Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,607 members, 7,770,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! (11147 Views)

K-switch 'sister Caro' Was A Greater Hit Than D Solar Plexus Album Combined! / Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? / Download Complete Solar Plexus By Marvin Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by DonHummer(m): 7:56am On Jul 07, 2012
Wats rong wit u pple...DIS ALBUM WAS DONE IN 3WEEKS..haba..abeg ee try...infact don baba j nd da crew should be awarded 4 putin up an album in such a tym.....nd it wasnt don 4 commercial purpos....so stop da hatin nd listen with a freemind
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by deb(m): 9:09am On Jul 07, 2012
It was a big disappointment. Don J and D'banj obviously need each other.
I kept skipping the tracks on the album. Only Tiwa savage tried small.
Infact the album wack no be small.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by LuvkareeMa: 9:09am On Jul 07, 2012
shymmex: Who's don jazzy?

Is he a jazz player? undecided undecided
See dis one, In your mind u just said somtin funny, u be gbef dats y u no knw am. Odeh.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by LuvkareeMa: 9:10am On Jul 07, 2012

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by montelik(m): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2012
Dandy.:
Damn niggga! The album is not for sale,it's a free mixtape for promotional purpose which was rushly done(within 3weeks actually).The more reason for d watered down outcome.I mean common! You don't expect them to give you their best for free,do you?

Apparently that was what some were expecting. Awoof
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by yomide: 10:08am On Jul 07, 2012
Its so obvious this is someone dbanj sent to make horrible comments on this page because I see no correlation between the topic and the comments about praising dbanj here. I don't have issues with anyone but since both of them have decided to move on, I believe people shld let them be, make complaints when necessary and trying to side one person over the other pls.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by yomide: 10:09am On Jul 07, 2012
Its so obvious this is someone dbanj sent to make horrible comments on this page because I see no correlation between the topic and the comments about praising dbanj here. I don't have issues with anyone but since both of them have decided to move on, I believe people shld let them be, make complaints when necessary and not trying to side one person over the other pls.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by yomide: 10:13am On Jul 07, 2012
Its so obvious this is someone dbanj sent to make horrible comments on this page because I see no correlation between the topic and the comments about praising dbanj here. I don't have issues with anyone but since both of them have decided to move on, I believe people shld let them be, make complaints when necessary and not trying to side one person over the other pls. Shikena yewa
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2012
They are already missing dbanj grin
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by nellaluv(f): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2012
All i wanna see is yuh yansh grin

Why you wannna see my yansh angry
WTF tongue
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Claracuzio: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2012
Back off all I wanna see is ur n y a s h!
That's the best song in that album
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by phlame(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2012

who are you? undecided
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by abohrandy: 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2012
dammytosh: "Take banana till u go yoooo " what the heck.

On a serious beefless mode, the Album is a failure. I bought it and i dnt even know the where about any longer. I still enjoy my 9ice Versus and Bashorun Gaa till 2moro. Though Tiwa salvage tried, i wish they resell the album with just that single track. Indeed the failure, Oma gaa oooo

typical yoruba boi speaking!!! smh
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by abohrandy: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2012
nebula9: They are already missing dbanj grin

please who is dat they? dbanj and his lil bro(k-switch) are just doing shit i can really understand!! don jay is d bomb till 2moa!! dbanj is so going down!!
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by naturalwaves: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2012
Billyonaire: Always thinking outside the box, Dbanj found a presumed better manager in GoodMusic's Kanye West, and he abandoned the Don Jazzy crew, that was smart and natural but listen, he needed another manager if you can reason with me, but Don Jazzy, opted to raise more entertainers, analytically, one seeks a master and the other seeks disciples. There are two sets of humans, the first are the leaders and the rest are disciples. Don Jazzy is a leader type, and Dbanj is the disciple type. Doesnt make one better than the other but its a natural status, in the end, everyone wants to be masters. Think beyond me and you know that Don Jazzy will feel more fulfilled than Dbanj, its not ego, its called Enterprise mindset.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Dhelake: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2012
Michky: Nice points 2wards d end of ur jargons but u faild where u compared dbanj to dat smal boy wizkid. Let me ask u again, r u ok atal?
u got it wrong! I wasnt comparing dbanj wit wizkid ... I was reffering to d bck up singers, sorry mavin crew .... I was only sayin some pple would try and say donjazzy groomed d,banj
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by naturalwaves: 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2012
@ Billyonaire.I totally disagree with you...Some persons are born leaders and others are followers or disciples like you put it.The fact that Dbanj left Mohits crew doesn't mean he is a disciple ok?....A leader must be brave and ready to take on new challenges...Don Jazzy is a coward which is not the characteristic of a leader...He was contenmpted with being a local champion.Dbanj is a born leader,he likes to set the pace and others follow.Their split was a mutual one and I respect that.That does not mean we should not give honor to whom it is due.Everyone knows that 1 Dbanj is equivalent to about 4 of the other mohits guys put together cos he can almost effortlessly make a monster hit with just few words...that's his own gift! With regards to gathering followers,any tom,dick and harry that has cash can do that ok?That doesn't make them a leader.e.g the kennis guys e.t.c....It is d cash that dictates.Dbanj was to Mohits,what Messi is to the Barcelonia team.Those songs are just averagely there,a lot of money was pumped to radio stations for them to be played that much.If it were an upcoming artist that sang CHOP BANANA,we won't even be discussing it....Money is speaking here ok?.....My verdict,Dbanj will miss Don Jazzy and Don Jazzy will miss Dbanj too.Definitely!

