Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career (2436 Views)

9ice Signs New Record Label Deal And Fights To Revive Career / D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label / Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by mikuz(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2012
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by onatisi(m): 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
i think it is one thing to be a musician and another to be a good marketer most artistes cant do both , 2face tried it with hypertek it didnt workout , i think it is good let him concentrate on giving out the good tunes and let another company sells him record that is the best way to go about it
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by dotcomnamename: 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2012
onatisi: i think it is one thing to be a musician and another to be a good marketer most artistes cant do both , 2face tried it with hypertek it didnt workout , i think it is good let him concentrate on giving out the good tunes and let another company sells him record that is the best way to go about it

It does not matter. P/square does it and has their Square Record label market their songs by themselves.... wink
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by onatisi(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

It does not matter. P/square does it and has their Square Record label market their songs by themselves.... wink

really but psqaure i think they have a very good manager maybe it all boils down to artiste management.but i dont think 9ice music is fadin as ppl are speculating .he just need to market himself better
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by dotcomnamename: 1:16am On Jul 07, 2012
onatisi:

really but psqaure i think they have a very good manager maybe it all boils down to artiste management.but i dont think 9ice music is fadin as ppl are speculating .he just need to market himself better

YEs 100% fading and to my own understanding, the reason was caused by not trusting his long time friends ''Ruggedman'' I knew he's gonna fade if he did not go back and apology to that guy immediately because Ruggedman was opomulero for him and God used him to raise him, but betrayed him, what do u expect from fans.....
9ice fans are far many than Ruggedman fans, but 9ice fans prefer him not to mess up with ruggedman because they knows he's the one that brought him up.

Immediately 9ice won the MOBO award and started been proud, i told some of my friends that this guy will mess up his music with the way is going about with Rugged man. I love 9ice so much but he messed up himself...
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by onatisi(m): 3:42am On Jul 07, 2012
you seem to be taking the whole thing to a spiritual angle.but is ruggedman still relevant in nigeria music.i think 9ice problem has more to do with his experimenting with too many styles of music.look at psquare they have just one style of music.look at 2face too

1 Like

Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by dotcomnamename: 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2012
onatisi: you seem to be taking the whole thing to a spiritual angle.but is ruggedman still relevant in nigeria music.i think 9ice problem has more to do with his experimenting with too many styles of music.look at psquare they have just one style of music.look at 2face too

U forgot that everything is time. You cannot expect an artist to be relevant for 100 years now. When Rugged was Rugged, who was 9ice??
Tell, where is Styleplus now? Where is Eedris Abdulkareem, etc.... Everything is time. 2face music wasn't like this too before, 2face was the top in town b4 u hear any music in town u must hear playing 2face, where is 2face now? Don't get me wrong i am not saying he's not singing anymore, but i bet u who do u think people will choose instead of Davido or 2face now in club or wizkid? grin grin
I believe 9ice problem is basically caused by the way he betrayed Ruggedman and his fans were happy and forever happy for 9ice coming out through Ruggedman..... Do u know God do things atimes for certain reason.... There are some people that God has destined that without them u cannot move forward in life. Yes its possible.......... cheesy
Before God and man, i've been saying it from the day he started abusing and raising corses on Ruggedman that he was having afair with his wife, i told my friends in the studio that this guy will mess up his career. The very first day 9ice released little money, i remember i told same friends that this guy will blow in the industry the way ruggedman puting him through and making sure he blow by all means... Ruggeds has been in the industry for over 10 years, when did little 9ice started? grin before he started fumbling because of little Mobo award and little money... Shebi he sang it that respect if reciprocal..

Let me tell u smething, the truth is he is now regretting it but couldn't know what to do. he is confused enough.
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by oddy4real(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

U forgot that everything is time. You cannot expect an artist to be relevant for 100 years now. When Rugged was Rugged, who was 9ice??
Tell, where is Styleplus now? Where is Eedris Abdulkareem, etc.... Everything is time. 2face music wasn't like this too before, 2face was the top in town b4 u hear any music in town u must hear playing 2face, where is 2face now? Don't get me wrong i am not saying he's not singing anymore, but i bet u who do u think people will choose instead of Davido or 2face now in club or wizkid? grin grin
I believe 9ice problem is basically caused by the way he betrayed Ruggedman and his fans were happy and forever happy for 9ice coming out through Ruggedman..... Do u know God do things atimes for certain reason.... There are some people that God has destined that without them u cannot move forward in life. Yes its possible.......... cheesy
Before God and man, i've been saying it from the day he started abusing and raising corses on Ruggedman that he was having afair with his wife, i told my friends in the studio that this guy will mess up his career. The very first day 9ice released little money, i remember i told same friends that this guy will blow in the industry the way ruggedman puting him through and making sure he blow by all means... Ruggeds has been in the industry for over 10 years, when did little 9ice started? grin before he started fumbling because of little Mobo award and little money... Shebi he sang it that respect if reciprocal..

