Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School (6742 Views)

Father Rapes 12-yr-old Daughter In Bayelsa, Aborts Pregnancy(photo) / 35-yr-old Teacher Arrested For Raping 12-yr-old Student / 75-yr Old Herbalist Arrested For Defiling 12-yr Old Boy (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by mukina2: 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
Audience at Kofar Sauri Shari’a Court in Katsina metropolis were yesterday held spellbound when 12-year-old primary school pupil Sani Musa told the court that he had to steal some metal scrap in order to get money to buy books to enable him to continue with his studies.

The little Musa was accused of stealing scrap metals belonging to his sister’s husband Mallam Mudassiru A. Yahaya valued at N10,000. The boy was charged for theft, an offence contrary to section 134 of the Katsina State Shari’a Court law.

Sani surprised the court and its audience when he produced the books, a school bag and other school materials he allegedly bought with the money after he disposed the scrap metals.

Corroborating his story, his mother and her neighbour, who testified before the court disclosed, how the boy had been complaining to his mother over lack of school books.

The boy, who was later acknowledged to be honest, hardworking and intelligent, was believed to be the best student of his school.

However, the presiding judge, Khadi Kabir Hamisu Bello, discharged and acquitted the boy on grounds that the accused was a minor as in a shari’a law a minor could not be tried for theft. Khadi Bello, however, warned the boy never to engage in such a criminal act again. “Henceforth this court will be taking care of Sani Musa’s needs at school; you should come to this court after every three months to collect some money for your books and other school materials,” the judge said.

Source

11 Likes

Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by donigspain(m): 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
Quite touching...
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by NaMe4: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
Phewww! Thank God!

1 Like

Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by yorke1: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
So good judgement could come out of the Sharia court.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by ODB1: 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
Who was the a55hole that arraigned him in the first place?
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by amosy007: 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
yorke1: So good judgement could come out of the Sharia court.
lmao may be killslam islam and sharia is not all abt killing, violence and amputation anyway grin
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by ndsmartt(m): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
This cant be true. Katsina state runs free education at both primary n secondary school level.. Text books, exercise books n oda schl materials are given to all students free of charge... Spare me dis cook n bull story
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by Carmall(m): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
And people will say sharia law is harsh...

1 Like

Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
O.D.B.:
Who was the a55hole that arraigned him in the first place?
brothe-inlaw
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by miteolu(m): 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
...belonging to his sister’s husband. This is family matter should have treated under the same roof.
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
Show me the mumu wey sue the boy to court make I crush am. Kudos to the judge for good judgement.

1 Like

Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by katilicious(f): 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
If dis is true daz a gd judgment.....hope d court wil keep their part if nt, if nt we al kno.
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by Freiburger(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
gboss4sure: Show me the mumu wey sue the boy to court make I crush am. Kudos to the judge for good judgement.
you never ask of the mumu wey buy the matal parts from the lil boy.
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2012
Eeeya, such a nice judge. Kid was lucky, I was scared as I read through for fear of some serious strokes of cane for the child!
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by utimayor(m): 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2012

1 Like

Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by Tsmooth1(m): 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
just chop off his hand, there is no excuse for stealing he is a liar jor!!!
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by lacasa: 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
uti-mayor:
the boy was lucky, had it been the judge was an extremist like el-rufia, by now na short sleeve he for carry.

Wat makes el-rufai an extremist pls
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
WOW!!

I just fell in love with Sharia Law...

Awwwww!! What a tale.. I hope he grows up to be an upright man..
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
uti-mayor:
the boy was lucky, had it been the judge was an extremist like el-rufia, by now na short sleeve he for carry.

If na Buhari, ne sleeveless or singlet ehn for carry commot..

1 Like

Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
This is highly commendable especially coming from an area where western education is forbidden.
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
touching
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by Korrection(m): 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
And you have never lied or stolen before?? lol..atleast he stole to go to school..let the Judge preside over Lawan and Otedola...for sure theyll carry sleeveless
T-smooth:
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by Tsmooth1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
Korrection: And you have never lied or stolen before?? lol..atleast he stole to go to school..let the Judge preside over Lawan and Otedola...for sure theyll carry sleeveless

he just lied so that he would be freed. I still believe them should chop his hand
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by ashson: 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
ndsmartt: This cant be true. Katsina state runs free education at both primary n secondary school level.. Text books, exercise books n oda schl materials are given to all students free of charge... Spare me dis cook n bull story

shut up abegi! what do u knw about katsina anyway? 4 naija u go find free education now?
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by BlueMurder(m): 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
~Bluetooth:

This is highly commendable especially coming from an area where western education is forbidden.

How did you come about the bolded? shocked
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by gst101: 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
yorke1: So good judgement could come out of the Sharia court.
i was impressed! May be its a wrong or not too complete view i had of sharia law. Somebody pls educate be better!
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by matrixme(m): 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
We are being sold a lie. If only we could open the prision doors and we could grant interview to every inmate, then we would see if there are not more touching scenerios. While I'm sympathetic about the story too, I feel the justice system has not done too well on this decision. They are justifying what appears to be a righteous theft. A truely balanced legal system should be just at punishing offenders, and fair at administering justice.

1 Like

Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
BlueMurder:

How did you come about the bolded? shocked

Google BOKO HARAM
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by swiftycool(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
I see a great future in this boy! Imagine being sensible enough to know the value of stolen scrap at age 12, imagine what he can steal by age 22 grin
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by gst101: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
T-smooth:
why the closest person to you at the time wey you dey type this rubbish no bury you alive befor you finnished typing this rubbish

1 Like

Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by andyanders: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
God show mercy on him and make this young boy to become somebody tomorrow to the glory of God. Let him excel and become a leader.Out of hunger to go to school, he did what he did, why our leaders keep stealing from the public purse instead of helping the needy.
Re: 12 Yr Katsina Pupil Steals To Remain In School by ndsmartt(m): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
ashson:
shut up abegi! what do u knw about katsina anyway? 4 naija u go find free education now?
A retard like u, most u always show ur ignorance, is tym u leave dat ur village and travel out for once... So u might at least learn before showin off ur dumbiness fool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Criminals Cloning Government Websites – DSS / If u see this thing u may leave Nigeria first thing tomorrow - PHOTOS / Security Video Shows R.kelly Been Beaten By Fellow Inmate While Guards Ignore!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.