Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses (20537 Views)

NUC Suspends Unilag For Bed Bug Invasion / NUC Suspends Admission Into Any Laboratory Science Course For 2015/2016 Session / NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by odedipapa(m): 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
The National Universities Commission (NUC), has suspended the operational license of the under listed Universities who are in violation
Madonna University, Okija and its other campuses
Lead City University, Ibadan
Tansian University and
Caritas University,Amorji-Nike,Enugu

The National Universities Commission has on Wednesday suspended the operational licenses of seven private universities for allegedly not meeting up to its set targets on school facilities and academic programmes as established by the NUC.

The suspended universities are Lead City, Caritas, Joseph Ayo Babalola, Tansian, Madonna, Achievers and Obong.

Confirming this development to news men, Mallam Ibrahim Yakassai, The Director of Press and Public Relations of NUC said in a telephone conversation on Wednesday night that the suspension of the licenses of the affected schools was imperative in order to continually work on the current standard of Nigerian Universities.

A top NUC official who had pleaded anonymity had affirmed that the decision of the NUC became unavoidably important considering that most of the private Universities have failed to lived up to the guidelines stipulated by the NUC in the running of Universities in Nigeria.

“The operators of the universities affected know their offences because so many times, we have informed them about their failings but they did not take necessary steps to address their shortcomings. Anyway, It’s just a suspension and it will be lifted as soon as they do the correct things,” the sourced said.

Source
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Odunnu: 1:16am On Jul 05, 2012
Source please. I want to read the comprehensive news
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by boyendowed(m): 8:43am On Jul 05, 2012
Odunnu: Source please. I want to read the comprehensive news

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/05/nuc-suspends-licences-7-private-universities/
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by maclatunji: 8:46am On Jul 05, 2012

Then you should learn to use Google- lazy woman.tongue
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:55am On Jul 05, 2012
Kai, my Alma Mata is among o!#coveringfaceinshame#
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by FutureDon(m): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2012
Lead City University again!!! I personally believe the School is a glorified secondary school and also a playground. Majority of the students are drop outs of Federal Universities who couldn't meet up with the required GPA.

4 Likes

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Soskid(m): 9:02am On Jul 05, 2012
vivacious vivi: Kai, my Alma Mata is among o!#coveringfaceinshame#
So, u're a product of poor education..... Smh
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2012

And you are waiting for nothing.Go find out yourself.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 05, 2012
I would have been a student of Tansian University but due to their high school fees, I abandoned it. The compound was not large. I thank God if not I would have wasted 4 years there.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Shuen: 9:16am On Jul 05, 2012
Good one,better late than never.I hope the said "not meeting up to its set targets on school facilities and academic programmes as established by the NUC" wont be met after money exchange hands? grin grin grin grin.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Musiwa2: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2012
i
img]
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by greall1: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2012
Most of drop out in another university are lead city. Infact the school only after your pocket.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 9:28am On Jul 05, 2012
I am so surprise that most of these church run schools did not make the list.
Apart from the fact that many of the schools did not meet the NUC's operational requirements, the way these schools are run leave a lot to be concern about. Schools like Convenant and Redeemer Universities should have been on the list, their owners probably have NUC officials as members, little wonder they did not show on the list.
Nigerian private Universities are a joke and a mockery of what a good religious run University should be. Schools where very unqualified people hold the post of VC all because they own the school, they arbitrarily choose pastors and evangelists to head sensitive positions in the school management. People who hitherto have had no prior experience in running a University are allowed to make very humanly demeaning rules fashioned by their intolerant religious sense of right and wrong; little wonder you go to such schools and all you hear is how the management busies themselves with laws that add little or no progress to the academic development of such schools. Imagine after paying truckloads of cash to educate your kid only for one to hear that s/he had been rusticated from school cos he did not attend the assemble with his bible, imagine making christian religious study a major course for a person studying medicine, engineering, law, and other sciences. If you fail this religious course, you are forced to write them or else you will not graduate. In convenant you are not even allowed to wear a jersey, own a camera phone, have independent academic thoughts or even disagree intellectually with the authorities, yet it is a University. Is there any difference between these so-called church run Universities and rehabilitation centres? Are the students there being taught what they came there to know or what the school Church authorities want them to know. Why should a muslim student be forced to observe prayers different from his own or even study christian religious studies as a major even when his program should have no bearing on such study. Are the NUC aware of this arbitrariness in the way these church gangstars operate?? As if the mass indoctrinations in their churches are not enough they have to still drag it to the school? We want investment in our education but not these ones abeg!! Gone are the days when churches make claims of running any business outside the church as a way to help the poor; that argument has become stale and redundant, they are all profit driven with little or no quality education as they like to claim. Having beautiful buildings inside an enclosed landmass space does not transcend to quality education.
NUC should also take that aspect seriously, there is too much arbitrariness in the way these bible wielding conmen run these schools and put a price tag on education.

