Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? (11253 Views)

How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? / Kegites Club: Unity In Diversity...please Introduce Urself And Ur Ilya / Question To The Fulani Folks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:18am On Jul 04, 2012
Racial unity/separatism should just be an extension of ethnic unity/separatism, since members of the same race are closer to you than members of other races, just as members of the same ethnicity are closer to you than members of other ethnic groups, but language and culture tied people to each other more strongly than physical appearance in the past - which isn't strange considering that most groups were in areas where other groups didn't look extremely different from their group. Physical appearance does not in anyway guarantee that two distinct peoples share the same political/social orientations, attitudes, outlook or that their cultures are really similar enough where it really matters - whatever that happens to be - to the point that they can look at each other as brothers and not strangers.

But the threat of those who want to degrade or invade both groups can change all that of course.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 04, 2012
stillwater:

Distinguishing people based on color of the skin. And creating an hierarchy on who's superior based on color of skin. Africans didn't come up with that.

It's been like that for a long time - Africans/Blacks have always distinguished themselves from other races..

I'll provide a picture on the Egyptian pyramid to prove that.

We saw ourselves as one thousands of years ago, and we always separated ourselves from other races.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:22am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex:

How do you know it never existed, when all African tribes migrated from almost the same?

I know you don't believe in the Kemet/Sudan/Congo migration of black people to the other parts of Africa - but can you provide an alternate source of our migration?

Personally, my scholarship shows we used to be the same people, before the invaders invaded Africa - and there were different migration patterns, and periods..

No tribe is indigenous to present day West Africa - we all came from the same Kemet/Sudan/Kush region - and we all used to be one big tribe.

If I accept that we were all one and then differentiated into different groups, it doesn't mean I accept that those groups somehow saw every other black group as their "black brothers and sisters" when pretty much everyone around them was black to begin with.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:

Well, that's not true

Historians throughout history have always pointed to the fact that BLACK GODS were always painted as pure black..Black Face Black Body...

While Devils were colored Pure white.

There are examples of this prior to even european invasion

I don't wanna venture off topic though.....

Then ill start randomly talking about the ignorant murder of albino babies and such.....And that's too far off topic for me right now

If being black was very important why was it easy for Africans to sell their brothers and not kill the white men that set foot on African soil? I would think if color was that important, white people would have been slaughtered like chickens, although some were, I have to add. Besides things like being an albino were all done out of ignorance. I could name a number of atrocities perpetuated by Africans like twins being killed, all under the umbrella of ignorance not color.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex:

How do you know it never existed, when all African tribes migrated from almost the same?

I know you don't believe in the Kemet/Sudan/Congo migration of black people to the other parts of Africa - but can you provide an alternate source of our migration?

Personally, my scholarship shows we used to be the same people, before the invaders invaded Africa - and there were different migration patterns, and periods..

No tribe is indigenous to present day West Africa - we all came from the same Kemet/Sudan/Kush region - and we all used to be one big tribe.

that is a SCIENTIFIC fact.
but even though we are related...we still don't LIKE our own.
that is the point.

There is division and animosity within other races (Russians vs. ALL of Westen Europe grin), Koreas vs eachother, Japan vs. ALL of Asia grin, Pakistan vs. India...etc BUT those people would let go of ANY BEEF, GRUDGE, or HATRED when it comes to taking on outsiders..TRUST THAT...Us? No effin way!! grin
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 04, 2012
Pyramid picture separating the races:

[img]http://www.nemo.nu/ibisportal/0egyptintro/2aegypt/folkslag.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 04, 2012
stillwater:

If being black was very important why was it easy for Africans to sell their brothers and not kill the white men that set foot on African soil? I would think if color was that important, white people would have been slaughtered like chickens, although some were, I have to add. Besides things like being an albino were all done out of ignorance. I could name a number of atrocities perpetuated by Africans like twins being killed, all under the umbrella of ignorance not color.

And that is why Kandiikane and Sexkillz are called "yellow" and "albino" by other Africans right?

Oh damn...my bad Americans/Europeans are to blame. wink wink
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex: Pyramid picture separating the races:

[img]http://www.nemo.nu/ibisportal/0egyptintro/2aegypt/folkslag.jpg[/img]

thank you. And Egypt was very much so an African society.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

that is a SCIENTIFIC fact.
but even though we are related...we still don't LIKE our own.
that is the point.

There is division and animosity within other races (Russians vs. ALL of Westen Europe grin), Koreas vs eachother, Japan vs. ALL of Asia grin, Pakistan vs. India...etc BUT those people would let go of ANY BEEF, GRUDGE, or HATRED when it comes to taking on outsiders..TRUST THAT...Us? No effin way!! grin

Thank you!

