Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:10 PM

Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? (11230 Views)

How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? / Kegites Club: Unity In Diversity...please Introduce Urself And Ur Ilya / Question To The Fulani Folks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 1:24am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:

People also get stopped for "driving while mexican"

People also get stopped for "driving while dominican"

People also get stopped for "driving while puerto rican"

People also get stopped for "driving while arabic"

...Imagine a "Black America Cop" beating you down to a bloody pulp...and trying to break bones in your boney with a knifestick

^--When you experience that, You will realize that it's about ideology and beliefs and Racial Brotherhood won't mean a damn thing

If you haven't...then come back and talk to me when you have

Cause Black BrotherHood didn't mean a damn thing That Night.

Racial Clarity is believing in what isn't there

Racial Loyalty is believing in what was never there.

That's real.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 04, 2012
They call Killz an Albino??
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:
They call Killz an Albino??

you late, nigga. grin
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 04, 2012
In America Blacks would call him brownskin believe it or not.

The younger generation even classifies people like Nelly and T.I Color as "Caramel" now...

They are trying to divide what is considered lightskin and fraction it into smaller and smaller groups as a means to overpower them(Politically)

You now have to be "Drake" complexion to be considered Lightskin Now.....

Let me get off this subject....lol

*Reads other Post*
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

With all that being said...Africans chatters have called Sexkillz an albino as if the color of his skin was his fault. He isn't albino but it was used to inflict pain in his spirit. I am sure that it has bothered him but he is confidence in whom he is and that is more than what I can say for many chatters on Nairaland.

What is also interesting is that Nairaland men idolized Beyonce and she is as light as Sexkillz and she is considered beautiful but Sexkillz is considered a misfit by his own people?

Color Stuck Syndrome is strong in Africa than Africans aren't willing to admit.

I read where you said that you are an Igbo...so you know Igbo people were considered the "mixed breeds" of Africa and treated accordingly...how does that make you feel knowing your people suffered from such ignorance?

Lol. To be honest, it doesn't bother me. It doesn't hurt and I'm serious. I only hear such things on NL and they are funny. The antagonism for Igbo people is more of a political nature in Nigeria and not based genetics. wink

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:
That BlackBrotherHood is a Fallacy....

*imagines Royal going to Philadelphia and saying that to the New Black Panther Party leaders!* grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 04, 2012
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!! grin
Damn im trynna duck the skin complexion topic...But i see allot of it on the last page

lol back to the Black Unity, and the Black Hate from those looking in from the outside.

I explained many of the reasons why others and outsiders view us as Ignorant And Lazy....

In many stereotypes there is usually "some" truth in it

Many americans(not just black) are indeed lazy and have zero drive because It's too Damn easy to live "comfortably" in America.....

Because of Power,Wealth,Freedom...

It has it's positives and it's negatives....

You see...the average "poor" american lives like a king compared to the rest of the world.

I know many people who Have multiple cars, An apartment...Beautiful expensive items in their home, tons of jewelry

But these people would still fall under the poor/working class financial bracket..

Bottom line it's just too damn easy to life comfortably in America (for most of us)

As a Result the Average American Male becomes lazy and has no drive or desire....

You give the most 18-24 year old men a Air Conditioner, 50 Inch Tv, Video Game, Apartment,Car,Bed,Junk Food,and One Woman

And he's "content" with that......

That^ Is to easy to achieve in America, because of so much freedom an Opportunity.

As a result...So many Americans Lack the Drive to be Outstanding,

because being Outstanding is not needed to live comfortable in This Country for the Majority

In Other Countries...as a means of survival you have to be "Above Average"...So their Drive to Succeed is Higher.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:
Damn im trynna duck the skin complexion topic...But i see allot of it on the last page

lol back to the Black Unity, and the Black Hate from those looking in from the outside.

I explained many of the reasons why others and outsiders view us as Ignorant And Lazy....

Many americans(not just black) are indeed lazy and have zero drive because It's too Damn easy to live "comfortably" in America.....

You see...the average "poor" american lives like a king compared to the rest of the world.

I know many people who Have multiple cars, An apartment...Beautiful expensive items in their home, tons of jewelry

But these people would still fall under the poor/working class financial bracket..

