Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) (43696 Views)

Stories: The Path Of Destinies (PC) Gameplay - Walkthrough #1 / GTA San Andreas Mod (PC Version) Walkthrough / Walkthrough For From Russia With Love And Black? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 07, 2012
[img]http://futureblue.files./2012/06/gaming.jpg[/img]

This section is a ghost town. undecided

No matter, I'll try to liven it up a bit.

Every once in a while I will post some videos on youtube of games (old and new)
and give a little feed back on the hosts and their channels. smiley

For those of you who do not know, a "walkthrough" on youtube pertains to gamers who usually have permission by the makers themselves to purchase and upload games to show/demonstrate to beat them. In fact walkthroughs have become so popular, some of the most known gaming companies themselves sponsor some of these accounts. smiley

El primero channel that I will feature is an example...

2 Likes

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 07, 2012
1) [size=28pt]MahaloVideoGames[/size]
http://www.youtube.com/user/mahalovideogames

First off let me just say that NO youtube 'gamer channel list' is worth mentioning without including these guys/gal! cool

They practically set the trend for this phenomenon. smiley Every game of the new age that is highly anticipated or has some of the best ratings, regardless of the plot or genre, is featured on one of their channels.

From Modern Warfare, to Resident Evil. Mass Effect to Ghost Reckon. LA Noire to Grand Theft Auto...you search it, most likely, they've got it. cool

These guys are awesome!! My only gripe is they have gone from trying to demonstrate ways to beat games to just uploading just to get hits with little consideration for suggestions or questions their subscribers/subbies may have. But with the increase in gamer channels, competition to keep fans has as well. So they have their tactics to keep their viewers "loyal". Periodically they will ask Subbies to "leave the best comment possible" and win games and game systems which is kinda cool. smiley

Channel Rating: 4.5/5

Anyway here is an upload courtesy of Mahalogames..one of the most anticipated of the year

"Mass Effect 3"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpm-OTYSsQ8

Enjoy!! cheesy
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 07, 2012
btw guys...Feel free to add to this thread!! smiley

OH!! and...
>>>>>> before I proceed, I would like to add that gamer channels come in FOUR categories:

A) Commentary w/ cutscenes
B) No Commentary w/ cutscenes
C) No Cut scenes w/ Commentary
D) No Cut Scenes, No Commentary (very rare!)

They are pretty much self explanatory.

My next and final feature for today belongs to the 'Commentary w/ Cutscenes' category. This simply means the uploader talks throughout the walkthrough and includes cutscenes.

Cutscenes are the skits/scenes that connect the action within the game to each other and presents/completes the story line. (Hopefully that was a good enough explanation lol).

Now for channels that do not have legal permission (usually in the case with group C), something as simple as including cutscenes in one's walkthrough/s can lead to copyright infringement and perhaps the eventual deletion of one's channel by youtube. I can recall in 2008 and 2009, that Grand Theft Auto 4: Liberty City, has cost many their youtube accounts unfortunately which is why most gamers will either advertise for gaming companies or request recognition by them to prevent disciplinary action. smiley

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 07, 2012
2)[size=28pt]TheRadBrad[/size] aka ("Mr. f__ck you chair!" grin grin grin)
http://www.youtube.com/user/theRadBrad

This guy is probably the sweetest out there and def. among the BEST!! I mean humble, hilarious and unique. smiley
He is VERY considerate of the subscribers to his channel and as mentioned before has quite a sense a humor which makes the experience of watching his videos even better. Now he DOES talk throughout his videos which many may find quite annoying but that is why you have to know which channel fits right for you to subscribe to. smiley

I am definitely a fan of Brad's and an avid supporter of his channel as he keeps his subbies up to date with uploads and developments. My beef with him is a given walkthrough that for other channels may be knocked out in two weeks, may take him 3 wks - to even a month. undecided

Eh! He has a life which is understandable, so I don't and hope you won't hold it against him. wink

My Rating: 4/5

Here's an upload of TheRadBrad featuring one of the HOTTEST games of 2012
"Max Payne 3" smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52vu-uzfbTQ

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by ritchboy(m): 7:55am On Jul 08, 2012
Good job MsDarkSkin wink

I've been off the grid for a bit embarassed embarassed

Even forgot to set up an Evo thread sad

I'll be back fully soon! smiley

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2012
^^ Glad you appreciate it bro.

Please do!! I am looking forward to seeing you around more. smiley
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2012

Ok!! Gamers, As promised I am back with yet another update. smiley smiley but before I get to it, I just wanted to clarify a few things because I just read an interesting piece on some folks who have certain opinions about gamers which I find hilarious.

