Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? (12657 Views)

If You Must Pay Tithe, Do It Right. / My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around / I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
I recently read a testimony from 7 Colombian Youth to whom Jesus gave a divine revelation of Hell. Jesus appeared to them on April 11, 1995 and took them on a tour of hell. While they were there, they saw people who were Christians, but who were damned to Hell for not giving tithes and offerings. Here is an excerpt from the testimony:

"We continued walking, seeing thousands and thousands of people. There were young people, adults and elderly people suffering in torment. We arrived in a place that looked like a big swimming pool of fire, with thousands of men and women inside of it. Each of them had metal plate on their chest that read: "I am here for not giving tithes and offerings" When I read that, I asked the Lord, "Lord, how can this be possible, that people are here for this reason??" The Lord responded, "Yes, because these people thought that tithes and offerings were not important, when my Word shows it as a command." In Malachi 3:8-9 it says "Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me. But you say, 'How have we robbed Thee?' In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you."

The Lord told me that when His people withhold their tithes, it hinders the work of the Lord, and then the Gospel is not preached. People in this place suffered a thousand times worse than others, because they knew the Word of the Lord and disobeyed."

What do you think? Could this testimony actually be true, or do you think it's made up? Do you think people who are Christians, but don't tithe will go to Hell when they die?
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by logo77: 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
I feel paying your tithe as a christian is important in order to be a partaker of the blessings attached, but I strongly do not feel it's a basis for a place in heaven or hell.
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by Delafruita(m): 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
these sttories of peeps visiting heaven/hell are most of the time just figment of their imagination.i just wonder why the different versions never coalesce.they're always in parallel.besides has it become like an escursion?these guys go,come back them write bestselling books and make audio and video CDs.besides i thought Jesus was back at the right hand of God,at least Stephen confirmed that and so did John.how come he is still the guide on this escursions?i also thought judgement was yet to begin.at least i havent heard the trumphet which would signal the raising of the dead for judgement.do these guys intend to tell us that people are judged immediately they die?
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
Delafruita: these sttories of peeps visiting heaven/hell are most of the time just figment of their imagination.i just wonder why the different versions never coalesce.they're always in parallel.besides has it become like an escursion?these guys go,come back them write bestselling books and make audio and video CDs.besides i thought Jesus was back at the right hand of God,at least Stephen confirmed that and so did John.how come he is still the guide on this escursions?i also thought judgement was yet to begin.at least i havent heard the trumphet which would signal the raising of the dead for judgement.do these guys intend to tell us that people are judged immediately they die?

Absolutely , that some people will believe this nonsense is beyond me.

My rule of the thumb as a Christian is , anything which is compulsory is not of GOD.

Many churches today , just like the catholic church in the middle ages , use the fear of eternal torment and the curse of not tithing to hold their members in bondage.

The bible does tell us that "where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." -2 Corinthians 3:17

1 Like

Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2012
Where are the tithers in the house.

Do you believe that failing to pay tithe means hell fire ?
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2012
logo77: I feel paying your tithe as a christian is important in order to be a partaker of the blessings attached, but I strongly do not feel it's a basis for a place in heaven or hell.
isnt disobedience supposed to get u punished?
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by Femmymata2(m): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2012
Aside's heavenly blessings i think its more of a responsibility to give be it tithe or offerings as long as you attend that church. But i feel coerciön,threat of alienation and creating fear strategy adopted is wrong cause it should be voluntary. I don't pay tithes but give offerings because i feel the church can't function without money. But if God includes my nön paying of tithes has part of the reasons he throws me in hell for eternity, no qualms
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
tithing is a fraud in totality, its just a means where by pastors (fraudsters) work on the emotions of people to defraud them of their hard earned money. throughout the life of Jesus, Jesus never preached tithe, Jesus preached, help the poor, feed the hungry. give water to the thirsty, home the homeless, clothe the naked. Jesus never said give money to the pastors. in the bible there was no where Jesus after preaching asked for offerings and collection, instead he feed the people with the small he had. Jesus wasn't rich, neither his disciples, also, the apostles preached communal living and sharing things in common, they didn't collect tithe. FOR YOUR OWN GOOD PRACTICE WHAT JESUS PREACHED WHICH IS TO HELP THE HELPLESS AND STOP MAKING SOMEONES ELSE RICH
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
crusifis: tithing is a fraud in totality, its just a means where by pastors (fraudsters) work on the emotions of people to defraud them of their hard earned money. throughout the life of Jesus, Jesus never preached tithe, Jesus preached, help the poor, feed the hungry. give water to the thirsty, home the homeless, clothe the naked. Jesus never said give money to the pastors. in the bible there was no where Jesus after preaching asked for offerings and collection, instead he feed the people with the small he had. Jesus wasn't rich, neither his disciples, also, the apostles preached communal living and sharing things in common, they didn't collect tithe. FOR YOUR OWN GOOD PRACTICE WHAT JESUS PREACHED WHICH IS TO HELP THE HELPLESS AND STOP MAKING SOMEONES ELSE RICH