Bottom line it's just too damn easy to life comfortably in America (for most of us)

As a Result the Average American Male becomes lazy and has no drive or desire....

You give the most 18-24 year old men a Air Conditioner, 50 Inch Tv, Video Game, Apartment,Car,Bed,Junk Food,and One Woman

That^ Is to easy to achieve in America, because of so much freedom an Opportunity.

because being Outstanding is not needed to live comfortable in This Country for the Majority

In Other Countries...as a means of survival you have to be "Above Average"...So their Drive to Succeed is Higher.

True..so true.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 1:47am On Jul 04, 2012
stillwater:

Lol. To be honest, it doesn't bother me. It doesn't hurt and I'm serious. I only hear such things on NL and they are funny. The antagonism for Igbo people is more of a political nature in Nigeria and not based genetics. wink

I hear you. My husband said similar to what you said. He said he will make sure that all of his children are proud to be Igbos regardless of what people think of Igbos.

He is already quoting a bride price on Baby C and she ain't even had her period yet! Smh.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 1:52am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:

I see your point. I have said this before many times...yes America and UK has welfare system placed by the government however if other countries had welfare system........a man in Kenyan wouldn't be set on fire for stealing potatoes to survive. Yahoo boys wouldn't even have the time.....and you wouldn't have too many ashyhoes selling their arse for a dollar to the foreign tourists.

Let keep it real.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 04, 2012
lmao @ this thread!
Royal, i see u calling me Ignorant! angry
i went to an HBCU; every time African Americans and Africans got together, this topic just had to be addressed.......
we had to take classes on the issue, A.American history, the bullshit never ends! *sigh*
I'm not going to have this debate on Nairaland....MBA NU! (i knw how this plays out)
There is nothing new here that i haven't heard b4........
It's so funny that the thread is discussing Unity among Colored folks........
and Africans are "logically" blaming d disunity on A.Americans, while A. Americans are "intellectually" blaming the Africans.......
at d end of d day, all u guys are going to do, is breed more disunity!
lmao @ ppl tryna be smart.......rotflmao in Swahili grin

...the silly cycle never ends........

Concerning the Ebonics Royal, i would rather type Ebonics than having to type African American Vernacular when we all knw what ppl now commonly refer to as Ebonics. Since the 20th century, Ebonics has carried on a new meaning (lol). Lmfao @ ppl tryna prove their intelligence
@Royal, i doubt u knw what Bigotry mean. U need to meet real narrow-minded Nigerians(mostly older generation), then u would knw Ogugua and Kandiikane are far from being a Bigot.
P.S: Be warned! I'm prolly speaking bad English. lmao!

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 04, 2012
I don't believe in a English Purity hierarchy that is somehow dictated by Nationality or Race

I told you already, Kandii and a couple of the other females were getting at London for using Slang

Referring to it as "ghetto" and putting a negative connotation on to it

I stated that this logic and way of thinking is clearly hypocritical, Those particular women speak in broken dialect and "Ghetto" Variants of english on this very forum every single day

What are you offended by?

Post the Comment that offended you and i will explain it.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 04, 2012
To Simplify.

I own a Car

You own the same Car

I customize the car a certain way

You customize the car another way

Whose to say "either" of our "customization" of the original car is any More Superior to the Other?

Maybe we should be celebrating our creative ways of customizing cars, instead of arguing over whose customization is more superior

cool

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 04, 2012
Despicable-VII: Honestly i have yet to see anyone on this forum type with half way decent english since i been here
With that being said, In serious conversations i see Horrible english being presented on this forum.
I do not think they meant to be derogatory
they prolly couldn't understand what u guys were saying and wanted u to speak in a language they all could understand

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:35am On Jul 04, 2012
She meant to be derogatory, I personally think spitting anti american remarks while having mod power in the thread moistened her Vaglna slightly lol

After hiding each one of my replies which contained no profanity or vulgar language while i was explaining their ignorant logic....

She then transitioned to having a go at "ghetto british" people....

This wonderful display of Bigotry coming off her legendary display of calling a darkskinned gambian woman braiding hair "ghetto" and alluding to the fact she may live in a mud hut

LoL anything associated with her own deluded "perceptions" of what is "negative" about the black race, she calls "ghetto"

Weather it be creative speech....

