Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

I Want To Develop Mobile Applications - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Develop Mobile Applications (8337 Views)

Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin / I Want To Learn Mobile Applications Development / Vb vs Java: Which Is Better For Mobile Applications? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by shorxynla(m): 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
Hello programmer in the house. I want to create a mobile applications for phones. Please what are the tools I need for this project
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by doncigalo: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
uve got phonegap that you can use to build mobile apps for just about any mobile platform with just HTMl and Javascript. If it is web based ur best bet would be JqueryMobile
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by shorxynla(m): 1:06am On Jul 07, 2012
doncigalo: uve got phonegap that you can use to build mobile apps for just about any mobile platform with just HTMl and Javascript. If it is web based ur best bet would be JqueryMobile

Pls can you shed more lights

1 Like

Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by doncigalo: 11:12am On Jul 07, 2012
Ait for native based apps you use PhoneGap, using web based languages such as HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript you can actually build your app with these langauges in conjunction with the PhoneGap api. The PhoneGap api allows you to have access to native mobile functions such as GPS, camera and even call settings. The beauty about PhoneGap is that once you finished building the app , you then compile the code on their cloud platform (its free), when your compiling you can actually choose which platform you want to deploy your app; be it IOS,Android or Blackberry.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by shorxynla(m): 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2012
Thanks bro. I have downloaded the phonegap and I will keep you updated
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by xterra2(m): 10:44am On Jul 08, 2012
i also use phonegap but i found out its limited
i would start using c#,objective c and java hencefort
i know java and c#, i could learn objective c in hours
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by doncigalo: 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
@xterra2 Please expantiate a bit more on how it is limited? I am currently using it and I havent found any limitations so far.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by lordZOUGA(m): 10:51am On Jul 09, 2012
xterra2: i also use phonegap but i found out its limited
i would start using c#,objective c and java hencefort
i know java and c#, i could learn objective c in hours
No you can't
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by xterra2(m): 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2012
doncigalo: @xterra2 Please expantiate a bit more on how it is limited? I am currently using it and I havent found any limitations so far.
To play sounds you use. The phonegap sound API which can play max of 30 seconds
There's a performance hit,its fast not very fast
Can't access the android menu button, which almost every android app has
Can do html only no dynamic stuffs

But its still good, I have an android app done. By it, I have compiled it and tested it though I want it to play sounds and it would be done, so am still doing the sound part
I have an icon,splash screen everything complete remaining to play sounds

What are you working on ? Let me know and state your goals
Maybe we can work together
I can send you the phonegap appp I made if you wanna see

lordZOUGA:
No you can't
Do you know objective C ?
Sure maybe I underestimated it but I would use it for simple apps not complex apps
Nothing tooooooo serious
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2012
to be frank just go with j2me and wap not all users use sophisticated phones unless a client requires it.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by shorxynla(m): 1:14am On Jul 10, 2012
What if I want to develop for Java phones
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by xterra2(m): 8:54am On Jul 10, 2012
java phones ? feauture phones i believe , right ?
if so you'll need java as phonegap wont work for that
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by shorxynla(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
xterra2: java phones ? feauture phones i believe , right ?
if so you'll need java as phonegap wont work for that

Phone gap didn't work for that. Please how do I get a java tool to create java applications
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by xterra2(m): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
Tell me which phone are you targeting specifically
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by etchel(m): 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Nice thread
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by shorxynla(m): 10:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
xterra2: Tell me which phone are you targeting specifically

Actually am targeting Nokia java phones. And phonegap doesn't support that
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
Currently even as we are speaking i work with Nokia SDK Asha Phones, to be frank its a lot better than using PhoneGap, because not all phones have html5, and nothing like cross domain issues in J2ME. just go to developer.nokia.com create a profile there and steps to develop on Nokia would be given, also pls what does "NegativeArraySizeException" mean
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by PrinceNN(m): 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
fink u shud take a look @ Mosync ... once used it to write simple apps for my bb 9800 without hassle
its an OS-independent virtual platform and software development kit (SDK) for mobile applications
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
that Mosync looks good, but mehn writing in C++, my neck is getting stiff a bit. besides Blackberry development is easier,does Mosync have access to Blackberry's API if so not bad.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by WhyAWhy(m): 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2012
take it from me, I know Objective-C, took about 1 month to fully master. I had already know Java and C# before then, Objective-C is not so straight forward not something you can pick in a week comfortably but we all differ sha. I developed an app for my masters project and have since abandoned it cos I don't have any apple hardware(school provided the one for masters). Getting back on the wheel but going more in the direction of Android cos of Java.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
WhyAWhy yeah Android is cool, but J2ME is where the ish is ? let's be frank WhatsApp and 2go are popular because of low end devices even Opera Mini, i don't do Android Development but i bet its far easier to understand,since you have the Android UI Editor.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by PrinceNN(m): 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
pc guru: that Mosync looks good, but mehn writing in C++, my neck is getting stiff a bit. besides Blackberry development is easier,does Mosync have access to Blackberry's API if so not bad.

u cn also write in html5 nd javascript too... d initial plan was for my apps to be also used on my nokia phone too, so mosync lookd promising and d deployment was relatively straight forward

and yea it also has access to dat... supported
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by lordZOUGA(m): 12:02am On Jul 11, 2012
pc guru: WhyAWhy yeah Android is cool, but J2ME is where the ish is ? let's be frank WhatsApp and 2go are popular because of low end devices even Opera Mini, i don't do Android Development but i bet its far easier to understand,since you have the Android UI Editor.
and then you wonder how many pple that use j2me will be inclined to buy ur apps. The higher the OS the higher the customers.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by oshoppy: 12:29am On Jul 11, 2012
I am working on a project that requires me to develop an app....please if we have developers in the house that can do this and get paid...please contact me and we can discuss buiz. nice thread.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Azidogen2: 12:36am On Jul 11, 2012
If i must say this thread really deserves the front page and is very interesting. I would like to know how to develop java apps for a start targeting nokia phones. I want to just use it as a warm up for other platforms.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by tblackE61(m): 1:47am On Jul 11, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:
fink u shud take a look @ Mosync ... once used it to write simple apps for my bb 9800 without hassle
its an OS-independent virtual platform and software development kit (SDK) for mobile applications
@prince send M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ Your pin am also using 9800 A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ am intrested in D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅†̥ app...pls infact add M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ 26D9A8F5
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 11, 2012
It's no doubt everybody are going mobile dis days. Please I really want to invest heavily on mobile applications. Nigerian developers how much do you guys think it will cost me to have an app similar to 2go or whatsapp? Specifically list how much American developers will charge, Indian developers cost, and Nigerian developers cost.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by AlvinOlatunde(m): 2:37am On Jul 11, 2012
I suggest you take a programming course from NIIT or other such institutions.
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by EdDave(m): 5:28am On Jul 11, 2012
Wit these kind of talent available in Nigeria, we should have left this stone age. Kudos. I only encourage you to go higher and take control of the emerging IT markets in Nigeria.

I think NIIT is xpensive. Can u recommend another institution here in Lagos?
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 11, 2012
Alvin Olatunde: I suggest you take a programming course from NIIT or other such institutions.
story grin
Re: I Want To Develop Mobile Applications by spendogram: 7:31am On Jul 11, 2012
Sweet thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asp.net And Php Which Is Better / I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net / Having Consistent Headaches Because Of Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.