Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,884 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

When We Were Young... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When We Were Young... (731 Views)

Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? / "IF Your Mother Never Does This To You(pix) When You Were Young Then am sorry 4u / Mention Funny Things You Did When You Were Young.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When We Were Young... by marvelck: 9:01am On Jul 04, 2012
Its with a strong heart I write this, as I look back to days, weeks, months and years gone by when things were alot better than now. when we fought the civil war to keep our Country (that's now disjointed), together, when our fathers also went to fight in burma for oyinbo man, when Iran & Iraq were on each other's neck, when 'unknown' soldiers invaded Fela's house, vandalizing both people and properties with reckless abandon, when the almighty soviet union fell like a pack of cards and when many thought prince charles would be king someday. since only a few ever thought the queen would still be on the throne till now. when we had so many sit tight civilian and military leaders, who until recently were untouchable. and when the likes of Mammar Ghadafi and Mubarak held sway in Libya and morocco. living large and doing bonga bonga. and when we had the berlin wall, american soldiers fighting in vietnam and bedding their women, when we had a JFK, a Martin Luther King Jnr, and a Malcolm X, watched the cosby show eating UTC bread with sardin, loved an Atom ant and voltron the defender of the universe. the world was calmer when we were young and not as volatile as it is now. I love those days than this jet age. though I was small, I love the smell of then, than the odour of today. a world now polluted and under the threat of global warming. as Obama is ruffled and baffled by a disappointed electorates and an eccentric economy. while our own GEJ is dazzled and confused as our nation lives in fear and at the brink of collapse. Brazil no longer rule the world of soccer anymore. Spain is now the latest and reigning song on every body's lips. if you are in doubt, you can confirm it from Italy. we dont dance to juju or fuji music anymore. neither do we listen to songs from the past. but now shake our heads and waists to crazy lyrics from skibanj, wizkid (our own justin bieber), Ice T, Omawunmi and terry g. the youth cant wait to become men, as they hush the old out of the way. too many gadgets everywhere, no wonder bombs keep exploding everyday. while we drag ourselves through streets and homes filled with aching hearts with daggers drawn, as couples now break up faster than those olden days records. I knew of some good Bible believing churches then, but we now so many of them lining up every street and corners. some even claiming to illuminate, and using artistes to propogate & celebrate. we are now living in a crazy world, so fast many cant keep up with the pace. no wonder everything and everybody seems to be falling apart. I love it when we were young. though things were done slowy but in a steady manner. we had hatred then, but the love was more. look at the world now. what do you see? I doubt if you can see clearly, since the sky is filled smoke, and the ground covered in blood. as we kill and bomb one another into extinction. I really do love it when we were young. And can give anything to experience it all over again. compare to the world we live in presently...

Re: When We Were Young... by Mynd44: 11:32am On Jul 04, 2012
Wrong section
Re: When We Were Young... by slimyem: 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
Op,learn to use paragraphs and spacings in your writing.
When you do,i'll be back to read..
Next please!
Re: When We Were Young... by Tyche(m): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
Where will one start reading from biko nu
Re: When We Were Young... by Peterson1993(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2012
Hmm another fight. . Bros Op job well done..!! Please duplicate this threads to all other sections.... They gana like it. I love the write up. Keep it up.!....
Re: When We Were Young... by Izuone: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
But now we are old.
Re: When We Were Young... by cindyrella(f): 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
Too long... I will come back later to finish it!

(1) (Reply)

List Of Perpetual Thread Derailers / 'seun, I Need Help Oh / A Complete Audio Studio Equipped With The Following Items For Sale:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.