Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

We Know It Kills, But We Still Get It Into Our Body, Why? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / We Know It Kills, But We Still Get It Into Our Body, Why? (1411 Views)

A Mirracle Drink...it Kills Cancer Too...must Read / This Kills: But You Do It Everyday Without Knowing / What Is The Positive Effect Of Alchohol In Our Body? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Know It Kills, But We Still Get It Into Our Body, Why? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2006
angryYou must have heard this advert "Smokers are liable to die young", but why is it that smokers wont stop. They knw it kills. My friend (a medical doctor) who smokes told me something that made me think if some people are ok. He said " Emmeno, cigarrate kills, but i take the one that wont kill me very fast. I avoid nicotine" u knw, i was flabbergasted shocked.

So plz tell me, wat do u think is the problem, Do u think its a spirit behind it or its just the pleasure cos i dont smoke and i need an answer. undecided
Re: We Know It Kills, But We Still Get It Into Our Body, Why? by idiotboop(f): 11:11pm On Apr 04, 2006
Well smoking for some is a casual thing, they smoke when out with friends or like some people i know they smoke when they drink, they say they are not addicted to it, i still don't know why some do this with the obvious risks. For others it becomes an addiction and you know with addictions, its a mind and physiological thing(cravings). I think for many there are so many different reasons, some people strangely enough feel more confident with a gay in hand in social situations. Some people like the taste. Some people smoke roll ups and like the whole ritual of preparing the tobacco from getting it out of their little tins, spreading it out, rolling it up, licking it to seal and then lighting up.( so said a friend from work)

It varies, its interesting topic , without going too much into the physiological aspect of smoking, some people are just plain addictive in nature and if its not smoking it will be something else. So asking why? can prove challenging, i suppose if the smokers on the forum can answer then we'll be half way to knowing.

Your doctor friend's reply is interesting though, i think he had resigned himself to the fact that he is addicted and either way he'll die one day, either from the ciggies or something else.
Re: We Know It Kills, But We Still Get It Into Our Body, Why? by kimba(m): 6:39am On Apr 24, 2006
A study I read about even concludes that Medical doctor smokers are people mostly addicted to Smoking, and thats its quite harder for them to break loose from it, than a normal person, considering they have all the knowledge of the potential latter-life effects.
Re: We Know It Kills, But We Still Get It Into Our Body, Why? by shuppie(f): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2008
u smoke, u re liable to die young, UR CHOICE, no one else,

and when u die, na ur problem be that, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: We Know It Kills, But We Still Get It Into Our Body, Why? by reyesburns: 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2009
(You must have heard this advert "Smokers are liable to die young", but why is it that smokers wont stop. They knw it kills. My friend (a medical doctor) who smokes told me something that made me think if some people are ok. He said " Emmeno, cigarrate kills, but i take the one that wont kill me very fast. I avoid nicotine" u knw, i was flabbergasted Shocked.

So plz tell me, wat do u think is the problem, Do u think its a spirit behind it or its just the pleasure cos i dont smoke and i need an answer. Undecided Huh
Five million people still continue to smoke, with the information from the internet, it can be easily found out why it’s not good to smoke. The consensus shows that 438,000 people die each year from diseases related to smoking. These diseases include lung cancer, cardiovascular disorders and pulmonary diseases. The drawback is that many smokers are unwilling or unable to quit smoking. It is a proven fact that if you don’t want to die young, then visits: http://smokingharms.com and quit smoking now.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Take An HIV Test? / How Did You Start The Smoking Habit? / Rabies: Man Bitten By Rabid Dog Starts Barking Like A Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.