Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? (16113 Views)

The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate / ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended- February 1, 2012 / Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by redcliff: 9:25am On Jul 05, 2012
olagamalin: Hmmn..i am an Akokite myself, and i mU̶̲̥̅̊st say your writing leaves much to be desired...there's room for improvement though.

I believe you are very jobless. Waking up so early to pick out grammatical errors from people's posts. U should know no one is above errors. I stand to be corrected but I think u need to mind ur own business and just read thru without commenting if u have nothing to say.
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by pato405(m): 9:32am On Jul 05, 2012
warlei: : Thank God.i was formally a stdt of dat glorified sec school in elele,the man brainwaishes his students of his powers,jugging on monday nd teusday,maltreat ment of stdts.that school should be shut down.thank God am now an Akokite.

MManuel:
with your vocabulary i see reasons why you had to withdraw from madonna uni, you probably had a hard time communicating. '...formally...'

don't blame the University, blame WAEC and the other meaningless examination board - NECO. They are architects of this decayed system as far as the quality of education is concerned. Students who can hardly spell their names skate through these corrupt exam boards in flying colours. Don't be surprised if this monkey made straight A's in O'level and with 300k, viola - he's in Lead city, Madonna or any of these mushroom universities. Just within a sentence, it's not taking us effort here on NL to spot them. Imagine engaging this student on a one-on-one conversation/dialogue..hmmmm. I bet you'll not only need a helmet, you'll most definitely need to take a full dose of paracetamol afterwards. making an impeccable statement is a herculean task for many of them. 9ja ! everything is just WRONG in that country! in as much as spelling mistakes abound and are pardonable, there's just a measure that can be taken...when it becomes too much, it won't be unusual to raise some questions particularly when topics like this one are on board.

...formally..
...brainwaishes...
....teusday....
....maltreat ment...

all within a sentence o!
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by Smallville4live(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2012
oneakj: Can somebody give a link to confirm names of university dat are involved?...u guys are just mentioning names

dailytimes.com.ng/article/nuc-suspends-licences-seven-private-universities#.T_VBarnTnfE.facebook
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by Afam4eva(m): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2012
What were the reasons given for the suspension of these universities? I think the NUC should not just wake up and be withdrawing the licence of universities they issued licences to in the first place. At the end of the day it's the innocent students that will suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by phermonyx(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2012
Its true ooooooo, just comfirmed it now. Madonna aΩ̴d̶̲̥̅̊ six other universities.
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by yoosooph: 9:58am On Jul 05, 2012
Before we can condemn any of these Universities, we need to know their offenses. We don't know what to believe in this country.

We have private Universities all over the world. Even with those Private Universities in Nigeria, we still have lots of students yet to gain admissions into Universities. What if we don't have them?

Also, these Private Universities create more job opportunities for Nigerians and give rooms for competitions.

Mind you, our leaders are products of Public Tertiary Institutions,
have they done better? and what is the position of Nigeria best School in Africa? Are they better than Private Universities? Have you forgotten that we have the same Lecturers in those Universities?

Fellow Nairalanders, we all know we have problems in Nigeria, let's think of how we can help not condemning good development.
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by pato405(m): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2012
afam4eva: What were the reasons [/b]given for the suspension of these universities? I think the NUC should not just wake up and be withdrawing the licence of universities they issued licences to in the first place. At the end of the day it's the innocent students that will suffer.

yoosooph: Before we can condemn any of these Universities, we need to know [b]their offenses. We don't know what to believe in this country.

We have private Universities all over the world. Even with those Private Universities in Nigeria, we still have lots of students yet to gain admissions into Universities. What if we don't have them?

Also, these Private Universities create more job opportunities for Nigerians and give rooms for competitions.

Mind you, our leaders are products of Public Tertiary Institutions,
have they done better? and what is the position of Nigeria best School in Africa? Are they better than Private Universities? Have you forgotten that we have the same Lecturers in those Universities?

Fellow Nairalanders, we all know we have problems in Nigeria, let's think of how we can help not condemning good development.

