Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:02 AM

Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! (11145 Views)

K-switch 'sister Caro' Was A Greater Hit Than D Solar Plexus Album Combined! / Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? / Download Complete Solar Plexus By Marvin Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by raycolz84: 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
Do any of dose wack songs in d album hav any video? I doubt
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by nodullin(m): 8:11pm On Jul 06, 2012
pro01: Well, take banana seems to be getting some rotation in clubs, but to be honest the album hasn't spawned a monster hit yet. I mean, there is NO single club night, party, regular sit-out joint, etc that you would not hear moster tracks like Chuddy K's Gaga Crazy, or Nyanya's Kukere, or Wizkid's Azonto. Solar Plexus does not have any hit on that level, and it is such a shame. Even Wande Coal's older singles (Go Low and Been Long you Saw Me) are bigger hits and enjoy more airplay than any song on the Solar Plexus mixtape. Perhaps it has to do with promo and all that. But that doesn't make the album a flop; let's give it some more time.

Brilliant!!! Well explained!! Well analaysed!! So 0n Point!!
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by dj187: 8:11pm On Jul 06, 2012
@poster remember ur guy dbanj released some wack tracks lately too dat d entire public outrightly rejected it was equally rejected by radio stations & niteclubs

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
shymmex: Who's don jazzy?

Is he a jazz player? undecided undecided
Google is your friend
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by tunapawizzy: 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
Chei I tire for nairalanders o..must we always derail from posters objective. D poster wants us to discuss d success of Solar Plexus not dbanj vs donjazzy. To be frank its a very decent album although its not up to d usual mohit standard. But given d present circumstances of transition from mohits to Mavin, I think d album is ok.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by koblo(m): 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ignorance is a f**kin deadly disease..wit all due respekt,OP yhu r fuckin ignorant..solar plexus isnt an album..its actually in form of a mixtape for d public to jus av a feel of mavins..d mixtape was rushly done buh it has a lot of good traks,not smash-hits tho..now chek,oma ga-tight, see me ri-on point,forever-good,pretty gals-on point,yolo,chocolate-nice,take banana,y yhu ova dere-club bangers,..not forgetin d amm a mavin trak..truth is most pple jus talk in order to be heard..if solar plexus is gbaf,,okay judge eme's empire mates state ov mind...haters go n jump from 3rd mainland abeg

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by signup2(m): 8:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Always thinking outside the box, Dbanj found a presumed better manager in GoodMusic's Kanye West, and he abandoned the Don Jazzy crew, that was smart and natural but listen, he needed another manager if you can reason with me, but Don Jazzy, opted to raise more entertainers, analytically, one seeks a master and the other seeks disciples. There are two sets of humans, the first are the leaders and the rest are disciples. Don Jazzy is a leader type, and Dbanj is the disciple type. Doesnt make one better than the other but its a natural status, in the end, everyone wants to be masters. Think beyond me and you know that Don Jazzy will feel more fulfilled than Dbanj, its not ego, its called Enterprise mindset.
Guy u really need to do more research b4 typing.
Firstly don jazzy was never dbanj's manager, he was a producer (givin out beats)
2ndly, don jazzy wasnt his boss/master. It was a partnership. Ya dig?
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by dayokanu(m): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
Solar plexus na album?

That na total flop
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Michky: 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
dammytosh: "Take banana till u go yoooo " what the heck.

On a serious beefless mode, the Album is a failure. I bought it and i dnt even know the where about any longer. I still enjoy my 9ice Versus and Bashorun Gaa till 2moro. Though Tiwa salvage tried, i wish they resell the album with just that single track. Indeed the failure, Oma gaa oooo

That's all!
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Michky: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
koblo: Ignorance is a f**kin deadly disease..wit all due respekt,OP yhu r fuckin ignorant..solar plexus isnt an album..its actually in form of a mixtape for d public to jus av a feel of mavins..d mixtape was rushly done buh it has a lot of good traks,not smash-hits tho..now chek,oma ga-tight, see me ri-on point,forever-good,pretty gals-on point,yolo,chocolate-nice,take banana,y yhu ova dere-club bangers,..not forgetin d amm a mavin trak..truth is most pple jus talk in order to be heard..if solar plexus is gbaf,,okay judge eme's empire mates state ov mind...haters go n jump from 3rd mainland abeg
Ebi like dis 1 na marketer. ode! Compare all the songs to the previous mohits hits, have they attained the height?! Op said something simple but you seem to be reading through ur anus.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by montelik(m): 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
dammytosh: "Take banana till u go yoooo " what the heck.

