Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. (17840 Views)

Types Of People You May Find In A Video Game Arena / Five Android Horror Games That Will Scare The Living Hell Out Of You / What Are Your Video Game Weird Habits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by drejunior: 8:47am On Jul 21, 2012
U finished dantes inferno wow I love does liTtle children scare the hell out of me
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Dabss(m): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2012
To me I will say dead space 2 because of the music and zombies jumping on you from nowhere. Mehn!! That game can cause a heart attack. Even the iPhone version can be very scary with headphones on
I haven't played RE4 but I finished RE3 nemesis and it wasn't all that scary.
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by usermane(m): 10:06am On Jul 21, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:
To me I will say dead space 2 because of the music and zombies jumping on you from nowhere. Mehn!! That game can cause a heart attack. Even the iPhone version can be very scary with headphones on
I haven't played RE4 but I finished RE3 nemesis and it wasn't all that scary.
Oh man, u finished RE3 NEMESIS without fear?,dt game scared me when i just played a mini fraction of it.
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by cocoduck: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2012
man hunt 2 is also scary but you deal with poeple not zombies
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by bush4ker(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2012
if u want to suffer from epilepsy go and play ps3 resident evil 5
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Macrophage(m): 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
I'm currently playing Dead Space (dated,I know). Scary as hell. A lesser man may not live to tell the story. grin
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
I've ended all d res evil cept 5 which i was playing be4 my ps3 got the YLOD,in all my years of video gaming i wud say dead space2 is d scariest,the story line,creatures,music n errything cud fook up ur mind..dis doesn't concern the topic sha but wat happened to dino crisis?that game was cray back in d day
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by bush4ker(m): 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
how is dead space in android?
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by bush4ker(m): 7:31am On Aug 25, 2012
mortal kombat is like mario kart me
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Rogbese(m): 5:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hmm, let me see. I don old small so I need to think back a whilegrin. The scariest game I played was Half Life Game Of The Year edition. I'm into graphics and I had this 21 inch Eizo monitor, professional stuff. I had a creative labs sound blaster Audigy card connected to some BAD subs. The atmospherics from that game were bad. So bad that walking round a corner and this mutant jumped me! I was so scared I didn't shut down my pc, I yanked the cable out!!!
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 04, 2012
It would have to be Dead Space 1 & 2.
Those damn necromorphs!! undecided

I think DS took Resident Evil's place
when it comes to survival horror.

Silent Hill kinda lost it's scariness
I guess due to the modern graphics, but it
is still rather scary.
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 04, 2012
usermane:
Pls dont mention mortal kombat no matter how scary u found it, it horror can't compare with the other games mentioned above

IKR. grin grin grin

MK and Streefighter both used to SCARE THE S88888T out of me when
I was a child! But then again so did the ending credits of the tv show
"where is Carmen Sandiego" grin tongue

That goes to show, MK is hardly scary. It's more gore and action than anything.
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
*Kails*:

MK and Streefighter both used to SCARE THE S88888T out of me when
I was a child! But then again so did the ending credits of the tv show
"where is Carmen Sandiego" grin tongue

Hahahaha!!! Carmen San Diego is like a myth here in the UK, no-one remembers grrr.

Ditto re MK.
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by usermane(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2012
*Kails*:
It would have to be Dead Space 1 & 2.
Those damn necromorphs!! undecided

I think DS took Resident Evil's place
when it comes to survival horror.

Silent Hill kinda lost it's scariness
I guess due to the modern graphics, but it
is still rather scary.

yeah i agree and i 'll get dead space soon. I just beat resident evil 4. A real good game, not fully horror but it had damn scary moments like the regenerators scenes, the oven man, mendez, the castle,the zealot and their continous chants. Some of the moments got me yelling to my horror. Even the wolves in the part scared the hell out of me. I wonder how much scare dead space has to offer
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by omotolsy(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
Fear 3
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 16, 2012
usermane:

yeah i agree and i 'll get dead space soon. I just beat resident evil 4. A real good game, not fully horror but it had damn scary moments like the regenerators scenes, the oven man, mendez, the castle,the zealot and their continous chants. Some of the moments got me yelling to my horror. Even the wolves in the part scared the hell out of me. I wonder how much scare dead space has to offer

im sure the new dead space will be just as epic as the first two. cool
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by bush4ker(m): 8:22am On Dec 18, 2012
that should be d suffering PC/ps2
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Riskymallam: 9:56am On Dec 18, 2012
That game scared the Bejezus outta I and my cousin. Coupled with the fact that we only got to play the game at night cos of our busy schedule.

