Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji (88084 Views)

Checkout Photos Of GEJ Branded Phones By Orji Uzor Kalu's SLOK Mobile / Pictures From Inside Aso Rock (2014-2015) / Remembering Today In History: The Day Abacha Seized Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by enjay1(m): 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
please
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by SmartPolician: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
thoth:
Nigeria is really far from any form of liberation. The ignorance of the masses and the extent that such ignorance and arrogance has been glamourized tell a lot that we are playing the loosing hand. Just look at the two posts below.

In the face of such an important information,one which its truth or falsity matters a lot to the future and its composites affecting our future judgements on such matters, all that this poster sees is the writing style of the author and that he chooses to criticize and from that he makes his validation against the information the writer is trying to convey. I have only witnesed such stupidity and arrogance in the dumbest of americans.

One of the most horrifying display of Nigerianess, they can't read anything more than a page and with all the one liner pills they always swallow from foreign media would insist on arguing with you on matters which due to there profound laziness and arrogance they have not done any enquiries on. Is it not suprising that with that single "too long" he has dismissed the whole article as not worth looking at , and more suprising is the phenomena that lacking the time(or intelligence) to read the post he surely does have the time to tell us that the post is "TOO LONG"
These two posters one who believes the intent of this thread is a criticism on writing styles and the other who chooses to gives us an important information on a post that he has not read constitutes a large number of Nigerians.

What effect does an Abacha who died in 1998 have on your life?

FYI, many content writers, including myself, read long articles to improve their writing skills.

People read for many different reasons
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by qanda: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
Interesting read. Writers are amazing, aren't they?
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by dman4mdmoon(m): 8:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
"Major Al-Mustapha took some strategic decisions that were of national significance. One of such decisions was the immediate evacuation of the condemned coup plotters in Jos Prison to a more secured place. The measure was probably to pre-empt any intention to summarily execute the plotters by possible overzealous forces". So OBJ could have been summarily executed if not for Al-Mustapha because he was imprisoned in Jos prison then? He owes Al-Mustapha for this.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Fela4ese: 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
Orji one of the most respected journalist I doff my hat for

2 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by pocohantas(f): 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nice read.
I was in Primary school when my mum rushed back home with the news of his death. Everyone was so excited, I was wondering why death will sweet them like that.

Then my mum capped the celebration by buying us Goldspot.

It took me few years to understand all the happiness grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Ormbachohon(m): 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
Boring! I was expecting something we didn't know, he didn't just write anything new.

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
I was excited because everyone was celebrating, a few months later I was really sad an life took a drastic turn for my family. I was in Primary 4
pocohantas:
Nice read.
I was in Primary school when my mum rushed back home with the news of his death. Everyone was so excited, I was wondering why death will sweet them like that.

Then my mum capped the celebration by buying us Goldspot.

It took me few years to understand all the happiness grin
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by taxiappguy: 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
Hello everyone

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by obyback: 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
Thanks to the mods for pushing this to the front page. Interesting read
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by longerthroat(m): 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
that's one of the best books I've ever read. still fascinating after over 10 years.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by seunlayi(m): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
BiafranDel:
space bookers on page 3 of a thread? You need a deliverance
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Joshuamilarge(m): 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
all these epistles for that idiot?
who's going to read them.
the dude is dead and he's a bad history.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Classicalman(m): 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
GenBuhari:
Thank you Toth,
I have been amassing evidence which shows Abacha never looted the money that Obj claimed was returned to Nigeria as "Abacha loot" has never been trace. The Swiss authourities conspired with Obasanjo to claim that Abacha looted. but all other facts showed he never looted.
Money supposedly in those accounts probably belonged Obasanjo or Babangida or one of their cronies.

It just vindicates those that say Abacha never looted.
So it is ghosts that looted all those millions of dollars stashed in foreign bank accounts abi?

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by RexTramadol1: 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
Abacha is one of the few guys that followed 48 Laws of power

Sad he died so easily,especially the fact that he was killed by people he trusted the most

And now they are claiming patriots

No one can be perfect, his wrong were enormous

But it would be wrong to just overrule his good parts

I do not pity him on normal ground, whether he stole or not...... I'm not enjoying that loot directly, some people are re-stealing it and they are hailed today

At least he didn't get to spend dis loots

And it's easy to blame the dead.

But be fair to him, he was a great leader and deserved a national award that he got by GEJ.

I just hate betrayals by people that one trusted

That's obviously what killed him.

5 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
THIS SUPER STORY IS TOO MUCH ABEG WHO CAN SUMMARIZE IT FOR ME?
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by magzey: 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2018
May Allah reward General ABACHA with Jannatul Firdaus Ameen

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Navalsadiq(m): 9:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
Free housing for all. Abacha had good plans for the average Nigerian
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by amali52(m): 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
my reflections were on life,death ,power,wealth and the vanity of human desires. life is vanity upon vanity,uprightness brings good dividends to man a even after death. Abacha's death brought happiness to the nation then due to his cruelty way of leading Nigeria
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by madridguy(m): 9:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
Trying hard to hold back my tears now.