15 Likes

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Musiwa2: 9:28am On Jul 05, 2012
wm....
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by soma042(m): 9:30am On Jul 05, 2012
left for me they should sink the god dam caritas, is just that i pity the student. that rev. father got many of my peeps out of scul because of the 90% increase in the fees.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2012
Soskid: So, u're a product of poor education..... Smh

Define "poor education" please? I graduated on time, served in the NYSC programe, got a job in less than 2 months by dint of hard work, in my second job now which is in a senior management position and quite comfortable. I won't have been able to achieve all this without some help from my "poor education" as you call it. My school was not the best especially in terms of infrastructure but show me the Fed or State Uni that has it all in Naija? I hope my school sorts out the issue with NUC on time but I am happy it happened in a way. Let them correct the mistakes they made with their pioneer students so that new undergrads don't go through the hardship some of us did.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by hustla(m): 9:32am On Jul 05, 2012
rhymz: I am so surprise that most of these church run schools did not make the list.
Apart from the fact that many of the schools did not meet the NUC's operational requirements, the way these schools are run leave a lot to be concern about. Schools like Convenant and Redeemer Universities should have been on the list, their owners probably have NUC officials as members, little wonder they did not show on the list.
Nigerian private Universities are a joke and a mockery of what a good religious run University should be. Schools where very unqualified people hold the post of VC all because they own the school, they arbitrarily choose pastors and evangelists to head sensitive positions in the school management. People who hitherto have had no prior experience in running a University are allowed to make very humanly demeaning rules fashioned by their intolerant religious sense of right and wrong; little wonder you go to such schools and all you hear is how the management busies themselves with laws that add little or no progress to the academic development of such schools. Imagine after paying truckloads of cash to educate your kid only for one to hear that s/he had been rusticated from school cos he did not attend the assemble with his bible, imagine making christian religious study a major course for a person studying medicine, engineering, law, and other sciences. If you fail this religious course, you are forced to write them or else you will not graduate. In convenant you are not even allowed to wear a jersey, own a camera phone, have independent academic thoughts or even disagree intellectually with the authorities, yet it is a University. Is there any difference between these so-called church run Universities and rehabilitation centres? Are the students there being taught what they came there to know or what the school Church authorities want them to know. Why should a muslim student be forced to observe prayers different from his own or even study christian religious studies as a major even when his program should have no bearing on such study. Are the NUC aware of this arbitrariness in the way these church gangstars operate?? As if the mass indoctrinations in their churches are not enough they have to still drag it to the school? We want investment in our education but not these ones abeg!! Gone are the days when churches make claims of running any business outside the church as a way to help the poor; that argument has become stale and redundant, they are all profit driven with little or no quality education as they like to claim. Having beautiful buildings inside an enclosed landmass space does not transcend to quality education.
NUC should also take that aspect seriously, there is too much arbitrariness in the way these bible wielding conmen run these schools and put a price tag on education.

U r just a no-brain hater! U spent how many mins composing this hate comment,find somefin to do wif ur life naa!!

4 Likes

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 05, 2012
vivacious vivi:

Define "poor education" please? I graduated on time, served in the NYSC programe, got a job in less than 2 months by dint of hard work, in my second job now which is in a senior management position and quite comfortable. I won't have been able to achieve all this without some help from my "poor education" as you call it. My school was not the best especially in terms of infrastructure but show me the Fed or State Uni that has it all in Naija? I hope my school sorts out the issue with NUC on time but I am happy it happened in a way. Let them correct the mistakes they made with their pioneer students so that new undergrads don't go through the hardship some of us did.

Chill out guy!
Ignore unpleasnt comments here,it's a faceless forum,dont take ALL their comment so serious.

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2012
This Leadcity is kinda Ugly oooh, Covenant University be like Yankee beside am.. SmH

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Musiwa2: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2012
com
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by DonHummer(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2012
I want to knw d effect of dis...wat of deir students in deir nysc...ar dey affected in a way!...wat f dem final year students...wunt dey graduate? M just confusd
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2012
hustla:

U r just a no-brain hater! U spent how many mins composing this hate comment,find somefin to do wif ur life naa!!
if you have got any brains in that thick skull of yours you will learn to counter an argument with a superior one but obviously you are not capable of analytic thoughts let alone apply common sense. . .apparently it is not common to lamebrains like you.

3 Likes

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by finecoco: 9:49am On Jul 05, 2012
hustla:

Tell this silly no-brainer.....ur 10-page mail jst shows ur antagonism 4those churches...rem,they are Gods sanctuary...pls get a life
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Abeyjide: 9:50am On Jul 05, 2012
rhymz: I am so surprise that most of these church run schools did not make the list.

Dont because of hatred start makin unmature comment.u jst wasted d space dat matured people need to comment.change ur attitude and ur thinking ability.