They probably haven't greased NUC's palms the way NUC expects them to. grin grin grin grin grin grin. everything in Nigeria is about the Benjamins'! Have you forgotten the proverbial saying...''to whom much is given, much is expected''..? grin grin grin grin As far as NUC is concerned, they have murdered sleep by collecting high tuition fees, and thus, they must remit some of the exploited loot to them. NUC will surely oppress them under the guise of not meeting academic standard until they get their share - as if they truly care about the standard/quality of education in tertiary institutions.. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by xpensivenicole: 11:06am On Jul 05, 2012
Jamb hasn't jambed some pple...U guys should say the truth most of this private unis listed here are better dan some states unis,when it comes to infrastructures and strike,why didn't N.U.C suspend @ least one state uni or fed uni,cos m sure not all d states unis hv maintained the standard given..b4 u start sayn ill manner things bout the schs listed reconsider.
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by OmoEziokwu: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2012
I remember when the topic on this school (Madonna University) was first brought up, many came out to defend the school and say that all the allegations against the school were wrong. Now what do we have? A poohole that has continued to rip people off their money and destroy the future of young and great Nigerians, leaving many with scars that would be hard to recover from. Well this is just the beginning because there is still more to be revealed about the school. Madonna is one of the most evil places you can think of, maybe asides Kirikiri prison. Everything is fake and the people there act as if they are under a spell and can't talk about what was happening to them. The University accommodation is pathetic and the whole "justice" system of the school is at best, hideous. The head of students' affairs, a certain "Aunty Philo" has everybody under her feet, including the HODs and lecturers. She tells you anything she likes for you to pay as fine. Students get expelled for nothing, crazy fines are imposed on students, people aren't even allowed to write their carry-over exams so that they'll repeat and pay the school fees again for a spill-over, and even when they write their spill-over exams, they are not given their results and never allowed to graduate. You have people who come into Madonna for a four-year course having to spend nine (9) years or never even allowed to graduate. There is no synergy between the exams and records department and the various faculties and departments, and that is the reason why students keep complaining of missing results even after they have taken the exams. You could even be woken up at 12AM to be told that you just got expelled, if maybe a phone gets missing in the room you are sleeping in, even if you know nothing about it. At different times, Father Edeh even brings foreigners who he claims are on exchange programs to the school, but on a closer look they are members of foreign charity organizations that have come to see the supposed "charities" that he claims to be running. On a weekly basis, at certain times he makes photographers take pictures of students who are woken up around 6AM, looking all rough and unkempt because they haven't taken their bath and all of that, and the news that makes the rounds is that he uses such pictures to solicit for help from foreign aid organizations. After that (the "jogging session"wink, he will make them sit under the sun for between two (2) to three (3) hours, telling them one lie after the other, about how he went to Chicago University and how he is trying to bring the best equipment to Madonna. The security men have absolute powers, meaning that you can't even explain yourself if there is any awkward or wrong situation you are accidentally found in. Has anybody asked about what is going on in the so-called medical school? That one is the biggest joke of all. Anyone who think that all of this is a lie should pay that place a visit. It is not about anyone forcing anybody to go there, some people actually attended the school because it was listed as a Nigerian university to be attended, just like every other Nigerian university. Drawing from that, it would then be unfair to say "you weren't forced to go there".

