Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:35 PM

Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja (19046 Views)

Building Sealed By EFCC In Wuse 2 Abuja Is Not GTB Property / EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Bomb Threat Around Banex Plaza And Emab Plaza Of Wuse 2, Abuaj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by Tropilo(m): 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
Jarus: US warned its citizens of this last week. I got this mail last week.

U.S. Mission to Nigeria
Security Message for U.S. Citizens
U.S.G. Personnel Restrictions
June 28, 2012

The U.S. Mission in Nigeria is issuing this emergency message informing U.S. citizens of the current restrictions on U.S. government personnel in Abuja. 

Beginning Friday, June 29 through July 1, all U.S. government personnel in Abuja are restricted from going to places of worship and all commercial establishments adjacent to any place of worship.  In addition, all U.S. government personnelare required to return to their residences by 12:00 midnight.  These restrictions will be re-reviewed on Monday, July 2.

These measures are being taken as a safety precaution because of recent extremist attacks on five churches in the states of Bauchi, Jos, and Kaduna, and the attacks in Borno, Yobe, Kano and other areas resulting in scores of deaths.  An explosion occurred outside a nightclub in Abuja on June 22.  Media continually report extremist threats to attack throughout June.

The situation in the country remains fluid and unpredictable. The U.S. Mission in Nigeria strongly urges U.S. citizens in Nigeria to consider their personal security and to keep personal safety in the forefront of their planning.

U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Nigeria are strongly advised to enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).  U.S. citizens without Internet access may enroll directly with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.  By enrolling, you make it easier for the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to contact you in case of emergency.

U.S. citizens should contact the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos for up-to-date information on any restrictions.  The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is open Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.  The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is open Monday-Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.  The U.S. Embassy in Abuja can be reached by telephone, including after-hours emergencies, at +234(9) 461-4000.  The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos can be reached by telephone, including after-hours emergencies at +234(1) 460-3600 or +234 (1) 460-3400.

Current information on safety and security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States or a regular toll line at-1-202-501-4444 for callers from other countries.  These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).  You can also stay up to date by bookmarking our Bureau of Consular Affairs website, which contains the current Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts as well as the Worldwide Caution.  Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on Facebook as well.

Sarah Kessler| Outreach Coordinator| AAJV
Research and Information Support Center (RISC)| Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)
Bureau of Diplomatic Security | U.S. Department of State
kesslerse2@state.gov | www.osac.gov | Desk: 571-345-9989 | Cell: 571-225-0649

You are right! Got something similar. I believe it was cos of the last threats by the criminal jihadists.
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by igboboy1(m): 12:02am On Jul 04, 2012
wouldn't be surprise if it is one olodowa boi that carried out the attacks,
afterall
aregbesola the islamic puritan is olodowa
the guy dem catch for north wey wan bomb one place na olodowa.
the guy dem catch for lagos wey wan bomb wan church na olodowa
bluetooth kwa? na olodowa....

Instead of calling BH or GEJ everytime a bomb goes off we should look at the other group of people with strong jihadist ties in this country that are not hausas
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by curtain: 12:03am On Jul 04, 2012
BLOOD OF INOCENT CAN NOW BE SIPPED WIT A STRAW IN NIGERIA. LYF IS CHEAP IN THE NAME OF RELIGION...someone must hv gone 2 mit his virgins and take enuf wine in heaven....spiritual conji.
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by dasparrow: 12:06am On Jul 04, 2012
As long as Nigerian remains one, I don't think the country will know peace again anytime soon since GEJ's administration cannot stop the bomb blasts as earlier promised.
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by CAPTAINT1: 12:09am On Jul 04, 2012
haroldvicks: thank God for saving my friend o...he left park and shop just five minute befor the explosion... smiley[b][/b]
i hope God will save your friend till he is 144 years old
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by brownlord: 12:28am On Jul 04, 2012
dayokanu: This is most likely a lie because our president Retardeen Jonathan said it would be over by June and this is July already

Oga, presido burry am for june, just that them resurrect after 3 days
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by dkdimgba: 12:54am On Jul 04, 2012
Thank GOD at least no casualty
check it out on this link for a complete story on the explosion
http://www.nigeriabusinessfile.com/news/readnews.php?id=509&cat_id=1
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by 2gbasky22(m): 1:04am On Jul 04, 2012
Father: Ooh bomb?? Mtcheew i thought u said they where casting news

son: but dady its the news!