That's the problem with black people - we're always trying too hard to be different... I think the Europeans did a good job on us..

We don't even have an identify - isn't it shameful that we're the ONLY race of people on this planet without our own IDENTITY?? grin

That's basically why I don't waste my time arguing about culture/history with people on this forum - everyone is just stuck on the Eurocentric point of view, and spewing that mumbo jumbo trash they read in school.

I'm off to the fashion section. grin

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:
Ms D ill be back i gotta take care of some shid

Stop cheating on me with Ayanle tongue

grin grin
w/e negro.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex:

It's been like that for a long time - Africans/Blacks have always distinguished themselves from other races..

I'll provide a picture on the Egyptian pyramid to prove that.

We saw ourselves as one thousands of years ago, and we always separated ourselves from other races.

Shymmex leave Egypt grin. I believe the Trans atlantic slave trade was through the coast of West Africa, Central going down to the South. Egypt was so long ago abeg. grin I don't see much of Egypt in my Igbo tribe. Igbo people don't even have a coherent story where they came from. grin

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex:

Thank you!

That's the problem with black people - we're always trying too hard to be different... I think the Europeans did a good job on us..

We don't even have an identify - isn't it shameful that we're the ONLY race of people on this planet without our own IDENTITY?? grin

That's basically why I don't waste my time arguing about culture/history with people on this forum - everyone is just stuck on the Eurocentric point of view, and spewing that mumbo jumbo trash they read in school.

I'm off to the fashion section. grin

bruv...i agree with you but the Europeans only played on what they observed.."divide and conquer"....
only thing was it was a slice of cake for them when it came to Africa because we were so damn tribal..

We didn't mind trading a mirror for another's life (at first a rival tribe..but then later on one's own RELATIVES!). Or having a kool aid smile when given guns to shoot/capture each other...

Kunta Kinte...Patrice Lumumba...different time periods...SAME SHYT. tongue
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by queensmith: 12:36am On Jul 04, 2012
lol- i mean, its a way to look at things i guess. Aren't we all just struggling to fulfill the capitalist agenda. I mean when we remove all the little problems/squabbles we have. What do we want to gain? We want a black man to be president, and then what? Nothing is going to change, because in reality we aren't all perceived as equals. Everybody is trying to be better than somebody. The men want to be better than the woman, the hausas are better than the igbos, the nigerians are better than ghanians, africans better than americans.

It's animal farm up in eere!

mpo, i don't really care for anybody. Be it blacks, whites, asians, chinese. I owe nobody anything and i'm certainly not going to join forces with anybody because of the color of her skin.
If we are speaking of ideals, ideas, beliefs the likes then we are talking. You kind of make an arse out of yourself wasting time defending people who refuse to acknowledge each others existence.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 12:38am On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Oh I read it. But by the "elite" you must have meant the elite white people through scholarships and admissions, and not the elites in Africa - cause the elites in Africa aren't doing jack sh1t for poor Africans that want to study abroad.

Yes...the "White man".

That's why I said that most African students are here by way of their well to do families. If you are not an American citizen...you are no entitled to any Pell Grant nor Student loans unless otherwise specified.

But for ANY student visas...you need to have at least 20,000 dollars in savings/checking, full tuition PAID IN FULL BY THE interview date, and room and board covered before they would even LOOK AT YOU. Other countries may have different stipulations but I am referring to America.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 04, 2012
^^ cool cool

amen...

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

And that is why Kandiikane and Sexkillz are called "yellow" and "albino" by other Africans right?

Oh damn...my bad Americans/Europeans are to blame. wink wink

No, it is Black people in the diaspora, that will not take such insults as just insults but a racial slur. wink Calling somebody yellow in Nigeria has no racial connotations. It's the same as saying 'blackie shadow' to a dark person. Just pure nursery school insults. Nothing more, nothing less. Nobody attaches racial connotations to these things. Nigerians did not suffer from slavery or live in a racially tensed environment. What we consider as insults are i.diot, you must be st.upid, you are silly etc, and not 'you are yellow', 'you are an albino'. grin Ok?

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 12:52am On Jul 04, 2012
I sorry yall....Chima was trying to get him some.

Okay let me read yall comments and cuss some of yall arses out! tongue
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:56am On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Yes...the "White man".

That's why I said that most African students are here by way of their well to do families. If you are not an American citizen...you are no entitled to any Pell Grant nor Student loans unless otherwise specified.

But for ANY student visas...you need to have at least 20,000 dollars in savings/checking, full tuition PAID IN FULL BY THE interview date, and room and board covered before they would even LOOK AT YOU. Other countries may have different stipulations but I am referring to America.

