Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free (9976 Views)

Ex-pension Reform Boss Maina Offers To Assist Buhari Stop Corruption In Sector / "Wind Of Hope" Offers To Sponsor Buhari, Jonathan Debate In UK / Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by mukina2: 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
A Lagos-based lawyer, Robert Igbinedion, has voluntarily offered to prosecute multi-billionaire businessman, Femi Otedola.

In an interview with Daily Times NG on Wednesday, Igbinedion disclosed that he had sent letters explaining his willingness and intentions to the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Acting Inspector General of Police and the Attorney General of the Federation.

He said, “Nigerians have lost trillions, but they still go ahead to spend millions on prosecutors and yet, nothing to show for it. So I’m offering my service so there will be no more cost on the masses.

The lawyer accused Otedola of attempting to scuttle investigations into the oil subsidy and operations in the oil sector.

“He (Otedola) is the first to come out in the open to scuttle the investigation, because all he is doing is an attempt to blackmail the House (of Representatives) and scuttle investigations,” he said.

He, however, said that his focus was beyond Otedola.

“My intention is to attack those that claim to be high and mighty who have stolen our oil wealth,” the lawyer explained.

According to him, not much success has been made in the country’s purported fight against corruption, in spite of the huge budget going into funding anti-graft agencies.

Source
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
mukina2:

Source

What a National person..

Another calamity brought upon us by a failed Educational system..

Even a welder knows that it would be difficult to pin anything on Otedola..

EFCC should arrest this guy for trying to interfere with their investigation..

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by nagoma(m): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
They will never give him the chance.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Oshiite: 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
Notice me lawyer,wont u go and hide before they consume u

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
mukina2:

Source
Borrow me a word for attention seeking and self serving
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by amaba: 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hungry lawyer looking for recognition

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by miteolu(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
Robert Igbinedion looking for recognition after all he will join them to increase level of corruption. This is called self or direct marketing strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Tsmooth1(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
!
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by ashson: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
What a good samaritan! i pray they give you the chance

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by lookie: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
Isn't this guy another "Festus Keyamo" in the making?? Isn't this the same route Keyamo went when Bank-Ole was accused? Abeg he should just tell us the truth and say he wants his share of the subsidy probe money, after all USD620,000 has magically gone missing.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
Prosecute him for what? Na our reporters at their usual games again?
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by amosy007: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hungry lawyer .. Waiting for bribe grin
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Oshiite: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hungry charge and bail lawyer

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by yorke1: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
What is wrong with this hungry lawyer sef. Abegi make e go siddon for one place jor!
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
aguiyi:
Borrow me a word for attention seeking and self serving

Wankar
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by jmaine: 4:14pm On Jul 05, 2012
[size=18pt]Nonsense[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Afam4eva(m): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2012
Everybody wan gain fame and fortune when the opportunity presents itself. Oga lawyer, start with releasing ashewo from cell and settling compound fightings first before looking to prosecute a billonaire.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Genius100: 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
Isn't this the same lawyer that is suing Oyedepo for slapping the girl?

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by brabus(m): 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
[size=18]"Here I am send me"[/size] Gospel according to St. Igbinedion
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
Genius100: Isn't this the same lawyer that is suing Oyedepo for slapping the girl?

Na true o!!

Their name resemble.. I hope say no be am..
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by dannysoya: 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
This thread is a PERFECT example of why Nigeria is going down the drain everyday. Our people are daft. A man is offering to prosecute a BLATANT thief of this nation's wealth for free and you come out and abuse him? REGARDLESS of the motive behind his doing it, the fact thatt his man wants to bring a crook to book is what matters and yet you all abuse him. And I do not get why Nigerians are taking sides with TWO THIEVES? It's just amazing. Lawan is a thief as well but SO IS OTEDOLA. I do not care if Otedola was trying to set Lawan up. The fact is this man is a thief he has stolen money from this country and we are too blind and daft to realize this. SMH. I wish him all the best in his efforts. The sooner ALL the crooks in this country are brought to book the better. The crooks in Nigeria are the Anchor that is refusing to let the Nigerian ship move. When they are removed this country will MOVE FORWARD.

19 Likes

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by BlackBaron: 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by alaoeri: 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
Same lawyer suing oyedepo guess this guy is looking for cheap fame.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
alaoeri: Same lawyer suing oyedepo guess this guy is looking for cheap fame.

When he sued Oyedepo, he was right!! Infact, many Christians and witches are praying he wins the case for that poor innocent girl..

But now, I think this has to do with 620,000 Dollars wey Farouk hold..
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Reference(m): 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
Well if he feels that the saga is a high level attempt at scuttling the fuel subsidy probe, I completely agree. There's no reason why Otedola should not be connected to this. When you consider the strikes earlier this year and the calls against the cabals, great injustice is happening while the main issue is lost. This is one big smoke screen. So let the authorities with all their might go after the 3 million dollar bribe while the hungry lawyer goes after the 12 billion dollar loot.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by VEE2010(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2012
Everyone wants to be famous. It's possible but not too cheap as this charge-and-bail guy thought. I suppose he tries another avenue. Good Samaritan indeed!
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

What a National person..

Another calamity brought upon us by a failed Educational system..

Even a welder knows that it would be difficult to pin anything on Otedola..

EFCC should arrest this guy for trying to interfere with their investigation..

I did not know you are this dumb. Is it not obvious by now that otedola has skeleton in his cupboard? it is obvious enough for those who reflect and those who do not allow sentiment to becloud their sense of judgement. Anyway, we will not all sleep with our heads facing the same direction. Some people are born dumb.
O ku ti e

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
Charge and bail lawyer
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by brabus(m): 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
dannysoya: This thread is a PERFECT example of why Nigeria is going down the drain everyday. Our people are daft. A man is offering to prosecute a BLATANT thief of this nation's wealth for free and you come out and abuse him? REGARDLESS of the motive behind his doing it, the fact thatt his man wants to bring a crook to book is what matters and yet you all abuse him. And I do not get why Nigerians are taking sides with TWO THIEVES? It's just amazing. Lawan is a thief as well but SO IS OTEDOLA. I do not care if Otedola was trying to set Lawan up. The fact is this man is a thief he has stolen money from this country and we are too blind and daft to realize this. SMH. I wish him all the best in his efforts. The sooner ALL the crooks in this country are brought to book the better. The crooks in Nigeria are the Anchor that is refusing to let the Nigerian ship move. When they are removed this country will MOVE FORWARD.

Bros, [size=24]who's stopping him?[/size] Does he require two thirds approval to go ahead?

Abeg, na cheap fame hin dey find! Make una both go sitdown. I don't know when Daily Times NG became the Supreme Court.
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by ACM10: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
Genius100: Isn't this the same lawyer that is suing Oyedepo for slapping the girl?

I think he's the one
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by boyendowed(m): 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
According to this lawayer,lawan is a saint.Otedola has no case to answer
Re: Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free by ACM10: 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
We are witnessing the rise of activist lawyers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Sacks Lagos PDP From Secretariat Over Unpaid Rent / Killers Of 5-Year-Old Hanifa Arraigned In Court, Case Adjourned Till February 9 / Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.