Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes (165446 Views)

Food For Thought Inspirational Quotes ... / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by juliebest(f): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
If you don't start, you've failed already.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
When you do important work, work that changes things and work that matters, it's inconceivable that
the change you're trying to make will be met with
complete approval.

Trying to please everyone will water down your
efforts, frustrate your forward motion and ultimately fail.

The balancing act is to work to please precisely the right people, and just enough of them, to get your best work out the door.

Shun the non-believers.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- STRENGTH & COURAGE cool

1 Share

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
cool

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
The problem with positive fantasies is that they allow us to anticipate success in the here and now.

However, they don't alert us to the problems we are likely to face along the way
and can leave us with less motivation—after all, it feels like we've already reached our goal.

As they say, don't give up on your dreams, but
don't fall under their spell either.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
It is better to have a small number of people care a lot (community) than a large number of people care a little (fame).
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but
newspapers."- Thomas Jefferson
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.” - Michael Jordan
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
A small percentage of something is better than a larger percentage of nothing.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
"I'd be conceited if I said I could, but I'd be lying
if I said I couldn't" ~ Rocky Marciano
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should & let go of what you can't change.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ignore the critics. Especially the ones who've never done anything. There's a reason for that.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working.

Do not be discouraged. Ever!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
When you stop doing things for fun and passion, you stop living and you start merely existing. If you truly want to change your life, you must first change your mind and your actions. Once you are ready to truly devote your time and energy to what calls to your soul, you will find your life unimaginably enriched.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Frosti, you are on fire and I like it.
Keep them coming!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- CONFIDENCE smiley

"Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye." -Helen Keller

“If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.”-Paul Bryant

“Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.”-Marie Curie

“Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.” -Theodore Roosevelt (Very vital for job seekers!)

"Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings."-Samuel Johnson

"Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong."-Peter T. Mcintyre

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
smiley

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 8:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
Cuddlemii: @Frosti, you are on fire and I like it.
Keep them coming!

You too. Nice ones.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 8:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
What you consume – may it be your diet, or
information – ends up as you. So be selective of
both.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2012
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. ~ Albert Einstein

Never let others make you to forget your goals in life.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
Smiles can hide so much. It can hide fear, pain,
sadness, and grief, but the one thing they can
reflect is strength.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Frosti(m): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
One of the worst things you can do to yourself, is compare yourself to someone else.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 3:38am On Jul 31, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- THANKFUL kiss

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by kaze4blues(m): 9:58am On Jul 31, 2012
Noone can make u inferior witout ur consent
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 5:53am On Aug 01, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- NEW MONTH cool

"While you wake up today, someone is breathing their last breath. Thank God for another day. Don't waste it"- Anonymous

"No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!"- C JoyBell C

LET THE FOLLOWING STEPS BELOW GUIDE YOU THIS MONTH-

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 5:54am On Aug 01, 2012
HAVE A BLESSED MONTH OF AUGUST wink

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by kaze4blues(m): 4:28am On Aug 02, 2012
In all, always stay 2ru 2 ur values. Never trade it wt anytn. Wen all seems 2 av gone, ds values still remain as reflectns of u
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- ART smiley

"The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance"- Aristotle

"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery"- Francis Bacon

"A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art"- Paul Cezanne

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see"- Degas

"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its ass in a museum"- Claes Oldenburg

"What moves men of genius, or rather what inspires their work, is not new ideas, but their obsession with the idea that what has already been said is still not enough"- Eugene Delacroix

"Do not fear mistakes - there are none" - Miles David

"The painting has a life of its own" - Jackson Pollock

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 5:13am On Aug 04, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- KNOWLEDGE smiley

"If people did not do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done"-Ludwig Wittgenstein

“Sometimes when learning comes before experience it doesn't make sense right away.”-Richard David Bach

"Believing you know it all, will guarantee you learn nothing - and achieve even less"

"Be curious always! For knowledge will not acquire you: you must acquire it"- Sudie Back

"Education costs money, but then so does ignorance." - Sir Claus Moser

"Believe in yourself, be strong, never give up no matter what the circumstances are. You are a champion and will overcome the dreaded obstacles. Champions take failure as a learning opportunity, so take in all you can, and run with it. Be your best and don't ever ever give up." - Brad Gerrard

"If you find yourself saying 'But I can't speak English...', try adding the word '...yet' - Jane Revell & Susan Norman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] / unHOLY MATRIMONY / Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.