I'd have mentioned RE1, but I was only a kid then. So that doesn't really count grin

babseg: Mine was ALONE IN THE DARK

Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Riskymallam: 9:56am On Dec 18, 2012
lol

usermane: mine would resident evil 4. I recently bought it and tried it on my ps2 only to discover i was shivering as the game progressed. How about you
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by azpekuliar: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
BioHazard 4 (Resident Evil 4)! Certain points in the game scared da hell out of a grown man! Haven't played RE5, but I'd try Dead Space for size someday. Too busy trying to eke out a living.
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by AndreOgara(m): 10:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
lol you can say that again. No game has ever gotten past Resident Evil 4. Not even Resident Evil 5 on PS3. RESIDENT EVIL 4 can never be matched again sadly. Gawd...those Regenerators....talk less of the Iron Maidens(Worse-Regenerators)...RE4 is a master piece!!!
bright007: Oh!how I love scary video games.My first was dino crisis 2 in PS 1.I remember flinging my pad when I first encountered T-REX at d gate.
I moved on to play å series of mind-buggling games but one of my best was RES evil 4.
Remember shooting d regenerators at first and they would not die,but later learnt u need an infra-red scope to see their weakness.
I love scary games.
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by usermane(m): 12:25am On Dec 25, 2012
K, who has played condemned: criminal origin on xbox360, another scary and horror first person shooter?
Pls try it out if u got a 360(not available 4 ps3) and i guarantee u fear and hallucination
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by usermane(m): 7:43am On Dec 25, 2012
Andre Ogara: lol you can say that again. No game has ever gotten past Resident Evil 4. Not even Resident Evil 5 on PS3. RESIDENT EVIL 4 can never be matched again sadly. Gawd...those Regenerators....talk less of the Iron Maidens(Worse-Regenerators)...RE4 is a master piece!!!
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by usermane(m): 7:45am On Dec 25, 2012
[quote author=Andre Ogara]Gawd...those Regenerators....talk less of the Iron Maidens(Worse-Regenerato)...RE4 is a masterpiece!!! [/qute
SPOILERS
Some of the moment of fear 4 me in RE4 were
1. The chainsaw ganado(Dr salvador). Its kind of freaky when amidsts the chase in the village u run into a murderous chainsaw wielder whose face is covered with a dirty brown sac that only reveal his eyes. He charges at u with rage as u try to take him out initially in futile attempts with ur pistol and only one touch is enough to get ur head rolling.

2. The cutscene b4 the fight with the town mayor. U think the room is empty only to see the monster grab leon out of nowhere from behind as though he 'd bn hiding and watchng u d whole time.

3. The castle was scary with the zealots endless chants. Sometimes u dont know where the voices come from hence u keep running about amidsts the confusion only to hear a cunning laughter, noticing all of a sudden that u r standing just a step away from them.

4. The Merchant. Evn though he is a friend. U get scared when u see him unexpectedly and this happen on several occasions as i get so frighten that only after aiming at him would i recall he is for me. The issue is that his robe is black and brown,the very colour of the villagers and zealots outfit so u easily think he is one of them.
Well he is. The merchant is a ganado but somehow he is able to retain his freewill and rebel against Saddler.

5. Salazer 's right arm, the creature that chased leon across the underground sewer. Put urself in Mr kennedy 's shoe and visualize this in reality,...oh u see,.. that 's easy when u play alone on quiet night in d dark whether complete or partial dark. In addition to his terrific look,he is fast swift and quite intelligent. He is invincible except when frozen with the liquid nitrogen. Though u need not to defeat him, u spend time running out of his sight and dodging his attacks impatiently expecting d lift.

6. U-3. This is the boss u meet when u r finally out of the castle. U-3 is ugly,powerful and very stubborn coming after u evn after crossing the valley to d other end. During the bout i locked myself in a narrow pathway gate sighing with relief of escape only to see U3 crash it down to my shock.

7. The Lab, the regenerators and Iron maiden.
The lab was quiet, not dark but full of abandoned bio experiments which confers feeling of imminent horror.
Once i picked up the card an inanimate regenerator i saw earlier, paying no attention, animated and matched towards me. I held my stand, equiped my shotgun and tried shooting. Too late leon, this beast was already grabbing and chewing out my avatar 's throat. I screamed and threw d pad aside. And how about when u switch off the freezing mechanism in the ice room to collect infra red scope, again a frozen regenerator thaws, collapse and reanimates, heading straight towards. Meanwhile u saw him frozen,initially only being the least of ur worries. How on earth will u get d scope if u don't melt the ice and how on earth will you melt the ice without the regenerator thawing out and animating.
Unlike the ganados(villagers/zealots) the regenerators don't linger around u,neither do they play hide-and-seek with u. 0nce within their vicinity they come right towards u, matching steadily. They r deadly enough to grab and attack u evn while been knocked down on d floor. And their look is immensely dreadful.

