Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,465 members, 7,770,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:55 AM

Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! (11146 Views)

K-switch 'sister Caro' Was A Greater Hit Than D Solar Plexus Album Combined! / Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? / Download Complete Solar Plexus By Marvin Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Aygem(m): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
When Micheal Ajere (Don Jazzy) announced the formation of his new music label, Mavin Records and the subsequent release of its debut album, "The Solar Plexus,many were ancticipating another hit album with the signing of yet anoda act Tiwa Savage but Mrs Tiwa couldnt Savage the album from being a failure as it hasnt gained much appeal from the Nigerian audience.

Albums grow on people but it seems this make-shift album waned more than it actually shined despite the powerful vocaling strength of Tiwa Savage. She was allowed just a track on the album with the likes of D prince,Dr Sid and Wande Coal given the freedom to sing whack over a seemingly nice beat.

Save for Amarachi,o ma ga, yolo which are average tracks, the other tracks in the album are monotous,boring and noisy,no wonder it couldnt make headway into the consciousness of nigeria music scene.

The Mavin crew are surely missing something here!

14 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by mikuz(m): 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
O ma ga was the pride of that album. What a smashing hit!

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by kerijay(m): 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
Aygem: When Micheal Ajere (Don Jazzy) announced the formation of his new music label, Mavin Records and the subsequent release of its debut album, "The Solar Plexus,many were ancticipating another hit album with the signing of yet anoda act Tiwa Savage but Mrs Tiwa couldnt Savage the album from being a failure as it hasnt gained much appeal from the Nigerian audience. Albums grow on people but it seems this make-shift album waned more than it actually shined despite the powerful vocaling strength of Tiwa Savage. She was allowed just a track on the album with the likes of D prince,Dr Sid and Wande Coal given the freedom to sing whack over a seemingly nice beat. Save for Amarachi,o ma ga, yolo which are average tracks, the other tracks in the album are monotous,boring and noisy,no wonder it couldnt make headway into the consciousness of nigeria music scene. The Mavin crew are surely missing something here!
loads of rubbish,thank God Dbanj aint there anymore

14 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by turl(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
thread is utter B.S. how many songs has your d'banj released since he left? of the former albums, how many hits do you think were achieved in a single album?

i think dprince over compensates for dbanj. he really stepped up his game and he deserves credit for that. as did sid and wande came trough too. all in all, taste is very subjective when it comes to music. lets see how dbanj fares from here on.

13 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Abagworo(m): 9:56am On Jul 06, 2012
@poster. It seems you don't go to club. "Take Banana", "Amarachi" and "Oma ga" are smash hits till this day. Especially "Take Banana".

6 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by mikuz(m): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
Abagworo: @poster. It seems you don't go to club. "Take Banana", "Amarachi" and "Oma ga" are smash hits till this day. Especially "Take Banana". "O Ma Ga". grin
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by alaoeri: 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
Am not hating but let's be realistic the album doesn't hit as expected and receives little air play mayb don jazzy doesn't do he's homework properly anyway wishing best °ƒ luck.

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2012
mikuz: O ma ga was the pride of that album. What a smashing hit!

Please tell him!

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
Who's don jazzy?

Is he a jazz player? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Ibangap(m): 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
Haterz!

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by AK481(m): 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
Take banana till u go yo,take banana till u go yo,take take take banana.....(The track is too gbasky).