Let me tell u smething, the truth is he is now regretting it but couldn't know what to do. he is confused enough.
Guy, stop ur epistle and listen
1. He signed no new record deal as he has his own label with artistes under him.
2. He is on his way to South Africa to shoot video for "Attitude" soon. He isnt fading
3. Ruggedman is dead and buried.
4. D source of that article isnt reliable. That same website claimed that Toni Payne was pregnant for 9ice
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by oddy4real(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

1. He signed no new record deal as he has his own label with artistes under him.
2. He is on his way to South Africa to shoot video for "Attitude" soon. He isnt fading
4. D source of that article isnt reliable. That same website claimed that Toni Payne was pregnant for 9ice
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by mikuz(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2012
oddy4real:
[b]4. D source of that article isnt reliable. [/b]That same website claimed that Toni Payne was pregnant for 9ice
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/art-a-life/40717-9ice-signs-a-new-record-deal
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/07/9ice-signs-new-record-label-deal-struggle-to-keep-career-at-the-top.html
what say you ? cool
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by oddy4real(m): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2012
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by oddy4real(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
mikuz:
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/art-a-life/40717-9ice-signs-a-new-record-deal
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/07/9ice-signs-new-record-label-deal-struggle-to-keep-career-at-the-top.html
what say you ? cool
And 9ice was contracted by the record label to feature on the tracks of their artistes to 'blow' them. If u care to know, he just rebranded his Alapomeji ish, Working on Seriki's Album and is currently managed by flytimes.
The story is FALSEHoOD .
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by dotcomnamename: 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
Mikuz, why u dey waste ur time with person wey no know anything about the industry.... grin
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by shadrach77: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2012
9ice is on his way down. His problem started when he divorced his wife Toni Payne who was the force behind his success wink
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by dotcomnamename: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
shadrach77: 9ice is on his way down. His problem started when he divorced his wife Toni Payne who was the force behind his success wink

Thank u jor, you and mikuz get sense pass that ''Oga Ade'' grin grin grin grin
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by oddy4real(m): 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Thank u jor, you and mikuz get sense pass that ''Oga Ade'' grin grin grin grin
Make people condemn 9ice, na wetin go make u happy be dat nao? For ur info, i be 9ice person and he no sign mumu record deal. Believe what u want
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by dotcomnamename: 12:32am On Jul 08, 2012
oddy4real:
Make people condemn 9ice, na wetin go make u happy be dat nao? For ur info, i be 9ice person and he no sign mumu record deal. Believe what u want

