch I felt was usually like some one piercing my skin with tiny pins at random all over my body. Most often I felt it more on my legs, face, chest and arms.
Then I visited the General hospital, had a blood test (I insisted i needed one cause the doctor only administered piriton, but I told him I needed a better diagnosis, cause I have taken more than enof piriton b4 deciding to see a doctor). Can't remebr the actual test carried out on my blood, but was told then dat they found nothing, n was told to report back in a week after taking the piriton without change. I went back after a week, buh met a different doctor, she asked me to go 4 a malaria test, which I did n the test says the malaria parasite in my body was A+++, even though I neva felt sick or feverish then. I also told the second doctor that am convinced the cause is more than malaria and I needed a thorough diagnosis cause am becoming very concerned about my condition. Buh it was like am teaching dem thr job, n she insisted i go take d malaria drugs, that I wld get well. After consuming the load of antimalaria tablets, I neva felt any change. I decided not to go back. Miraculously , with time, (almost about a month leta, can't remeber exactly when n how) I neva felt the itch again except once in a while after bath.

Just recently, about two weeks ago. I begin to feel the same way again, pickling itch after evry little act that energizes my body, eating, anxiety, sleeping at night, going out of the room outside under d sun.

Am really concerned. Any suggestion please?
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by olushollys(m): 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
I have similar condition if not worse, I have been @ it for about 2years now. I have had series of test @ 3 different hospitals 2 private and general hospital the test are almost the same but the results shows nothing to have cause the itching I was told its something I eat that I'm reacting to, I have checked online but it still persists sometimes it subsides and another it becomes so much.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Hamintab: 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
olushollys: I have similar condition if not worse, I have been @ it for about 2years now. I have had series of test @ 3 different hospitals 2 private and general hospital the test are almost the same but the results shows nothing to have cause the itching I was told its something I eat that I'm reacting to, I have checked online but it still persists sometimes it subsides and another it becomes so much.

Thanks for your response, any drugs u have tried that relief's you of the itch?
The worst is that, there are no signs on the skin like rash, boils, patches etc to indicate what type of reaction it could be.

Anybody who can help, please?
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by saganuwa: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
i tink u have aquagenic pruritus. Itz nt a big deal but u can see a dermatologist
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Joel3(m): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2012
Ur problem is gems, there are unseen gems in ur body either blood or skin like puritic, do u shower with sponge? Do u drink tap water? My advise is stop using rain or well waters either drinking or bathing, drink eva water. Get a good sponges and hot water to scrub very hard each and everytime u r taking u bath, use deltol and deltol soap, sleep on clean bed and bedshit. Wear clean clothes don't rewear again. Becos i can see that you ve sensitive skin. Penecillin oitment is a good releaver.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Hamintab: 6:53am On Jul 04, 2012
Joel.:
Ur problem is gems, there are unseen gems in ur body either blood or skin like puritic, do u shower with sponge? Do u drink tap water? My advise is stop using rain or well waters either drinking or bathing, drink eva water. Get a good sponges and hot water to scrub very hard each and everytime u r taking u bath, use deltol and deltol soap, sleep on clean bed and bedshit. Wear clean clothes don't rewear again. Becos i can see that you ve sensitive skin. Penecillin oitment is a good releaver.

I do bath with sponge, buh stoped using it about 3 days ago. I rarely bath with rain water n I use Temosol always. I also stoped using body cream (Tetemosol n Pears cream has been my choice, dnt think am reacting to them) about 2 wks ago since it started again. I always try to be as neat and healthy as possible.

Moreover, eva since the first attack stoped sometime sept/oct last year, I neva felt it again until about 3 weeks ago, n I don't think there is something I av been doing/taking b4 that I stoped taking/doing, neither is there any act I just engaged in dat could trigger/ lead to the new reaction.