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by owakunle: 6:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
na lie...to make album no easy talkless of song.................so na lie,love dat album
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by betrani(m): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
Aygem: When Micheal Ajere (Don Jazzy) announced the formation of his new music label, Mavin Records and the subsequent release of its debut album, "The Solar Plexus,many were ancticipating another hit album with the signing of yet anoda act Tiwa Savage but Mrs Tiwa couldnt Savage the album from being a failure as it hasnt gained much appeal from the Nigerian audience. Albums grow on people but it seems this make-shift album waned more than it actually shined despite the powerful vocaling strength of Tiwa Savage. She was allowed just a track on the album with the likes of D prince,Dr Sid and Wande Coal given the freedom to sing whack over a seemingly nice beat. Save for Amarachi,o ma ga, yolo which are average tracks, the other tracks in the album are monotous,boring and noisy,no wonder it couldnt make headway into the consciousness of nigeria music scene. The Mavin crew are surely missing something here!
And since when did u become an expert in music? Whoever told u, ur right as regards this album is a joker! If there isn't an album in comparison with this I would say there isn't any basis whatsoever to damn this album as being a fluke! The guy tried! Regardless of the lyrics of the other songs u didn't mention, He still got the bit right! Who told u nigerian artists ever sing sense? It is the beats that has "cotton-swabbed" us from hearin the wackness in the songs ok!

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
Don Jazzy is a great mind and an innovator, manager and a leader. DBanj is an entertainer. Every Dbanj needs a Don Jazzy and but the truth is every Don Jazzy has many DBanjs under his leadership.

6 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Castos(m): 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
Solar Planux. Hehehehehehehehehehe. What a name, really trying to impress the unempresseable. Failure award is the name, i have not seen such an album failure before. I can nearly swear and deny ever hearing any of their songs even on radio.

7 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by ozoebuka1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
@poster, why dont u go and ask google if the music was actually a flop or not? if u dont like dat music, many liked it.. tiwa really salvaged dat music incase u don know.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by asidere(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
The album did not do well.the only song i liked in that album was the song by tiwa savage.that babe got talent and swag,dr sid did not do poorly. Tiwa savage is the best artiste in marvin records and most likely going to make the marvin brand sell.big ups to tiwa savage i love u gurl
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Sylverbox(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
Let's drop Bias 4 once while criticizing, d solar plexus album, agreed not as good as projected but let's giv credit 2 d Mavin record crew...dat single album has over 5 hit tracks...dats an average 9ja musician cnt boast of. And 2 think d album was put up in a striking 3wk time frame, damn those guys are good!! Haters go listen 2 dis track again n c if u woulnt change ur mind- Amarachi, Yolo, Take Banana,see me ri,oma ga!!! Smashing songs!!!

3 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2012
Always thinking outside the box, Dbanj found a presumed better manager in GoodMusic's Kanye West, and he abandoned the Don Jazzy crew, that was smart and natural but listen, he needed another manager if you can reason with me, but Don Jazzy, opted to raise more entertainers, analytically, one seeks a master and the other seeks disciples. There are two sets of humans, the first are the leaders and the rest are disciples. Don Jazzy is a leader type, and Dbanj is the disciple type. Doesnt make one better than the other but its a natural status, in the end, everyone wants to be masters. Think beyond me and you know that Don Jazzy will feel more fulfilled than Dbanj, its not ego, its called Enterprise mindset.

6 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by dammytosh: 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
"Take banana till u go yoooo " what the heck.

On a serious beefless mode, the Album is a failure. I bought it and i dnt even know the where about any longer. I still enjoy my 9ice Versus and Bashorun Gaa till 2moro. Though Tiwa salvage tried, i wish they resell the album with just that single track. Indeed the failure, Oma gaa oooo
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
Cant bliv the OP heard those songs and still ask if the album z a fluke...d only fluke thing hia z ur miserable hating life... So OMA GA aint gud...FOREVER nko?...wot of dr sid's CPR?...BANANA track nko?...mtcheeeewwww...go get a life OP nd dats if u wil eva see one...y dont u go ahead and mention d'banj as d something missing..dimwit

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by betrani(m): 7:19pm On Jul 06, 2012

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by amosy007: 7:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Always thinking outside the box, Dbanj found a presumed better manager in GoodMusic's Kanye West, and he abandoned the Don Jazzy crew, that was smart and natural but listen, he needed another manager if you can reason with me, but Don Jazzy, opted to raise more entertainers, analytically, one seeks a master and the other seeks disciples. There are two sets of humans, the first are the leaders and the rest are disciples.[b] Don Jazzy is a leader type, and Dbanj is the disciple type. [/b]Doesnt make one better than the other but its a natural status, in the end, everyone wants to be masters. Think beyond me and you know that Don Jazzy will feel more fulfilled than Dbanj, its not ego, its called Enterprise mindset.
and what makes dbanj the disciple type when he z actually d one that funds most of d mohits projects and stuffs like that.. Are u judging with physique or what?