Weather it be clothing attire...

Ect... she has a history of this.

And that Quote i Stand By 100% I was dead serious.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 04, 2012
Pretty much the people who have the ability to speak proper english choose not to do it 100% of the time

The Remaining Population seem to be incapable of such.

Yea, that's pretty accurate.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 04, 2012
I would also include myself in that top sentence that i wrote.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:

And that Quote i Stand By 100% I was dead serious.
*long hiss*
I wonder why person go dey write better English 4 dis website, where every body dey "text type". Wen no be exam we dey write undecided
Even u sef no sabi decent English! cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 04, 2012
Shollypopz(f), Royal-VII and 5 guest(s)

Kandii Come Play.... tongue

You was riding on "top" of me earlier....when you had ya power and ya Mod Hammer

Now Let me get on Top and Textually Fhuck you. grin

I enjoy when girls Ride on top but i like to switch places sometimes.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 04, 2012
Ill be back when Kandii's ready to Play. tongue
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:04am On Jul 04, 2012
Shollypopz: lmao @ this thread!
Royal, i see u calling me Ignorant! angry
i went to an HBCU; every time African Americans and Africans got together, this topic just had to be addressed.......
we had to take classes on the issue, A.American history, the bullshit never ends! *sigh*
I'm not going to have this debate on Nairaland....MBA NU! (i knw how this plays out)
There is nothing new here that i haven't heard b4........
It's so funny that the thread is discussing Unity among Colored folks........
and Africans are "logically" blaming d disunity on A.Americans, while A. Americans are "intellectually" blaming the Africans.......
at d end of d day, all u guys are going to do, is breed more disunity!
lmao @ ppl tryna be smart.......rotflmao in Swahili grin

...the silly cycle never ends........

Concerning the Ebonics Royal, i would rather type Ebonics than having to type African American Vernacular when we all knw what ppl now commonly refer to as Ebonics. Since the 20th century, Ebonics has carried on a new meaning (lol). Lmfao @ ppl tryna prove their intelligence
@Royal, i doubt u knw what Bigotry mean. U need to meet real narrow-minded Nigerians(mostly older generation), then u would knw Ogugua and Kandiikane are far from being a Bigot.
P.S: Be warned! I'm prolly speaking bad English. lmao!

and your point is....? Like really though...because I don't get it....

and what exactly do you mean people are "trying to prove their intelligence"?
People like WHOM?
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:
I don't believe in a English Purity hierarchy that is somehow dictated by Nationality or Race

I told you already, Kandii and a couple of the other females were getting at London for using Slang

Referring to it as "ghetto" and putting a negative connotation on to it

I stated that this logic and way of thinking is clearly hypocritical, Those particular women speak in broken dialect and "Ghetto" Variants of english on this very forum every single day....

my point exactly.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Blyss: 5:20am On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
That's sad.

I briefly read some of the comments and I wasn't surprised to read them because I know ignorance wins all day. However I do see some valid points on both side but the ignorance was overbearing.

Londonboy made an interesting comment about President Obama and how the older Blacks were in tears. That's fact. However we know the media is owned by those who have no interest in exposing the real truth.

I do agree that there are some Blacks living off the government but why are other nationalities including refugees are being "excluded"? Is that enough reason for disunity with Blacks?

What are the REAL REASONS is what I want people on both sides to express because it seems to be real fuckery that people aren't WILLING TO KEEP it 100.

What also made it interesting is that Londonboy is Nigerian and he understands the struggle that many colored folks go through in Western world. However, many Africans that come over without engaging in illegal and fraudulent activities are students from upper middle class families that can afford to send their members to school. You will never see a poor African attend American Universities unless they were selected by the Elite.

I don't know if you were on the Romance section when an Black American chatter created a thread dedicating to Nigerian men and how women should obtain a man and stay married. The responses from the men were expected however some of them weren't realistic. I basically said if she had dissed Nigerian men...she would have been called all kind of slave biatches, welfare queens, and a baby momma.

She titled it Akata teaching you how to keep a man and stay married.....(paraphrased)

Your thoughts?

Damn, did I miss something? Show me a link to the thread.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 04, 2012
@Chima

That's sad.

