Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? (11254 Views)

How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? / Kegites Club: Unity In Diversity...please Introduce Urself And Ur Ilya / Question To The Fulani Folks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
anyway..it really doesn't make sense we even discuss this though...ain't nothing gonna change...
so what is the point?

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Royal-VII:

..lol That thread was heading into a "AA bashing slaughter fest" untill i came in at tried to wash out the fire....

They couldn't compete with my words, so she kept hiding post

But sholly kept writing..."African Americans Have Bad English" and that was left for display

By the way...she kept posting that comment within post that contained bad english LoL which make the hate even more funny

You can't just Group Everybody like that

[size=18pt]With my Wit and Wordplay could you imagine if i started using anti african jokes on this forum?.....

I could make ayanle look like Martin Luther King on this forum[/size] with tha creativity bigotry i could come up with based off stereotypes

lol Royal isn't a Bigot or prejudice against any group or nationality Though

LOL!!! grin grin

smh...speaking of Ayanle...i'm mad at how you tried to play me! grin

stillwater: ^^^I didn't even get that statement either.

@Topic
I don't think so. There was never one in the first place. I would stretch it a little further by saying the word 'black' or preferably the ideology of grouping by race to categorize people as black is not an African construct. By this I mean Africans existed by their various ethnicity. Every other person outside a particular group, clan, ethnicity, language is a 'foreigner' or enemy whether black or white. To the African it is tribe before race.

the ONLY Africans who are consistent with that explanation/mentality is the somalians...PERIOD!
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
PhysicsQED:

lmao, where are you guys getting this stuff from?

But I guess I'd need you to define "poor" first before just laughing this claim off.

If you mean Somalia poor, then you may have a point.

I didn't even get that statement either.

@Topic
I don't think so. There was never one in the first place. I would stretch it a little further by saying the word 'black' or preferably the ideology of grouping by race to categorize people as black is not an African construct. By this I mean Africans existed by their various ethnicity. Every other person outside a particular group, clan, ethnicity, language is a 'foreigner' or enemy whether black or white. To the African it is tribe before race.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ms Dark it can change

I changed your Views on the Purity of Blacks based on Skin color

I helped Propel that right? cheesy

So people can changed, they just have to see the wrongs in what they believe to be Right.

With that being said...I still do not believe all Blacks will ever be United.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

LOL!!! grin grin

smh...speaking of Ayanle...i'm mad at how you tried to play me! grin

the ONLY Africans who are consistent with that explanation/mentality is the somalians...PERIOD!

It is of recent the African is conscious of race. Naturally the African holds tribe more important than race.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
Royal-VII:
Ms Dark it can change

I changed your Views on the Purity of Blacks based on Skin color

I helped Propel that right? cheesy

So people can changed, they just have to see the wrongs in what they believe to be Right.

With that being said...I still do not believe all Blacks will ever be United.

Black unity is indeed a fairytale...my thing is though the need to bash other black people regardless of how tribal and primitive one is...is unnecessary. Nothing disgusts me more than a close bigot..but there is a time and a place for everything..if you dont like a group...then avoid them. no need to stereotype or talk side ways...

especially if you are the type to get all vocal when you are attacked as a result...that's some bitch shit.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin: @royal you should have hit them with facts when they came with that "ghetto" shyt.

For one thing Kandi is half Sierra leonean..the tongues of freed slaves from america and the caribbean who returned to SL GAVE BIRTH to her nation's creole...so is 'krio' considered 'ghetto' too?

Same with pidgin...many caribbean missionaries were sent to Nigeria and Cameroon and used pidgin to communicate with the natives...so is pidgin 'ghetto talk' too?

HMMMM...

Ebonics....Ebony/Black + Phonics/tongue/language...

based on that alone ALL 'black' languages are a form of Ebonics...so EVERY African language is therefore 'ghetto'. tongue

Lmfao yo the countless misuse of the term Ebonics was driving me crazy lol

Yet these people consider themselves educated...

Every bit of knowledge i wrote kept being Hidden lol post after post... she was on a mission

"Ebonics"....

There's reasons why that word was flipped into meaning something Negative,"Just like the word Nigger"

And here these black fools are sitting here using it as a derogatory term towards other blacks

When they all sit here every day spitting Broken Tongue Hybrid Variants, which technically classify as the same thing .

