Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? (1198 Views)

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? / Ladies Would You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife If: / Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? by BlueMurder(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2012
We know that the Nigeria Police Force is one of the most ridiculed, maligned and feared institutions in this country at the moment. As a responsible parent, what would you do if your child tells you he/she wants to join the Police?
Re: Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 04, 2012
BlueMurder: We know that the Nigeria Police Force is one of the most ridiculed, maligned and feared institutions in this country at the moment. As a responsible parent, what would you do if your child tells you he/she wants to join the Police?
Hell NO undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? by BlueMurder(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2012
kunletiwoo:
Hell NO undecided

Very serious. I remember several years ago when i was in the dungeon of unemployment, i almost joined the Force in desperation. Everyone i knew advised me to drop the idea like hot coal, in order not to earn my share of the huge volume of curses people heaped on policemen daily.

1 Like

Re: Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2012
BlueMurder:

Very serious. I remember several years ago when i was in the dungeon of unemployment, i almost joined the Force in desperation. Everyone i knew advised me to drop the idea like hot coal, in order not to earn my share of the huge volume of curses people heaped on policemen daily.

If you had joined the force then, you probably might have gone mad by the curses of innocent Nigerians. smiley I Thank God for your life though. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? by BlueMurder(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2012
kunletiwoo:

If you had joined the force then, you probably might have gone mad by the curses of innocent Nigerians. smiley I Thank God for your life though. cheesy

Thank God for yours too. smiley Wow! Are you saying most of our "olopa" don kolo? shocked
Re: Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 04, 2012
BlueMurder:

Thank God for yours too. smiley Wow! Are you saying most of our "olopa" don kolo? shocked

Yes bro, The funny thing is you'll see some of them wearing sandals on duty. lol
Re: Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? by BlueMurder(m): 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
kunletiwoo:

Yes bro, The funny thing is you'll see some of them wearing sandals on duty. lol

What? Are you sure those ones are not armed robbers in stolen/borrowed/rented police uniforms? grin Seriously though, our Police is in dire need of renewal. It appears the Acting IGP has taken the first steps by dismantling roadblocks and introducing new uniforms, but these are just tiny drops of disinfectant in an ocean of police filth. There is a long way to go before people would start regarding policemen as human beings after all.

1 Like

Re: Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
BlueMurder:

What? Are you sure those ones are not armed robbers in stolen/borrowed/rented police uniforms? grin Seriously though, our Police is in dire need of renewal. It appears the Acting IGP has taken the first steps by dismantling roadblocks and introducing new uniforms, but these are just tiny drops of disinfectant in an ocean of police filth. There is a long way to go before people would start regarding policemen as human beings after all.

Hmmmm! It's not all about the container but the content that is right inside the container. Most of them have loss focus of their core role and objectives as corruption is now the order of the day in their Camp.

They all have to be born again.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? by BlueMurder(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
kunletiwoo:

Hmmmm! It's not all about the container but the content that is right inside the container. Most of them have loss focus of their core role and objectives as corruption is now the order of the day in their Camp.

They all have to be born again.

As it is in other spheres of the nation's existence. Very shameful indeed, but we should be hopeful. In the meantime, it would be interesting to know what other NLers would do if their kids express the desire to join the Police. Would you threaten him/her with a curse? Would you encourage him, bearing in mind the "current reforms"? Or would you be indifferent? As for me, the fact that i do not want to be seen anywhere around the vicinity of a police station, should be enough to drive away any such thoughts from the minds of my kids. cheesy
Re: Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
BlueMurder:

As it is in other spheres of the nation's existence. Very shameful indeed, but we should be hopeful. In the meantime, it would be interesting to know what other NLers would do if their kids express the desire to join the Police. Would you threaten him/her with a curse? Would you encourage him, bearing in mind the "current reforms"? Or would you be indifferent? As for me, the fact that i do not want to be seen anywhere around the vicinity of a police station, should be enough to drive away any such thoughts from the minds of my kids. cheesy

Hahahah! grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Pls Save A Marriage / Advice Pls, My Parent Get Angry Because I Can Finish Many Shores / Huggies Snug & Dry Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.