Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

How Did You Get Your Present Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (24010 Views)

How Did You Get Your Present Job? / If You Are Unemployed Or Not Happy With Your Present Work, Pls Read This / Describe Your Present Job With One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by acidtalk: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
stepo707: I gat mine through Nairaland jobs/vacancies section as well.But guys if i tel you what i went through ehn, you will weep for me.But thank God i am here now even though its not a dream job but am adding to my experience and morever ididn't spend a day at home.I started work the next day after my POP after NYSC.

You are so lucky.
As for the stress before getting the job I guess that's why they say 'No Pain No Gain'
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Lebee4(m): 12:38am On Jul 07, 2012
ndcide:

help with the details i'd like to apply.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Lebee4(m): 12:40am On Jul 07, 2012
kunletiwoo: Kinda sound like mine... smiley Happy for u bro.
i was d one that sent u d mail, but didn't get to see your response.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 07, 2012
Lebee4:
i was d one that sent u d mail, but didn't get to see your response.
ur course of study?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by abioz(m): 7:37am On Jul 07, 2012
kunletiwoo: ur course of study?

Kunletiwoo, good morning.
Sent you an email yesterday, awaiting your reply.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by frankobaba(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2012
I'm loving this...wonderful topic guys...keep it up!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by uwalas: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2012
n
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by cremechic: 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
I got my job via imma mmadu (IM)! A friend who has affiliations with a recruitment agency sent my cv to one of dem recruiters and dey called me. At the interview I met a man from my mothers village and he promised me a shot at the job, 1 week later, I got the job! grin.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Andrew3(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2012
I farouked a staff of my present office to farouk
his manager to employ me becus there was no way i could
get the job without farouking.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by labbyboi(m): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
how did i get my current job.................COOL STORY: I realised d folks around kip asking 4 ma CV 2 clean up after toilet n noffin seems 2 be coming still. Ma bruva, nobody teach me b4 i discover say i fit package myself in being an ENTREPRENUER. I'M HAPPY DAT I AM grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ima Mmadu.. Meaning connection.. I knew some huys who worked for an oil company, heard they were looking for an Engineer, told them I was interested and they should make it happen... Well they did... I did the interview and passed... Salary 600,000plus per month minus benefits.. Downside; Its not a permanent job and its slowly closing up.. Need another
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by gbokukueba(m): 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
Well as for me i am currently on my 5th job in 8 years. My present job is a Multinational firm was through an advert on my MBA group and i sent my CV i was shortlisted for interviews and the rest as they say is history. But in all it was simply the grace of God... Shikena cool
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
Taiyes007: Pls help oh i need a job my email address is isanni25@yahoo.com
Dnt let desperation push u too far because instead of gettin a well paid job, it'll make u pay 4 a job well done.
DON'T BE TOO DESPERATE TO GET A JOB O O O
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by deshclones(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
Like okija said...''ima mmadu"..Uncle made a call to some highly placed dude...i was invited for a test/interview 4days later...resumed a month after.....now am so tired of the job (even though it pays well)..the job is not that challenging jor....looking for a more challenging job....brother in-law is helping in this regard...don't have any apologies for the way i got ma present job...naija is forked on both sides anyways. undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by toluxa1(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
Thread is gradually drifting from its purpose. Shows the unemployment numbers I keep hearing might just be true

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Konnektions146(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
my present job was more like an UNSOLICITED Application,
after months, i received a call and i tot it was scam, but i had to go look in my E=mail sent folder and comfirmed.

what i believe in life is that Que sera sera, ,

thouugh i never stayed at home for one day, i believe Gods` favour is de main thing with jobs

wishing others lookin de best
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
deshclones: Like okija said...''ima mmadu"..Uncle made a call to some highly placed dude...i was invited for a test/interview 4days later...resumed a month after.....now am so tired of the job (even though it pays well)..the job is not that challenging jor....looking for a more challenging job....brother in-law is helping in this regard...don't have any apologies for the way i got ma present job...naija is forked on both sides anyways. undecided undecided undecided

I dont give a fhuck if anyone takes offense men.. If e pain you like that, go know somebody...
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
I walked in and told dem dat God directed me to resume here, and I asked the MD dat he shuld kindly direct me to my sit grin

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ijogz K: I walked in and told dem dat God directed me to resume here, and I asked the MD dat he shuld kindly direct me to my sit grin
U must be a CLOWN!!
Ijogz K: I walked in and told dem dat God directed me to resume here, and I asked the MD dat he shuld kindly direct me to my sit grin
U must be a CLOWN!!
U must be a CLOWN!!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
kunletiwoo: Yeah! you may be right....And as for me, the reason why I asked him his course of study is simple.I work with a Telecoms company and we need more Field Engineers/Riggers.

Peace!

Who is a field engineer/rigger...I'm a civil/structural engineer... Do I qualify?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by pendo89(f): 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
I was working for a local company in partnership with an International one.It was a contract actually.
The local partner without my knowledge was somehow involved in fraudulent activities. I was the odd one out since they had this 'Mafia group' in the office that kept things to themselves.They lived and ate big.
I never knew what was cooking so I felt really sidelined and bullied.Infact many any times I came close to throwing in the towel because at times the operations manager would force me to do work outside what I was employed to do.I felt really bad and stressed.
Well eventually a major key client complained to the HQ of the parent company and contract was stopped after investigation revealed stuff which also shocked me.
Their case is still in court cz it involved evading tax.
The company was downsized and lost clients,but guess what? I was the ONLY staff who was taken up by the Parent company because my record wasn't tainted.
I was promoted,given salary hike,new office and we moved out together with one Manager who was also 'clean'.
We now have another partner but I somehow 'supervise' together with my immediate boss because that is what my job entails.
And the first job? I was employed to hold on for somebody on leave.I outsmarted her and they couldn't let me go. She wasn't sacked just promoted.

