Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) (5584 Views)

People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) / Amaechi: Wike Killed A Man, Cut Off His Private Part & Hung Him On A Tree / I Traded With Biafran Pounds Just Yesterday- Gbenga Osinaike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by WilliamCee(m): 7:00am On Jul 04, 2012
The man was just a normal Nigerian citizen going about his business, all of a sudden tragedy struck, a nearby PHCN pole fell and the high tension wire cut and pounced on this man.

He was highly electricuted and he died instantly... This happened beside my church just yesterday... He was just pedestrian, walking towards his death.

This happened in a residential street here in aguda, Surulere not even a market or highway...

This country is not safe at all... U are crossing the road, right there is a faulty vehicle that is about to hit you.

Ok U are travelling via air, right there again is a faulty air-plane about to crash.

Yet again U are just walking in the street, right there again is PHCN poles...

So what are we to do in this country.

It's very bad, RIP to the dead. God pls bless Nigeria.
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by vicoloni(m): 9:05am On Jul 04, 2012
SOMETIMES, BEING DEAD IS BETTER......RIP MAN.
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by cyril83(m): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2012
That's why Nigeria is stil Nigeria,there's no way this cursed country could move forward with all the blood sacrifice
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 04, 2012
WilliamCee: The man was just a normal Nigerian citizen going about his business, all of a sudden tragedy struck, a nearby PHCN pole fell and the high tension wire cut and pounced on this man.

He was highly electricuted and he died instantly... This happened beside my church just yesterday... He was just pedestrian, walking towards his death.

This happened in a residential street here in aguda, Surulere not even a market or highway...

This country is not safe at all... U are crossing the road, right there is a faulty vehicle that is about to hit you.

Ok U are travelling via air, right there again is a faulty air-plane about to crash.

Yet again U are just walking in the street, right there again is PHCN poles...

So what are we to do in this country.

It's very bad, RIP to the dead. God pls bless Nigeria.

Quite tragic. RIP.

Meanwhile, what street in aguda did it happen? what is the name of the church? At what time of the day did it happen?

We need these details to start holding government accountable. This is the age of citizen journalism. You may also be helping a reporter with an established newspaper get to the scene.

1 Like

Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 04, 2012
One more Nigerian based soul redeployed to ether. RIP
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by honeric01(m): 9:11am On Jul 04, 2012
cyril83: That's why Nigeria is stil Nigeria,there's no way this cursed country could move forward with all the blood sacrifice

How can the country be better with your damming statement?
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by acidtalk: 9:12am On Jul 04, 2012
Eyah this is so damn sad.

May his soul rest in peace.
That would have bEen a man probably on the move looking for the daily bread for his family.

Nigeria is so freaking messed up and I am begining to extend such hatred for today's clueless youths. Because rather than them think rightly and look for positive solutions they will be engaged in religious and political sentiments as well as keep themselves busy with irrelevant things like social networks, bbm and the rest, which have limited or no societal value.

If government can't provide jobs, empower youths, protect them then shouldn't they at least compensate them when their facilities take the lives of innocent souls?

If it was in a developed country, PHCN legal team would have started discussing with the deceased family by now on compensation and to avoid litigation.

I was in tears when all attention shifted to the 153 people on board that Dana Air yet only few people inquired how those that were sitting peacefully in their homes and the plane went to perish them should also come in the picture.

Only death of bigwigs make the headline, even though we know its the norm in today's world but at least let's duly compensate those that were unjustly killed (knowingly or unknowly) by government, private and public facilities.

Afterall no man's life is more important than another.

1 Like

Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by kemiola89(f): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2012
Aww! So sad! May his soul rest in peace.
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Cargoed: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2012
At times like that you wish there was no Light. As you say the man was going his way RIP.

