Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

The Most Popular Name In The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Popular Name In The World (3309 Views)

Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible / Who is most popular Priest in your Area? / The Largest And Most Popular Church In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Popular Name In The World by Lordave: 9:49am On Jul 04, 2012
I think 'Jesus' is the most popular name in the world. What do u think?

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by tbaba1234: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2012
That's incorrect

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by logicboy01: 11:08am On Jul 04, 2012
tbaba1234: That's incorrect

Agreed
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by Lordave: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2012
tbaba1234: That's incorrect
'tbaba' is the most popular huh?
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by thehomer: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
Lordave: I think 'Jesus' is the most popular name in the world. What do u think?

Don't know, it could me Mohammed. Though it sure isn't Jesus.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by Lordave: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
thehomer:

Don't know, it could me Mohammed. Though it sure isn't Jesus.
ur opinion
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by thehomer: 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
Lordave: ur opinion

No it is a fact that more people are named Mohammed than at least Jesus. Take a look at these lists. One from China about surnames and the other about first names.
The name "Jesus" appears in neither of them.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by Lordave: 3:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
But more people are familiar wit d name 'Jesus' dan anyother name.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by Ptolomeus(m): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
exactly:
[size=18pt] Èsú[/size]
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by thehomer: 8:50am On Jul 05, 2012
Lordave: But more people are familiar wit d name 'Jesus' dan anyother name.

Many people are familiar with the names Ghandi, Hitler, Bush, Obama etc so what is your point with this response?

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by tbaba1234: 10:57am On Jul 05, 2012
Muhammad is the world's most popular name easily.... In every 10 muslims, you have maybe about 4 muhammads (a guess) in different forms...

Mohammad, Muhammad, Mohammed, Muhammed, Mohamed, Mohamad, Mahammed, Mohammod, Mahamed, Muhammod, Muhamad, Mohmmed, Mohamud and Mohammud. Mehmet (Turkey, Albania), Maxamed (Somalia)

Not forgeting: ahmad, hamed, ahmed...

http://veghead.xomba.com/whats_the_worlds_most_common_name
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 05, 2012
Just did a Google search on the names of Jesus and Muhammad.

Jesus = 642,000,000 million results (0.17 seconds)

Muhammad = 264,000,000 million results (0.15 seconds)

But to be honest it is an insult to compare our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus to a mere Man called Mo.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by tbaba1234: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2012
^Can you conduct the same google search in Arabic?

They are both men (May the peace and blessings of God be on both men)
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 05, 2012
tbaba1234: ^Can you conduct the same google search in Arabic?

They are both men (May the peace and blessings of God be on both men)

Nope.

One is a MAN, one is Deity.

Muhammad will bow before the feet of Jesus on Judgement day and confess that he is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings , and this also applies to all unrepentant Muslims.

Don't worry, soon and very soon you will see it with your own eyes.

"that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth," - Philippians 2:10

Psalm 95:6 Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;

[b]Isaiah 45:23 [/b]By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by tbaba1234: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2012
^ off topic,

yea, surely we will see
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ off topic,

yea, surely we will see

You guys worship Mo, it is true.

Muslims will kill for Mo but not Allah.

Mo is a MAN, period , end of story, he is waiting for judgement day like all of us and our Lord who has the most popular name not just on earth ( exceeds Mo by about 400 million name count ) but also under the earth and in heaven , will judge your Mo on the last day.

One man started a religion = ISLAM

God himself in the form of Christ came to save humanity = Christianity
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by justaqad(m): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2012
frosbel:

Nope.

Muhammad will bow before the feet of Jesus on Judgement day and confess that he is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings , and this also applies to all unrepentant Muslims.

seriously me bowing down before this hypocrite?In Matthew 27:45-46 , it says, "Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour. 46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" If Jesus is God...
habaa.....
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
justaqad:
seriously me bowing down before this hypocrite?In Matthew 27:45-46 , it says, "Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour. 46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" If Jesus is God...
habaa.....

Mate, you are not qualified to understand this scripture, first off you need your eyes opened from the blindness of this world, and then you need to repent from your sins, then God will reveal his words to you.

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."- 2 Corinthians 4:4
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by amor4ce(m): 12:46am On Jul 06, 2012
Ptolomeus: exactly:
[size=18pt] Èsú[/size]
Sadly, many of HIS people blaspheme HIS Name continually everyday.

Isaiah 52:5. "Now therefore, what do I here," says Oluwa, "seeing that my people are taken away for nothing? those who rule over them mock," says Oluwa, "and my name continually all the day is blasphemed.

Some others resist because of hatred/envy/tribalism.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by Ptolomeus(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
amor4ce: Sadly, many of HIS people blaspheme HIS Name continually everyday.

Isaiah 52:5. "Now therefore, what do I here," says Oluwa, "seeing that my people are taken away for nothing? those who rule over them mock," says Oluwa, "and my name continually all the day is blasphemed.

Some others resist because of hatred/envy/tribalism.

Dear friend: I do not blasphemous, I worship and respect him.
I do not take his name in vain.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by amor4ce(m): 8:09am On Jul 07, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Dear friend: I do not blasphemous, I worship and respect him.
I do not take his name in vain.
I was not referring to you but to those of Èsú's people who reject Him but prefer to praise Zeus all day long and everyday.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by Ptolomeus(m): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
amor4ce:
I was not referring to you but to those of Èsú's people who reject Him but prefer to praise Zeus all day long and everyday.

Yes, dear friend.
I do not criticize any religion. But it is quite astonishing that the overwhelming majority of Africans are unaware of their traditions.
I have no intention to offend, and I hope you understand the meaning of my comment ...
But unfortunately, it seems that for most Africans, whatever is Africa is bad or stupid, and all things foreign is good.
With these preconceptions, everything becomes difficult ...
I express my greatest affection.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by amor4ce(m): 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
It is like many Africans have been subjected to a lot of brainwashing and mind control.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by RZQ3: 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
cooldudes do not disturb your self MUHAMMAD is the most popular name in the world. That is sure.
Re: The Most Popular Name In The World by RZQ3: 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
frosbel:

Nope.

Muhammad will bow before the feet of Jesus on Judgement day and confess

pause please!! dont waste your time in vain.if you dont know what to say, why cant you just keep quiet? First, y? will you even choose a man like you as your own god? jesus sleep?,he eats,rest,deficate,and he even posses all the characteristics of a living organism, he has a well developed brain as you do which makes him to be classified under ['higher animals'(human being)]. If dont know let me tell the truth jesus is a servant of <ALLAH>The real <GOD>.muhammad[saw] and isa(jesus) are Both servant and messanger of [<ALLAH><GOD>].right?

(1) (Reply)

Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? / Did Jesus Die On A Cross Or A Stake? / PHOTOS: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World’s 4th L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.