Mr Orji Ogbonnaya Orji, your writing skill is superb, used to think Reuban Abati is the magic hand but you are bomb. From your writing, I feel as if I was there live.

May Allah SWT forgive General Sanni Abacha of his sin.

" For Mustapha, the situation was a bleak one. The fear was a possible fall from grace to grass for a man who was dreaded and respected by both the lowly and the mighty. But that morning, he conjured such a pitiable image as he presided over the wreckage of a collapsed regime. " Means, nothing last forever. If you have any power today, use it well.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by maxtamazin: 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
ypzilanti:
For a journalist, the author is a really boring writer. Check out the articles in the Economist and forbes...even the back page of Thisday newspaper. Commercial writing is a craft and a talent. Journalists need to be paid more in Nigeria to attract the best hands.

When they say make una go school una no go hear....it's not an article. ....it's a book.

6 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
shuu I can't be reading this epistle na.. I have exams bikonu
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by skales67(m): 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
GenBuhari:
I have a very strong suspicion that Al Mustapha had a hand in Abacha's killing. It seems he betrayed Abacha and handed power to IBB. The man deserves to be in prison for being such a fool and allowing himself to be double-crossed.

What is your opinion?

Which IBB? Are you on drugs or weed?
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by skales67(m): 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
Abacha had dictatorial tendencies...yes but he was one of the best leaders Nigeria ever had

2 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by AreaFada2: 9:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
hmmm
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Rapsino(m): 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
This should be turned into a movie. It's interesting
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by bpalace(m): 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
thoth:
Nigeria is really far from any form of liberation. The ignorance of the masses and the extent that such ignorance and arrogance has been glamourized tell a lot that we are playing the loosing hand. Just look at the two posts below.

In the face of such an important information,one which its truth or falsity matters a lot to the future and its composites affecting our future judgements on such matters, all that this poster sees is the writing style of the author and that he chooses to criticize and from that he makes his validation against the information the writer is trying to convey. I have only witnesed such stupidity and arrogance in the dumbest of americans.

One of the most horrifying display of Nigerianess, they can't read anything more than a page and with all the one liner pills they always swallow from foreign media would insist on arguing with you on matters which due to there profound laziness and arrogance they have not done any enquiries on. Is it not suprising that with that single "too long" he has dismissed the whole article as not worth looking at , and more suprising is the phenomena that lacking the time(or intelligence) to read the post he surely does have the time to tell us that the post is "TOO LONG"
These two posters one who believes the intent of this thread is a criticism on writing styles and the other who chooses to gives us an important information on a post that he has not read constitutes a large number of Nigerians.
Oga even ur rebuttal is too long

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by elopee3000(m): 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
GenBuhari:
[size=18pt]"The Abacha family house on Gidado street, GRA, Kano is a modest twin duplex located in a rather small compound. "[/size]

We can see if his main family house was modest, Obasanjo and the his cronies were deceiving us about Abacha looting.

I maintain he never looted, Buhari also said the same.
and na your family money Switz and America dey return to us
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by Ade3000yrs(m): 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
hmmm, for me, Abacha was no worse than most of us alive are. I can categorically, append 10.good things Abacha commissioned and pioneered that most of us are enjoying today without recourse to questioning their source. Looting and corruption has been on in the Civilian and Military era long before the days of the premier leaders and Yakubu Gowon.

If Abacha truly looted, believe me, those acclaimed recovered loots would never have seen the light of day to recovery. let me state it clear enough to sink into the ignorant masses head, "Abacha never looted Nigerian treasury but only starched d money away in safe hands from unsuspecting old and new thieves. I implore you tired egg heads to go and re educate yourself and go and check your dictionary for the true meaning of loots.

Apart from the lynching of Abacha nobility, how much have been recovered from all the corrupt old and new politicians in the history of Nigerians so far despite all the chorus and noise of everybody fighting corruption by day and feasting and taking selfie with corruption by night? where is the justice?

That Abacha truly looted Nigeria, I oladipupo Kelvin chose to disagree with a controversial remark and I seize to think like the rest of the millions zombie Nigerians. No break No jar, No sense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by TrillionBrains(m): 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lalasticlacla. Abacus that year. T'was life though.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Abacha Died - By Orji Ogbonnaya Orji by gulfer: 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
At about 9.48 p.m. when Abacha's grave was being covered with sand, a powerful businessman from one of the South Eastern States who was very prominent in Abacha's campaign for self succession arrived and broke down weeping and wailing openly. Some faithful Muslims who dominated the burial reacted negatively to such an un-lslamic approach to the dead. They threatened to whisk the man out of the premises if he failed to comport himself. The businessman was among those who threatened to proceed on exile or commit suicide if General Abacha failed to become President.
^^^^ Picked this up, who was that man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: Ignore Results On Social Media - INEC. / Lord Lugard Footbridge Kaduna: 116 Years After (Photos, Video) / Ekiti Youths Hail Tinubu As He Arrives APC Campaign Grounds (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.