Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? (2031 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
I am truly amazed at the anger of atheists at God, their finger pointing and nose thumping.

Surely if God did not exist , they will blame something or someone else for all the daily mishaps and evils of this world, instead they blame God. But God does not exist, right grin

This is truly getting confusing, they call God a sadist, gay hater, fun preventer, evil causer, and at the same time do not believe in him.

Appears that Hypocrisy knows no shame nowadays.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by tobechi20(m): 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
In their heart God exist

they are angry because God seems silent on the suffering of the world.

They think their anger and pretence in proclaiming God non existence wil force God to react.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by buzugee(m): 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
frosbel: I am truly amazed at the anger of atheists at God, their finger pointing and nose thumping.

Surely if God did not exist , they will blame something or someone else for all the daily mishaps and evils of this world, instead they blame God. But God does not exist, right grin

This is truly getting confusing, they call God a sadist, gay hater, fun preventer, evil causer, and at the same time do not believe in him.

GREAT POINT LOL
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
They are angry that he doesn't exist sad sad sad angry angry angry angry angry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by tiarabubu: 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
frosbel: I am truly amazed at the anger of atheists at God, their finger pointing and nose thumping.

Hi brother frosbel!

You don hit d nail on the head gbua!!
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by cyrexx: 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
for the one millionth time let me repeat this:

ATHEISTS ARE NOT ANGRY WITH GOD BUT WITH RELIGIOUS PEOPLE'S CONTRADICTORY CONCEPTUALIZATION AND PRESENTATION OF GOD.

if God were to demonstrate his own existence, i assure you that all atheists will quickly switch camps to your side faster than you wish. This should be easy for an All-powerful God, if there is anything like that

the reason he has not and cannot is because he is an imaginary conceptualisation of religions.
nothing more, nothing less.

dont forget that it is you people that call atheists fool for not believing your superstitions...

Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by logicboy01: 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2012
Atheists are not angry with god, they are not happy with the people who lie, kill, murder, rape, molest and beat innocent people in the name of the non-existent God.
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by dekung(m): 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
Like cyrexx said, athiests are not angry with God, they are only angry with people who claim he exists. If someone told you there is a lion in one of the rooms in your house or in a particular spot that you are very familiar with, would you be angry with the lion, (especially if you know its not there cos there are no verifiable proof of it being there), or with the person who claims and even acts as if the lion is there and watching? If my son runs out of his room and says Ojuju is in the room and I go there but find no ojuju (obviously) will I be angry with Ojuju or my son, especialy if he starts fretting and starts to beg ojuju not to beat him. That is the atheist's position. They are not angry with God but with God believers and moreso those perpetrating genocides in the name of God as well those fleecing the populace in its name.
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2012
tiarabubu:

Hi brother frosbel!

You don hit d nail on the head gbua!!
FYI, brother frosbel is a lady/woman
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by logicboy01: 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
toba: FYI, brother frosbel is a lady/woman

Frosbel is a woman?

[img]http://newnation.sg/wp-content/uploads/mother-of-god.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
logicboy01:

Frosbel is a woman?

[img]http://newnation.sg/wp-content/uploads/mother-of-god.jpg[/img]
smh. what has that image got to do with u? are u amazed?
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by logicboy01: 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
toba: smh. what has that image got to do with u? are u amazed?

I'm shocked
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2012

Haba baba frosbel angry, this is one of the major reasons I go to Church (Religiously) grin grin grin - on the surface it looks and reads like a honest question, but it is cleverly (if i might add) positioned to elicit a straw-man argument from half-baked atheists (yes we have them as well)

Atheists are not angry at God (it is just for crude sarcasm that they abuse and insult God) Atheists are angry at what belief in God and Religion has caused over the centuries and why it still continues to demand Respect and Authority in modern-day Society in spite of all the overwhelmingly negative results it has produced in such a short period (biblical period i.e)
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Master6(m): 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
^^^ u hit d nail on d head..

I say god is a mamma's boy doesn't mean I believe in him\her\it.
It means I am jst making fun of ur imaginary believes.
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
toba: FYI, brother frosbel is a lady/woman

Frosbel is a woman , is this some sort of veiled insult grin
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by logicboy01: 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
frosbel:

Frosbel is a woman , is this some sort of veiled insult grin

Are you a woman?
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 07, 2012
When the atheist, Richard Dawkins was asked what he thought about God, he said, "What do I think about God?, The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction; jealous and proud of it. A petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak. A vindictive blood-thirsty, ethnic cleanser. A misogynistic, homophobic racist. Infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

If God does not exist and all these descriptions apply, then who did these things? He just said it's a fictional character. What's the sense in getting annoyed with a fictional character? Atheists are deluded.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 07, 2012
cyrexx: for the one millionth time let me repeat this:

ATHEISTS ARE NOT ANGRY WITH GOD BUT WITH RELIGIOUS PEOPLE'S CONTRADICTORY CONCEPTUALIZATION AND PRESENTATION OF GOD.

But this is equally as senseless. Why are atheists angry at religious conceptualization of a person that is allegedly a figment of the imagination? Are you also angry with me for how i conceptualize the sky pixie?

cyrexx:
if God were to demonstrate his own existence, i assure you that all atheists will quickly switch camps to your side faster than you wish. This should be easy for an All-powerful God, if there is anything like that

the reason he has not and cannot is because he is an imaginary conceptualisation of religions.