I would surely pay more attention to all u listed above. Thanks Bro.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Hamintab: 7:04am On Jul 04, 2012
saganuwa: i tink u have aquagenic pruritus. Itz nt a big deal but u can see a dermatologist

Thanks bro. But I feel the itch even when I have noting to do with water.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by edogram1(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2012
My take is get a new good sponge, deltal soap, hot water and wash until u r clean, how do u knw when u are clean? Water should be resting in ur body like ball. Use clean or new towel. Anti puritic scream should be ok for now. Within 3days u should be ok. Itches and sickness are common on rain season. For the past one month there ve been alot itching topic here.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Hamintab: 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
edogram.:
My take is get a new good sponge, deltal soap, hot water and wash until u r clean, how do u knw when u are clean? Water should be resting in ur body like ball. Use clean or new towel. Anti puritic scream should be ok for now. Within 3days u should be ok. Itches and sickness are common on rain season. For the past one month there ve been alot itching topic here.

Thanks bro, would certainly do has instructed, would appreciate if u could suggest some Anti
puritic creams, DON'T know ANY.

Thanks
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by edogram1(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2012
Go to any phamacy and ask for Anti pruritic or anti itch cream. And come back to share testimony.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by ibizgirl(f): 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
Have you tried doing a detox use Edmark's shakeoff phyto-fiber for 2 weeks.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Hamintab: 7:31am On Jul 05, 2012
ibizgirl: Have you tried doing a detox use Edmark's shakeoff phyto-fiber for 2 weeks.

Is it a drug?, n please where can I get it. Thanks
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Hamintab: 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
Still hoping to here from anybody with a clue to what I can do. Already observed all suggestions above, seem nt to b getting any improvement yet.
Thanks
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by GoodBoi1(m): 6:18am On Jul 08, 2012
I thought I was the only one who suffered from this in Nigeria. It's an allergy . I've had it for 5-6 consecutive years (including now) and I'm just 20. It usually occurs (for me) during the rainy season; starting may-july, ending october. It starts mild (itching), next severe (stinging) then it goes during October.
Someone said no big deal about it, I will presume you are joking 'cos the pain is unbearable especially when it gets severe, it moves from itching to stinging sensation. It's like am continuously tortured. Any sweat-provoking activity will make you go crazy and am always indoors during this period except last year when I made some research (on net) which keeps it at the mild stage (and by mild I mean least painful flare-ups; the kind you just go out in the sun and experience the pain when your body initially releases sweat).
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by GoodBoi1(m): 6:43am On Jul 08, 2012
It has nothing to do with hygiene, just that some individuals are genetically predisposed to this skin disorder. The cause? Due to some reactions or the work of antibodies in the body to build up resistance against certain agents (antigens), the body tissues are mistaken for harmful agents therefore the reaction causes histamines to be released to fight these agents in order to protect the body from diseases- the sweat ducts are ruptured in the process.
During the humid period, the affect areas keeps spreading around the neck, head, chest, back (the worst) and limbs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by GoodBoi1(m): 7:20am On Jul 08, 2012
The solution? My intake of piriton started last year (all the medics gave where powders and antiseptic soap which didn't work) and I must say it really helped.
Piriton, an anti-histamine acts against the histamines but that is not enough. Vitamin C tablets and the fruits in season helps a lot. 'Cos piriton counters the the histamines, reducing the amount of damage done; vitamin C heals the tissues and boosts your immunosytem thereby keeping the disorder at the mild stage (least painful, just initial prickly sensation).
Also you must put into consideration the kind of antiseptic soap used for bathing. Avoid soaps that contain MERCURIC IODIDE or 'POISON' (found in most 'made in England' soaps and bleaching soaps e.g crusader, tura) because your skin is sensitive. I discovered that painfully. I use soaps containing 0.1% trichlorocarbanilide e.g 'tetmosol cool' and 'premiere ice'. I think dettol and delta soap are harsh on my skin 'cos it induced the prickly effect when I used them (just like the mercuric iodide soap).
If you want concise information,
* I take piriton tablets twice daily/ loratyn tablets one daily ( I prefer loratyn by havid) ;
* Soaps I use contain less antiseptic substances;
* I take white vitamin C daily;
*Normal hygiene, bath twice daily to unblock you sweat pores and
* Pray to God to eradicate the affliction.