Please take a look at this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/805270/scam-center-called-madonna-university
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by pato405(m): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2012
OmoEziokwu: I remember when the topic on this school (Madonna University) was first brought up, many came out to defend the school and say that all the allegations against the school were wrong. Now what do we have? A poohole that has continued to rip people off their money and destroy the future of young and great Nigerians, leaving many with scars that would be hard to recover from. Well this is just the beginning because there is still more to be revealed about the school. Madonna is one of the most evil places you can think of, maybe asides Kirikiri prison. Everything is fake and the people there act as if they are under a spell and can't talk about what was happening to them. The University accommodation is pathetic and the whole "justice" system of the school is at best, hideous. The head of students' affairs, a certain "Aunty Philo" has everybody under her feet, including the HODs and lecturers. She tells you anything she likes for you to pay as fine. Students get expelled for nothing, crazy fines are imposed on students, people aren't even allowed to write their carry-over exams so that they'll repeat and pay the school fees again for a spill-over, and even when they write their spill-over exams, they are not given their results and never allowed to graduate. You have people who come into Madonna for a four-year course having to spend nine (9) years or never even allowed to graduate. There is no synergy between the exams and records department and the various faculties and departments, and that is the reason why students keep complaining of missing results even after they have taken the exams. You could even be woken up at 12AM to be told that you just got expelled, if maybe a phone gets missing in the room you are sleeping in, even if you know nothing about it. At different times, Father Edeh even brings foreigners who he claims are on exchange programs to the school, but on a closer look they are members of foreign charity organizations that have come to see the supposed "charities" that he claims to be running. On a weekly basis, at certain times he makes photographers take pictures of students who are woken up around 6AM, looking all rough and unkempt because they haven't taken their bath and all of that, and the news that makes the rounds is that he uses such pictures to solicit for help from foreign aid organizations. After that (the "jogging session"wink, he will make them sit under the sun for between two (2) to three (3) hours, telling them one lie after the other, about how he went to Chicago University and how he is trying to bring the best equipment to Madonna. The security men have absolute powers, meaning that you can't even explain yourself if there is any awkward or wrong situation you are accidentally found in. Has anybody asked about what is going on in the so-called medical school? That one is the biggest joke of all. Anyone who think that all of this is a lie should pay that place a visit. It is not about anyone forcing anybody to go there, some people actually attended the school because it was listed as a Nigerian university to be attended, just like every other Nigerian university. Drawing from that, it would then be unfair to say "you weren't forced to go there".

I accessed the link and saw the pictures of that POULTRY FARM you call madonna university. even pigs will protest if raised in such pigsty. no pig will be healthy living in that ugly sty.
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by Tsmooth1(m): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
I am begging NUC to withdraw the licence of any private uni that issue more than 50 firstclass especially covenant university.
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by macwest: 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
olagamalin: Hmmn..i am an Akokite myself, and i mU̶̲̥̅̊st say your writing leaves much to be desired...there's room for improvement though.

grin grin
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by stuhporh: 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
FutureDon:

Big fat lie tongue

not even close to lies man
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
OmoEziokwu: I remember when the topic on this school (Madonna University) was first brought up, many came out to defend the school and say that all the allegations against the school were wrong. Now what do we have? A poohole that has continued to rip people off their money and destroy the future of young and great Nigerians, leaving many with scars that would be hard to recover from. Well this is just the beginning because there is still more to be revealed about the school. Madonna is one of the most evil places you can think of, maybe asides Kirikiri prison. Everything is fake and the people there act as if they are under a spell and can't talk about what was happening to them. The University accommodation is pathetic and the whole "justice" system of the school is at best, hideous. The head of students' affairs, a certain "Aunty Philo" has everybody under her feet, including the HODs and lecturers. She tells you anything she likes for you to pay as fine. Students get expelled for nothing, crazy fines are imposed on students, people aren't even allowed to write their carry-over exams so that they'll repeat and pay the school fees again for a spill-over, and even when they write their spill-over exams, they are not given their results and never allowed to graduate. You have people who come into Madonna for a four-year course having to spend nine (9) years or never even allowed to graduate. There is no synergy between the exams and records department and the various faculties and departments, and that is the reason why students keep complaining of missing results even after they have taken the exams. You could even be woken up at 12AM to be told that you just got expelled, if maybe a phone gets missing in the room you are sleeping in, even if you know nothing about it. At different times, Father Edeh even brings foreigners who he claims are on exchange programs to the school, but on a closer look they are members of foreign charity organizations that have come to see the supposed "charities" that he claims to be running. On a weekly basis, at certain times he makes photographers take pictures of students who are woken up around 6AM, looking all rough and unkempt because they haven't taken their bath and all of that, and the news that makes the rounds is that he uses such pictures to solicit for help from foreign aid organizations. After that (the "jogging session"wink, he will make them sit under the sun for between two (2) to three (3) hours, telling them one lie after the other, about how he went to Chicago University and how he is trying to bring the best equipment to Madonna. The security men have absolute powers, meaning that you can't even explain yourself if there is any awkward or wrong situation you are accidentally found in. Has anybody asked about what is going on in the so-called medical school? That one is the biggest joke of all. Anyone who think that all of this is a lie should pay that place a visit. It is not about anyone forcing anybody to go there, some people actually attended the school because it was listed as a Nigerian university to be attended, just like every other Nigerian university. Drawing from that, it would then be unfair to say "you weren't forced to go there".