Ok so why waste your time with how christians conceptualize an imaginary being?
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 07, 2012
logicboy01: Atheists are not angry with god, they are not happy with the people who lie, kill, murder, rape, molest and beat innocent people in the name of the non-existent God.

and somehow atheists just happen to be angrier at the christian God rather than the muslim god? strange indeed.
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by logicboy01: 4:28am On Jul 07, 2012
davidylan:

But this is equally as senseless. Why are atheists angry at religious conceptualization of a person that is allegedly a figment of the imagination? Are you also angry with me for how i conceptualize the sky pixie?

Ok so why waste your time with how christians conceptualize an imaginary being?

Ah, Davidylan, I missed you!

Allow me to say that I as an atheist, Iam not angry with God as there is no evidence to suggests that he exists. However, I a not happy with people who kill, oppress and molest in the name of their imaginary god.
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by logicboy01: 4:29am On Jul 07, 2012
davidylan:

and somehow atheists just happen to be angrier at the christian God rather than the muslim god? strange indeed.

Where did you get that from my comment? You on drugs or something? To an atheist, all your gods are the same. Imaginary
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 07, 2012
logicboy01:

Where did you get that from my comment? You on drugs or something? To an atheist, all your gods are the same. Imaginary

lets be honest here. 98% of the atheist anger even here is directed SOLELY at the christian God. If indeed atheists claim that they are angry at "all gods" equally then where are the atheists threads on the muslim section? where are the atheist cartoonists making a mockery of mohammad the same way they mock Christ ceaselessly? Afterall muslims are the ones who mostly kill you in the name of god
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 07, 2012
Atheists are not angry at God. To say that the God of the old testament is evil is not tantamount to hating him. It is just a statement of fact. What else can we call someone who committed genocide?
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 5:04am On Jul 07, 2012
omo_to_dun: Atheists are not angry at God. To say that the God of the old testament is evil is not tantamount to hating him. It is just a statement of fact. What else can we call someone who committed genocide?
Oga mi, long time o... hw lyf? Been a while..

@Frosbel: Do you love or hate Satan?
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by okeyxyz(m): 5:10am On Jul 07, 2012
I wouldn't really say angry, they can argue & give you "convincing" reasons they are not angry at any god, but they do tend to be intolerant of christians(or god believers), If they could, they'd like to ban & criminalize religion. They'd like to argue that christians, moslem are the intolerant ones and cite evidences in history why reigion had been the reason for wars & genocides, therefore they use these as justification for hating religion. They somehow see mal-practice of religion as justification for dismantling religion. they conveniently "forget" any good that religious people do.

So, yes, intolerance is the word.
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 07, 2012
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by mrjimmy(m): 7:57am On Jul 07, 2012
1supremo: When the atheist, Richard Dawkins was asked what he thought about God, he said, "What do I think about God?, The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction; jealous and proud of it. A petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak. A vindictive blood-thirsty, ethnic cleanser. A misogynistic, homophobic racist. Infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

If God does not exist and all these descriptions apply, then who did these things? He just said it's a fictional character. What's the sense in getting annoyed with a fictional character? Atheists are deluded.

obviously, you've never called Rambo a bad guy or talked about superman, eh? fiction can be described. doesn't mean you think its real.
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by mrjimmy(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2012
davidylan:

lets be honest here. 98% of the atheist anger even here is directed SOLELY at the christian God. If indeed atheists claim that they are angry at "all gods" equally then where are the atheists threads on the muslim section? where are the atheist cartoonists making a mockery of mohammad the same way they mock Christ ceaselessly? Afterall muslims are the ones who mostly kill you in the name of god

those are the so-called half baked atheists. most nigerian atheists are based in the south and lash out at christianity because it's the main religion there.
of course, quite a lot of them just join the band wagon because 'different' seems to be cool nowadays. meh!
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by 2good(m): 8:53am On Jul 07, 2012
1supremo: When the atheist, Richard Dawkins was asked what he thought about God, he said, "What do I think about God?, The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction; jealous and proud of it. A petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak. A vindictive blood-thirsty, ethnic cleanser. A misogynistic, homophobic racist. Infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

You are the deluded one because if the theist don't force the teachings related to a fictional character on people, do you think the Atheist will be bothered? In Nigeria you must believe something to be first recognise as sane. Then among the believers, you must have the right believe to be recognised as a responsible human being. Boko Haram is trying to force Islam on the whole country, pentecostal Christians don't believe that Catholics worship the right god, neither do they believe that Jehovah's witness, Mormon etc worship thesame God even though they are all Christian. All these conflicting teachings and standard is imposed on people by the different religious groups and in the process creating division and hatred among people yet you call Atheist deluded. You are the one deluded in your own small circle of brainwashing and ignorance. I bet you were born into a family that practice the religion you so hold sacred today because they installed that religion in your brain as a child. Now that you are an adult, start asking logical questions and query things around you because your brain have got a purpose, so use it properly.
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by buzugee(m): 9:01am On Jul 07, 2012
toba: They are angry that he doesn't exist sad sad sad angry angry angry angry angry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
grin grin
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by buzugee(m): 9:03am On Jul 07, 2012
Frosbel is a hermaphrodite
Re: Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? by 2good(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2012
buzugee: grin grin

Buzugee, the Christians on this forum doesn't believe that racist black jew like you worship their god, so stop being happy that you are one of them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) / The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.