Where I live in the United States it's a predominantly white and asian college town. lol
Although the population has increased and construction to accommodate them is nonstop, we are not quite "city like" yet. SO you can imagine that it's pretty slow around here. Our town's mall caters to the elderly grin grin and the atmosphere is pretty much conservative and boring for us young adults, talk less of the youth.

We entertain ourselves by going to nearby cities and taking advantage of what they have to offer. Or if in town we hang out at bars or skate board parks...and those of us who would rather not do any of the above - like myself, well...we just work, go to school and play video games. cheesy

It's a stress reliever and one of the main ways to escape the hectic American life. (Luckily, this is becoming an international phenomenon.) You see, games are a reflection of us all. They come in all shapes, sizes, themes and are playable in many types of consoles. The stigma associated with playing video games has long since been eradicated and theories of "promoting laziness and the lowering of one's IQ" >> DEBUNKED. On the contrary they are believed to promote concentration cool. Not to mention some of the most responsible of people are game fanatics.

Again, the gaming world is a diverse one. There are traditional action games as well as games that are thought provoking and contain a barrage of puzzles and problems to solve. There is a game out there for everyone.

Life is what you make it. Live a little. smiley

#Team[b]GAMING[/b]IS[b]NOT[/b]A[b]CRIME[/b]! cool grin

Anywho...let's get back to the list.

3 Likes

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
3) [size=28pt]SSoHPKC[/size]
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSoHPKC

This channel is also a category "A", which means there is commentary throughout the walkthroughs w/ cutscenes. I find this gamer to be quite hilarious. He is still up and coming but has nearly 600,000 subscribers which is awesome. cheesy I haven't really watched a lot of his walkthroughs as I am pretty much "loyal" if you will, to RadBrad and Mahalogames...however with the few that he has done that I've watched I really did enjoy them. I love how he doesn't fit into one box, he's got games uploaded from the old Super Mario Bros to Uncharted 3.

My only issue is his channel itself...it's not really "inviting" so to speak and as 'petty' as it may sound visual attraction really does make a difference esp. if you want more views and subscriptions. BUT aside from that, what I do LOVE is that he also advertises for other gamer channels which is awesome!! smiley Check him out!

My rating: 3.5/5

And now here is a walkthough courtesy of SSoHPKC from the game "Prototype 2"...another hot one!! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AMrQHqC99Y

2 Likes

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
any channel with halo 3?

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
lari03: any channel with halo 3?

yes sweetie..

Mahalo does smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyhQPQrFL5A

Also LewisBlogsGaming does as well but he does so with commentary. smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZMrfJBVvOk
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
thanks will check it out asap

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
cheesy cheesy
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by mkmyers45(m): 11:32am On Jul 24, 2012
Have anything on DMC 4?
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2012
mkmyers45: Have anything on DMC 4?

Got it!! cheesy (uploaded by TheGabberman9000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9rJkyd_jGk
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
^^ My computer sound is out right now so I can't tell if it's
with commentary...

but here is another link from an upload by MrRetroKid91
hopefully it doesn't have voice commentary...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqdmHXPv7fE&feature=related

I will watch some of this on my phone to see if it's commentary free. smiley

*update*
it's commentary free. Just has English subtitles unlike the first one. smiley
Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by 190: 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
cheesy
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
?
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 10, 2012
^^^lol
guys please don't derail my thread. smiley

[size=18pt]@topic: it's been a while.[/size]

I won't be on here very often and perhaps not every week for that matter but I will try to come as often as possible with more updates. Who knows maybe in the near future I will post my own walkthroughs. wink lipsrsealed

[size=2pt]Not a promise though![/size] grin

Anyway, I would like to stress that[b] Anyone[/b] interested - be it now or the distant future grin - can feel free to submit their own comments or reviews about games or channels they would recommend. Old games, new games, personal channels what ever, however.

This is a timeless and open thread.

More importantly, this is for everyone. smiley
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
Here is yet another upload courtesy of [size=18pt]TheRadBrad[/size]...

Obviously he is my favorite Tube-Gamer wink but the focus of this entry is this latest game entitled: "Deadlight".