Wow. This is an interesting exposé. We're in a big mess in this country.
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by stuhporh: 1:59pm On Jul 05, 2012
xpensivenicole: Jamb hasn't jambed some pple...U guys should say the truth most of this private unis listed here are better dan some states unis,when it comes to infrastructures and strike,why didn't N.U.C suspend @ least one state uni or fed uni,cos m sure not all d states unis hv maintained the standard given..b4 u start sayn ill manner things bout the schs listed reconsider.
You are very right, let me just talk for the school i know. LEAD CITY UNI IBADAN. i don't know what facilities they require which that school does not have. I know NUC is all about the money. they have apologized to lead city once before, and watch they will apologize again
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by greatlee(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
Job weldone NUC
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by Christine01(f): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2012
I wonder how Father Edeh will be feeling now.

I still regret the two years I wasted I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Madonna University, Okija Campus.I had to sleep on the corridor with some other students for a whole semester because I couldn't get a space at Queens' Hostel.I'm sure some other people had more terrible experiences.

Anty Philo was a terror then, I doubt if she has changed. Father Ngwoke (DVC Discipline) was even more terrible.

Ɣ☺ΰ are forced to pay for anything and everything including ordination fees and hazard levy even though I wasn't yet admitted I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the school then when the hostel got burnt.

Thank GOD I left then.I feel for my friends that stayed behind. They've spent 9 years for a 6 year programme and they don't still know when they will be graduating.
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by Everest9(m): 11:31am On Jul 06, 2012
Too bad for the already Students
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by survivor10(m): 11:48am On Jul 06, 2012
the problem lies in d way d so-called prof disciplines are handled in d suspended unis.tomorrow,a 'professional' from those glorified sec schools will be left to discharge quack services.i pity for our vulnerable masses
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by OmoEziokwu: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2012
For those thinking that those telling the truth about Madonna University are just being malicious, please take a look at this link:

http://naijaspleen./2012/07/05/father-edeh-the-owner-of-madonna-is-a-thief-a-fraud-and-a-419-madonna-student/

One gains nothing by trying to cast aspersions or slandering against the institution or the person of Father Ede, all the people out there need to know is the truth, that's all.
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by Dubemkelly(m): 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2012
LMAO...U guyz r really funny grin, honestly I thought I was in a comedy section buh la8r discovered where I am,d rate u folks r beefing one another is saddening nd uncalled for, wheather u attend a priv8 or a govt owned university aint a big deal,d fact remains that we all r gonna face the labour mkt buh cum 2 fink of it,private unis work bera in 9ja due to unforseen strike phenomenon. Nevertheless,the no of 1st class materials in private unis is outnumbering,hope those graduates r kiping it real in da labour mkt...
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by Ogamgil(f): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2012
Anty Philo was a terror then, I doubt if she has changed. Father Ngwoke (DVC Discipline) was even more terrible.

Dont agree with u concerning. Fr Ngwoke (DVC) HE WAS A Good Man though he culd act funny at times but he had a gud heart.
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by olagamalin(m): 8:27pm On Jul 07, 2012
meetgaya:
hey u r nt akokite but MAULAGite
. Lol Bruv, don't be mischievous...If you are unable to watch news updates on Tv or purchase newspapers, i believe your daily surfing online is enough to make you realise we HªvΣ won the "part 1" by getting an injunction pending the determination of that draconian presidential pronouncement in the law court...surely you know
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by olagamalin(m): 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2012
redcliff:

I believe you are very jobless. Waking up so early to pick out grammatical errors from people's posts. U should know no one is above errors. I stand to be corrected but I think u need to mind ur own business and just read thru without commenting if u have nothing to say.
. Guy take it easy with yourself...i know you are seeking attention, but i will advise you not to get more catholic than the Pope...because I really can't tell the time difference between "7:24am" and "9:25am" that you posted your asinine comment....I see nothing checking news updates on nairaland early in the morning, then commenting on the one that tickles my fancy..i tire
Re: Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? by davidrich(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ogamgil: :

which cain yan u dey yan self. No b d same lecture every body dey go. Which one b mushroom university. Na becos no b ur papa own am ne. Pls mind ur tongue.
u are a fool....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU Will Not Conduct Post UTME / ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME / Ekiti State Students Survive Accident While Returning From Academic Trip. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.