8. The Oven man.
Came as a jump scare. They r many cupboards in resident evil 4, mostly containing valuables. Of course this isn't a cupboard but i believed as long as it can b opened, therein lies an item 4 me. How wrong was i only to yell in fright when i opened it and a burning ganado jumped out pouncing upon me b4 i could blink an eyelid. Sapping out all leon 's health till they both collapsed. I nvr saw this coming. The room was small,quiet,bright and full of bakery foods,enough to calm down my nerves, so i didn't need to think twice b4 opening d oven.

9. After my knife fight with krauser, i had to follow Ada to get d anti-virus as the parasite was gradually taking over leon 's mind. At one room, i stormed into a big box. Not learning from the oven experiment, i opened it and in it was a sac dangling like something was forcing it way out, and God knows, whatever it is, am in plain trouble. So with fear i managed to grab my Red-9 unloading bullets after bullet on d sac till the shaking ceased. Its kind of funny now cos i 've realised there wasn't anything inside. But them the whole campaign to rescue Ashley had been full of horror usually disguised initially as puzzling surprises that u 'd rather kill b4 u r under attack. At this point in the game, u 've almost lost ur grip on reality,so much absorbed in d game that u can take nothing 4 granted. All i knew them was that, whatevr d content,it was safer to shoot than to stand watching 4 anythng, perhaps ur patience only 2 b punished by another yell at d sight of d tv screen.

1 Like

Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by wkid(m): 1:51am On Dec 26, 2012
My broda was very scared while playing 'painkiller' on my system.
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 26, 2012
lol dang usermane!! grin

what a testimony!! so basically the entire RE4 scared you huh? grin
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by usermane(m): 10:03am On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:
lol dang usermane!! grin

what a testimony!! so basically the entire RE4 scared you huh? grin
@kails, a lot of parts scared me cos i was alone at home throughout most of the game. But the game is very long,about 20-25 hours,hence beside being scary there were some part of the game that seemed like a walk in the park.
I don't know if u ve play the game though
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by AndreOgara(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=usermane][/quote]I honestly would like to know you man. I'm drooling over your articulate analysis. Just as no game would be able to match the horror and monstrosity of RE4, I doubt if any one can match your review of the game. You have even reminded ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ places I forgot about totally. It's easy to see the flaw in some games' graphics once you start playing next gen console games but RE4 has remained relevant even with the recent release of RE5 and RE6. Fans of the franchise still hail RE4 as the best ever. The stages, the bosses, the weapons, (chicago typewriter), the characters (Ada wong is ​S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ sexy) and the storyline are all frighteningly good! Hit ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ up on facebook amigo. I like your review. http://www.facebook.com/andreogara
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by AndreOgara(m): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dead space? That's a first. I think I will give it a try. Time to explore new territories. I have RE6 but have been unable to get it to work cos I haven't been able to unlock it but RE5 ωąs a slap in the face... It just has gorgeous graphics. I will try dead space and see if it beats RE4.
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
Andre Ogara: Dead space? That's a first. I think I will give it a try. Time to explore new territories. I have RE6 but have been unable to get it to work cos I haven't been able to unlock it but RE5 ωąs a slap in the face... It just has gorgeous graphics. I will try dead space and see if it beats RE4.

OH MAN!! DS is top of the LINE in the survival horror category!! grin
go for it man!! you won't be disappointed!

usermane:
@kails, a lot of parts scared me cos i was alone at home throughout most of the game. But the game is very long,about 20-25 hours,hence beside being scary there were some part of the game that seemed like a walk in the park.
I don't know if u ve play the game though

Of course I've played RE4 smiley
I don't know though, I just don't find the new gen. RE games to be scary. They are more action than scary. Now we talk about RE2, then hell yeah!! grin The first RE had me turning on ALL the lights in my house! grin grin And even then I'd get so scared esp. when Nemesis was coming to get me that I would literally throw the controller! grin grin
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by AndreOgara(m): 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
I think you are talking about RE3. That's Jill Valentine of S.T.A.R.S and her survival journey out of racoon city. Do you remember a particular part where Nemesis suddenly jumps out of the window to ambush Jill while she was going downstairs? Now that's a hair-raiser moment!!!

*Kails*:

OH MAN!! DS is top of the LINE in the survival horror category!! grin
go for it man!! you won't be disappointed!

Of course I've played RE4 smiley
I don't know though, I just don't find the new gen. RE games to be scary. They are more action than scary. Now we talk about RE2, then hell yeah!! grin The first RE had me turning on ALL the lights in my house! grin grin And even then I'd get so scared esp. when Nemesis was coming to get me that I would literally throw the controller! grin grin
Re: Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. by bush4ker(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
need for speed² grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Is A Second Hand Xbox One / Download PES 2016 ISO For PPSSPP (only Working Link) / Lcd Or Led? Which Is Best For Ps3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.