@You and Ayanle

You Love ayanle}}}}} tongue Invite me to tha wedding i wanna see these half jamo half somali children grin
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
stillwater:

It is of recent the African is conscious of race. Naturally the African holds tribe more important than race.

man BYE!! grin

we are "all black" when it's all good..but ok to be tribal when it's convenient...FOH!
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

man BYE!! grin

we are[b] "all black" when it's all good[/b]..but ok to be tribal when it's convenient...FOH!

You learning Sister....lol wink
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by tpia5: 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
blacks do not all have the same history or same ancestry.

they are typically some of the most diverse people on the planet because they're mixed with everything and everybody.

so, expecting everyone to be the same by virtue of some magic wand of blackness which confers automatic afinity with one another, isnt very practical.

being black doesnt make someone a brother. Its your attitude towards a person that does.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
Naturally, people with the same struggle always unite to achieve a common goal. We need to start exploring things we've in common - which includes: the prejudice against the colour of our skin, and being at the bottom of every social ladder...

Anyhow you guys look at it, we as black people are at war with the same people collectively, and the earlier we unite, the better for our race.

African Americans started the struggle which illuminated the continent of Africa against colonization - and I think the saviour the black race has been waiting for will definitely come from America.. I initially thought Obama was the saviour, but he turned out to be another neo-con, who expanded the covert operations of the zionists against Africa.

We can't give up on each other - all hands must be on deck to move the black race forward.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
tpia@:

they are typically some of the most diverse people on the planet because they're mixed with everything and everybody.

so, expecting everyone to be the same by virtue of some magic wand of blackness which confers automatic afinity with one another, isnt very practical.

being black doesnt make someone a brother. Its your attitude towards a person that does.

Yup, that's why many of my original post were about Blackness being a Fallacy. The idea of Black Brotherhood is not only Impossible but also meaningless
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 04, 2012
tpia@:

Do Europeans have the same history and ancestry? Greeks, Romans, Barbarians, Germanoids, Ulster, Anglo-Saxons etc..

So, why do they fight 'on common front'?

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 04, 2012
Some people are pro brotherhood based on Race (MsDark,Shyne)

Me Personally, im pro brotherhood in accordance to ideology and philosophical beliefs
MsDarkSkin:

man BYE!! grin

we are "all black" when it's all good..but ok to be tribal when it's convenient...FOH!

Are you normal? I thought we were having a matured discussion. I'm giving my views on the general African psyche, and you're throwing tantrums.

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:

Lmfao yo the countless misuse of the term Ebonics was driving me crazy lol

Yet these people consider themselves educated...

Every bit of knowledge i wrote kept being Hidden lol post after post... she was on a mission

"Ebonics"....

There's reasons why that word was flipped into meaning something Negative,"Just like the word Nigger"

And here these black fools are sitting here using it as a derogatory term towards other blacks

When they all sit here every day spitting Broken Tongue Hybrid Variants, which technically classify as the same thing .

lol EXACTLY...Pidgin, patois, creole, krio are ALL frickin Africanized renditions of European languages...ITS ALL THE SAME...E-B-O-N-I-C-S...as you say, some of you folks reading this thread who share their views please, "step ya game up!"

Anything associated with Africa in the west is ridiculed..."Africanized Bees"...used to describe a breed of bees that are aggressive in nature...

"Afro." is unprofessional, unclean, nappy and a symbol of rebellion...

"black" is depressing, dark and evil....

"ebonics" CORRUPTION of established languages...I mean come on now...

I ain't trying to turn into Asada Shakur grin but when it comes to a ppl coming from a continent that is constantly disrespected, disregarded and r@ped..one would think that mentality would be rejected and shunned but nah....it's embraced more than ever. NOT ALL Africans...but enough to make any type of peace and solidarity of any kind impossible.

@You and Ayanle

You Love ayanle}}}}} tongue Invite me to tha wedding i wanna see these half jamo half somali children grin
[/i][/color]

don't get sh0t now! angry angry grin

lol...i respect the guy that's all.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:

You learning Sister....lol wink

AYYYE!!

*pops collar!* cool cool grin
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex:

Do Europeans have the same history and ancestry? Greeks, Romans, Barbarians, Germanoids, Ulster, Anglo-Saxons etc..

Segregation is not an African construct.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 04, 2012
The black race is at war; the early we start believing that - the better for everyone of us.

We're the only race of people on this planet with no identity, and no history (our history was erased from the history books). But thank God for Cheikh Anta Diop, and African American scholars whom started the black renaissance in the 70s - we'd probably still think our ancestors never built any civilization.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 04, 2012
stillwater:

Segregation is not an African construct.