On a serious beefless mode, the Album is a failure. I bought it and i dnt even know the where about any longer. I still enjoy my 9ice Versus and Bashorun Gaa till 2moro. Though Tiwa salvage tried, i wish they resell the album with just that single track. Indeed the failure, Oma gaa oooo

Did you know you could have just downloaded it online for free? The album was completely free, that you spent money to buy it is your misfortune. None of the money will go to Mavin records.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by boyendowed(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
Just because some people didn't enjoy the songs does not mean that the album flopped.Wait till the official record sales are out before you judge

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Dandy1(m): 9:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
[quote author=boyendowed]Just because some people didn't enjoy the songs does not mean that the album flopped.Wait till the official record sales are out before you judge

Damn niggga! The album is not for sale,it's a free mixtape for promotional purpose which was rushly done(within 3weeks actually).The more reason for d watered down outcome.I mean common! You don't expect them to give you their best for free,do you?

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by khrisponty(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
wanna be music critic who sits behind a screen and makes unfounded analysis, for ur mind now u be MusicHead? oh well u r entitled to ur opinion, likewise the rest who share ur views too. but lemme ask you, how many units do u fink d solar plexus album sold? i bet u dunno dat answer, so wat makes it a flop? coz i respectfully disagree wit u based on dat point. songs like; forever & pretty girls, chocolate and the others u nod ur head to anytime it comes on r HIT TRACKS!! the production quality of this album is Superb! kudos to IDJA. trust me if u r a tru music head u wud know that bt u dont. am soree bt "i put it to you that u r a flop yourself"

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by kulobinna: 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
dt album is da hit..haters go lick bananna smiley cool

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by kramer: 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
Just because an album has 2 or 3 good songs only doesn't mean the album is a success.

So far everyone keeps saying take banana and Oma ga are the only nice songs.
. Do the maths
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by kramer: 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
Oh and for the record, I've always loved jazzy's music but I'm only calling a spade a spade here
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by PapaBrowne(m): 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
Have any of those tracks(MAVIN) hit number one on any of the various radio stations that play popular music?? The answer is a Big No.
The songS I hear on radio everyday are DBANJ'S , DAVIDO's, WHIZ KID's, PSQUARES ET AL.
Everybody knows what a hit song is. This album has no first grade hit. The songs are nice but they lack popular appeal.

One way to judge success in the industry these days is to measure youtube activity on the music videos. Check.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Dhelake: 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
.Abeg ... Make all of una save me d sermon joor! ... Solar Plexus ko, Venus Dimension ni .... Dat one na album? ... I dnt tink so , watz ol diz shout abt Don jazzy groomin artiste? Na only him dey groom artiste .. No doubt hez a gud producer ... Na which artiste wey Don jazzy groom wey make hitz reach Wizkid? I knw some foolz will say d'banj, ... I heard someone(billionyaire) talkin of enterprise ... I knw u knw d meanin buh u dnt really undastand d way it is in pratical life ..... Don jazzy is here formin local champion while D'banj is out there makin more money .. Avin more fame ... Bck to d album .. Na only d'prince try ..tiwa too try sha ... Wande neva knw as he dey go ... He dey form sexy voice ... Dr sid ... Dat one na clown ... Make he go join trybes record back ... Make he go continue his back up dancer job .
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
sign_up:
Guy u really need to do more research b4 typing.
Firstly don jazzy was never dbanj's manager, he was a producer (givin out beats)
2ndly, don jazzy wasnt his boss/master. It was a partnership. Ya dig?
We all know better, I am sure am closer than those dudes than you are.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Dhelake: 11:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
khrisponty: wanna be music critic who sits behind a screen and makes unfounded analysis, for ur mind now u be MusicHead? oh well u r entitled to ur opinion, likewise the rest who share ur views too. but lemme ask you, how many units do u fink d solar plexus album sold? i bet u dunno dat answer, so wat makes it a flop? coz i respectfully disagree wit u based on dat point. songs like; forever & pretty girls, chocolate and the others u nod ur head to anytime it comes on r HIT TRACKS!! the production quality of this album is Superb! kudos to IDJA. trust me if u r a tru music head u wud know that bt u dont. am soree bt "i put it to you that u r a flop yourself"
see mumu, u dnt even knw dat d album wasnt sold .,.. Some pple go jst come NL dey form (music knw all)
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by brixton: 11:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
OP need to get a life, why hate d guys cos de re topping