Father: my son, bomb is no longer news in this country, it is now part of us. So we need to learn hw to live wit it. ok
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 04, 2012
Jarus: US warned its citizens of this last week. I got this mail last week.

U.S. Mission to Nigeria
Security Message for U.S. Citizens
U.S.G. Personnel Restrictions
June 28, 2012

The U.S. Mission in Nigeria is issuing this emergency message informing U.S. citizens of the current restrictions on U.S. government personnel in Abuja. 

Beginning Friday, June 29 through July 1, all U.S. government personnel in Abuja are restricted from going to places of worship and all commercial establishments adjacent to any place of worship.  In addition, all U.S. government personnelare required to return to their residences by 12:00 midnight.  These restrictions will be re-reviewed on Monday, July 2.

These measures are being taken as a safety precaution because of recent extremist attacks on five churches in the states of Bauchi, Jos, and Kaduna, and the attacks in Borno, Yobe, Kano and other areas resulting in scores of deaths.  An explosion occurred outside a nightclub in Abuja on June 22.  Media continually report extremist threats to attack throughout June.

The situation in the country remains fluid and unpredictable. The U.S. Mission in Nigeria strongly urges U.S. citizens in Nigeria to consider their personal security and to keep personal safety in the forefront of their planning.

U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Nigeria are strongly advised to enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).  U.S. citizens without Internet access may enroll directly with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.  By enrolling, you make it easier for the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to contact you in case of emergency.

U.S. citizens should contact the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos for up-to-date information on any restrictions.  The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is open Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.  The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is open Monday-Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.  The U.S. Embassy in Abuja can be reached by telephone, including after-hours emergencies, at +234(9) 461-4000.  The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos can be reached by telephone, including after-hours emergencies at +234(1) 460-3600 or +234 (1) 460-3400.

Current information on safety and security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States or a regular toll line at-1-202-501-4444 for callers from other countries.  These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).  You can also stay up to date by bookmarking our Bureau of Consular Affairs website, which contains the current Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts as well as the Worldwide Caution.  Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on Facebook as well.

Sarah Kessler| Outreach Coordinator| AAJV
Research and Information Support Center (RISC)| Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)
Bureau of Diplomatic Security | U.S. Department of State
kesslerse2@state.gov | www.osac.gov | Desk: 571-345-9989 | Cell: 571-225-0649

oh baba God please dont let me be a Nigerian next time. see people wey get brain,securing their own citizens. but our own so called slowpoke government are sending our christain brothers and sisters to war zone for guinea pig kind of experiment.NYSC DG's children should be killed any where they are in the world.whats so hard in posting moslems to the north and post igbos to some part of west and south.then west as usual to east.south to east and west?very simple mathematics. and they will come out on TV speaking their one by one English grammar as if they are robots.they only know $50m-$600,000=secret account.if you think you will reap Nigeria off like dis and go free,devil will continue to bless your children and your grandchildren that you are stealing that money for.
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by mekaboy(m): 2:57am On Jul 04, 2012
THESE PEOPLE WON SHOT ABUJA DOWN, NO MORE SHOPPING, THEM DON BOMB NEAR CLUB SO NO MORE CLUBBING, IF THEM BOMB AROUND CINEMA NOW THEN NO MORE MOVIES, IF THEM BOMB NEAR FUEL STATION THEN NO MORE PETROL.NEAR SCHOOL NO MORE SCHOOL. I AM STILL ASKING, ISN'T IT TIME TO MOVE THE CAPITAL OF THIS COUNTRY TO THE EAST ?
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by dayokanu(m): 3:06am On Jul 04, 2012
mekaboy: THESE PEOPLE WON SHOT ABUJA DOWN, NO MORE SHOPPING, THEM DON BOMB NEAR CLUB SO NO MORE CLUBBING, IF THEM BOMB AROUND CINEMA NOW THEN NO MORE MOVIES, IF THEM BOMB NEAR FUEL STATION THEN NO MORE PETROL.NEAR SCHOOL NO MORE SCHOOL. I AM STILL ASKING, ISN'T IT TIME TO MOVE THE CAPITAL OF THIS COUNTRY TO THE EAST ?

So the can kidnap them in the East?
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by tnktosin(m): 3:14am On Jul 04, 2012
dayokanu: Our president Retardeen Jonathan is on top of the situation
On top... yeah, now i see why GEJ furking everything up, He's always on top of it tongue .
And what happened to the multi-million dollars CCTVs installed around d FCT??
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by yoosooph: 3:36am On Jul 04, 2012
May God help us in this country.

Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by Pastorniga: 3:39am On Jul 04, 2012
I see that park-N-shop, is experiencing another grave mighty checkrakasy, we need to see the pix for the damage. Show it now.
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by gaskydudu: 3:40am On Jul 04, 2012
Erm..El Rufai's conspiracy theory hmmmmm #justsaying
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by Martinezv16(m): 6:34am On Jul 04, 2012
Thought abuja was more secure,may thunder strike these boko boys.
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by Martinezv16(m): 6:49am On Jul 04, 2012
Thought abuja was more secure!may thunder strike those boko boys.
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by doublekay: 6:57am On Jul 04, 2012
thank God we dont have casualties. But at a time like this we really need a permanent solution to all these
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by Walexz02(m): 7:19am On Jul 04, 2012
embarassed lipsrsealed
na wa o! Ds tin don tire me o
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by herquleez(m): 7:21am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex: The end is near. lipsrsealed
End of nigeria as a unified entity is near
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by sarutobie(m): 7:42am On Jul 04, 2012
The west knows something that we nigerians don't know...I find it hard to believe that these are the handiworks of the bokoharam of last 4 years...now that ICC has their eyes on Nigeria,something serious is brewing..just my 2 cents
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by mikelangs(m): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2012
My NL pple!!!! Dont u think its high time that the Military is given full control to put these bastards to an end!!!! Imagine if Nigeria can put peace in Liberia, Sierra Leone and other disturbing country na just BK go come hard them? GEJ needs to act fast unless he got something to hidce or do we pray them hit am for house 1st
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by yohannazack(m): 8:23am On Jul 04, 2012
At last boko haram is in abuja, gudlock refusd to visit yobe and borno, where hundres of pple are dyin, economic activities paralyzed. His reason was dat these states are not safe fo him, and they dont hav airports. Now the boko harams are here in abuja, where wil he run to maybe he wil pack to his village? God hav mercy on the kind of president dat we hav.
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by maigaskiya1: 8:33am On Jul 04, 2012
Chongaiman:

Is that an order or just wishful thinking?
MY FRend shut up nd admit d truth 4 once.if ure one of dose dat stl hs faith in nija dn ure d bigest sucker in d universe

1 Like

Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by LizyL: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2012
Omg so close to home
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by AmeLonRo(m): 8:49am On Jul 04, 2012
Nigeria will be great. This things are signs of the coming greatness. watch out guys, the country is not going to split.
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by vanunu: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2012
Stop blaming Jonathan, the terrorists are here, who can stop them?, remember Obasanjo had no idea of how to stop the Niger Delta Violence but GEJ stopped it by going to the creeks.
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by jaybee(f): 10:44am On Jul 04, 2012
phreakabit: I know this might sound very brash and ignorant, but isn't it time we split this darn country?

"SPLIT THE COUNTRY" might sound too harsh and connote a violent explosion. i think it is will be more palatable to say "RESTRUCTURE THE COUNTRY"
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by Biggysmalls919(m): 10:48am On Jul 04, 2012
has govt come out to condemn this attack? Am waiting.....
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by doofanc: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
jaybee:

"SPLIT THE COUNTRY" might sound too harsh and connote a violent explosion. i think it is will be more palatable to say "RESTRUCTURE THE COUNTRY"

@red, the irony of it. . . what stage do you really think the country is in at the moment?
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by nasty45(m): 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2012
Shey na ds same president say him no fit land for yobe & adamawa cos of security problem?ds one wey d mata don reach abj,hmmmm.....if u ask me,na wu i go ask?GEJ DO STH BEFOR STH DO U.....our capital for that matter,no wr is safe oh.mk i jst relax for south south abeg....so many bad news comin outta naija.MTCHEW
Re: Explosion At Banex Plaza, Wuse 2 In Abuja by Chongaiman: 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
mai gaskiya: MY FRend shut up nd admit d truth 4 once.if ure one of dose dat stl hs faith in nija dn ure d bigest sucker in d universe

I wasn't talking. . . just typing. By the way truth is relative. One book says God has a son while another book denies it..... Both books are attributed to him. Many are willing to kill/die depending on which side of this seeming contradiction their faith is based upon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DSS To Question Gumi For Alleging Military Collusion / Court Grants Stay Of Execution As Abure Remains National Chairman - Labour Party / Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.