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Musiwa2: 9:53am On Jul 05, 2012
h
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 05, 2012
Abeyjide:

Dont because of hatred start makin unmature comment.u jst wasted d space dat matured people need to comment.change ur attitude and ur thinking ability.

Religious Fanatic...Think out of your religious box Jor...The guy said the fact you come up here talking crap.Abeg comot for road

3 Likes

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by bigboy3: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2012
Nigerian private Universities are a joke and a mockery of what a good religious run University should be. Schools where very unqualified people hold the post of VC all because they own the school, they arbitrarily choose pastors and evangelists to head sensitive positions in the school management. People who hitherto have had no prior experience in running a University are allowed to make very humanly demeaning rules fashioned by their intolerant religious sense of right and wrong; little wonder you go to such schools and all you hear is how the management busies themselves with laws that add little or no progress to the academic development of such schools. Imagine after paying truckloads of cash to educate your kid only for one to hear that s/he had been rusticated from school cos he did not attend the assemble with his bible, imagine making christian religious study a major course for a person studying medicine, engineering, law, and other sciences. If you fail this religious course, you are forced to write them or else you will not graduate. In convenant you are not even allowed to wear a jersey, own a camera phone, have independent academic thoughts or even disagree intellectually with the authorities, yet it is a University. Is there any difference between these so-called church run Universities and rehabilitation centres? Are the students there being taught what they came there to know or what the school Church authorities want them to know. Why should a muslim student be forced to observe prayers different from his own or even study christian religious studies as a major even when his program should have no bearing on such study. Are the
NUC aware of this arbitrariness in the way these church gangstars operate?? As if the mass indoctrinations in their churches are not enough they have to still drag it to the school? We want
investment in our education but not these ones abeg!! Gone are the days when churches make claims of running any business outside the church as a way to help the poor; that argument
has become stale and redundant, they are all profit driven with little or no quality education as they like to claim. Having beautiful buildings inside an enclosed landmass space does not
transcend to quality education.

Bro, that's why it's called a private university.....you have options ....if you don't like my rules then get the **** out.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2012
vivacious vivi:

I want to assume your school was Madonna. Thank God for you but I dare say, that even if you had not attended your school you still would have been better off, perhaps more intelligent sef. Seriously, there is something fundamentally wrong with the way most private Universities are run, most of the times by individuals with little or no experience in Acadamic management. It even shows in the kind of restrictions that hinders independent thoughts and ideas needed to fit in in this ever conpetetive world. Currently, I have 2 of my cousins in Madonna, one chose Madona because she did not do well in her WAEC exams. Her experience in the school is not so flattery neither is she an academic firebrand. Seriously, NUC has not been proactive.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Murphy7h4: 9:55am On Jul 05, 2012
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by tunapawizzy: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2012
We are talking university license suspension (not even accreditation of some courses) D neglect on d part of these universities must be huge Just wondering how some of dese schools got their operational license in d first place. NUC should be ashamed of demselves. Anyways better late dan never....and for heaven sake which one is Tansian university again...chei university dun turn yeye o
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by bigboy3: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2012
Nigerian private Universities are a joke and a mockery of what a good religious run University should be. Schools where very unqualified people hold the post of VC all because they own the school, they arbitrarily choose pastors and evangelists to head sensitive positions in the school management. People who hitherto have had no prior experience in running a University are allowed to make very humanly demeaning rules fashioned by their intolerant religious sense of right and wrong; little wonder you go to such schools and all you hear is how the management busies themselves with laws that add little or no progress to the academic development of such schools. Imagine after paying truckloads of cash to educate your kid only for one to hear that s/he had been rusticated from school cos he did not attend the assemble with his bible, imagine making christian religious study a major course for a person studying medicine, engineering, law, and other sciences. If you fail this religious course, you are forced to write them or else you will not graduate. In convenant you are not even allowed to wear a jersey, own a camera phone, have independent academic thoughts or even disagree intellectually with the authorities, yet it is a University. Is there any difference between these so-called church run Universities and rehabilitation centres? Are the students there being taught what they came there to know or what the school Church authorities want them to know. Why should a
muslim student be forced to observe prayers different from his own or even study christian religious studies as a major even when his program should have no bearing on such study. Are the
NUC aware of this arbitrariness in the way these church gangstars operate?? As if the mass indoctrinations in their churches are not enough they have to still drag it to the school? We want
investment in our education but not these ones abeg!! Gone are the days when churches make claims of running any business outside the church as a way to help the poor; that argument
has become stale and redundant, they are all profit driven with little or no quality education as they like to claim. Having beautiful buildings inside an enclosed landmass space does not
transcend to quality education.

Bro, that's why it's called a private university.....you have options ....if you don't like my rules then get the **** out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2021 UTME: JAMB Announces Registration Date, Makes NIN Compulsory / Kwara State Polytechnic Result Now Out / University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against Management Amid Heavy Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.