Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Nissan Xterra Owners Forum - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum (31560 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / BMW Owners' Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 7:52am On Dec 19, 2012
@T-Cann, The xterra is very sluggish in picking speed. That was why they introduced the V6 with the supecharger but if you go that way, Naija mechanics will finish you off in no time.

The xterra is no racing car. I discovered it has taught me how to drive below 100km/h.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by sultaan(m): 8:22am On Dec 19, 2012
Marpol: @T-Cann, The xterra is very sluggish in picking speed. That was why they introduced the V6 with the supecharger but if you go that way, Naija mechanics will finish you off in no time.

The xterra is no racing car. I discovered it has taught me how to drive below 100km/h.

Very funny, but the truck should still be able to move.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by TCann(m): 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2012
@mapol
I know that some Xterras come with d supercharger thingy, but how will an average person who wants to get an Xterra know that it is a supercharged model when & if it is NOT pasted on the back or anywhere on d ride?
BTW d fact that my ride doesn't pick speed fast enough doesn't mean it does not 'tear race' after completing d transmission to gear 4 o, don't try it. My only concern is that I feel it shd pick speed faster from an idle or stationery mode than it is doing right now!

xterras and other truck based SuVs have never been made for speeding,(I can't say for crossovers and other hybrids) I once did a top speed of 120-130km/h around d time I just got d truck from Ib to lag (& I was a bach then) now I do btw 80-100km/h on any joni, even 3rd mainland bridge jonis to d office (madam and child dey house na) grin

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 7:55am On Dec 21, 2012
@T-Cann, Once you open the bonnet you will know it is different cos of the supercharger mounted on the engine.

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 11:56am On Jan 05, 2013
Please who knows where I can get a competent mechanic for a 2004 Nissan Xterra? My sensors are driving me crazy.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
I need urgent help badly! I serviced my Nissan Xterra this morning and after changing the oil and the oil filter, I started the car only to notice white smoke billowing out of the exhaust. I scanned it immediately but what I got was cylinder 4 misfiring and multiple cylinder misfiring.

What could be the cause of this white smoke please?
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 7:08am On Jan 06, 2013
Hello, anybody home?
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by nissparts(m): 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
Hi, hope you did as I said.
The only reason this will happen after an oil change is if you overfilled it.
Especially since you now have cylinder misfires.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by TCann(m): 11:40am On Jan 07, 2013
Thanks Mapol, I really do not have a serious technical mechanic for my 02 xterra since i have not had to do anything on the mechanical aspects of the truck hence just the normal mechanic that can fix anything on a SUV is the type I use. Sorry, Hope you have been able to fix the stuff.

Is that supercharger in the pic above in a 04 xterra? Cos that engine doesn't look like a 02 engine Btw I ve not seen a supercharger in a 2002 exterra before.

Cheers.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 11:43am On Jan 07, 2013
nissparts: Hi, hope you did as I said.
The only reason this will happen after an oil change is if you overfilled it.
Especially since you now have cylinder misfires.

I scanned it and the 4th cylinder was misfiring. Called the mechanic and he worked on it, changed the oil and oil filter and still it is smoking.

Am confused!
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 11:44am On Jan 07, 2013
Last night I sacnned it and it is showing P0300. Multiple cylinder misfiring.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by nissparts(m): 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
Bro,

You have oil in your cylinders.
After reducing the oil level, bring out the plugs and clear the cylinders.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
nissparts: Bro,

You have oil in your cylinders.
After reducing the oil level, bring out the plugs and clear the cylinders.

How do I do that? Cos the mumu mechanic is saying I have to change my nozzles!

