Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word (1927 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread / The Meaning Of Love (understanding The Chemistry Of Love) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
"O misery, this world is too wide for thee"
Re: Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
apostrophe

1 Like

Re: Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word by kunyeo(m): 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
dollyangel: "O misery, this world is too wide for thee"

Better put,what is the literary device for the lines above? Yes,rightly an apostrophe! see more on literary terms on http://literaturenigeria..com

2 Likes

Re: Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word by Rocktation(f): 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
I could've sworn that she wants the translation of the apostrophe.
Re: Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word by darrytoz(m): 10:08am On Aug 11, 2012
dollyangel: "O misery, this world is too wide for thee"
befor i touch d term let me say tht when it comes to literature everyone has different expressions.MISERY-dis is wht happen through confusion.misery is an unexpected imagination of wht nt ought to hv happen.and the misery of the world nowadays is beyond wht d world itself can explain.so many that keeps one speechless
Rocktation: I could've sworn that she wants the translation of the apostrophe.
yeah
Re: Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word by darex1: 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2012
personification
Re: Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
O yes, i want the translation and not d figure of speech. Tnkx @darrytoz. Your xplanation counts
Re: Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word by carolgreen702: 1:24am On Aug 23, 2012
good translation
Re: Literature Experts, Tell Me The Meaning Of This Word by darrytoz(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
Thanks dude

(1) (Reply)

REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. / Stories Of Funny Nairalanders And Novels / Is The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Green Advisable For A Moral Person To Read?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.