Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,322 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:29 PM

Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal (13392 Views)

Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Robin Van Persie Named PFA Player Of The Year / Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by otumfour(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
Published: July 4, 2012 - 4:03 pm

This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

Robin van Persie

http://robinvanpersie.com/2012/07/04/update-for-the-fans/

1 Like

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by otumfour(m): 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
the saga of the tropphyless'ness of A/S/SNAL continues grin

1 Like

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by kebsongeee: 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
LET HIM GO TO HELL

2 Likes

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
We nw hv Podolski and Olivier, if he likes he shld join eyimba... tongue

11 Likes

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by amosy007: 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
A player can neva be bigger than d club.. Not an arsenal fan but with or without him.. D club will survive..
Besides we got to respect his decision becoz a he is 28 with little years remaining for.. He needs silverware to crown all his effort as a player

2 Likes

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by ZUBY77(m): 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
Good news for Chelsea.
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by fredoooooo: 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
trust arsenal supporters grin grin grin grin grin grin i no fit laugh jare grin grin grin grin
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by cyril83(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
Let him f.uc.k off jOooor
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
He had only one good season and now he wants to go? When he was injured the club supported him, and now this is how he pays back? City, Man-U or Chelsea can have him

2 Likes

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Nasri100(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
A statement... on a fucking website... And he tweeted the link. It's like a SMS break up!

1 Like

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by anishe(m): 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2012
So long as Arsenal continue with their phylosophy, they will remain trophless for a number of years to come. Though, they are making more money than any other teams in the EPL, however, the joy of every player is to win trophies upon trophies. This is however not achievable with Arsenal because of its phylosophy. No wonder the guy is leaving.
Fabregas left and has won quite a number of trophies in one season. The same goes for Samir Nasir who left at the beginning of last season and has to its credit, the EPL Champion medal.
Wake up Arsenal.

2 Likes

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by AndreUweh(m): 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
ZUBY77: Good news for Chelsea.
but chelsea has never been interested in him. Moreover, chelsea hardly comes for Arsenal players. Even when Chelsea bought Cole, Cole engineered the move.
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by waja(m): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
kebsongeee: LET HIM GO TO HELL
. Guy na trouble?
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Everest9(m): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
Good for him
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
The blues rule 4eva. Van p is taking d ryt step no offense Arsenal sucks lyk a piece shhhit. I mean d club o not d fans wink
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Chaydee(m): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
choi! See Fabregas Handiwork, anyways RVP Welcome to Manchester United grin grin grin

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by passionate88: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
let's wait and see... two weeks isn't that faraway...
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by fankasibe: 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
I swear....i hate all arsenal fans more than gunners fans....A GUN WITHOUT BULLET.....R.I.P
UP MAN.UTD!!!
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by gbogboti: 7:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
RVP welcome to the BRIDGE...we make trophies like Mercedes Benz make cars. The worst we can be is Toyota....LOL

1 Like

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Chaydee(m): 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
fankasibe: I swear....i hate all arsenal fans more than gunners fans....A GUN WITHOUT BULLET.....R.I.P
UP MAN.UTD!!!

You no only get Mouth bro... You get MOUTHS wif dat grin grin grin

Wenger Troll!

1 Like

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by akereconfi: 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
CHELSEA 16.......... ARSENAL 2

MAN U 10............ARSENAL 0

WIGAN 4 .........ARSENAL 4
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
Who wan associate with a useless and trophyless club like Arsenal

1 Like

Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Reference(m): 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
The club has a philosophy. The man has a philosophy. I respect both. Good luck to him. He gave everything last season to save the club at the expense of the Euros.
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by akereconfi: 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
.......ARSENAL BUSINESS CLUB........RVP go for trophy jor n leave that french whinging frog call wenger
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
RVP might just get a trophy before the end of next season like Nasri and co did.. He has seen "d direction of the club". Its only one life we've got and he wants to make the best of his chosen career in life. IMO
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by francis247(m): 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2012
Really? I thought he said his mom has told him to and that he will stick with the club and continue to live on peanuts from stingy Wenger as a village champion. Btw, which club is he heading to now that City is not as interested in him as they were before the UEFA Euros.
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dabrake(m): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
that is his decision and we should respect it but is arsene learning anything new? Even eduardo da silva who was brilliant couldn't stay long at the emirates due to injury. Yet, this same rvp is synonymous with injury. He now brags - something he couldn't do 3 years ago. I hope he signs for man city let me see how balotelli, aguero and the entire man city team treats him like a point man(something arsenal did). I just hope arsene will be wise and stop believing in injury oriented/floppy players.
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dahdah: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2012
Well said RVP. For not asking for a pay rise shows your mentle. But if Wenger doesnt add a recognise center back, Midfielder and another goal keeper, and sell the likes of Aeron Ramsey, Djorou, Diaby, squallachi, Marouan Chamck, Manuel Almona, Lukas Fabianski, then you have every reason to look for trophies else where. A player is remembered for the trophies he won. Even the very lousy Nasri now has a League medal and why not you. You deserve it morethan every other person for being true to us and Arsenal
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by dabrake(m): 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
dayokanu: Who wan associate with a useless and trophyless club like Arsenal
who wan associate with a never-winning finalist like bayern munchen?
Re: Robin Van Persie Will Not Extend Arsenal Deal by DaLover(m): 7:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
Chei!!!!
I hope it not free transfer....
Ego ko di?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester United Step Up Search For Permanent Manager With Pochettino Favoured / Manchester United Vs West Ham: FA Cup (1 - 1) ON 13th March 2016 / Leeds Vs Chelsea (0 - 3) On 11th May 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.