oma ga o, se mi ri, take banana, forever,chocolate,amarachi and owu no de blow me na me de blow owu... I wonder if dis OP is deaf
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2012
The first time I downloaded the mixtape and listened to it, I couldn't believe that those guys put in so much work into a promotional mixtape. Many tracks were smashing my favorite is FOREVER - Wande Coal. You can't judge the success of the tape based on Album sales but the number of downloads. I believe it was a success based on what they were aiming for. Please let us stop hating. Forever, Take Banana, Yolo, CPR, Oma Ga, Amarachi etc were all hot tracks for a free mixtape. Salute hardwork and brilliance.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Mcleo007(m): 12:25am On Jul 07, 2012
To me, the album was a flop from inception.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by itoldu: 3:42am On Jul 07, 2012
Na which album "forever" dey? Bomb dey some of una head
. if una fit produce beats, enter studio go sing. i luv IDJA but u all bera behave.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by koblo(m): 4:02am On Jul 07, 2012
Michky:
Ebi like dis 1 na marketer. ode! Compare all the songs to the previous mohits hits, have they attained the height?! Op said something simple but you seem to be reading through ur anus.
Guy yhu dumb die,did ii eva say they were smash hits?.incase yhu didn't pass thru a skool,ii was simply sayin mavins shldnt b judged onn a rushly-done mixtape.btw,were d mo-hits hit traks done in 3weeks?.na pple like yhu wey noo fit sing ordinary national anthem go com nl deyy crucify oda pple..daft mofo oshi

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by bernieamce: 4:38am On Jul 07, 2012
shymmex: Who's don jazzy?

Is he a jazz player? undecided undecided
go ask my 2 year-old son, He sure will give u the answer plus the details about He! BAMF!!!
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by dabigwalls: 5:59am On Jul 07, 2012
Based on expectations: I think it was a major flop. One, two good songs don't cut it as a hit. I think Mavin's next will be the smash hit. This one...aaah aaaaaahh.

#truthhurts
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by ektbear: 6:28am On Jul 07, 2012
hmm
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by ikoha: 6:38am On Jul 07, 2012
Castos: Solar Planux. Hehehehehehehehehehe. What a name, really trying to impress the unempresseable. Failure award is the name, i have not seen such an album failure before. I can nearly swear and deny ever hearing any of their songs even on radio.

well, that is because you stay in the rock bottom of atlantic ocean. angry grin grin[center][/center]
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by ektbear: 7:19am On Jul 07, 2012
I thought they said D'Banj would be the one to suffer after the split.

Hmm.....

Lesson learned: never listen to bad belle people on Nairaland
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Michky: 7:46am On Jul 07, 2012
Dhelake: .Abeg ... Make all of una save me d sermon joor! ... Solar Plexus ko, Venus Dimension ni .... Dat one na album? ... I dnt tink so , watz ol diz shout abt Don jazzy groomin artiste? Na only him dey groom artiste .. No doubt hez a gud producer ... Na which artiste wey Don jazzy groom wey make hitz reach Wizkid? I knw some foolz will say d'banj, ... I heard someone(billionyaire) talkin of enterprise ... I knw u knw d meanin buh u dnt really undastand d way it is in pratical life ..... Don jazzy is here formin local champion while D'banj is out there makin more money .. Avin more fame ... Bck to d album .. Na only d'prince try ..tiwa too try sha ... Wande neva knw as he dey go ... He dey form sexy voice ... Dr sid ... Dat one na clown ... Make he go join trybes record back ... Make he go continue his back up dancer job .
Nice points 2wards d end of ur jargons but u faild where u compared dbanj to dat smal boy wizkid. Let me ask u again, r u ok atal?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Video: Olu Maintain - Nawti [cameo Appearance By Natalie Nunn] / Japp "Hallelujah" Worship Song (Audio) / Do You Need A Music Promoter Or Marketer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.