All "well to do" is a misconception. There are too many Africans here that aren't well to do financially that I've met and know personally (whose children are in school) to believe that.

Why do people seem to believe that Indians or Koreans or other Asians can come here, some of them not being "well to do", work, put their children through school and achieve things and that's normal, but it's assumed that any African or African student has/had "well to do" parents and was rich to start with? That's what those white people do who want to convince themselves that blacks aren't mentally capable - or lack the drive or work ethic - of achieving the so called "American dream". It reassures them of the inferiority of the group they already perceive as inferior and it allows them to continue trying to ignore history as an explanation for the problems of the black people already here.

Don't believe everything you hear from one supposedly authoritative source.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 12:57am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

lol EXACTLY...Pidgin, patois, creole, krio are ALL frickin Africanized renditions of European languages...ITS ALL THE SAME...E-B-O-N-I-C-S...as you say, some of you folks reading this thread who share their views please, "step ya game up!"

Anything associated with Africa in the west is ridiculed..."Africanized Bees"...used to describe a breed of bees that are aggressive in nature...

"Afro." is unprofessional, unclean, nappy and a symbol of rebellion...

"black" is depressing, dark and evil....

"ebonics" CORRUPTION of established languages...I mean come on now...

I ain't trying to turn into Asada Shakur grin but when it comes to a ppl coming from a continent that is constantly disrespected, disregarded and r@ped..one would think that mentality would be rejected and shunned but nah....it's embraced more than ever. NOT ALL Africans...but enough to make any type of peace and solidarity of any kind impossible.

don't get sh0t now! angry angry grin

lol...i respect the guy that's all.

Now....I know I be talking about Somalians like a dog but one thing I can say about them racist mofos...THEY DO NOT CHANGE THEIR STANCE WHATSOEVER. They are all about their culture and DO NOT IMITATE OTHERS especially the ones they feel they are above.

With all these African rappers, heavy gold chain wearing, different colored weaves wearing, ooooh I want to be like Jay Z arse niggas wouldn't be imitating the very group they are above. That's real talk.

Somalians in America stick to their culture and MOST OF THEM stay with their own kind. They some begging arse mofos but they do STICK UP and support each other with their curry goat smelling arses.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 04, 2012
stillwater:

No, it is Black people in the diaspora, that will not take such insults as just insults but a racial slur. wink Calling somebody yellow in Nigeria has no racial connotations. It's the same as saying 'blackie shadow' to a dark person. Just pure nursery school insults. Nothing more, nothing less. Nobody attaches racial connotations to these things. Nigerians did not suffer from slavery or live in a racially tensed environment. What we consider as insults are i.diot, you must be st.upid, you are silly etc, and not 'you are yellow', 'you are an albino'. grin Ok?

right...yet both kandi and sexkillz seemed a bit annoyed and perplexed at the beginning...
i know what you mean because the same thing applies in the caribbean.

Fat girl "fatty"..dark guy "blacka/blacker"...dark girl "blacky"...light girl "red/brownin'".

Those are terms used to describe ppl HOWEVER the acceptance of such names depends highly on the context.
Nlders calling sexkillz a "(gay) albino" (even posting pictures of east african albinos to represent him) is far from using it as a term of endearment. or in the past when ppl argued with kandi, they too called her "albino"...(hence the sarcasm in her signature)...

so..i don't buy that.

lighter skinned people have always been in Africa, so if this was the case and everyone was used to it and saw them as no different...why would they be made fun of/mocked (BY Africans...who have seen them all their lives)?

...oh yeah! how could I forget...this was because of the Europeans...got you. wink
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:
bruv...i agree with you but the Europeans only played on what they observed.."divide and conquer"....
only thing was it was a slice of cake for them when it came to Africa because we were so damn tribal..

We didn't mind trading a mirror for another's life (at first a rival tribe..but then later on one's own RELATIVES!). Or having a kool aid smile when given guns to shoot/capture each other...

Kunta Kinte...Patrice Lumumba...different time periods...SAME SHYT. tongue

Add always eager to sell each other out for personal gains to the list - and you will get a clearer picture of an African..

Soulless bodies just walking around with no plan, and sense of belonging - doing what the 'massa' has programmed them to do..

Imagine another clown saying ideology and beliefs...Bwahahahaha

Your ideology and beliefs won't stop the Police from stopping you for DWP (Diving While Black)...
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:00am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:
Nlders calling sexkillz a "(gay) albino" (even posting pictures of east african albinos to represent him)

lmao

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 04, 2012
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex:

Add always eager to sell each other out for personal gains to the list - and you will get a clearer picture of an African..

Soulless bodies just walking around with no plan, and sense of belonging - doing what the 'massa' has programmed them to do..