1 Like

Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by GoodBoi1(m): 7:49am On Jul 08, 2012
One more thing, take it NORMAL to feel pain when your skin intially releases sweat, after that no more or less.
For instance, when I go out in the sun or engage in a sweat-provoking activity for the first time after a cold bath, my body releases sweat with the prickly sensation 'cos the build up of sweat will ultimately unblock my affected sweat ducts with itches (this lasts for a few seconds- it's better compared to every time). After that sweat is now release without the itching unless it dries up. That means I can go about my daily activities.
As far as take my medication, I am not afraid of sweating. In fact it helps 'cos your pores are unblocked and you get used to it. Then after a cold bath to clean the body, it is best to stay in an air-conditioned environment (to reduce anxiety because you won't sweat).
I believe/hope you will be fine with all the above.

1 Like

Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Mcdondayan: 9:17am On Jul 08, 2012
It an allergic reaction nd no antiseptic can stop it. U re reacting 2 sth in ur environment which will be difficult 2 find out unless u go for a test on allergies. U may have 2 remain on loratidine which is a good anti-histamine with minimal side effect. I trust that of havid. If u re very observant u ll notice that if u change your environment it will either get worse or reduce in intensity and when you take your bath the itching starts begining from your legs. When it starts try and ignore and when you can no longer hold it, 1 tab of loratyn will do the magic after 20mins and will keep you for some days. Remember to tell me thank you after this.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Mcdondayan: 9:20am On Jul 08, 2012
Hamintab:

Thanks bro. But I feel the itch even when I have noting to do with water.
Yea. Its an allergy. Take tab loratidine 1 prn.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Hamintab: 10:36am On Jul 08, 2012
@Mcdondayan and Good Boi, I don't know how to appreciate you guys for this detailed info. My mind its at rest a little, would do exactly as instructed. Thanks so much.

May God bless u.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by ibizgirl(f): 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
You need to do a detox, your system is not free of toxins and that is the reason why you are haviing these abnormal reactions, no drug you take will help you get a permanent solution. call 08020947894
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Mentaremix(m): 7:29am On Jul 13, 2012
@Poster,I will second ibizgirl.What u need to give u permananent solution is to detoxify and cleanse ur body system,taking loraditine or piriton will only manage and suppress it.Most drugs dn't give total solution.I wish Nigerians just learn
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by GoodBoi1(m): 5:18am On Sep 20, 2012
It seems loratyn by havid works better for me. I took only 20 tablets for 20 days and the prickly heat was over (about a month ago).
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Hamintab: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2012
Loratidine reduced it. May also try the loratyn by havid. Thanks everyone
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by davidblaze: 11:40am On Sep 01, 2013
I similarly face the same situation,exertly as u hv clearly said, bt jst dont knw wt else to do
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by ada40: 8:12am On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by ebankole: 10:11am On Sep 02, 2013
OP,WHAT U ARE EXPERIENCE IS AN INTERNAL CASE AND ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR EXTERNAL HYGENE'PLEASE VISIT THE SITE BELOW ,REASON COS ITS A NATURAL CURE WAY TO GO ABOUT IT.
AN ALOE VERE JUICE MAY HELP IN THIS CASE TOO.
i use to have this issue epecially when am near the kitchen.

check my signature web and see if that will help.
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Harpesin(m): 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
Mine is whenever i take my bath with sponge....have changed sponge, soap, water all na same...I bought blood purifier all to no avail....I will try all as goodboi prescribed sha....Please what kind of soap is better for me and what about cream?
Re: Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
i also have this problem, whenever i ate hot food, walking on sunny day, going near any heat device(stove, pressing iron etc) it also occur whenever i have internal heat. i have complain to d doctor with several medication, still having the same issue

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Hospital Ambulance Dumps Sick Man On Drip Along The Road - Twitter User / Ajibola Otunbusin Becomes The Oldest IVF Mom In Africa (Photos) / Adam's Desire Increase Manhood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.