Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (42988 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by EfemenaXY: 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2012
breezy047:

Snip...

Snip...

Efemena_xy has clearly been a PEST here. . .

Snip...

What's with the name calling hard tough guy?

breezy047:

Bruva
Efemena does not come across as a constructive critic. She featured as a destructive and devastative critic grin

Clearly she had a mission up her broad sleeves and she knew exactly what she was doing.

Snip...

When you go around like EFE did to STRESS and DISTURB issues that are already solved, gone and forgotten and you still engage them over again all in the name of criticism. . .That is when you clearly become a PEST.

Snip...

MAC I agree its very possible there was something else behind EFE's persistent ATTACK that WE may not know about.

Snip

Having delved through your devastative blah...blah...blah, I'm hard pressed to find any logic in the drivel you've spewed out.

I make complaints and suggest solutions the way I see fit, to the relevant people - with the hope of improving this section. So what's your problem?

Okay, you don't like the way I put my message across, so what are you going to do about it, strong man? Beat me up the same way you beat the living daylights out of your girlfriend 'cos of a BB phone?

If you have a bone to pick with me, then by all means feel free to do so the right way, using the chat thread. Meet me there i.e, if you're man enough to take me on!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by maclatunji: 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
People, can we just stop this bickering. Please.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by EfemenaXY: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
^^ You expect me to ignore his jibes? I didn't see you calling for a stop to it, when he launched his attacks.

Come to think of it, your replies kind of egged him on. So why the change of stance now? angry
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by maclatunji: 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ You expect me to ignore his jibes? I didn't see you calling for a stop to it, when he launched his attacks.

Come to think of it, your replies kind of egged him on. So why the change of stance now? angry

Seriously? I didn't egg him on. I only tried to reduce the tension. I really think you should take things easy. I cannot believe or really understand what people are bickering about here.

Just let some things go.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
Its ok guys, let's not derail the thread further.

We should all be having a good laugh of all these at the chat room grin

Who is up for a good chat? meet me at the chat central cool
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
Efemena_xy:

What's with the name calling hard tough guy?

Having delved through your devastative blah...blah...blah, I'm hard pressed to find any logic in the drivel you've spewed out.

I make complaints and suggest solutions the way I see fit, to the relevant people - with the hope of improving this section. So what's your problem?

Okay, you don't like the way I put my message across, so what are you going to do about it, strong man? Beat me up the same way you beat the living daylights out of your girlfriend 'cos of a BB phone?

If you have a bone to pick with me, then by all means feel free to do so the right way, using the chat thread. Meet me there i.e, if you're man enough to take me on!

You crack me up like biscuits and ice
So after days EFE has finally come back with some energy grin

I have only smoothly DEFINED your actions on this thread, the CONSEQUENCES, and shown you where you may have explicitly put the right foot in the left slippers. . .
I have unapologetically UNDRESSESED your manner of approach and plainly flowed directly into you with a constructive criticism that's not hard to acknowledge. . .
Whether on or outside nairaland if your intentions are truly clear with no ulterior motives then there is always a proper way to make your complaints, criticism and get the best out of the situation. . .as long as that's what matters to you.

Anywayz it really isn't a big deal anymore becuz I believe everyone has already learnt from this INCLUDING YOU. . .
So you berra come over here and have some chilled COCACOLA gringrin

By the way what's with this past issues you dig up and intentionally MISQUOTE?
undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by EfemenaXY: 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
breezy047:

You crack me up like biscuits and ice
So after days EFE has finally come back with some energy grin

I never back down and just because I didn't respond right away didn't mean I wasn't going to. Some of us do have a life outside of nairaland you know.

breezy047: I have only smoothly DEFINED your actions on this thread, the CONSEQUENCES, and shown you where you may have explicitly put the right foot in the left slippers. . .
I have unapologetically UNDRESSESED your manner of approach and plainly flowed directly into you with a constructive criticism that's not hard to acknowledge. . .
Whether on or outside nairaland if your intentions are truly clear with no ulterior motives then there is always a proper way to make your complaints, criticism and get the best out of the situation. . .as long as that's what matters to you.