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by ACM10: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2012
"Take banana" by D'Prince is hot!

Download it here.
mp3skull.com/mp3/take_banana_d_prince.html
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2012
amosy007:
and what makes dbanj the disciple type when he z actually d one that funds most of d mohits projects and stuffs like that.. Are u judging with physique or what?
No, just keep an open mind and you will understand. DBanj glorifies any manager he has and has not been able to unilaterally power his talent. He needs someone to put him out there, in essence, he always needs a Don Jazzy, a Kanye West and may be another. A Kanye West and a Don Jazzy, has many a DBanj under their management. Reason with me, unadulterated by confusion of interests. Its a natural setting, not many people have courage to be business owners, they seek employments.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by ebamma(m): 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2012
i neva hear any song for that album for club before,e be like say the album don die a natural death,dbanj somebody is missing u.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by BRUNO17: 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2012
Taaa!!!! I love the album o ma gal, chocolate, forever, amarachi, take banana etc..... All these D banj followers.....YOU MUST BE STUPID!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
Well, take banana seems to be getting some rotation in clubs, but to be honest the album hasn't spawned a monster hit yet. I mean, there is NO single club night, party, regular sit-out joint, etc that you would not hear moster tracks like Chuddy K's Gaga Crazy, or Nyanya's Kukere, or Wizkid's Azonto. Solar Plexus does not have any hit on that level, and it is such a shame. Even Wande Coal's older singles (Go Low and Been Long you Saw Me) are bigger hits and enjoy more airplay than any song on the Solar Plexus mixtape. Perhaps it has to do with promo and all that. But that doesn't make the album a flop; let's give it some more time.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by koolboi(m): 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
Billyonaire: No, just keep an open mind and you will understand. DBanj glorifies any manager he has and has not been able to unilaterally power his talent. He needs someone to put him out there, in essence, he always needs a Don Jazzy, a Kanye West and may be another. A Kanye West and a Don Jazzy, has many a DBanj under their management. Reason with me, unadulterated by confusion of interests. Its a natural setting, not many people have courage to be business owners, they seek employments.

Glorifying your manager isn't a short coming, most times its a strategy. To be fair, Dbanj also has sign ons, he recently signed on davido unto his own personal record label. Mr man, brush up on news before coming to the public to misyarn
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by qwest(m): 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
the tiwa savage song: 'o ma ga' made sense. others were drivel.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by cheddarking(m): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
Didn't even know Mavin records had an album out till I read this thread...
A quick YouTube check....

...And all of Lincolnshire can now hear d'prince on my speakers

Take Banana till you go yo!
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by amosy007: 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
Billyonaire: No, just keep an open mind and you will understand. DBanj glorifies any manager he has and has not been able to unilaterally power his talent. He needs someone to put him out there, in essence, he always needs a Don Jazzy, a Kanye West and may be another. A Kanye West and a Don Jazzy, has many a DBanj under their management. Reason with me, unadulterated by confusion of interests. Its a natural setting, not many people have courage to be business owners, they seek employments.
so are u saying a rich guy like dbanj cannot pay any best record producer in nigeria? Whatchu dnt knw is.... If u have d talent anybody can produce ur song buh talents are hard to find

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Video: Olu Maintain - Nawti [cameo Appearance By Natalie Nunn] / Japp "Hallelujah" Worship Song (Audio) / Do You Need A Music Promoter Or Marketer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.