spot on !!
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by 5solas(m): 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2012
frosbel: I recently read a testimony from 7 Colombian Youth to whom Jesus gave a divine revelation of Hell. Jesus appeared to them on April 11, 1995 and took them on a tour of hell. While they were there, they saw people who were Christians, but who were damned to Hell for not giving tithes and offerings. Here is an excerpt from the testimony:

"We continued walking, seeing thousands and thousands of people. There were young people, adults and elderly people suffering in torment. We arrived in a place that looked like a big swimming pool of fire, with thousands of men and women inside of it. Each of them had metal plate on their chest that read: "I am here for not giving tithes and offerings" When I read that, I asked the Lord, "Lord, how can this be possible, that people are here for this reason??" The Lord responded, "Yes, because these people thought that tithes and offerings were not important, when my Word shows it as a command." In Malachi 3:8-9 it says "Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me. But you say, 'How have we robbed Thee?' In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you."

The Lord told me that when His people withhold their tithes, it hinders the work of the Lord, and then the Gospel is not preached. People in this place suffered a thousand times worse than others, because they knew the Word of the Lord and disobeyed."

What do you think? Could this testimony actually be true, or do you think it's made up? Do you think people who are Christians, but don't tithe will go to Hell when they die?

Well, keep searching,Frosbel. How much easier would it have been if you believe the words," Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" !!! grin grin grin
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by flourishG(m): 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
This is falsehood. I used to believe in the traditions of men and even teach my church members the same. I realized I had lived my whole Christian life in falsehood. I just realized tithe is not a new testament command, giving is. I have been following traditions of men in the church my whole life. Thanks to people like brother frosbel, pastor kun and many other bible teachers on this board. God bless you for opening the eyes of Christians. I urge all Christians to open their bible by themselves, slowly and gradually you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
Who undoubtedly will go to hell, is the spastor who collects tithes.
The Bible clearly says. Should not be charged (and therefore not pay) tithe.
Read Malachi 3 onwards.
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
a reminder.
Re: If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? by brocab: 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2016
We have heard about these testimonies before, people are not with the program, many believe using testimonies such as this, will have a strong hold, over God's people, using fear as a tool too frighten people to pay that extra amount into the Churches funds.

I find these testimonies only frighten those who haven't received any revelation from the lord, I find people who believe in tithes, are people who spend little time into the word of God.
Churches stick with their own formats, same old routine, same old faces, preaching the lie, rather then preach the truth about Christ.
2 Thessalonians 2:11 "For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion, so that they will believe the lie.

I find after the sermon people can't seem to reveal the truth about Christ, many find it's too complicated, but God didn't write the bible to be complicated, He wrote it to be simple, we don't need rocket science to read between the lines.
We need the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air, they neither sow nor do they reap, nor put into barns, and yet the heavenly Father feeds them. How much more are you
1 Timothy 6:5 "Men of corrupted minds destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness as a means of financial gain.
From such withdraw yourselves.
So with the many scriptures the lord had revealed to us, shows us this testimony is a lie from the beginning.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? / Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.