Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! (1200 Views)

Showdown In Ekiti As Fayose Mobilises Okada Riders,nurtw / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation / Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! by hakanai(m): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2012
Edo 2012: CAN Mobilises For Oshiomhole As Governor Condemns Selling Of Voters’ Cards.

The Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Edo State, Bishop Peter Imasuen, has told Christian leaders to mobilise their congregration for the re-election of Governor Adams Oshiomhole.

Imasuen said: “We can now boast that we are Edolites because of the development everywhere.

“During Ogbemudia’s time, we were proud to say we were Bendelites and it started from the time of Midwest. But everything was left to rot until Oshiomhole came.

“This is the man God is using today. He is not asking us to bring money; what he desires from us is encouragement.

“When fathers say ‘go, it is well’, then it is well. We must back him up spiritually; he is going on campaign physically, so we must back him up with prayers.

“Prayer without works is dead, so we must mobilise our people to vote.”

The CAN Chairman told the clergy to mount the pulpit this Sunday and sensitise the people on the need to return the governor.

“Mount the pulpits and preach. I will get the feedback. Sensitise our people for the election, tell them we don’t want to go back to Egypt, we want to remain in the promised land.

“I want almost 99 per cent, if not 100 per cent votes for him, especially from Edo South which we control. Whether or not you have done your work, I will know when the result is out.”
Meanwhile, Governor Adams Oshiomhole has said some people are using his name to buy voters cards.

Oshiomhole, who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Peter Okhiria, said the activities of the politicians are frustrating the one-man-one-vote principle.

The governor urged voters to ignore the antics of the politicians as voting is part of their civic responsibilities.

He said security agencies have been instructed to arrest anyone breaching the peace.

“Information reaching us show that despite repeated calls on residents not to sell their voters cards, some desperate politicians have intensified their devious plot by inducing the people with cash and in some cases invoking the name of the governor as their sponsor.

“This is clearly to deceive the people and thereby frustrate the one-man-one-vote principle.

“While we note that it is both a criminal and electoral offence to buy or sell the voters card, we are equally concerned that these cards may be used for other criminal purposes, thus putting the original owners in trouble.

“We insist that the July 14 election will be based on the time-tested democratic principle of one-man-one-vote and the people are ready to resist unscrupulous politicians, who believe they are for sale.”
Re: Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! by hakanai(m): 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
yes o! religious politics.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! by Akanbiedu(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
haka_nai: yes o! religious politics.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Made in heaven. grin grin grin
Re: Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! by Arosa(m): 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
haka_nai: yes o! religious politics.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You do know that Oshiomhole is a Muslim right? only in Edo State that Christians(CAN) are campaigning for a Muslim. Naija make una follow Edo's lead we will get there someday. cool
Re: Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! by hakanai(m): 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
I know partially cos all na here say for me o!! considering he also attends both functions and service without a specific direction.He was sworn in and a prayer held all in the christian manner.My brother that is not the issue sha.My laugh is with the clergy men campaigning for a politician,in naija for that matter.using the pulpit to tell people about a political element.I though the pulpit is meant for matters of the next life?No offense meant sha. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
I have long been of the mind that CAN is nothing but a joke in that country.
Re: Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! by Mandelaguy(m): 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
What is wrong with pastors and religious leaders?
Re: Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! by Beaf: 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACN is desperately dragging everything into Edo states election. First was the "assasination attempt" in which Oshomole's convoy was riddled with bullets (it turned out to be a mere harmless student demo with no bullets), next it was the grievious mistake that saw them soiling the Oba's name. The latest victim is CAN.

As I did with the Oba's case, I'll predict again that CAN will come out to refute this story. When they do, feel free to call me T. B. Beaf! grin
Re: Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! by BigBossMan(m): 1:33am On Jul 05, 2012
Its not very wise for clergies to endorse politicians... but in the case of Adams I believe he deserves it for the following reasons
1. he has shown uncommon courage in fighting the forces that inhibited development in Edo state.
2. he has shown that Edo state is not the "Poor pensioner state" that we were made to believe it was under previous administrations
3. he has shown that development can get to those areas of the state that were once considered as "impossible terrains" examples are
a. the numerous communities that had no access roads and were consider a no-go- area during the raining season
b. the ongoing storm water project for the de-flooding of Benin metropolis
c. the provision of water in Esan land. Esan land has produced 2 ministers or works. 2 vice presidents, 1 first lady numerous senators and top government officials. it was once said that it is impossible to get potable water in Esan land because of the terrain but now... the story is different cos water is flowing in many communities in Esan land and more are to come.
4. the list in endless. Edo state people have seen the difference and are ready to protect the gains of the past few years
Re: Edo 2012: Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Mobilises For Oshiomhole !!! by Lisa1: 3:24am On Jul 05, 2012
Sure thing[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Commercial Driver Crashes& Kills An Albino (with Pics) / National Newspaper Headlines(friday, 14 September 2012) / All Those Beautiful Years We Spent In Nigeria-a Ghanian Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.