I see it's taken you the best part of the day to compile that thing. Next time spare the cash on a good editor to proof-read your stuff before posting. Maybe then, you just might impress me.

breezy047: Anywayz it really isn't a big deal anymore becuz I believe everyone has already learnt from this INCLUDING YOU. . .
So you berra come over here and have some chilled COCACOLA gringrin

And what exactly is it, that I'm supposed to have learned? From whom anyway? You??

breezy047: By the way what's with this past issues you dig up and intentionally MISQUOTE?
undecided

What? Oh, you mean the bit about you beating your girlfriend to a pulp? Yes, t'is part of getting to know the sort of person you really are, i.e behind all the fake airs you put up.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by maclatunji: 11:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
You guys should let us know when you're done.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by EfemenaXY: 11:45pm On Aug 26, 2012
^^ Abeg go sleep. You're derailing this thread. tongue
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by maclatunji: 11:49pm On Aug 26, 2012
You're so right about sleeping, good night.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by EfemenaXY: 11:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
^^ Good boi.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
angryDear moderator,I hv just seen a new post on a south african police and miners shootout.m from da southern africa and someone shot there was a friend of my uncle,it really haunts me,can da post be hiiden?m on my knees now,if u don't moderate tht section pls talk on my behalf?I hv suffered a lot bwt death lately I just can't stand it like its starring right @ my face
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 3:56am On Sep 01, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: angryDear moderator,I hv just seen a new post on a south african police and miners shootout.m from da southern africa and someone shot there was a friend of my uncle,it really haunts me,can da post be hiiden?m on my knees now,if u don't moderate tht section pls talk on my behalf?I hv suffered a lot bwt death lately I just can't stand it like its starring right @ my face

I don't really understand you fully but I have released your posts on this section.

It was hidden by spambot, sorry about that. Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2012
I think Iam @ da wrong place @ da wrong time.I hv read a lot of stories,poems etc and ppl comment to criticise or applaud because they r written by Nigerians.was this Blog created only for people in Nigeria?because my posts got no comments,Nothing @ all.

Can sumeone answer me pls.I hate being an intruder
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by maclatunji: 6:30am On Sep 02, 2012
You're South African? That's not why your posts don't get many comments. It takes some time to get people to start commenting on your posts much like it takes the new kid at school some time to find their way around and make new friends.

As long as your threads are interesting, you will have feedback soon enough.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 6:48am On Sep 02, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: I think Iam @ da wrong place @ da wrong time.I hv read a lot of stories,poems etc and ppl comment to criticise or applaud because they r written by Nigerians.was this Blog created only for people in Nigeria?because my posts got no comments,Nothing @ all.

Can sumeone answer me pls.I hate being an intruder

Maclatunji has said it all!

Give it sometime, you will be fine.

Feel free to comment on other threads and visit the chat room to meet new people smiley.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Emyo(m): 6:19am On Sep 03, 2012
Cuddlemi. Please 4 d last time. Move this thread to the front page please. Its urgent and important, so it aims will be achieved. https://www.nairaland.com/920401/naija-young-writers-club-join
Tanks for ur usual and steady cooperation. Stay blessed as u do this for us.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2012
Emyo: Cuddlemi. Please 4 d last time. Move this thread to the front page please. Its urgent and important, so it aims will be achieved. https://www.nairaland.com/920401/naija-young-writers-club-join
Tanks for ur usual and steady cooperation. Stay blessed as u do this for us.

I have escalated to the person in charge. Keep your fingers crossed!

Why do you need it on front page anyways?