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Dhelake: 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2012
naturalwaves: @ Billyonaire.I totally disagree with you...Some persons are born leaders and others are followers or disciples like you put it.The fact that Dbanj left Mohits crew doesn't mean he is a disciple ok?....A leader must be brave and ready to take on new challenges...Don Jazzy is a coward which is not the characteristic of a leader...He was contenmpted with being a local champion.Dbanj is a born leader,he likes to set the pace and others follow.Their split was a mutual one and I respect that.That does not mean we should not give honor to whom it is due.Everyone knows that 1 Dbanj is equivalent to about 4 of the other mohits guys put together cos he can almost effortlessly make a monster hit with just few words...that's his own gift! With regards to gathering followers,any tom,dick and harry that has cash can do that ok?That doesn't make them a leader.e.g the kennis guys e.t.c....It is d cash that dictates.Dbanj was to Mohits,what Messi is to the Barcelonia team.Those songs are just averagely there,a lot of money was pumped to radio stations for them to be played that much.If it were an upcoming artist that sang CHOP BANANA,we won't even be discussing it....Money is speaking here ok?.....My verdict,Dbanj will miss Don Jazzy and Don Jazzy will miss Dbanj too.Definitely!
oh boi! U just made my day ... I Gbadun u die

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by shabaranky: 7:32am On Jul 08, 2012
Thank God i downloaded the wack album for free online!! Cant spend my money on that bullshit banana stuff!!
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Babasessy(m): 9:14am On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Aygem(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2012
Abagworo: @poster. It seems you don't go to club. "Take Banana", "Amarachi" and "Oma ga" are smash hits till this day. Especially "Take Banana".

wat kinda club is that that wuld play a whack boring music when they are beta songs out there?
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Aygem(m): 10:32am On Jul 08, 2012
betrani: And since when did u become an expert in music? Whoever told u, ur right as regards this album is a joker! If there isn't an album in comparison with this I would say there isn't any basis whatsoever to damn this album as being a fluke! The guy tried! Regardless of the lyrics of the other songs u didn't mention, He still got the bit right! Who told u nigerian artists ever sing sense? It is the beats that has "cotton-swabbed" us from hearin the wackness in the songs ok!

it seems u put cotton in ur eyes when i said whack songs over a seeminly nice beat. The post wasnt meant a castigation on d beats made as no mention was made on how poor d beats were.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by naturalwaves: 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
Dhelake: oh boi! U just made my day ... I Gbadun u die
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by naturalwaves: 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
Thank you DHELAKE!
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
Fink Both Parties {D'banj and Jazzy} are Missing Eachother's Worth undecided undecided
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by dammiecool(m): 7:17pm On Jul 09, 2012
DonHummer: Wats rong wit u pple...DIS ALBUM WAS DONE IN 3WEEKS..haba..abeg ee try...infact don baba j nd da crew should be awarded 4 putin up an album in such a tym.....nd it wasnt don 4 commercial purpos....so stop da hatin nd listen with a freemind

who send dem message? must he rush to produce an album? n who is he trying to impress? all don J was looking 4 with d so called solar album was public symphathy n he got it n dat is y d album will never stand d test of time cos d motive behind its production was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Aygem(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
dammiecool:

who send dem message? must he rush to produce an album? n who is he trying to impress? all don J was looking 4 with d so called solar album was public symphathy n he got it n dat is y d album will never stand d test of time cos d motive behind its production was wrong.

abi oh broda. Na by force to do album quick? Y d rush?
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by akikanju(m): 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sum1 was saying with time the solar plexus album would grow on people. After 4 months,it hasnt grown oh,is it a snail dat walks so slow?
Flop na flop and the solar plexus album is one of them.
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by Aygem(m): 9:26am On Jul 30, 2013
Dkm has been released, the whole world can differentiate btw the two albulms
Re: Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! by turl(m): 8:54am On Aug 05, 2013
akikanju: Sum1 was saying with time the solar plexus album would grow on people. After 4 months,it hasnt grown oh,is it a snail dat walks so slow?
Flop na flop and the solar plexus album is one of them.
solar plexus was a mixtape oga

@OP on the long run, I think D'banjs hype will faceplant. His energy, combined with the genius of jazzy was what got him to where he is now. Dude is still caking off Oliver twist. You think people like the song because of D'banjs lyrics? Park well! I'm also not playing down d'banjs energy. the guy also knows how to make business connections. Apparently, most major endorsements on mo'hits were engineered by him but jazzys quality was the backbone of the success..take that away and it all falls apart.

If we talk long term, jazzy will continue produce good music and d'banj will fizzle out..me thinks!
my 2p!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Video: Olu Maintain - Nawti [cameo Appearance By Natalie Nunn] / Japp "Hallelujah" Worship Song (Audio) / Do You Need A Music Promoter Or Marketer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.