Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware (5745 Views)

How Can I Upgrade My Tecno P3 Android Internal Memory / HELP! How Do I Upgrade Rooted Gingerbread To Jellybean. / Pls How Can I Upgrade My Blackberry Bold 2 To Bold 4? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by czay(m): 4:25am On Jul 04, 2012
I am using samsung galaxy sl i9003 which comes with froyo firmware (android 2.2} but I seriously need to upgrade it to gingerbread. Anyone in the house who can help me with that?..
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by brianromel(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2012
Since your using Froyo, download gingerbreak via google, it will root your phone and enable you move most apps to sd.

For upgrade to ginger bread or higher. go to you phone page on samsung, there should be an upgrade menu, register and login to apply upgrade.

Or check for “How to upgrade your phone firmware on google“ .

Be advised, you will need you usb cable for the upgrade and you may need to backup you data first before upgrade.

After you have upgraded, look for how to install custom roms or other roms for you phone.
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by czay(m): 8:43am On Jul 07, 2012
brianromel: Since your using Froyo, download gingerbreak via google, it will root your phone and enable you move most apps to sd.

For upgrade to ginger bread or higher. go to you phone page on samsung, there should be an upgrade menu, register and login to apply upgrade.

Or check for “How to upgrade your phone firmware on google“ .

Be advised, you will need you usb cable for the upgrade and you may need to backup you data first before upgrade.

After you have upgraded, look for how to install custom roms or other roms for you phone.
thanks much love
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by brianromel(m): 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2012
your welcome bro. Working on upgrading my lg p350 to an ice cream sunday.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2012
Nope....That's a very long process.... all u have to do is.download the stock firmware for your mobile device from www.samfirmware.com.... also download the flashware called ODIN from the same website.... launch ODIN...follow the instructions and ur decice.will upgrade within 5minute. the benefit of this method.over the.aforementioned. is that it is an offline upgrade... give it a try.... if still sceptical pls email pereira3g@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by czay(m): 9:09am On Jul 10, 2012
Theboynextdoor: Nope....That's a very long process.... all u have to do is.download the stock firmware for your mobile device from www.samfirmware.com.... also download the flashware called ODIN from the same website.... launch ODIN...follow the instructions and ur decice.will upgrade within 5minute. the benefit of this method.over the.aforementioned. is that it is an offline upgrade... give it a try.... if still sceptical pls email pereira3g@gmail.com
much appreciated I have mailed you because I want to break from froyo and explore...Thanks sir!
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 03, 2012
c-zay:

much appreciated I have mailed you because I want to break from froyo and explore...Thanks sir!

Hope I have attended to all enquiries and I believe you all must have been having a wonderful experience on your droids.

Jelly beans update is around the corner..... kip your fingers crossed .
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by czay(m): 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
Theboynextdoor:

Hope I have attended to all enquiries and I believe you all must have been having a wonderful experience on your droids.

Jelly beans update is around the corner..... kip your fingers crossed .
Can't wait to get my hands on the jelly beans update.
Thanks sir. The gingerbread experience is great.
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by opestein: 2:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
Remember dis, if u are new to Android, check if mobile Odin is supported by ur galaxy I9003,it is fast better and 100% secure than Odin for PC, just follow d instruction on how to use mobile Odin pro.GOOGLE DOWNLOAD MOBILE ODIN PRO v3.10 FREE.as stated before, download firmwares at samfirmware .com
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by Nascimento(m): 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2012
All this android stuff is really interesting. But sadly most android don't have qwerty keys. I love qwerty. If dias any android 2.3 gingerbread with qwerty, i join the android club.
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by Lexusgs430: 11:41pm On Oct 09, 2012
Nascimento: All this android stuff is really interesting. But sadly most android don't have qwerty keys. I love qwerty. If dias any android 2.3 gingerbread with qwerty, i join the android club.

Get the cha cha or galaxy pro range and update to your firmware of choice.
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Android Firmware by beeyee18: 11:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
i hv a htc evo design 4g for sale,its on ice cream 4.02.

very sharp 5.0 mp camera
has a 2.0 front cam
htc sense is amazing

call 08080187158 or email beeyee18@gmail.com

price is 35k negotiable to an extent.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_evo_design_4g-4202.php for full phone specs.

(1) (Reply)

MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? / Photo Of The Day : How Nigerians Rush To Plug Their Phones / MTN Rolls Out New Cheapest Data Plan On Mpulse Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.