The thread is doing fine as it is, there is a lot or participation & activities on the thread
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by maclatunji: 11:34am On Sep 03, 2012
Cuddlemii:

The thread is doing fine as it is, there is a lot or participation & activities on the thread

They probably want trolls to scatter their club for them. undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Emyo(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Yep boss! I tink we've got the good approach 4 trolls...lol.
thanks all the same. Am gratefull.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ah abeg, that "poems for review" section no de work o. There's hardly any reviewing happening there. I actually wonder if the section doesn't exist to hide poems o. Seriously sha, I don't think it does writers in that section to have their work buried there sad
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 6:46pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ihedinobi: Ah abeg, that "poems for review" section no de work o. There's hardly any reviewing happening there. I actually wonder if the section doesn't exist to hide poems o. Seriously sha, I don't think it does writers in that section to have their work buried there sad

Noted! The reason why threads are put in the right section is for structure & coordination.

Presently, there is no much difference between the amount of members viewing the poems and literature/writing section. There is no much reviewing happening here either, we have to find a way to get more reviews. Meet me @ the chat room to discuss on how to improve the poetry threads.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Noted! The reason why threads are put in the right section is for structure & coordination.

Presently, there is no much difference between the amount of members viewing the poems and literature/writing section. There is no much reviewing happening here either, we have to find a way to get more reviews. Meet me @ the chat room to discuss on how to improve the poetry threads.

Ok
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Krysstie: 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
@cuddlemi, my thread was closd....could u plz open it anyhw u cn...so i cn copy and paste it...i got d@ 4rm my head n itz nt anywhr...cnt start afresh again...
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2012
Krysstie: @cuddlemi, my thread was closd....could u plz open it anyhw u cn...so i cn copy and paste it...i got d@ 4rm my head n itz nt anywhr...cnt start afresh again...

It was locked because its a continuation of your previous work. You can't open threads for every single post of a story.

You can copy the post you just created to update the existing one. A topic doesn't need to be unlocked to copy what you posted.

I suggest you read https://www.nairaland.com/1029013/literature-writing-guidelines-rules-regulations#11940467 to get accustomed with the features of nl and how to make use of them.

I will unlock it for a bit, copy your post and I will lock it back
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Krysstie: 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
Cuddlemii:

It was locked because its a continuation of your previous work. You can't open threads for every single post of a story.

You can copy the post you just created to update the existing one. A topic doesn't need to be unlocked to copy what you posted.

I suggest you read https://www.nairaland.com/1029013/literature-writing-guidelines-rules-regulations#11940467 to get accustomed with the features of nl and how to make use of them.

I will unlock it for a bit, copy your post and I will lock it back

sad.....wasnt able to do anyfyn b4 u closd it aqain....my mb finishd, had 2 reload..
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
Krysstie:

sad.....wasnt able to do anyfyn b4 u closd it aqain....my mb finishd, had 2 reload..

Ok, now we are communicating.

Please, always be as clear as possible so I can know how to help you. I unlocked it for a while now and didn't get any update.

I will unlock it again, ok?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Krysstie: 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Ok, now we are communicating.

Please, always be as clear as possible so I can know how to help you. I unlocked it for a while now and didn't get any update.

I will unlock it again, ok?

sadAm done. Makin use of my fone n I couldn't copy it 'cos itz lenghty....would do it later on wen i get 2 use a laptop...tnx
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2012
Krysstie:

sadAm done. Makin use of my fone n I couldn't copy it 'cos itz lenghty....would do it later on wen i get 2 use a laptop...tnx

Ok! Uw
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Emyo(m): 3:32am On Sep 17, 2012
Cuddle.
I saw ur email. Am happy you did, i learnt some rules. But i had wanted one to be about Romance while d other for anothe genre
Al the same, am sorry, now c diz thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1049152/adventure-team-join-now-writers
I want you to remove it from literature and writing section's frontpage...i tink u did a mistake, take d one you closed to the last page. And leave the unlocked thread in a strategic position. Am on exams that why ve not updated it wit stories. U wil hear 4rm me soon. Story story. Pls do change the positions pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41)

'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / Fierce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.