Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology (7007 Views)

FIFA Announces 2014 World Cup Award Nominees / Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal / Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Havilah93(m): 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
Football's world governing body FIFA has agreed to allow the introduction of goal-line technology (GLT) at a meeting of the sport's executives here on Thursday.

The technology will be used at the Club World Cup in Tokyo in December, the Confederation Cup in 2013 and also the World Cup in 2014.

The decision by the International Football Association Board (IFAB) -- custodians of the game's laws -- followed a vote at the Zurich headquarters of FIFA, the international association of football federations.

It means footballing authorites around the world can introduce the technology into their competitions, using either the Hawk-Eye or GoalRef systems that have been undergoing tests.

The English Premier League, the world's richest football league, welcomed IFAB's decision.

"The Premier League has been a long-term advocate of goal line technology," the EPL said in a statement.

"We will engage in discussions with both Hawk-Eye and GoalRef in the near future with a view to introducing goal-line technology as soon as is practically possible."

The development comes after FIFA president Sepp Blatter lent his weight to calls for the technology to be introduced after Ukraine was denied an apparent goal against England in the recent Euro 2012 championships, losing 1-0.

"After last night's match (GLT) is no longer an alternative, but a necessity," Blatter Tweeted.

Replays showed that Marko Devic's shot in the 62nd minute had crossed the goal line before being cleared by England defender John Terry.

FA general secretary Alex Horne told a news conference in Zurich it was "a hugely important day" for football.

He said: "We believe that it is a great day for football. From an English perspective today is a hugely important day, it is a cause we have had on our agenda for a number of years.

"This is about having the right technology helping the referee in a relatively rare occurrence - the scoring of a goal."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fifa-approves-goal-line-technology-165519858--sow.html
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by mukina2: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
Good.
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2012
I'm wondering what took them so long when such technology has been fully developed and used in Lawn Tennis and other games. Abeg that so called FIFA president is only chopping money there o Jare!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Havilah93(m): 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2012
its long overdue. Lets see how it works out. The EPL surely needs it
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Castos(m): 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
Haaaa! Ok no problem with that. Thats good though, but it must not be controled by anybody.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by fredoooooo: 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
hahah Finally , after they send millions of people to early grave .............. grin grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Havilah93(m): 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2012
fredoooooo: hahah Finally , after they send millions of people to early grave .............. grin grin grin grin
no mind dem jare.......how tins!
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by donigspain(m): 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
Man U is doomed!!!
No more ojoro goals and discounts.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Emylexray(m): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
long overdue indeed!...England too were victims of this at the 2010 world cup. So it is welcomed.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
What is Goal-Line technology ?
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by wandeay: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
partiality nd racism, hw come fifa organizes euro cup, nd caf organize africa nations' cup, pls i need reasonable answers oo
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by fredoooooo: 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
Havilah93:
no mind dem jare.......how tins!

i dey , my guy ........how are u too ?
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by fredoooooo: 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain: Man U is doomed!!!

what about offside and penalty grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Havilah93(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
fredoooooo:

i dey , my guy ........how are u too ?
not bad
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Babamide(m): 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
I still think football should be judged strictly by humans. The human error adds to the fun

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Chaydee(m): 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain: Man U is doomed!!!

and hw many Ojoro we dan do 4u
Which Useless club u dey support sev cos I only knw about 2 clubs i.e Manchester united and Others grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by donigspain(m): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
fredoooooo:

what about offside and penalty grin grin grin grin grin grin
We'll develop the technologies for those in no distant time. We will install chips in all Man U players to assess the magnitude of physical contact (penalty) as well as 'space and pace' detector on the offside part.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by donigspain(m): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
Chaydee:

and hw many Ojoro we dan do 4u
Which Useless club u dey support sev cos I only knw about 2 clubs i.e Manchester united and Others grin grin grin
HALA MADRID!!!
I've got the Madridismo in me!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by a1solution: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
I need full details on how it works!
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by niyitogun(m): 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
Pls we need it in nigerian league...e se gan! (_)
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Mandelaguy(m): 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
A good one. A lot of unfair decisions will no longer occur. Good one for football.
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by hakwise(m): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
Billyonaire: What is Goal-Line technology ?

grin I had scrolled past ur question initially....but sumthing stuck M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ to find out who asked this question if it was billy...so its you again ...!! I serious think U̶̲̥̅̊ r very dunce for this ur incessant n annoying questions oon almost every thread !!!!**HISSES and RELIEVED**

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
wandeay: partiality nd racism, hw come fifa organizes euro cup, nd caf organize africa nations' cup, pls i need reasonable answers oo
you know your question is unreasonable. anyway FIFA doesn't organise euro cup. UEFA does that and please if you are not sure of something ask it in a question before shouting racism and partiality. it sounds really ignorant and pathetic. . .

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by folahann(m): 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
This is what I see, when wrong decision went against England 2010 nothing happened. Now that the same decision goes in favor of England, goal line tech introduced fast fast.
Remember when Chelsea (a team from England) won UCL on PSO and they were searching for alternatives to penalties.
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 05, 2012
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by FXKing2012(m): 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
Chai! Barcelona don hear whin be dat. Now Madrid will perpetually dominate La Liga.
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by JojoArmani(m): 12:38am On Jul 06, 2012
wooow wonderful development, lets watch club world cup in deccember and confederation cup and see how de goal line technology works. I hope de will score controvasial goal to see how de tin work self.
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by katchy2k: 3:14am On Jul 06, 2012
Sorry man, its Madrid and the rest.
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by ayobase(m): 5:42am On Jul 06, 2012
Babamide: I still think football should be judged strictly by humans. The human error adds to the fun

Seconded!
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Jerry2i(m): 6:50am On Jul 06, 2012
wandeay: partiality nd racism, hw come fifa organizes euro cup, nd caf organize africa nations' cup, pls i need reasonable answers oo
fifa does nt organise d euros,it is organised by uefa
Re: FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology by Jerry2i(m): 6:53am On Jul 06, 2012
Goal line tech will mk d beautiful game less interestin(no more arguments)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foreign Young Star Eligible To Play For Super Eagles / Red Card: Was Sani Kaita's Lunacy Chemically Induced? / Bayelsa Queens Qualify For CAF Women’s Champions League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.