Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? (7183 Views)

Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 / The Best Way To Send Money From Nigeria To The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by cibilola(f): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. My uncle wants to send some money from UK to a Naija bank account (UBA, I was told). Please do you know the best way to get this done because the amount he wants to send is a bit much. your advice will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by legalwealth(m): 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
cibilola: Hi guys,

Just a quick question. My uncle wants to send some money from UK to a Naija bank account (UBA, I was told). Please do you know the best way to get this done because the amount he wants to send is a bit much. your advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Do you have a domiciliary account? As I see that as the most secure and if not,let him send it via Western Union or Moneygram but you need ID card to be able to cash it..

Have more question,post it below and I will try to help you the more.
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by cibilola(f): 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2012
@legalwealth, thanks for your reply. We thought about western union, RIA etc but that means the person collecting will have to handle a lot of cash (a few millions??) before transferring into their account (I hope I'm making sense). Don't think its particularly safe. He doesn't have a domiciliary account either.
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
The best, most secured and cheapest means considering the amount "a bit much" is via wire transfer to domiciliary account. If you use GTB, you can even convert the hard currency to Naira without visiting the bank.

Moneygram is another good means but way expensive if big money is involved. Besides, there is a measured risk since you have to cash the money in person.
Don't even bother to use Western Union, it's useless.
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by legalwealth(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
bayooooooo: The best, most secured and cheapest means considering the amount "a bit much" is via wire transfer to domiciliary account. If you use GTB, you can even convert the hard currency to Naira without visiting the bank.

Moneygram is another good means but way expensive if big money is involved. Besides, there is a measured risk since you have to cash the money in person.
Don't even bother to use Western Union, it's useless.

That is good and I can see from the look of things now is for you that is in Nigeria to open a domiciliary account ASAP as it takes not quite long and he will make the transfere to your account using CITIBANK in UK and GTB domiciliary account will be so easy for this.
Just visit any GTBank for more details.
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by mimima(f): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2012
try all these money transfer agents.they are in uk.eg webfast,country wide,ria,global linketc.they can snd volume(i mean high amount)and there charges are moderate to be compared with western union or money gram or even domicilliary trf.

for more information.........u can call 08183300646
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by SAPNET: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
Your uncle can send money straight to your account in Nigeria by using SAPNET Solutions. If you don't have an account, it could be sent for cash pick up from any of our selected payment banks using an ID.

www.sapnetsolutions.co.uk
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by krsone: 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2012
You can send thru Star Pay, the transfer fee is competitive and the exhange rate resonable. They send the money same date credited to a Nigeria account. Let me konw if you require further information
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by lucynkem: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2012
you can contact me so i will tell you the best way if the amount is high. lucynkem@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by Bamstand(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
I also know of a money transfer organization which can help you send the money into Nigeria they are called Exchange4free Ltd their charges are quite minimal.
All the best
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by ogb5(m): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
Tell your uncle to walk into a bank in the uk and wire the money to your account,
and if you do not yet have an account, then wait, when you grow up and have a bank account you can start receiving millions of Naira from uncles abroad
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by styles2009: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
hello,
Google worldremit and you won't be disappointed, I've used it many times from Italy,also its a UK based company.
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by guttentag(m): 1:10am On Jul 26, 2014
Is it not possible to deposit money from US to Nigeria saving account?
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by arbitrage: 3:04am On Jul 26, 2014
guttentag: Is it not possible to deposit money from US to Nigeria saving account?

Sure you can. Even the poster can receive the UK money directly into his savings account if his uncle wires it. No need to go and open Dom account. I thought CBN has started their policy of remittance of foreign funds into naira account because they claimed we don't spend dollar or pounds in Nigeria. If the guy receive it in pounds anyway, he will still have to change it to naira at bdc or aboki mallam in order to spend. I even expect a UK uncle to know how he has been sending huge amount to Nigeria before instead of the op seeking suggestion here outside the banking hall, except this is one of those strange online uncles terrorizing the financial world. May God help us.
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by Mrjuice: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2021
Justwise, abeg I need your help here...
I have a Pound ₤ domiciliary account with Zenith Bank, my bro from the UK want to send Pound ₤ to my account, but each time he tries either with Azimo or worldremit, the option there is only euro or dollar. Please , do you know any international money transfer app that allows the transfer or pound ₤ into a pounds Dom account?
It's urgent pls
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by justwise(m): 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
Mrjuice:
Justwise, abeg I need your help here...
I have a Pound ₤ domiciliary account with Zenith Bank, my bro from the UK want to send Pound ₤ to my account, but each time he tries either with Azimo or worldremit, the option there is only euro or dollar. Please , do you know any international money transfer app that allows the transfer or pound ₤ into a pounds Dom account?
It's urgent pls

Non. Is either you take euros or dollars,
Re: Best Way To Send Money Home From UK? by Mrjuice: 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
justwise:

Non. Is either you take euros or dollars,
Oh ok, thanks.
But why would zenith Bank operate a pound Dom account when they know there's no support for transfer of GBP to the Dom account

(1) (Reply)

Platinum Ore Available / Unsuccessful Item Delivery Attempt On Nipost Website / How I Make N70,000/month Training Students On Memorizin & Recollecting Textbook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.