I have learnt how to be patient cz u never know what is cooking.
And one of our partners is in Nigeria.lol wont mention cz they could be Nlanders.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by joseph1013: 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by GboyegaD(m): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
My present job came as a result of God's favor and being at the right place at the right time. I was just passing by the office and I stopped by to say hello to a friend that works in there and I was asked if I would be around during summer and had a summer job to which I responded no. I was asked to forward my Resume however, the lady I stopped to say hello to was protesting that she already told her supervisor she had another Nigerian friend who was going to be around during summer and she wanted her to work there. Thank God I eventually got it though.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
pendo89: I was working for a local company in partnership with an International one.It was a contract actually.
The local partner without my knowledge was somehow involved in fraudulent activities. I was the odd one out since they had this 'Mafia group' in the office that kept things to themselves.They lived and ate big.
I never knew what was cooking so I felt really sidelined and bullied.Infact many any times I came close to throwing in the towel because at times the operations manager would force me to do work outside what I was employed to do.I felt really bad and stressed.
Well eventually a major key client complained to the HQ of the parent company and contract was stopped after investigation revealed stuff which also shocked me.
Their case is still in court cz it involved evading tax.
The company was downsized and lost clients,but guess what? I was the ONLY staff who was taken up by the Parent company because my record wasn't tainted.
I was promoted,given salary hike,new office and we moved out together with one Manager who was also 'clean'.
We now have another partner but I somehow 'supervise' together with my immediate boss because that is what my job entails.

I have learnt how to be patient cz u never know what is cooking.
And one of our partners is in Nigeria.lol wont mention cz they could be Nlanders.

Seems you work in international development...
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by kepsi123(m): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
Some companies have a training school where they train their employees and employ them after the programme. sometimes it's easier to get into these schools than to get a direct employment. thats how i got into the oil industry.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by georgee(m): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
Pls oooo, i av a 3-year banking experience in international Operations particularly Forex Regulatory reporting. Anybody who has any info abt eployment shuld kindly help a brother who got disengaged from a bank due to sanusi's reforms
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by pendo89(f): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
saxywale:

Seems you work in international development...

Add Africa there.Our partners there are in Oil and Gas.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Saraha1(f): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
You may have all the connection but if God mercy is absent it looks as if the whole world have come to and end.All we need is God mercy.To we that are still hoping 4 a job let be patient God plan is the best.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by tiwasiaife(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
Pls rum i am a graduate of geology frm unn with a 3rd class. I later upgraded it doin a pgd in the same field with a credit dats 2.1 pls wat is my chances of getn a job. I need ur candid advice
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by udoka2: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2012
I applied for two jobs, one thru NL in a real estate coy another thru Guardian in O&G coy. 4 months later that of real estate called for interview I fortunately got d job, one and half months into d job, d O&G called, cus I was being paid well in my thinking then I rejected to attended d interview unless they resecdule d interview at a date I gave to them, to God be d glory they accepted. To God be d glory again, I got d job and hv been there for d past 3 and half years.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by straighthome: 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
one night 12 years ago i packed my bags left lagos and came to abuja....trying to network on my new turf, i traced a child hood neighbour who was a very very i mean very very top shot....after waiting in the waiting room for 7 hours we were ushered into his office in groups of 5 as he relieved the days he used to teach me arithmetic an old friend of his walked into his office and as their converstaion went on they mentioned the name of my current ceo. i had attended an interview at his firm but was not taken. when the visitor left i told him that the name they mentioned is the ceo of a company at which i had attended an interview months back. 5 days later i called his office and his secretary asked that i should pay the firm a visit. i got there and started work the next day. ive been there now for 11 years. it had to be a divine arrangemnt if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by pendo89(f): 6:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
tiwasiaife: Pls rum i am a graduate of geology frm unn with a 3rd class. I later upgraded it doin a pgd in the same field with a credit dats 2.1 pls wat is my chances of getn a job. I need ur candid advice

lemmie be honest with u dear.
This will speak out of experience.If you are called to do any work and I mean any, even if it means picking up calls and all they give u is a phone and plastic tray, please DO IT.
I have learnt a lot.I see many people with big cvs but they prefer to be employed in senior positions because they feel 'learned'.
Truth is it's better to start from bottom and climb up because you learn a lot of patience and perseverance.
My very first job was at a cyber cafe. grin doing secretarial work and a lot of things I really hated.I even washed the toilet,mopped the floor cz we were only two of us working in turns but I was idle and needed some experience. I dint have major expe cz I was at home.
I learnt IT at the cyber, yet I never studied it. When my first job interview came I ran very fast and the first thing I was given was a comp.
I was asked to type some stuff and print in a certain fomart which I did and passed.
That job opened so many doors that lead to my present one.
Do not despise small beginnings.At times shed off that 'image and degrees' and get ur hands dirty. Learn all you can where u are and ul be suprised by what lays ahead

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stanbic IBTC's Recruitment 2016 / How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview / Thank You Nairaland! I Got A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.