Monkey dey work Bamboo dey shop. LOL.IMAO grin grin grin grin grin. Mumu. Oga Ade 2nd.
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by mikuz(m): 5:57am On Jul 08, 2012
oddy4real:
whats the mumu thing about signing a new record deal ? Guy you are actually the one who hates 9ice. Dont you want the brother to progress? The guy has made a move to re-ignite his music career that seems to be nose diving by signing a new record deal and your are just busy talking trash? I remember a couple of years back when Id Cabasa(the guy who is responsible for 40% of his success) was saying on national tv that 9ice has turned into something else. That since the dude has now become a 'big star' he no longer wants to associate with him. Truth is that 9ice stuppidly made away with those who were the pillars of his career. He lost most of his fans after he seperated with Tony and Rugged. If its true that 9ice did not sign any new deal as you claim and in contrary to the links I have posted can you paste a link backing your claim ? Psquare,2face and Wizkid had their different record labels when Akon signed them. Same thing for Dbanj and Jazzy with Kanye's G.o.o.d music when they were together. Guy you well so ? Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by onatisi(m): 6:05am On Jul 08, 2012
mikuz: whats the mumu thing about signing a new record deal ? Guy you are actually the one who hates 9ice. Dont you want the brother to progress? The guy has made a move to re-ignite his music career that seems to be nose diving by signing a new record deal and your are just busy talking trash? I remember a couple of years back when Id Cabasa(the guy who is responsible for 40% of his success) was saying on national tv that 9ice has turned into something else. That since the dude has now become a 'big star' he no longer wants to associate with him. Truth is that 9ice stuppidly made away with those who were the pillars of his career. He lost most of his fans after he seperated with Tony and Rugged. If its true that 9ice did not sign any new deal as you claim and in contrary to the links I have posted can you paste a link backing your claim ? Psquare,2face and Wizkid had their different record labels when Akon signed them. Same thing for Dbanj and Jazzy with Kanye's G.o.o.d music when they were together. Guy you well so ? Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
i must confess ur arguements sounds logical and mature.from what i notice gongo aso isnt the same style as tradition and i think that variance has to do with concept and music production but when he did the collabo with kwam1 which was produced by id cabasa i could feel 9ice singing again.i think he needs those guys back if he is to forge ahead.or what do u think
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by Dhelake: 8:28am On Jul 08, 2012
BGV(Bashorun Gaa & Versus) sold over 10million copies ...
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by Dhelake: 8:30am On Jul 08, 2012
onatisi:
i must confess ur arguements sounds logical and mature.from what i notice gongo aso isnt the same style as tradition and i think that variance has to do with concept and music production but when he did the collabo with kwam1 which was produced by id cabasa i could feel 9ice singing again.i think he needs those guys back if he is to forge ahead.or what do u think
wen he was with id cabasa, it was monkey(9ice) dey work, Baboon(id cabasa) dey chop,
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by onatisi(m): 8:31am On Jul 08, 2012
[quote author=Dhelake]BGV(Bashorun Gaa
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by dotcomnamename: 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
mikuz: whats the mumu thing about signing a new record deal ? Guy you are actually the one who hates 9ice. Dont you want the brother to progress? The guy has made a move to re-ignite his music career that seems to be nose diving by signing a new record deal and your are just busy talking trash? I remember a couple of years back when Id Cabasa(the guy who is responsible for 40% of his success) was saying on national tv that 9ice has turned into something else. That since the dude has now become a 'big star' he no longer wants to associate with him. Truth is that 9ice stuppidly made away with those who were the pillars of his career. He lost most of his fans after he seperated with Tony and Rugged. If its true that 9ice did not sign any new deal as you claim and in contrary to the links I have posted can you paste a link backing your claim ? Psquare,2face and Wizkid had their different record labels when Akon signed them. Same thing for Dbanj and Jazzy with Kanye's G.o.o.d music when they were together. Guy you well so ? Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Why are u just wasting your time and energy typing and replying to someone who does not even have a clue about music industry... grin grin grin grin
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by oddy4real(m): 11:17am On Jul 09, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Why are u just wasting your time and energy typing and replying to someone who does not even have a clue about music industry... grin grin grin grin
Mr Oga, u are still on this baseless talk? Even 9ice has denied signing a Reocrd Deal with any mumu Record company and you are here trying to force the shit doen our throats? Keep it up
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by oddy4real(m): 11:19am On Jul 09, 2012
9ice epistle up there sir. But there is nothing wrong with his career, he released a double album that sold out and also held a SOLD OUT solo concert at expo centre. You can say he doesnt hype himself as others do but the guy is doing his thing.
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by tosinaded(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2012
9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career

Arant Nonsense! some one dropped a double classic album that sold out, and u re talking about "Fights to rekindle career"

Oshi oda
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by dotcomnamename: 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
oddy4real:
Mr Oga, u are still on this baseless talk? Even 9ice has denied signing a Reocrd Deal with any mumu Record company and you are here trying to force the shit doen our throats? Keep it up

Silly fool. Who is talking about 9ice new record deal here? Mumu. Show me where i talked about 9ice record deal..

Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
tosinaded@:
9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career

Arant Nonsense! some one dropped a double classic album that sold out, and u re talking about "Fights to rekindle career"

Oshi oda

Gbam.com.

BGV, a total of 36 tracks. 9ice is in a league of his own. Do you know of anyone else who can disappear for a while and return with 36 hot tracks with Naija's hottests artists? E no be beans!

I still have "Bashorun Gaa" on repeat, 7-8 months later. Rekindle? No. Stay on top? Yes.
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by oddy4real(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Silly fool. Who is talking about 9ice new record deal here? Mumu. Show me where i talked about 9ice record deal..

Even your use of language shows you are intellectually incapacitated. I would rather argue with the wall in my room.
Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by dotcomnamename: 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
oddy4real:
Even your use of language shows you are intellectually incapacitated. I would rather argue with the wall in my room.

HAIL THE FOOL OF THE YEAR 2012

Re: 9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career by oddy4real(m): 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

HAIL THE FOOL OF THE YEAR 2012
Address issues as a well bred person and stop name calling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards 2013 Winners! / DOWNLOAD MP3: Davido Ft. Chris Brown – Folake / Olamide – Love No Go Die Mp3 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.