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJwbKX4JulU

When I first saw it I was like "[size=13pt]Oh no. Not ANOTHER zombie game![/size]" tongue But once I checked out a few vids of this walkthrough, truth be told I wasn't the least bit disappointed. Ok..well, I do have maybe one gripe though... grin

BUT LET ME ME GET INTO[b] THE POSITIVES...[/b]

First of all it is '2d', in that you only view the game from side view. It has that oldschool meets new feel to it. Even the cutscenes appear to be in comic book fashion which is reminiscent of the X-BOX 1 game "Thirteen XIII" although not nearly as annoying. (Thank God grin)

I haven't checked out the entire walkthrough however I am pretty impressed. smiley
It would be nice to see more games with the old school appeal. It reminds me of the old Mortal Kombat arcades. wink

The beef...well the whole melancholy vibe added with the "too wise for his own good" protagonist is a bit cliche, tbh. I assume that is the appropriate mood for a horror survival game. Heaven forbid we have another fricken "Lollipop Chainsaw" game which IMHO was an epic fail, as it was a little too over the top 'happy go lucky' esp. for a Zombie game. But Eh! undecided a little comedy relief wouldn't hurt for once. smiley

Anyway good game. Check it out!!
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Macrophage(m): 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nice one. You dey try oo. I never knew a lady could be so into this gaming ish. Do you have a PSN ID?
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 11, 2012
Macrophage: Nice one. You dey try oo. I never knew a lady could be so into this gaming ish. Do you have a PSN ID?

Yes sir.

Gaming aside from praying does my soul good. smiley

As for my PSN ID..i will hit you up on that later...

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 15, 2012
^^^ this girl, if not for the fact that you are a heretical witch grin grin grin angry grin
You ignite my senses. See here a cute BLACK girl, with a BIG bootay, who plays VIDEO GAMES, and not just video games, but video games with ADVENTURE, STORY LINES and some BRUTALITY to boot.

Its not a common sight kiss

2buff has a fantasy smiley...one he fears might be hard to realize. angry
It involves wrapping his arms round said type of girl from behind her, while playing his PS3 , and she plays too pad in hand.
And its not just love stunts, no, i mean we really playing and being a challenge to each other in whatever we playing, not going easy on the other...be it fifa or street fighter....thats my boo right there. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2012
2buff: ^^^ this girl, if not for the fact that you are a heretical witch grin grin grin angry grin
You ignite my senses. See here a cute BLACK girl, with a BIG bootay, who plays VIDEO GAMES, and not just video games, but video games with ADVENTURE, STORY LINES and some BRUTALITY to boot.

Its not a common sight kiss

2buff has a fantasy smiley...one he fears might be hard to realize. angry
It involves wrapping his arms round said type of girl from behind her, while playing his PS3 , and she plays too pad in hand.
And its not just love stunts, no, i mean we really playing and being a challenge to each other in whatever we playing, not going easy on the other...be it fifa or street fighter....thats my boo right there. cheesy

Hmmmm let me find out my buffy is trying to mack. kiss

You like gaming too? Awesome.
One day i just might have to show you my skills. wink

[size=2pt]Btw i still hope you wake up preggers[/size] grin
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
I'm going to update this thread using my *kails* i.d.
so don't be confused. smiley

speaking of which, i think it's time for an update! cool
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
4) [size=28pt]VISO Gamer[/size]
https://www.youtube.com/user/VISOGamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53-hR1_CL5s

*will do a complete rating and review of the presentation and gamplay of this particular upload of Deus eX: Human Revolution, just as soon as I am finished with this series.

I remember book marking this page last year but not getting around to finishing it all.
I personally don't own this game therefore don't know the background or how to beat it and haven't heard much about it. I do remember loving the graphics and the fact that the uploader was SILENT the entire time! grin

Some folks prefer commentary and a few people were upset of the lack of talking in the comment section but, I like silence so...I am going to post this and finish my review when I am done.

May take a while, plus I want to add more entries to make up for the time gap.
Who knows one day you may even see my own walkthrough or vlog. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2012
#TEAMGG ALL THE WAY BABEH!! grin

4 Likes

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by LordReed(m): 8:01am On Sep 23, 2012
Are you gonna get Borderlands 2? Men it is my definition of sweet stuff!
Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Macrophage(m): 11:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
i got platinum on deus ex: human revolution. grin

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
I need to bring this thread back to life. smiley

1 Like

Re: My List Of Helpful Walkthrough Channels :) by captalex(m): 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
I just resurrected it.
gamer chicks are cool,always easy to date and have a cool time with them. they fart alot though. you could prove otherwise

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Childhood Days: Did You Remember Doing This To Little Brother? / Playing Pes To Become A Guru / Hilarious Video Games Meme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.