Someone help me pls!
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2013
smiley
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by cardoctor(m): 12:11am On Jan 22, 2013
Lovely suv but reminds me of the Russian Lada Niva jeep. Most customers of mine complain of high fuel consumption and clunky suspensions. You either love it or hate it. grin
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by fratochi: 9:38am On Jan 22, 2013
Hi everyone, I beg to disagree with the view that Xterra consumes excess fuel, except where there are other antecedent faults. I mean for a work-horse SUV like it to gulp between 15 and 17 mpg to me is not too much, just my opinion anyway.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 2:41pm On May 14, 2013
The roof linning of my 04 Xterra has completely detached itself from the roof. Does anyone know where I can replace the roof linning pls?
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 2:58pm On May 14, 2013
It has sagged so badly that it touches my head whenever am driving.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 9:15am On May 15, 2013
Marpol: The roof linning of my 04 Xterra has completely detached itself from the roof. Does anyone know where I can replace the roof linning pls?It has sagged so badly that it touches my head whenever am driving.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 7:52am On May 21, 2013
Anyone home?
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 7:33am On May 24, 2013
Marpol: Anyone home?
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by FreddyH(m): 3:40am On Jul 15, 2013
Hi all, please I need help on locating the engine number of the 2003 Nissan xterra vehicle.

Please share how/where you found your car engine number. I need it for registration purpose to avoid police headache. Thanks
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Marpol: 9:39am On Jul 16, 2013
FreddyH: Hi all, please I need help on locating the engine number of the 2003 Nissan xterra vehicle.

Please share how/where you found your car engine number. I need it for registration purpose to avoid police headache. Thanks

Don't bother urself. Just put nil where the engine number is required. That is what they did to mine an no policeman has ever stopped me to ask for engine number. The VIN is the most important bro.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by FreddyH(m): 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
Marpol:

Don't bother urself. Just put nil where the engine number is required. That is what they did to mine an no policeman has ever stopped me to ask for engine number. The VIN is the most important bro.

After many attempts i managed to call through to nissan USA and they use the VIN as reference to retrieve the engine number for me. This was possible given that the vehicle just arrived from the US with complete documentation and the engine hasn`t been replaced.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
FreddyH:

After many attempts i managed to call through to nissan USA and they use the VIN as reference to retrieve the engine number for me. This was possible given that the vehicle just arrived from the US with complete documentation and the engine hasn`t been replaced.
Though difficult, you did right.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by waterflood(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2014
Please I need ur help, am thinking of getting a Nissan Xterra of either 2002 or 2003 model, and want to know what are the likely issues they may have. Thanks
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by truword: 10:15am On Sep 27, 2014
Pls aside the 2004 model dat seems so perfect, which other higher model is trouble-free. And can't one get a nissan sound system that supports auxilary-in? Pls comments needed.
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by truword: 10:29am On Sep 27, 2014
waterflood: Please I need ur help, am thinking of getting a Nissan Xterra of either 2002 or 2003 model, and want to know what are the likely issues they may have. Thanks
Did you get the SUV?
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by erico2k2(m): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
chelseabmw:

We all know that,must u remind us.....lolxx
Lolo why U agree cheaply lol the 2007 model does my friend has one
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by chelseabmw(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
erico2k2:
Lolo why U agree cheaply lol the 2007 model does my friend has one

Bros I nor understand u ohhhhh
Re: Nissan Xterra Owners Forum by eRex(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2015
i also experienced same with my bro Xterra 03 model.. i went to a mech for a general servicing as i noticed it normally drips oil when parked. the jeep was dre for a week but when the mech was done, it was unbelievable the rate at which the xterra takes off... on the day of pickup i was pratically racing with my sis Rav4 07 and the xterra engine was damn quiet...
i actually did not mention it to the mech to avoid over charges

TCann:
Pls I need your suggestions and contributions on this transmission matter. Actually, there's nothing wrong with d SUV, only that I feel the transmission is lazy in picking d higher gear. For instance, if u throttle down to move, an average pathfinder or isuzu rodeo or 1999-2000 model 4runner picking up at that same time would have gone past me (even fellow xterras of the same year model would gazz past me). Could there be a reason for this laziness of the transmission? Can anything be done about this situation in terms of transmission
servicing? OR bluntly speaking, am I the one feeling so?

Summary of the issue is...for me, it doesn't pick up speed quick enough when at idle or 0 rpm and d gear drags a lil too long o gear 1 before transmitting it to gear 2.

Thanks in anticipation of your suggestions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) / 5 Places Where Driverless Cars Can Work In Nigeria / 30 People Die In Kogi Road Accident Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.