I briefly read some of the comments and I wasn't surprised to read them because I know ignorance wins all day. However I do see some valid points on both side but the ignorance was overbearing.

Londonboy made an interesting comment about President Obama and how the older Blacks were in tears. That's fact. However we know the media is owned by those who have no interest in exposing the real truth.

I do agree that there are some Blacks living off the government but why are other nationalities including refugees are being "excluded"? Is that enough reason for disunity with Blacks?

What are the REAL REASONS is what I want people on both sides to express because it seems to be real fuckery that people aren't WILLING TO KEEP it 100.

[size=18pt]What also made it interesting is that Londonboy is Nigerian and he understands the struggle that many colored folks go through in Western world. However, many Africans that come over without engaging in illegal and fraudulent activities are students from upper middle class families that can afford to send their members to school. You will never see a poor African attend American Universities unless they were selected by the Elite.
[/size]
I don't know if you were on the Romance section when an Black American chatter created a thread dedicating to Nigerian men and how women should obtain a man and stay married. The responses from the men were expected however some of them weren't realistic. I basically said if she had dissed Nigerian men...she would have been called all kind of slave biatches, welfare queens, and a baby momma.

She titled it Akata teaching you how to keep a man and stay married.....(paraphrased)

Your thoughts?

Excuse me, if I got this wrong, but are you not also directly the entertaining ignorance you're scolding @ the bolded.

Are you serious?

Never is such a strong word, esp when you're also speaking for others.

Who are these elites? And how are the student chosen by them?

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

and your point is....? Like really though...because I don't get it....

and what exactly do you mean people are "trying to prove their intelligence"?
People like WHOM?
IT WASN'T MEANT FOR YOU TO GET!!.......I THINK I MADE IT PRETTY OBVIOUS WHO MY COMMENT WAS DIRECTED AT!!

This thread started with trying to prove Kandii and Ogugua ignorant! Like really, do i hv to start quoting ppl mtcheeeww

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:
To Simplify.

I own a Car

You own the same Car

I customize the car a certain way

You customize the car another way

Whose to say "either" of our "customization" of the original car is any More Superior to the Other?

Maybe we should be celebrating our creative ways of customizing cars, instead of arguing over whose customization is more superior

cool
didn't need the simplification!! mtcheeew undecided undecided
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
IT WASN'T MEANT FOR YOU TO GET!!.......I THINK I MADE IT PRETTY OBVIOUS WHO MY COMMENT WAS DIRECTED AT!!

This thread started with trying to prove Kandii and Ogugua ignorant! Like really, do i hv to start quoting ppl mtcheeeww

lmao!! grin

right...just saw "people" and from my understanding that is plural.
so my bad...i guess. tongue
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 04, 2012
Blyss:

Damn, did I miss something? Show me a link to the thread.

it's pointless bro.

the moderator 'in charge' already deleted the pertinent posts.
so really you'll have to take chima's summary as it is....
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by DaRapture: 8:46am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

it's pointless bro.

the moderator 'in charge' already deleted the pertinent posts.
so really you'll have to take chima's summary as it is....

Damn, that's too bad. I missed out because my DaRapture account was put on suspention for posting too many pics in the African-American beauty thread. cheesy cheesy These mods are a trip round here. So they were in that thread talking ish about us again? Damn, that's just my kind of thread too, I'm pissed now that I missed it. I'm fittin to go AKATA up in this biatch now. angry
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 10:31am On Jul 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
@Chima

Excuse me, if I got this wrong, but are you not also directly the entertaining ignorance you're scolding @ the bolded.

Are you serious?

Never is such a strong word, esp when you're also speaking for others.

Who are these elites? And how are the student chosen by them?

LMAO@me entertaining ignorance by agreeing both sides had valid points and calling both sides ignorant. grin grin grin grin Gotcha.

Physic asked the same question and I answered it. I guess you didn't see that I also said both sides had valid points and listed my agreements.

You are entitled to your opinion...
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 10:44am On Jul 04, 2012
LMAO@Royal calling guests out. grin grin grin grin grin

Where is londonboy? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dating A Nigerian Guy In China / Yoruba Astrology & Their Western Equivalency / Whats The Eglish Meaning Of Ekule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.