In Aguda there are so many high tension intersections that go to the power plant there. We need to ask for standards in electrification. These days anybody who can where plastic glove can climb any pole and cut off light this should not be the case. Also there should be regular inspection of assets, the idea of build and leave it alone is nonsense. Also there has been a lot of encroachment to lands that where not for habitation the L.G.A has turned a blind eye.
IJESHA market, Aguda Building material market are all under high tension cables. Na God go save us for Nigeria
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by greall1: 9:38am On Jul 04, 2012
Well R.I.P
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 04, 2012
WHERE IN AGUDA DIS THIS HAPPEN? I STAY IN AGUDA TOO, MAKE I MAKE SOME CALL AND CONFIRM HOW TRUE
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Murphy7h4: 9:57am On Jul 04, 2012
Good point
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by ndidibabe(f): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2012
I hope NEPA will compesate the family..
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by ebamma(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2012
what do u expect when we have a government who don't value human life?
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by crackhouse(m): 10:41am On Jul 04, 2012
vicoloni: SOMETIMES, BEING DEAD IS BETTER......RIP MAN.
will i be right to say u are longing for it?
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2012
Wow this happened right in front of me, as at the time i joined those who gathered round him, he was still breathing oooooohhhhhh, It was yesterday morning it happened beside "Our Lady Fatima Catholic Church Aguda" i was on my way to work, i had to park to take a look, He was later rushed to a hospital, as at the time they took him, he was still alive, If he died on the way to the hospital, Fine!!!, But dying instantly is a big lie, But nevertheless, Nigeria is very unsafe!!!
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Arosa(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2012
Poor man, RIP. he will not get any compensation unless his family sue PHCN.
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 04, 2012
Ijogz K: Wow this happened right in front of me, as at the time i joined those who gathered round him, he was still breathing oooooohhhhhh, It was yesterday morning it happened beside "Our Lady Fatima Catholic Church Aguda" i was on my way to work, i had to park to take a look, He was later rushed to a hospital, as at the time they took him, he was still alive, If he died on the way to the hospital, Fine!!!, But dying instantly is a big lie, But nevertheless, Nigeria is very unsafe!!!

Thank you for the concrete info.

1 Like

Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by sylve11: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2012
Sad sad sad shocked cool cool
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by linkin8k(m): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2012
That's my church wow. Sad
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by kalufelix(m): 11:44am On Jul 04, 2012
Olodostein:

Thank you for the concrete info.
and how are u sure dis is d concrete one
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
kalufelix: and how are u sure dis is d concrete one

How sure are you that it is not a concrete one?

Tell me. Then will i tell how i went about confirming it.
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by shizzle11(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

So what is damming about his statement He stated the obvious
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by shizzle11(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

He stated th obvious.
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by StellaBella(f): 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
cyril83: That's why Nigeria is stil Nigeria,there's no way this cursed country could move forward with all the blood sacrifice

when we the people say enough is enough like the Eygptians and Libyians then we can have a better country.
Everyone is busy whinning, cursing and complaining, yet no one wants to fight for justice angry
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
linkin8k: That's my church wow. Sad
errr.i gotta ask dx,our lady fatima catholic church?is it a church or a mosque:/.smh!nigerians nd mixed priorities!!!!!
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 05, 2012
Na wa o
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Jenonye(f): 9:05am On Jul 05, 2012
errr.i gotta ask dx,our lady fatima catholic church?is it a church or a mosque:/.smh!nigerians nd mixed priorities!!!!![/quote]

Wetin dis one dey talk?
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by Jenonye(f): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2012
mZ sleeq:
errr.i gotta ask dx,our lady fatima catholic church?is it a church or a mosque:/.smh!nigerians nd mixed priorities!!!!!
mZ sleeq:
mZ sleeq:

Wetin this one dey talk
Re: PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) by sensydin: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
Phcn surulere pls check and correct anomalies to forestall future occurrences....may the repose of d dead rest in peace.

(1) (Reply)

The Hypocritical Government Of Adams Oshiomole / Yes Indeed! Ojukwu Was The One Who Released Awolowo - Deal With It / APC Thugs Undressed A Woman For Voting PDP In Kano Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.