Your ideology and beliefs won't stop the Police from stopping you for DWB (Diving While Black)...

@bolded sooo true!!
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

right...yet both kandi and sexkillz seemed a bit annoyed and perplexed at the beginning...
i know what you mean because the same thing applies in the caribbean.

Fat girl "fatty"..dark guy "blacka/blacker"...dark girl "blacky"...light girl "red/brownin'".

Those are terms used to describe ppl HOWEVER the acceptance of such names depends highly on the context.
Nlders calling sexkillz a "(gay) albino" (even posting pictures of east african albinos to represent him) is far from using it as a term of endearment. or in the past when ppl argued with kandi, they too called her "albino"...(hence the sarcasm in her signature)...

so..i don't buy that.

Never said they were terms of endearment. Remember I called them insults, but nursery school insults. I've called people yellow pawpaw, they've called me blackie shadow before, and we all moved on. It's not something to hang on about racially as black people in the diaspora would do.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 1:14am On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

All "well to do" is a misconception. There are too many Africans here that aren't well to do financially that I've met and know personally (whose children are in school) to believe that.

Why do people seem to believe that Indians or Koreans or other Asians can come here, some of them not being "well to do", work, put their children through school and achieve things and that's normal, but it's assumed that any African or African student has/had "well to do" parents and was rich to start with? That's what those white people do who want to convince themselves that blacks aren't mentally capable - or lack the drive or work ethic - of achieving the so called "American dream". It reassures them of the inferiority of the group they already perceive as inferior and it allows them to continue trying to ignore history as an explanation for the problems of the black people already here.

Don't believe everything you hear from one supposedly authoritative source.

Again...well to do means having the ability to but not wealthy. If the family does not work nor acquire money there is no way they can send their children to school. Real talk. My definitely of poor is BROKE and not able to provide the means for whatever it is needed.

Many of my classmates in college were African students and I am still friends with them today. I have helped with many of their issues so I know what I am talking about.

I got my sources directly from the HORSE'S MOUTH as I said before. I don't take chewed up bullshit like many chatters on Nairaland does about specific people, place, or thing.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:
lighter skinned people have always been in Africa, so if this was the case and everyone was used to it and saw them as no different...why would they be made fun of/mocked (BY Africans...who have seen them all their lives)?

...oh yeah! how could I forget...this was because of the Europeans...got you. wink

Darker people are also made fun of by Africans, so if this was the case and everyone was used to it and saw them as no different...why would they be made fun of/mocked (BY Africans...who have seen them all their lives) wink

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 04, 2012
stillwater:

Darker people are also made fun of by Africans,

that further proves my point...

in response to kandi being called albino she said:

See this illiterate baboon, loool albino yano, noone ask you to pay and even if you had to you cannot afford it,

I bet you look like charcaol

is this not African colorism?
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 1:21am On Jul 04, 2012
stillwater:

Darker people are also made fun of by Africans, so if this was the case and everyone was used to it and saw them as no different...why would they be made fun of/mocked (BY Africans...who have seen them all their lives) wink

With all that being said...Africans chatters have called Sexkillz an albino as if the color of his skin was his fault. He isn't albino but it was used to inflict pain in his spirit. I am sure that it has bothered him but he is confidence in whom he is and that is more than what I can say for many chatters on Nairaland.

What is also interesting is that Nairaland men idolized Beyonce and she is as light as Sexkillz and she is considered beautiful but Sexkillz is considered a misfit by his own people?

Color Stuck Syndrome is strong in Africa than Africans aren't willing to admit.

I read where you said that you are an Igbo...so you know Igbo people were considered the "mixed breeds" of Africa and treated accordingly...how does that make you feel knowing your people suffered from such ignorance?
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 04, 2012
shymmex:

Your ideology and beliefs won't stop the Police from stopping you for DWP (Diving While Black)...

People also get stopped for "driving while mexican"

People also get stopped for "driving while dominican"

People also get stopped for "driving while puerto rican"

People also get stopped for "driving while arabic"

...Imagine a "Black America Cop" beating you down to a bloody pulp...and trying to break bones in your boney with a knifestick

^--When you experience that, You will realize that it's about ideology and beliefs and Racial Brotherhood won't mean a damn thing

If you haven't...then come back and talk to me when you have

Cause Black BrotherHood didn't mean a damn thing That Night.

Racial Clarity is believing in what isn't there

Racial Loyalty is believing in what was never there.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

that further proves my point...

. . .that they are just childish insults. And has no racial connotations to the African.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 04, 2012
That BlackBrotherHood is a Fallacy....

It sounds cute, It sounds good to hear, but it ain't real man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? / Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies / Book On The Ibibio Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.