I'm lost, can you explain further?
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex:

LOL!! thank you...because (and I hate to say this) they have what we lack: COMMON SENSE.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 04, 2012
@Ms Dark @Ayanle point

Really? You Respect Him?

I had always thought it was the other way around

Physical Attraction first and Lack of Respect for his political beliefs second

lol

I always repected the young Warrior to, i don't agree with any of his bigoted views..but im intelligent enough to see he's no more of a bigot than the closeted ones who hide amongst us

My theory is i don't have to agree with another man's political beliefs to like him

He is who he is, and most importantly He's Real, Openly Bigoted unlike many others, Who are snakes in the grass
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex:

I'm lost, can you explain further?

Distinguishing people based on color of the skin. And creating an hierarchy on who's superior based on color of skin. Africans didn't come up with that.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:10am On Jul 04, 2012
"Black unity" became somewhat popular after the Atlantic slave trade.

The only instance where it might have happened before that was the so called "Revolt of the Zanj"

Otherwise, it's never existed.

If you stop and think deeply about it, it's kind of a bizarre concept.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 04, 2012
I learned from a scholar (African American) time ago that being black/African isn't just the colour of your skin, ancestry, nor social construct - but it's something that's inborn in everyone of us..

I believe that's why our level of consciousness in different parts of the world always move in unison..

Civil rights movements in America ----------------------------------- Fight against colonization in Africa and in the Caribbean.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:
@Ms Dark @Ayanle point

Really? You Respect Him?

I had always thought it was the other way around

Physical Attraction first and Lack of Respect for his political beliefs second

lol

I always repected the young Warrior to, i don't agree with any of his bigoted views..but im intelligent enough to see he's no more of a bigot than the closeted ones who hide amongst us

My theory is i don't have to agree with another man's political beliefs to like him

He is who he is, and most importantly He's Real, Openly Bigoted unlike many others, Who are snakes in the grass

You basically described what I meant when I said I respect him..."He's Real".

I can't beef with or hold any grudges against anyone who speaks their mind...so hell yeah.. I respect him. smiley
I don't support his bigoted views but you gotta understand when I read this....

warya123: ^^^ if your people were more like somalis...you wouldn't be enslaved...and if the people who sold you were more like us...they wouldn't sell their own kind....

it stung me like wasp!! Royal...that is the REALEST SHYT grin I have seen on this site!!! Pleep aka Malcom VEX could NOT counter that!!
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED: "Black unity" became somewhat popular after the Atlantic slave trade.

The only instance where it might have happened before that was the so called "Revolt of the Zanj"

True. Although I don't know anything bout the revolt of zanj. grin Would be looking it up. grin
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 04, 2012
stillwater:

Distinguishing people based on color of the skin. And creating an hierarchy on who's superior based on color of skin. Africans didn't come up with that.

Well, that's not true

Historians throughout history have always pointed to the fact that BLACK GODS were always painted as pure black..Black Face Black Body...

While Devils were colored Pure white.

There are examples of this prior to even european invasion

I don't wanna venture off topic though.....

Then ill start randomly talking about the ignorant murder of albino babies and such.....And that's too far off topic for me right now

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 04, 2012
warya123: ^^^ if your people were more like somalis...you wouldn't be enslaved...and if the people who sold you were more like us...they wouldn't sell their own kind....

This is beautiful...This is why ayanle is my son right here

I am about to notepad This in my files lol

Ayanle=one of the realist brothers on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED: "Black unity" became somewhat popular after the Atlantic slave trade.

How do you know it never existed, when all African tribes migrated from almost the same?

I know you don't believe in the Kemet/Sudan/Congo migration of black people to the other parts of Africa - but can you provide an alternate source of our migration?

Personally, my scholarship shows we used to be the same people, before the invaders invaded Africa - and there were different migration patterns, and periods..

No tribe is indigenous to present day West Africa - we all came from the same Kemet/Sudan/Kush region - and we all used to be one big tribe.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:

This is beautiful...This is why ayanle is my son right here

I am about to notepad This in my files lol

Ayanle=one of the realist brothers on this forum.

OK!!

You have to admit to that man.
You just have to...
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2012
Ms D ill be back i gotta take care of some shid

Stop cheating on me with Ayanle tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? / Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies / Book On The Ibibio Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.